Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Idea for a Stuff Pack: Mediterranean Dream (picture heavy)

AlbaWaterhouseAlbaWaterhouse Posts: 3,953 Member
edited November 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I come from a country by the Mediterranean Sea but I don't live there anymore.
When building in game, I often find myself missing the vibrant colours and shapes that are so familiar to me.
In previous iterations, whenever a Mediterranean vibe was added to the game, it was always more focused on Southern France and Italy. This time around, I would love if the team could embrace the diversity of our sea, Northern Africa, Spain, Greece, Turkey, and everything in between.

It could be builders paradise as it would be full of new vibrant colours, arches, doors, windows, and a terrain tool (that could be patched in before the stuff pack release).

For Build/Buy mode:

It's all about the tiles:

Tiles on the floor, tiles on the walls, tiles around arches, tiles, tiles, tiles!

UEnbzOi.jpg
QoJBrEP.jpg
uNdtZ8K.jpg
2zUoW3N.jpg

Doors, windows, balconies, plants and all that jazz:

9IzXmla.jpg
mvv7xY9.jpg
9tifkdO.jpg
W5JNWUs.jpg
kEUna7E.jpg

Patterns, lamps, decorations, etc:

FxU1hyT.jpg
WmJdZJ8.jpg
kSLrqMY.jpg
CWzyIMw.jpg

(CAS and Gameplay objects in the next post)[/i]
Origin ID is: AlbaWaterhouse
All my creations are CC free.
Post edited by AlbaWaterhouse on

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2017
    CAS:

Hair should be a curly affair!

For Male style Sims:

g86bfOq.jpg
    cJLy5f5.jpg
    ilEugLD.jpg
    gTDkgN9.jpg

It could also be the perfect opportunity to add body hair (maybe in a patch?) and new facial hairstyles.

For Female Sims:

uEAAwyD.jpg
    BQTGc0V.jpg
    Ly0HBS1.jpg

Accesories options could be endless!

A couple of examples:

9B3HqRg.jpg
    UKgSUOk.jpg
    3qx6Zpx.jpg

Gameplay objects could be for example:

1-The return of wine making and the new addition of olive oil making! (With olives being a new harvestable)
    2-A pottery/clay making station
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Would LOVE to see it! Great pics!
  • Options
    FreezerBunnyCowplantFreezerBunnyCowplant Posts: 3,957 Member
    edited January 2017
    I would rather have a whole new Mediterranean world... :) That features all your ideas above
    And yes, vibrant colors!
    So beautiful *-*
    Capture13.png
    a256aFi.gif
  • Options
    I would rather have a whole new Mediterranean world... :) That features all your ideas above
    And yes, vibrant colors!
    So beautiful *-*
    Capture13.png

That would be even better!
    I was just trying to aim low so it would seem more doable for the gurus.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    We did get some Moroccan style objects with City Living, with nice tiles on them. I really like them and would appreciate more. I'd like more wall and floor tiles too, in a similar style.

I like all your suggestions, including the hair.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    We did get some Moroccan style objects with City Living, with nice tiles on them. I really like them and would appreciate more. I'd like more wall and floor tiles too, in a similar style.

I like all your suggestions, including the hair.

Yes, and I overuse them :D
    Also, there is a couple of beautiful new tiles in the Vampire pack.
    But I want more! I want to be able to build a whole house on that style.
  • Options
    Jan1eJan1e Posts: 35 Member
    Love this idea. My sims often wish for a vacation but to be honest I am rather bored of outdoor retreat. It is fine for a short visit especially when the sims are young or short of cash but too limiting as the generations progress and more money is available
  • Options
    ExxCeeExxCee Posts: 353 Member
    YES YES YES AND MORE YES!! I tried creating very basic Moroccan-themed stuff using the bare minimum we had available with GTW but it's just not right... I absolutely love the teals and terracottas and flowing hair...
    Origin ID: ExxCee
  • Options
    feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I love it all, those white painted house are adorable, a new town like that would be great, and those hanging plants beautiful. we need it all.
  • Options
    isaiahzayisaiahzay Posts: 295 Member
    Yes!! Love this idea! (But I'd want it even bigger than a stuff pack!) I'm curious to what new content/interactions it would bring (like the wishing well, ice cream maker, slip n' slide, etc. that come with stuff packs).

Do you have any unique objects or collections in mind that fit in with the Mediterranean theme? Cultural, magical, or practical?
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »
    Yes!! Love this idea! (But I'd want it even bigger than a stuff pack!) I'm curious to what new content/interactions it would bring (like the wishing well, ice cream maker, slip n' slide, etc. that come with stuff packs).

Do you have any unique objects or collections in mind that fit in with the Mediterranean theme? Cultural, magical, or practical?

Yes :)

1- The return of wine making and the new addition of olive oil making! (With olives being a new harvestable)
    2- A pottery/clay making station
  • Options
    isaiahzay wrote: »

Yes :)

1- The return of wine making and the new addition of olive oil making! (With olives being a new harvestable)
    2- A pottery/clay making station

Awesome! I love it! Haha And sims could even make/paint tiles!!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I would love a pack like this!

