Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just felt like LAUNDRY stuff pack is next after BOWLING... really...

Comments

• Options
    IdkidkyetIdkidkyet Posts: 35 Member
    Basically you want a homemaker stuff pack then why would there be toddler bathing items when it's laundry if their going to add irrelevant stuff to packs then they should just include laundry with a different pack.
  • Options
    SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    Idkidkyet wrote: »
    Basically you want a homemaker stuff pack then why would there be toddler bathing items when it's laundry if their going to add irrelevant stuff to packs then they should just include laundry with a different pack.

Like I said earlier, I'd like laundry to come in a bed, bath & beyond SP lol. I think it would fit well given it's kind of a bathroom item for me. Hence the toddler bathing stuff. But idk, I don't make the SPs, so they might very well include it with another pack ;)
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited February 2017
    I can think of many objects that would go into a laundry pack to fill a stuff pack.

Game play items with new animations:
    Washer
    Dryer
    Hanging line
    Clothing rack
    Washing board
    Iron and ironing board

Decorative:
    Soap box
    Laundry Soap bottles
    Fabric softener
    Dryer sheets
    Wicker baskets
    New hampers
    Stacks of sheets
    New Shoe racks
    Shelf with hooks
    Washrags and towels
    New flower pots

Build buy items:
    New open style doors and windows (where hanging lines can go in and out of)
    Halfdoors (Where the top of the door opens but the bottom stays closed)
    New cabinets
    New wallpapers
    New sinks

Cas:
    Pinned back old timey hair styles
    Hair pinned up in a bow and ribbon
    Old style floral dresses with aprons
    Bonnets
    Bandanas
  • Options
    jason712jason712 Posts: 83 Member
    Rather than an ice cream maker they should have added a laundry machine in the cool kitchen stuff pack. Maybe a stuff pack would be the pest place to add it?
  • Options
    JadeleineJadeleine Posts: 2,140 Member
    I think that such theme should come in a free update like toddlers...this would be awesome :)!
  • Options
    MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I really don't understand the appeal of laundry in the sims.
    Can anyone please explain what is so appealing about laundry in the game?
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Movotti wrote: »

It kinda makes things more realistic and gives sims more things to do around the house.
  • Options
    LadyJester wrote: »

It kinda makes things more realistic and gives sims more things to do around the house.

But why more chores? Why not more social activities instead?
    As it is, I struggle to have my sims have time to make food, wash dishes, get enough sleep, go to work/school, AND still build their friendships.

If it's about realism, why not have more death and funerals? If it's about realism, why don't they have memories? If it's about realism, why does the game include aliens and vampires. Seriously, who wants to launder plasma out of a tux? Why not have dry cleaners to do the hard work for you?
    Oh wait, sims clothes don't actually get dirty, no plasma stains to worry about, can wear that tux for a thousand years straight and it will look as good as it did on day one.
  • Options
    LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member

As it is, I struggle to have my sims have time to make food, wash dishes, get enough sleep, go to work/school, AND still build their friendships.

If it's about realism, why not have more death and funerals? If it's about realism, why don't they have memories? If it's about realism, why does the game include aliens and vampires. Seriously, who wants to launder plasma out of a tux? Why not have dry cleaners to do the hard work for you?
    Oh wait, sims clothes don't actually get dirty, no plasma stains to worry about, can wear that tux for a thousand years straight and it will look as good as it did on day one.

Well the sims will never be truly that realistic but some people like chores in their games. if they did add laundry in the game im sure it wouldn't be something you would have to do. I think in the sims 3 piles of clothes only appeared if you had a washer and dryer on the lot.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2017

For me, it's part for the messiness (clothes lying around)/tidyness (tidy piles of clothes), the animations/activities (like for ironing), it's an iconic scene in a day at home. I would like mowing for the same reason too (having short grass/long grass), and animations around mowing. I liked raking leaves in TS2 too, I hope to see it come back too. It makes the house feels more lively with different stages of things changing over time, it makes me feel like some time is passing when things are changing. Being able to interact with it allows me to have more diverse houses too (some more tidy, some more messy, etc).
  • Options

All sims do right now is socialize. There is hardly anything for homemaker sims to do at home alone. People like to play homemakers who take care of the home. Unfortunately we have like no chores or anyway to really effect the home. You don't have to 'get it' but there is an extreme lack of chores and there is a huge demand for laundry.
  • Options
    I'll say the same thing the vampire fans said to me: Don't want more chores? Don't buy the pack.
  • Options
    CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member

Honestly, when we first got it in TS3 I was all, 'Meh, more chores? No thank you!'

But then I got quite into a super-realistic style of gameplay and I found a new love for all things laundry! I wouldn't use it for all Sims, just particular ones where I wanted to play out a particular story line. For example, a single-mum trying to hold down a job and keep on top of the housework. Or a slob single dude who wants to impress a girl but his trailer is a total dump! I like having the mundane realistic characters as much as celebrities or city-types.

