Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I just felt like LAUNDRY stuff pack is next after BOWLING... really...

simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
I can't think of anything else as stuff pack... we have recently got city living ep, so i assuming that laundry(washing machine, dryer, etc) stuff could be anytime soon & because it is really matching with living in the city. What'd ya guys think?

Comments

• simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    Is it sad that I really really want laundry to make a return? Like, more than cars. I find it relaxing in real life and in Sims 3. Plus the moodlets were a nice boost.

Me too. It seems to give sims more variety of gameplay at home lot. o:)
  • mmertormmertor Posts: 186 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm waiting patiently for this one too :) I like to play realistically and laundry will be a good addition :)
    Post edited by mmertor on
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Yes please! My homemaker needs more things to do.
  • ConclueConclue Posts: 2,307 Member

The next stuff pack is about bowling, it seems they can literally take anything and put it in a stuff pack these days, so I don't see them running out of ideas anytime soon. To be honest, it's starting to get a bit ridiculous because at this point we're just paying an extra $10 for a gameplay object that should just be included in EPs. I mean, I can understand a stuff pack for the backyard or for kids and add more furniture and clothes related to that theme, but bowling? It's a really odd choice for a stuff pack.

But I do hope laundry will come soon. Unlike bowling, I think it would make sense for a stuff pack, along with maybe some more household chores.

I think this is an unfair perspective. I would agree with you though in this manner, is that the "classic" EP/BG objects should try to remain in those packs. I understand there's simmers of all ages and incomes and so your "favorite item being a SP" is obnoxious, and I so get that. I think that's a better approach, because I would far rather SP's have some game play objects and be half as expensive as Sims 3's stuff packs. You also get a bunch of decor and CAS items, which is what a SP was for two series, strictly speaking. The only stuff packs I think that ever had objects that had new gameplay stuff was Mansion & Garden (2) and Outdoor Stuff (3) .

I felt the same way about the "Perfect Patio" stuff pack in (4) about hot tubs. Sims 3 too for that matter. I am grateful I am able to buy packs without too much hesitation. Sims 3 Store, I hesitated and waited for deals. Too expensive, it was the principle of it. However, with Sims 4's content delievers, I think for once its very fair. Some of those stuff packs have like 50 items! Some game play! For $10? I Think that's a perfect deal considering their art budget isn't spectacular anyhoo, the price for the content makes sense B)

• LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    I think if there was a 'laundry pack that increased the amount of housework involved in Sims 4, I would never buy another pack. I play Sims to AVOID housework.
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • dorcsyfuldorcsyful Posts: 851 Member
    The next stuff pack is about bowling, it seems they can literally take anything and put it in a stuff pack these days, so I don't see them running out of ideas anytime soon. To be honest, it's starting to get a bit ridiculous because at this point we're just paying an extra $10 for a gameplay object that should just be included in EPs. I mean, I can understand a stuff pack for the backyard or for kids and add more furniture and clothes related to that theme, but bowling? It's a really odd choice for a stuff pack.

But I do hope laundry will come soon. Unlike bowling, I think it would make sense for a stuff pack, along with maybe some more household chores.

Bowling came with an EP, so I can understand that. Hot tubs, on the other hand, are ridicolous. I mean, how many different hot tubs did we have in TS3? When you buy an SP, you pay for one gameplay object (that should be basegame or part of an EP) and a few other stuff so it's not completely obvious.
    Laundry, I hope they'll make sure that maids and butlers take care of it. I've had trouble with it in TS3. (looks like the dead don't like doing laundry either :D )
  • RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    If they make laundry an SP they're severely confused on what is and isn't acceptable to make an SP.
    that said they would probably do it then. EA is ridiculous.
    I don't miss laundry that much though. It was cool but if it makes a return they really need to work out some of the bugs it had in 3 where you'd just get piles of clothes absolutely everywhere every time someone changed outfits. My sim cycles through about 3 outfits on a good day and imagine all the piles!
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Or cars...

i would like cars...
    jr73Y.gif

• papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    GeeJaw wrote: »
    Maybe a Home Living stuff pack, so it could have washing machines, sewing machines, washing lines to hang up in the back yard, but it could also contain things such as freezers and new fridges, new TV's and dining sets, cupboards and even new traits such as "homebody", and new lounging clothes to match that trait. I'd also like to see the comeback of sims leaving laundry lying around to put in baskets to take to be washed, and they could even add more bathroom related stuff in the pack too, so you could have a shower and your clothes would be lying around afterwards, in fact, new showers and baths too, and even a baby bath would be cute so you can bathe your babies without drowning them. Home Living in general would just be really nice to have. There's a lot of potential there since my sims tend to be homebodies anyway cause I don't want to sit through the loading screens.

I want ALL of this.
  • bythedreadwolfbythedreadwolf Posts: 832 Member
    edited January 2017
    Conclue wrote: »

I think this is an unfair perspective. I would agree with you though in this manner, is that the "classic" EP/BG objects should try to remain in those packs. I understand there's simmers of all ages and incomes and so your "favorite item being a SP" is obnoxious, and I so get that. I think that's a better approach, because I would far rather SP's have some game play objects and be half as expensive as Sims 3's stuff packs. You also get a bunch of decor and CAS items, which is what a SP was for two series, strictly speaking. The only stuff packs I think that ever had objects that had new gameplay stuff was Mansion & Garden (2) and Outdoor Stuff (3) .