It could be even better if it was a vacation pack.
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    SimalleyaileSimalleyaile Posts: 865 Member
    I'm terribly greedy. If I'm going to dream, I'll dream BIG. I love ALL THINGS MEDITERRANEAN, I wouldn't be happy with just a stuff pack. Especially considering how limiting the build items are with those packs. One window. One door etc. I'd want an entire EXPANSION pack:

Residential world with neighbourhoods 1.in the cliffs, 2.by the sea, 3.bustling community hub especially designed for community lots such as restaurants, bars etc inspired by this picture:
    And yes, vibrant colors!
    So beautiful *-*
    Capture13.png

An entire build set - those pictures you've provided are beautiful.

Jewellery making could also be included in a Mediterranean pack.

Sailing? Ever going to be possible in Sims 4, this would be a perfect setting.

And the game mechanic they could include in the pack is HOTELS - the ability to BUILD, not just visit - hotels ANYWHERE in our worlds, including San Myshuno, or if we wanted, even Willow Creek etc. I loved this about sims 2. All you had to do is enter a code, and you could change the lot and build yourself a hotel anywhere. I built quite a few functioning bed and breakfasts in my associated residential hoods (as well as the vacation hoods). That way, we get the best of BOTH worlds, sims could LIVE by that gorgeous sea, and sims from San Myshuno, Windenburg etc, could visit. (Hotels could be LOT coded, instead of world coded, so they could function in all worlds... )

Anway, whatever they think of doing in a Mediterranean theme I would definitely buy.

Oh and @AlbaWaterhouse - I'd like to order one of him to go :p

CAS:

Hair should be a curly affair!

For Male Sims:

10987baeb017b34a57badc08478b2243.jpg

• Options
    And the game mechanic they could include in the pack is HOTELS - the ability to BUILD, not just visit - hotels ANYWHERE in our worlds, including San Myshuno, or if we wanted, even Willow Creek etc. I loved this about sims 2. All you had to do is enter a code, and you could change the lot and build yourself a hotel anywhere. I built quite a few functioning bed and breakfasts in my associated residential hoods (as well as the vacation hoods). That way, we get the best of BOTH worlds, sims could LIVE by that gorgeous sea, and sims from San Myshuno, Windenburg etc, could visit. (Hotels could be LOT coded, instead of world coded, so they could function in all worlds... )
    That is an awesome idea!
  • Options
    @SimGuruDrake @SimGuruNinja This idea is awesome!! I don't know how ideas get passed around in the studio but... just saying, it's worth a few thoughts!
  • Options
    Raquel816Raquel816 Posts: 2 New Member
    I love everyone's idea! How about a Sims of the World Expansion Pack incorporating the Mediterranean and other countries as well!? We have items, objects, food, interactions (everything) from different countries? Africa, South America, European, Middle Eastern & Asian with looks from each countries most popular cities. I would also love a top of the line household items and objects. Chefs kitchen, with the sub-zeros, gas-top stoves, double ovens, extravagant staircases and furniture but I would be happy with a Stuff pack on the latter.
  • Options
    So glad to see you guys loving this theme!
    You've all made me want more and now I want a whole world like this, not only a Stuff Pack :D
  • Options
    So glad to see you guys loving this theme!
    You've all made me want more and now I want a whole world like this, not only a Stuff Pack :D

You've given us inspiration. You made us want a whole world with a theme like this.
    Ideas breed more inspiration.

I can see something like this being the new version of monte vista. Something with a real world magic to it.
  • Options
    simmisammisimmisammi Posts: 63 Member
    this seems so cool!! I think they should add this for sure hands down!! I would also love to see more European styles and worlds too, especially polish since I am polish :)
  • Options
    CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    10/10 would buy
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • Options
    OpalMoonOpalMoon Posts: 35 Member
    I love the idea of having a Mediterranean world and some designs in Sims 4.
  • Options
    I want to bump this thread because the more I think about it, the more I want it!
    It'd be amazing if instead of just a Stuff Pack it would be a Game Pack or Expansion Pack with a world inspired by it <3
  • Options
    Going to share some stuff I posted in another thread.

The topic was university or island themed pack
    Venice gives the option of both.
    Movotti wrote: »
    What about combining the two, and having an island university?

San servolo in the Venetian Lagoon, Italy. Its a uni, on an island!

260px-San_Servolo_%28Venice%29_from_the_air.jpg
    sanservolo.jpg
    sanservolo.jpg
    VIU_848x174.jpg

Movotti wrote: »
    All the islands, and the shore of the lagoon are build up like that. If they weren't, they'd quickly disappear.

1639.jpg

venice-birdseye-view-1.jpg

And then there's San Michele, aka the island of the dead.
    2e452c033ed34d23202453132a06216e.jpg

Pellastrina is the barrier between the lagoon and the sea, it has beaches on the seaward side
    1656.jpg

Seawalls and built up coastlines are pretty common in areas where people live, but don't want the water to wash away the land they live on.

Here's Pellestrina from a different angle

0560-02_FRONT_IMG_3570.jpg
    0560-03_TELE_TIP_1894.JPG

Some of the buildings are very bright
    venice-village-of-burano-picture-id555521387?s=170667a

19844771532_c7a1c03bf0_h-495x400.jpg
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    Yes please. It's tiring that the game is so US-centred all the time. San Myshuno did nothing to fix that even though they claimed it was based on other countries.

I'd love to see a departure from the boring way the "West" views the world.