Also, I feel like the original idea of the Sims as a life simulator was just to have a simulation of normal life. That was what I found so appealing in the first place! Telling different everyday stories, about different sims. Like a soap opera or reality TV but actually being able to take control of the characters.

Also, having a venue like a launderette opens up a lot of new gameplay and story-line possibilities to me. I'm not going to link to the story here because I'm not sure if it's appropriate, but on my blog I have a story about a crime syndicate who run a launderette business as a front for their money laundering because... #PunLogic.

Finally, there are players who don't get the appeal of toddlers, or vampires, or pets. We all like different things in the game and one opinion doesn't make another less valid.
  • Options
    stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    edited February 2017
    JPsimmer wrote: »
    I liked Laundry too but I'm not sure if I could bring myself to buy a pack that is just about doing laundry. :|

What other home making objects could they add? Maybe a sewing machine for crafting clothes and blankets to sell or display/wear.

Or running your own laundry service :#

I've suggested a Bed and Bath SP -- we could use more twin/single beds since we got the new double beds in Vintage Glamour Stuff, and there's been a constant clamor for bunk beds (which would have really been ideal for the City Living apartments). A couple different styles of bunk beds, perhaps a matching single loft bed with space underneath for a desk or dresser, assorted decor, laundry hampers (new ones plus reprogramming the current decor ones to be functional), new toilet/tub/shower/sink coordinating set, then a couple different laundry machines (one high-tech and expensive, the other slightly beat-up and more likely to break), with ability to upgrade (shorter cycles, water saving, etc.). Since most people put hampers in either a bedroom or a bathroom (whereever they're more likely to change clothes), it would make sense to include them in a Bed/Bath SP.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Options
    While Bowling and Laundry can be fun things to do. I don't think they need a single pack of each thing. At least the separate Supernatural packs make sense.

Bowling does make a little sense to have its own SP, though, especially if you're including a new venue (Bowling Alley) along with new CASsets and objects.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

Honestly, when we first got it in TS3 I was all, 'Meh, more chores? No thank you!'

But then I got quite into a super-realistic style of gameplay and I found a new love for all things laundry! I wouldn't use it for all Sims, just particular ones where I wanted to play out a particular story line. For example, a single-mum trying to hold down a job and keep on top of the housework. Or a slob single dude who wants to impress a girl but his trailer is a total dump! I like having the mundane realistic characters as much as celebrities or city-types.

Also, I feel like the original idea of the Sims as a life simulator was just to have a simulation of normal life. That was what I found so appealing in the first place! Telling different everyday stories, about different sims. Like a soap opera or reality TV but actually being able to take control of the characters.

Also, having a venue like a launderette opens up a lot of new gameplay and story-line possibilities to me. I'm not going to link to the story here because I'm not sure if it's appropriate, but on my blog I have a story about a crime syndicate who run a launderette business as a front for their money laundering because... #PunLogic.

Finally, there are players who don't get the appeal of toddlers, or vampires, or pets. We all like different things in the game and one opinion doesn't make another less valid.

I like the sound of your story. Money laundering. LOL.
    That makes me wonder if there's any CC that is a decorative washer?

And yeah, I've often thought of the sims as the soap opera that you're in control of.

Your answer is a good one. It's got some nice layers happening.

I'll say the same thing the vampire fans said to me: Don't want more chores? Don't buy the pack.
    That answer is poo, because it doesn't really do anything.
    But then again, when it came to the vampires pack, people like you weren't asking why others liked vampires.

I'm not fond of chores in the game, but I am curious as to why others do.

My sims seem to have far too many chores to do, so I don't know how you can say that the game is lacking in chores. The dishes keep on mounting up, plumbing springs a-leak and makes puddles, and I don't know what some sims are eating, but they are making quite a mess of the toilet, and it's leaving my stay at home mother very little time to do any writing. And we're not even going to talk about the state of the coffee maker.
  • Options

The solution could be that if you don't want your Sims to do laundry, don't put hampers on the lot -- I think that's how it worked in Sims 3; Sims would spin into their outfit and not leave dirty clothes piles behind if they didn't have a hamper. You could also drag the clothes pile to the hamper, similar to dragging dishes to the trash, sink or dishwasher, so they could enable that as well. Or they could tie it to the washing machines themselves; if you don't want to have to do laundry, don't buy a washer/dryer -- that would preclude building a laundromat though. That way people could still get the CASsets and other items that might come along with the pack.
  • Options

The solution could be that if you don't want your Sims to do laundry, don't put hampers on the lot -- I think that's how it worked in Sims 3; Sims would spin into their outfit and not leave dirty clothes piles behind if they didn't have a hamper. You could also drag the clothes pile to the hamper, similar to dragging dishes to the trash, sink or dishwasher, so they could enable that as well. Or they could tie it to the washing machines themselves; if you don't want to have to do laundry, don't buy a washer/dryer -- that would preclude building a laundromat though. That way people could still get the CASsets and other items that might come along with the pack.
  • Options
    NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member
    edited February 2017

I think the pack could come with a set of objects : a dirty-clothes basket, a washing machine, a dryer (outside/inside/tumble), an ironing table.

