Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Baby talk

SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
edited January 2017 in Off Topic Chat
This is probably inappropriate for Sims forum but it's been a popular topic in my life at the moment. I'm on medication (antipsychotic) and I recently found out I can't have babies when on it (it can cause a miscarriage of hurt the fetus greatly). And I've just been thinking about it, eventhough I don't even have a partner who would be fit to be a father yet. I kinda feel I'm at a point where I want what I can't have. On the other hand, I really like babies, infants in particular (I know everybody likes toddlers but infants are just the cutest to me) and I'm at an age where I could have children already. Anyway... thought I'd ask here some questions: Do you have children (if so how many and how was the pregnancy and how is the overall bringing up experience), if not, do you want them? What do you think of adopting/surrogacy (weirdly this isn't legal in sooo many places, like why!?!?)?

Please no more inappropriate and negative arguing about terminating the pregnancy or anything, this thread is not about that, it's about loving babies. Also, no baby making stories :D cause T
Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)

Comments

• Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    I'm sorry to hear you can't have your own children while on the medication :'( . I'm at the age where I'm not really thinking about having kids yet. I had this phase when I as a young teenager where I was like "Why would I want to go through all the pain? Is i even worth it? I might as well just adopt!" Now that I've gotten a bit older, I feel like I would like to have kids someday, but I really don't know. As for adopting, I love the idea of giving a child a home who doesn't have one, but there's not a feeling of it being your own almost... I guess it's hard to explain.
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
  • mintycupcakemintycupcake Posts: 13,212 Member
    edited January 2017
    I have to agree that this isn't really the place for this sort of discussion. It's a pretty sensitive topic. Plus there are some pretty young people here. You might consider a parenting forum, there are sections for people in a position like yours.

As for why surrogacy and adoption might be illegal in some places, all you have to do is look at cases like the Baby Veronica case or the first known surrogacy case to see that they can get very complicated and messy and why people might think it would be easier to make it illegal.
    🌻I'm not a cat.🌻