Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sims 4 Vampires Patch Issues

Comments

• AmbusherAmbusher Posts: 5 New Member
    @rosemow, hoya again.
    As I said earlier, I do not use any additional content, much less things that can affect such an option as the "script mode". Simply put - I have no MCCC, as well as another kind of "mods".
  • ObbyangObbyang Posts: 2 New Member
    Vampires are losing various traits.Nobody found this problem?
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
  • MrStrangeMrStrange Posts: 66 Member
    All I know, is I've been playing since Monday , and today after buying the Vampire, Apartment, and Glamour I had my system kick me to the main Xbox screen and I lost a lot of progress.
    It's really frustrating (infuriating). It was on the Xbox One.

I had proposed, was formalizing the wedding plans via social, and then after confirming the plans and being put into a load screen, it shunted me to the main Xbox screen.
    MrStrange wrote: »
    All I know, is I've been playing since Monday , and today after buying the Vampire, Apartment, and Glamour I had my system kick me to the main Xbox screen and I lost a lot of progress.
    It's really frustrating (infuriating). It was on the Xbox One.

I had proposed, was formalizing the wedding plans via social, and then after confirming the plans and being put into a load screen, it shunted me to the main Xbox screen.

Hello @MrStrange
    I am sorry that you have had this issue occur and lost your progress :(
    You may like to post feedback on this AHQ EA thread about the issue
    https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/PS-XB-Wedding-planning-crash/m-p/6442065#M52469
    Thank you.
  • VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    This has been discussed in pieces across the thread rosemow linked above and other threads but just to keep the devs up to date on the vampire situation with the patch.

The following symptoms are being noticed to differing quantities from different gamers, all seem connected to the patches before C&D. The fact that the vampires were not in the last patch makes me think this is a complex issue and it certainly manifests that way.

Symptoms:
    Vampires losing powers on public lots (eg Dampened Emotions)
    Vampires losing ability to learn a specific power on a public lot (for me most common here is Odorless or Vampiric Slumber)
    Vampire losing ability to learn a specific power on their home lot (I have observed this for 'Fly as Bat' and 'Vampiric Slumber' though in the first instance the sim was later able to learn the skill.)
    Played vampires randomly learning Sun Immunity even when they are not of a high enough level. (I have three examples. Although now I quite like having it this way, it's still weird)
    Some people have mentioned not being able to use powers their vampire should have on public lots other than the most common ones but I have not experienced this.
    Weird things happening with quantity of available vampire points going to ridiculous levels (I haven't noticed this in my game, don't know whether this is or isn't mod related)

Most of these there are details for in other threads but just to keep the devs up to date.

As everyone has a different combination of packs, this may be a factor. But most of these issues are confirmed for vanilla games and persist following repairing the game.
  • Harrie123Harrie123 Posts: 1 New Member
    One of my Vampire Sims came to break into another one of my Sim's homes, so I quickly locked the doors so she couldn't get in. My vampire Sim ended up standing outside for a long time until she died at my other Sim's house from the sun. Now I have no clue how to bring her back to life, I went to her house to see if she was a ghost there and there wasn't one there. I still have her tombstone in my human Sim's inventory it only tells me to release her to the Netherworld.. I need halp!
    Harrie123 wrote: »
    One of my Vampire Sims came to break into another one of my Sim's homes, so I quickly locked the doors so she couldn't get in. My vampire Sim ended up standing outside for a long time until she died at my other Sim's house from the sun. Now I have no clue how to bring her back to life, I went to her house to see if she was a ghost there and there wasn't one there. I still have her tombstone in my human Sim's inventory it only tells me to release her to the Netherworld.. I need halp!

Hello
    The ghost should appear at night time when you place the tombstone onto your lot. If you haven’t done that , try doing this and see if the ghost appears. You can then use Ambrosia to ressurect her,
    If the ghost still doesn’t appear, and you have Get Together pack , try going to the bar on ghost night and see if the ghost appears.
    Then type into the cheat bar,
    testingcheats true
    Press enter
    Then shift click the ghost and click “ add to household’
    You can then bring her back to life,
    Vampire ate an excellent plasma salad. Gained one moodlet that was +5 Uncomfortable, but then had another that said something about surgical precision (in short, was positive, not negative).
    Seems backward, thought read that somewhere on here, so figured was a bug. Only way they gain back thirst is biting sims, which isn't great when you have to bite so many.

- - - - - - - -
    Console
    XBox One
    (was going to post vid link, but was issue with recording for some reason, will try again later)
  • Omega501Omega501 Posts: 1 New Member
    > @Vraie said:
    > This has been discussed in pieces across the thread rosemow linked above and other threads but just to keep the devs up to date on the vampire situation with the patch.
    >
    > The following symptoms are being noticed to differing quantities from different gamers, all seem connected to the patches before C&D. The fact that the vampires were not in the last patch makes me think this is a complex issue and it certainly manifests that way.
    >
    > Symptoms:
    > Vampires losing powers on public lots (eg Dampened Emotions)
    > Vampires losing ability to learn a specific power on a public lot (for me most common here is Odorless or Vampiric Slumber)
    > Vampire losing ability to learn a specific power on their home lot (I have observed this for 'Fly as Bat' and 'Vampiric Slumber' though in the first instance the sim was later able to learn the skill.)
    > Played vampires randomly learning Sun Immunity even when they are not of a high enough level. (I have three examples. Although now I quite like having it this way, it's still weird)
    > Some people have mentioned not being able to use powers their vampire should have on public lots other than the most common ones but I have not experienced this.
    > Weird things happening with quantity of available vampire points going to ridiculous levels (I haven't noticed this in my game, don't know whether this is or isn't mod related)
    >
    > Most of these there are details for in other threads but just to keep the devs up to date.
    >
    > As everyone has a different combination of packs, this may be a factor. But most of these issues are confirmed for vanilla games and persist following repairing the game.