Buying any of these would trigger the laundry system. That way, you can have a laundry venue too, you would just need to buy a dirty-clothes basket for example, or an ironing table.

Some of the objects could even be optional, like you could click on the pile of clothes and choose to iron it (if you have an ironing table) or to put it back in the dressing.
    Post edited by Neia on
  • Options
    JaseJase Posts: 2,147 Member
    Surprisingly, I actually kind of miss washers and dryers in game too. Not only does it add a nice bit of realism to the game, but I tend to use real house plans when I build and I'm tired of having useless laundry rooms. LOL

While it's not laundry involved, I've always wanted to see push lawnmowers and vacuum cleaners added too. They would be good chore items for sims kids to use to earn allowances or nice punishments for acting up. :)
  • Options
    simduck88simduck88 Posts: 89 Member
    I hate laundry in all worlds. I hope this is not coming :smiley:
  • Options
    AquaGamer1212AquaGamer1212 Posts: 5,417 Member
    I can think of many objects that would go into a laundry pack to fill a stuff pack.

Game play items with new animations:
    Washer
    Dryer
    Hanging line
    Clothing rack
    Washing board
    Iron and ironing board

Decorative:
    Soap box
    Laundry Soap bottles
    Fabric softener
    Dryer sheets
    Wicker baskets
    New hampers
    Stacks of sheets
    New Shoe racks
    Shelf with hooks
    Washrags and towels
    New flower pots

Build buy items:
    New open style doors and windows (where hanging lines can go in and out of)
    Halfdoors (Where the top of the door opens but the bottom stays closed)
    New cabinets
    New wallpapers
    New sinks

Cas:
    Pinned back old timey hair styles
    Hair pinned up in a bow and ribbon
    Old style floral dresses with aprons
    Bonnets
    Bandanas

Boom! This is genius. There we go, @SimGuruDrake can you let the team know we want EXACTLY this lol.
    ts4_blossom_meadows_world_icon_gif_fan_art_by_hazzaplumbob-d.gif

• Options
    alexspoom13alexspoom13 Posts: 7,439 Member
    I definitely need a Teen Stuff Pack in my life. And one for Elders.
  • Options
    tasmabeltasmabel Posts: 207 Member
    Didn't they patch laundry in TS3? I honestly don't remember, but I LOVED it. I hate hiring a maid in most of my saves simply because I love the extra burden of having to clean. I also won't upgrade objects to stay clean or whatever. It adds challenge and forces the player to use better time management skills. But I also liked that in TS3 there was no downside to not using the laundry objects. Just a bonus if you did.

I always wanted vacuuming and dusting. I know it's weird, but again, I like the challenge. I even make it a priority to make my sims brush their teeth every morning and night.

I would totally buy a laundry SP lol. But patching it in would be even nicer.
  • Options
    tasmabel wrote: »
    Didn't they patch laundry in TS3? I honestly don't remember, but I LOVED it. I hate hiring a maid in most of my saves simply because I love the extra burden of having to clean. I also won't upgrade objects to stay clean or whatever. It adds challenge and forces the player to use better time management skills. But I also liked that in TS3 there was no downside to not using the laundry objects. Just a bonus if you did.

I always wanted vacuuming and dusting. I know it's weird, but again, I like the challenge. I even make it a priority to make my sims brush their teeth every morning and night.

I would totally buy a laundry SP lol. But patching it in would be even nicer.

Laundry originally came with Ambitions -- you could have it at home or take your clothes to the Laundromat in Twinbrook. Later they added a few more machines to the Sims 3 Store, so I guess the functionality was patched in though you had to either buy Ambitions or one of the Store laundry sets to activate it.

I would like to see some improvement in cleaning in the game -- not necessarily adding chores like vacuuming and dusting, but make it where more Sims can clean other than just Neat Sims. Neat Sims should be more likely to clean autonomously, but all Sims even Slobs should be able to clean, with different moodlets depending on their traits. Lazy and Slob Sims could get Tense moodlets, others could get Bored or Happy, maybe even Angry if there's an interaction for other Sims to ask to clean (that would be a good one for teens, if their moms or dads asked them to clean the house or their room). And of course, if we get back punishments for bad behavior for children/teens, cleaning would be a good way to get off the hook and back in the parental good graces.