Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Where Light Doesn't Reach- A Vampiric Legacy

Comments

• LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Stuff gets weird in a very interesting way! Bianca would probably love to take notes from Sullivan regarding special butler duties. ;) So glad you posted your first update of the week! Vincent is becoming one heck of a voyeur in his free time. I really, really hope he doesn't get himself killed...
    uduVcAP.png
  • IchigoUsagiIchigoUsagi Posts: 822 Member
    Stuff gets weird in a very interesting way! Bianca would probably love to take notes from Sullivan regarding special butler duties. ;) So glad you posted your first update of the week! Vincent is becoming one heck of a voyeur in his free time. I really, really hope he doesn't get himself killed...

Bianca and Sullivan should definitely form a butler fan club together. :D And Vincent certainly is living on the edge right now.
  • WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited February 2017
    Hasn't the kid heard the saying curiosity killed the cat! I'm guess Sullivan was too occupied to notice Vincent. He keeps making me more intrigued to see how he will mature in this anything but normal living situation and I can't wait :D
  • Pegasus143Pegasus143 Posts: 2,490 Member
    Ooh, so Sullivan's got some sort of relationship, and I'm guessing that his parents probably wouldn't approve.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I'm all caught up. My goodness this story is amazing. I gasped during the latest update...I wonder if Marshall is a willing participant.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    I'm all caught up. My goodness this story is amazing. I gasped during the latest update...I wonder if Marshall is a willing participant.

Thank you! I'm glad I could surprise you. :) As for whether or not Marshall is willing, you'll have to wait a little more to find out.
    Chapter Five

02-10-17_74027c2a0pm.png?w=640

That next early morning, once Vincent and Acacia are safely in her room, she sits down in front of her dollhouse, intent on picking up where they had last left off. Vincent does not sit down. This is unusual, to say the least. As her fiancé, Vincent is supposed to follow her every move. Acacia does not reprimand him though. She is patient.
    “Acacia,” his voice cuts through her musings.
    “Yes?” she asks, giving him permission to continue.
    “Well, you see,” he hesitates, “I’ve been doing a bit of snooping.”
    Acacia nods.
    “And I saw something rather strange last night,” he tells her. “It was while I was checking in on Master Sullivan.”
    Another nod.
    “Well,” Vincent pauses uncomfortably, “it seemed like he was asking Marshall to bite his neck.”
    “Really?” Acacia asks without looking up from her dollhouse.
    She’s a great bit less shocked than Vincent thought she’d be. To be honest, she isn’t very shocked at all.
    “You’re not surprised?” Vincent asks.
    Acacia shrugs and turns to face him.
    “Brother’s not a very good vampire,” she explains. “He’s always going on and on about how wonderful humans are- he’s got no pride as one of us.”
    Yes, at this point nothing her brother did could surprise her. He’s a failure through and through, so what point is there to being surprised when he sinks even lower?

02-10-17_74222c2a0pm.png?w=640

“Of course, I’m not surprised,” she continues, standing up, “but mother would be absolutely livid if she found out. So, knowing this, what do you want to do?”
    Vincent looks at her with a confused expression. She sighs- he’s lucky he has those eyes.
    “Come, Vincent,” Acacia orders and extends a hand, “Let’s blackmail my brother.”

02-10-17_74337c2a0pm.png?w=640

The two children enter into Sullivan’s room and find him staring into his mirror- seemingly mourning his lack of a reflection. He quickly spins to face them with a glare.
    “What did I say about bringing that 🐸🐸🐸🐸 in here?” he asks Acacia with a grimace aimed at Vincent, who stares awkwardly at the floor in response.
    Acacia smiles politely but speaks with a definite underlying smugness.
    “Brother, you shouldn’t be so rude,” she says, “This ‘🐸🐸🐸🐸’ has more power than you know.”
    Sullivan laughs in one short, annoyed exhalation.
    “Fine,” he says, “I’ll bite. What power could this wretch possibly hold?”