I felt the same way about the "Perfect Patio" stuff pack in (4) about hot tubs. Sims 3 too for that matter. I am grateful I am able to buy packs without too much hesitation. Sims 3 Store, I hesitated and waited for deals. Too expensive, it was the principle of it. However, with Sims 4's content delievers, I think for once its very fair. Some of those stuff packs have like 50 items! Some game play! For $10? I Think that's a perfect deal considering their art budget isn't spectacular anyhoo, the price for the content makes sense B)

Well, if I could afford to simply buy all of the packs, it wouldn't be a problem obviously. But not all people can and it's ridiculous that we have to pay for EPs that offer far less content than the previous games and then pay an extra $10 for one object that in the past came with packs that offered so much more. I never bought stuff packs for the previous games because I don't care about "stuff". I play with CC and what modders can do is usually way better than what EA offers, specially furniture (in my opinion). But now they add gameplay objects so it's tough to ignore stuff packs because then I miss out on important things. Hottubs is huge, and bowling is a pretty big thing too because it adds a lot to community lots. And then I end up having all these extra clothes and furniture that I don't even use because I wanted just that one gameplay object, you know? So it's not fair to me.

Stuff packs should offer just that. Stuff. There's game packs already which include gameplay, so it annoys me that they are mixing gameplay in stuff packs to basically "force" people like me to buy them, "Oh, you don't care about clothes and furniture? Well, what about hot tubs? You care about that, don't you? Pay up." But oh well... Good thing there are bundles that I can buy at half the price so that's why I don't complain about it too much. But every now and then it annoys me to think about it.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I feel like they might add in laundry with Generations or something but is it wrong that I would total buy a stuff pack just about laundry? :D I would love other chores to do too. Like mowing the lawn and racking the leaves etc.
  • ChazzzyChazzzy Posts: 7,166 Member
    I still wonder why they made sims automatically make up their beds. I feel I can't really make messy sims without it. Dirty laundry would help.
  • simsilversimsilver Posts: 562 Member
    edited January 2017
    There should be no issues of laundry stuff pack. Idon't think you should expect more than it should provide. In TS3/TS2, stuff pack is more like just additional stuff with higher price. No new gameplay at all. Laundry game pack would be one of the best stuff pack we can get, surely.
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    I am totally up for both of these ideas! I do think that pets and season and or a pets and seasons pack is next for an expansion but I really have no idea as far as a game or stuff pack would go. Would kind of be nice to have a little teaser video soon. :)
  • WiggleyTuffWiggleyTuff Posts: 600 Member
    Tss laundry with sims 4 Party edition? That doesnt work at all guys.

(Just kidding, dont get offended)
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Conclue wrote: »

Well, if I could afford to simply buy all of the packs, it wouldn't be a problem obviously. But not all people can and it's ridiculous that we have to pay for EPs that offer far less content than the previous games and then pay an extra $10 for one object that in the past came with packs that offered so much more. I never bought stuff packs for the previous games because I don't care about "stuff". I play with CC and what modders can do is usually way better than what EA offers, specially furniture (in my opinion). But now they add gameplay objects so it's tough to ignore stuff packs because then I miss out on important things. Hottubs is huge, and bowling is a pretty big thing too because it adds a lot to community lots. And then I end up having all these extra clothes and furniture that I don't even use because I wanted just that one gameplay object, you know? So it's not fair to me.

Stuff packs should offer just that. Stuff. There's game packs already which include gameplay, so it annoys me that they are mixing gameplay in stuff packs to basically "force" people like me to buy them, "Oh, you don't care about clothes and furniture? Well, what about hot tubs? You care about that, don't you? Pay up." But oh well... Good thing there are bundles that I can buy at half the price so that's why I don't complain about it too much. But every now and then it annoys me to think about it.

I don't think I can agree with this. I don't think they are "forcing" you to pay for anything to be honest with you. They want to add more to the packs besides just the gameplay objects. I don't think people would just pay 10 dollars for only a hot tub or just a bowling object you know? They want to make the pack worth it with more content.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    simsilver wrote: »
    There should be no issues of laundry stuff pack. Idon't think you should expect more than it should provide. In TS3/TS2, stuff pack is more like just additional stuff with higher price. No new gameplay at all. Laundry game pack would be one of the best stuff pack we can get, surely.

True, Thesims4 is the first game to introduce proper gameplay content with Stuff Packs.
    jr73Y.gif

• LoneSaiyajinLoneSaiyajin Posts: 22 New Member
    While Bowling and Laundry can be fun things to do. I don't think they need a single pack of each thing. At least the separate Supernatural packs make sense.
  • asouthernwriterasouthernwriter Posts: 1,041 Member
    I don't think we should even have to petition for washer and dryers since they are like any other real life appliance. But with that said, if they do one, I hope it's a homemaker stuff pack with extra features.
  • kirasososweetkirasososweet Posts: 172 Member
    I have been missing laundry and making beds since forever. If they were to make just laundry a SP it would probably be a little lacking but...(hopeful pause) maybe if they made a Chores SP or GP that would be cool. Now stay with me. Imagine being able to play as a butler or nanny or maid as your career/job. You would be assigned to some family where you would go to their homes for however long and be required to do specific chores like laundry, washing dishes, mopping, making beds cleaning surfaces...blah blah... Hopefully that made sense