02-10-17_74450c2a0pm.png?w=640

Acacia grins a sweet, innocent grin.
    “Power over you,” she sings. “He knows your dirty little secret~”
    Sullivan’s eye twitches.
    “What do you two possibly think you know?” he asks, trying to remain calm and not kill the brat outright.
    Acacia turns to Vincent, signaling for him to speak.
    “Um,” he starts, “We know that you like it when Marshall bites you?”
    The words come out as a question as he’s still rather confused about the whole situation. Sullivan’s cheeks flush with color and he opens and closes his mouth rapidly, as if trying to form words.
    “Yes,” Acacia chimes. “A vampire wanting to be bitten- how shameful. And by a human, no less! Tell me, brother, could you have taken a special interest in our butler?”
    “Get out,” Sullivan’s voice is a great bit weaker than he intended it to sound.
    “How much further are you planning on falling, brother?” Acacia asks. “Do you wish to embarrass yourself that badly? Will this be a repeat of the Kokinos incident? And yes, I am aware of that- everyone but mother is.”
    “No,” Sullivan whispers, holding back tears at the mention of that name.
    “How do you know?” Acacia questions. “Poor, dear, pitiful brother, what are we to do with you? You’re such a sad thing- mother’s all but given up on you. What do you think she would do if we told her?”
    “What do you want?” Sullivan’s voice quivers.
    Acacia grins- and there is absolutely nothing sweet about it.
    Vincent your fiancé is a cute little devil I love it! I wonder how terrible she can be hehe >:)
    Uh oh, Acacia is quite the budding villainess! Vincent might have started something he won't want to finish. Or maybe he's looking forward to it! And now I really want to know more about the "Kokinos incident"...

So happy for a new chapter. <3<3<3 You teach that writer's block who's boss!
    uduVcAP.png
  • KamioKamio Posts: 2,213 Member
    Ooooooooh! So deliciously wicked! The intrigue! So keen for more! I loved the chapter.
    Simming since 2001!! Origin ID: KamioMax[/center]
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Hello IchigoUsagi,
    I really like your story and your writing style! I screamed out loud at 3am when I read chapter 4 lol. Never expected that!!
    Very excited to read more about all the characters! :o
    WitcHazard wrote: »
    Vincent your fiancé is a cute little devil I love it! I wonder how terrible she can be hehe >:)

She is, isn't she? And she can be much worse. ;)
    Uh oh, Acacia is quite the budding villainess! Vincent might have started something he won't want to finish. Or maybe he's looking forward to it! And now I really want to know more about the "Kokinos incident"...

So happy for a new chapter. <3<3<3 You teach that writer's block who's boss!

Yes! Away with you, writer's block. Shoo shoo!
    Kamio wrote: »
    Ooooooooh! So deliciously wicked! The intrigue! So keen for more! I loved the chapter.

Thanks! I'll probably post the next chapter today or tomorrow.
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Hello IchigoUsagi,
    I really like your story and your writing style! I screamed out loud at 3am when I read chapter 4 lol. Never expected that!!
    Very excited to read more about all the characters! :o

Haha, I'm really happy I managed to surprise you. To be honest I was pretty nervous how that one was going to go over, but it seems like it turned out all right. :)
    Oh dear...I feel a little bad for Sullivan now. But Acacia is such a brilliant schemer...even if blackmail is horrible :p
    Chapter Six

02-16-17_83818c2a0pm.png?w=640

“What did I tell you?” Marshall asks Vincent with a stern tone that next evening.
    It is only a few moments before they are supposed to begin his lessons and Vincent is caught quite a bit off guard by this sudden change in attitude.
    “The oyster fork goes to the right of the spoons?” Vincent answers, pretending he doesn’t know what Marshall is talking about.
    “I told you,” the butler begins, “to forget what you saw in Master Sullivan’s room.”
    “Oh,” Vincent grins and tries to play it off, “is that what you were talking about?”
    “Vincent,” Marshall’s voice is grave, “this is serious.”
    Vincent stops grinning. Marshall is obviously, incredibly unhappy with him. Marshall being the only other human in the house, it feels rather bad to have upset him.
    “It is?” Vincent asks nervously.
    “Yes. Master Sullivan is very…” Marshall’s memory flashes back to Sullivan’s face from the morning before, soaked with furious tears, “...upset. Are you honestly intent on blackmailing him?”
    Vincent nods guiltily and Marshall sighs.
    “I wish you would think this through. What good is it to make him hate you?”
    “He already hated me,” Vincent reminds him.
    “Yes,” Marshall relents, “But that was only because he dislikes children. You are making it personal.”
    Yes, in all the years Marshall has known Sullivan three things have held true. First, he despises children more than anything else- probably because his younger sister is so… Acacia. Second, he has a variety of strange but not unpleasant requests, although that’s beside the point. Third, you should never, ever, make things personal. Being on his bad side alone is dangerous enough, but a Sullivan scorned is a Sullivan to be reckoned with.
    “Do you understand?” Marshall asks. “Lady Desrosiers will not always be around for you to threaten him with.”
    Vincent nods, knowing this but having gone too far to turn back now. He’ll tell Acacia about these flaws in their plan later- she’ll know what to do.
    “Good,” Marshall resumes his usual demeanor. “Let’s get started on today’s lesson, then, shall we?”

02-16-17_84047c2a0pm.png?w=640

The lesson passes quickly and soon it is early morning. Vincent and Acacia enter her room together and sit down on her bed to discuss their plans.
    “Acacia, we have a problem,” Vincent says.
    Acacia frowns for a moment, but quickly plasters a smile onto her face.
    “And what makes you think that?” she asks.
    “Well,” Vincent looks down at his feet, “how will we threaten Sullivan in the future? Lady Desrosiers won’t always hold sway over him.”
    Acacia laughs softly, sweetly with one hand covering her open mouth.
    “Is that what you were worried about?” she giggles. “Come now, Vincent, surely you can imagine that mother is not the only vampire who would be appalled by that kind of behavior.”
    Vincent nods. He imagines few would approve of it.
    “So,” Acacia continues, “even when he is no longer dependent on mother, he wouldn’t want his terrible little secret to get out. Why, he’d be even more of a black sheep than he is now. And, if you heard the things people already say about him, you know that’s saying a lot.”
    Acacia flops back on the bed and sighs, as if contemplating the memories of high society parties. Memories of when no one knew she was listening. Memories of the terrible gossip spread amongst Lords, Ladies, those children who called themselves Sullivan’s friends.
    “Poor brother,” she whispers to no one in particular, “look what you’ve brought upon yourself.”
    Vincent is silent. It’s the best thing to be in those rare moments when Acacia becomes serious. She wouldn’t be able to hear even if he did speak. She’s lost in her own world.
    She closes her eyes and a million mouths begin to speak at her.

02-16-17_84148c2a0pm.png?w=640

“Did you hear about the Desrosiers kid?”
    “What a dreadful position to be put in.”
    “The Kokinos’ son made the right choice, of course.”
    “No, the elder Desrosier. Have you not heard?”
    “Poor little girl, being raised in that kind of environment.”
    “I’m surprised they haven’t cut ties.”
    “Well, let me tell you, then.”
    “Really, what is the world coming to?”
    “I can’t believe Sullivan has the nerve to be here.”
    “Isn’t it hilarious? It’s pathetic, right?”
    “They’re lucky there’s another child to inherit.”
    “Quiet, she’s coming this way.”
    “No more!” Acacia screams as she jolts up to a sitting position, as if awakening form a nightmare.

02-16-17_84228c2a0pm.png?w=640

“Are you alright?” Vincent asks with genuine concern as he puts a hand on her shoulder.
    She’s shaking.
    “Yes, I’m okay,” Acacia responds, facing him with a smile, “I’m sorry. I lost myself there for a moment.”
    As she continues where they left off their conversation, Vincent wonders if a day will come when she can’t be found.
    Yayyy, an update! I think it's verrrrry interesting how Marshall doesn't seem averse to his master's requests. ;) He also seems a bit protective, too--of both Sullivan and Vincent.

And now we get a glimpse at why Acacia is bent on crushing her brother! I wonder if she'll succeed, or if something--or someone--will end up stopping her.
    uduVcAP.png
    Chapter Seven

WARNING: While this chapter isn't exactly PG-13, it isn't entirely PG either.

02-17-17_82453c2a0pm.png?w=640

That next Saturday, far from the Desrosiers manor, an incredibly pale teenager with jet-black hair and a blonde about the same age stand on the street in front of a little hole-in-the-wall club. It’s a chilly spring night and the city-goers hurry to reach their warm destinations.

02-17-17_82534c2a0pm.png?w=640

“Here it is,” Sullivan breathes, a dopey smile on his face. “This is the one I was telling you about. I’ve heard it’s a very popular spot among the humans.”
    Marshall nods. He can almost tell for certain this isn’t the kind of place most humans would want to spend their time- him included- but there’s a kind of childlike innocence in the way that Sullivan believes whatever humans tell him that he doesn’t want to tarnish, so he doesn’t voice his concerns.
    “It seems rather… quaint,” he says instead.
    “It does, doesn’t it?” Sullivan asks excitedly. “Let’s go in!”
    With that he takes off into the building, leaving Marshall trailing a few feet behind him, hoping this part of town isn’t as bad as it looks. The last thing he needs is Sullivan getting himself mugged.

02-17-17_82712c2a0pm.png?w=640

Sullivan eagerly enters the establishment, looking around with eyes full of wonder. Marshall watches him from across the room, wishing he would try and appear a bit less defenseless. Honestly, if he isn’t careful…

02-17-17_83230c2a0pm.png?w=640

“Eeep!” Sullivan lets out a squeal of surprise as an individual who looks far too young to be as drunk as he is wanders over and wraps an arm around his waist. Yes, just what Marshall was afraid of.
    “Heey, cutie,” the young drunk slurs. “Whaash yurr name?”
    “S-S-Sullivan,” he stammers, trying to wrap his head around this strange human greeting.
    “Thash a nishe name- I’m Xanderrr,” the drunk introduces himself, still seemingly without any intention of letting go- if anything, his grip has only gotten tighter.
    “N-nice to meet you,” Sullivan squeaks nervously.

02-17-17_83419c2a0pm.png?w=640

Marshall looks on with crossed arms as Xander rambles on about how ‘hot’ Sullivan is, glaring daggers at the human. He’s so focused on those two that he doesn’t even notice when a youth, not much younger than him, approaches.
    “Is that pale guy over there your boyfriend or something?” the youth asks.
    “…no,” Marshall relents. It would be so easy if their relationship could be summed up in simple human terms like that.
    “Friend?”
    Marshall shrugs- he’s fairly certain that doesn’t fit either.
    “Well, don’t worry about Xander over there. He’s all bark and no bite. He’s too drunk to do anything more than make your friend uncomfortable.”
    “I suppose that’s right,” Marshall furrows his brow. “Still, I can’t help but feel worried somehow.”
    The youth puts a hand on his shoulder and reaches around to get a clearer look at his face.
    “You like him, don’t you?”
    Marshall brings a hand to his chin and looks down at the youth.
    “What makes you say that?” he asks.
    “Well, you looked a special kind of worried about him- I’ve found that only comes with special kinds of feelings.”
    Marshall shakes his head with a soft smile on his lips.
    “My, are all children this perceptive nowadays?”
    “Nope. Just me,” the youth returns the smile with a lopsided smirk. “And I’m seventeen- practically an adult.”
    “Of course,” Marshall responds patiently.
    “I like you,” the youth says, “You’ve got a real old-soul vibe going on. What do you go by? I’m Coby, by the way.”
    “Marshall,” he smiles. He doubts he’ll ever see this human again, but for the time being he’s glad to have made Coby’s acquaintance.

02-17-17_83910c2a0pm.png?w=640

“We’re leaving,” Sullivan’s voice cuts into the conversation as he grabs hold of his butler’s hand.
    Marshall had been so distracted by his discussion he hadn’t even noticed that the vampire had moved.
    “Are you sure?” Marshall asks. “I had thought you were enjoying yourself.”
    Is that just his imagination, or did a little bit of bitterness slip out in that comment?
    “We’re leaving,” Sullivan hisses and pulls him out of the club.
    Marshall watches with a bemused expression as Sullivan leads him around to the side of the building. He’s so easy to read.

02-17-17_84225c2a0pm.png?w=640

“What is the matter, master?” he asks anyway.
    “Nothing,” Sullivan answers curtly, stopping, dropping his hand and turning to look at him with a pout. “Nothing…”
    “Is that really true?” Marshall questions, taking a seemingly concerned step forward.
    “Well, it’s just that you seemed like you were having such a good time with that human and I…” Sullivan trails off.
    “Did you start to feel lonely?”
    Sullivan blushes a pale pink from ear to ear and nods.
    “Well, we can’t have that,” the butler grins slyly. “What can I do to make you feel better?”
    Sullivan is silent for quite a while, biting his lip nervously.
    “Kiss me,” he finally commands.
    The butler smiles and nods.

02-17-17_85126c2a0pm.png?w=640

He takes Sullivan roughly by the wrists and pushes him against the wall. He plants a passionate kiss onto the vampire’s startled lips, gasping for breath. His master seems to tremble from happiness as Marshall presses harder against him. They remain like this for quite some time, caught up in the moment.
    When Marshall finally pulls back Sullivan looks at him with a glazed expression in his eyes and a heavily breathing smile.
    “Do you feel better?”
    Sullivan nods.
    “Good. Let us return to the manor, then.”
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I KNEW IT. Sooooo cute. <3 I ship it. Bianca would totally ship it too (and take lots of pics on her phone).
    uduVcAP.png
    :o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o:o

I KNEW IT. Sooooo cute. <3 I ship it. Bianca would totally ship it too (and take lots of pics on her phone).

Honestly I ship it so much. I'm the type of person who gets really attached to my characters and their love lives. Now I'm just imagining Bianca hiding in the bushes, trying to figure out how to take pictures on her phone.
    I ship it so hard. Sullishall? Marvan? We need a ship name.
    Marsull?
    uduVcAP.png
    Marsull?

I like it. :D
    edited February 2017
    I'm can't handle all the adorable cuteness of this chapter go Marsull! <3
    @LadyLobster tell Bianca to send me some of those pics ;)
    @WitcHazard Sure, if she doesn't accidentally delete them all when trying to attach them to a text!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    All I can say is: I ship this 100%! :flushed:
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @IchigoUsagi im all caught up now. I suspected that may be the case when Marshall mentioned the strange but not unpleasant requests! Acacia is absolutely becoming quite the villainess of the story. She seems very happy with Vincent but as someone else already mentioned his "not being allowed to want" was very telling. And Sad. ;'(

Really enjoying this story.
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07