I also have this problem. The only fix I've been able to use is to delete the spotlight_en-us.package file in the cachetr folder, but it's only temporary because as soon as you go to another plot, the bug comes back and the file is generated again. I hope they fix this soon, it's really annoying.
  • Virgosims3Virgosims3 Posts: 2 New Member
    My sim has the Master Vampire Aspiration, the last stage of which requires him to read The Ultimate Vampire Tome. He was reading it and reached level 15 of Vampire Lore, but didn't fulfill the aspiration requirement (it didn't turn gold or get a check mark). I pulled up the book again, and the option to "reread" the book appeared. Has he finished but the game doesn't notice it? Is it tied to Vampire Lore level?
    Virgosims3 wrote: »
    My sim has the Master Vampire Aspiration, the last stage of which requires him to read The Ultimate Vampire Tome. He was reading it and reached level 15 of Vampire Lore, but didn't fulfill the aspiration requirement (it didn't turn gold or get a check mark). I pulled up the book again, and the option to "reread" the book appeared. Has he finished but the game doesn't notice it? Is it tied to Vampire Lore level?

Hello
    There are some helpful suggestions in this link forum thread to get the game to register that your sim has completed the requirement
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910804/anyone-getting-this-vampire-aspiration-bug
  • SnebbikSnebbik Posts: 3 New Member
    So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.

Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.

It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.
    Snebbik wrote: »
    So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.

Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.

It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.

Hello @Snebbik
    There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know

With your game issue, try going into build mode and create a very small room around the hotdogs. Then delete the room, and see if that helps the issue.
    > @rosemow said:
    > Snebbik wrote: »
    >
    > So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.
    >
    > Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.
    >
    > It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Snebbik
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    >
    >
    > With your game issue, try going into build mode and create a very small room around the hotdogs. Then delete the room, and see if that helps the issue.

I put walls around it, but I don't know how to delete a single room, the only bulldoze the lot option. Where do I find the bulldoze a single room?
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.
    >
    > Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.
    >
    > It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello @Snebbik
    > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    >
    >
    > With your game issue, try going into build mode and create a very small room around the hotdogs. Then delete the room, and see if that helps the issue.

I put walls around it, but I don't know how to delete a single room, the only bulldoze the lot option. Where do I find the bulldoze a single room?

Hello .
    Try clicking on the room so that it is highlighted as a room, then press the delete key.
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Snebbik wrote: »
    > >
    > > So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.
    > >
    > > Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.
    > >
    > > It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Snebbik
    > > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > >
    > >
    > > With your game issue, try going into build mode and create a very small room around the hotdogs. Then delete the room, and see if that helps the issue.
    >
    > I put walls around it, but I don't know how to delete a single room, the only bulldoze the lot option. Where do I find the bulldoze a single room?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello .
    > Try clicking on the room so that it is highlighted as a room, then press the delete key.

Thank you that worked. Cheers!
    > @rosemow said:
    >
    > > @rosemow said:
    > > Snebbik wrote: »
    > >
    > > So I'm only posting in here because I can't seem to make a new thread(just made this account for the issue I'm having), At some point one of my sims ended up with hotdogs in their inventory, with a few other items of trash, and I pulled them out and put them on the ground figuring I could then just tell them to clean them up.
    > >
    > > Instead now they are just laying there, smelling, and if I try to tell my sim to clean it up they just make the cant get there response. I can't find any way to demolish them in build mode either, and also cannot grab and drag them while in live mode.
    > >
    > > It's been several in game months since this happened, so I cant really roll back my save either.
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > >
    > > Hello @Snebbik
    > > There is usually a blue new discussion button at the top right hand side of the screen in the forum sections. But new discussion threads have been restricted for new members. You are unable to start a new thread until you become a full member. This has been brought in as a result of spambots.
    > > You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, start new threads, edit posts , post links that show up correctly and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    > >
    > >
    > > With your game issue, try going into build mode and create a very small room around the hotdogs. Then delete the room, and see if that helps the issue.
    >
    > I put walls around it, but I don't know how to delete a single room, the only bulldoze the lot option. Where do I find the bulldoze a single room?
    >
    >
    >
    >
    > Hello .
    > Try clicking on the room so that it is highlighted as a room, then press the delete key.

Thank you that worked. Cheers!

You’re welcome :)
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    My Vampires are unable to drink anything. Has anyone had this bug so far?
    Armilus616 wrote: »

Hello
    Are they unable to drink a drink made from the bar? Or are they unable to drink from another person?
  • Armilus616Armilus616 Posts: 683 Member
    edited December 2017
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    Are they unable to drink a drink made from the bar? Or are they unable to drink from another person?

The Interaction to drink from plasma packs doesn't show up anymore and the Interactions to drink from someone gets cancelled. Not checked plasma fruit yet.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello

The Interaction to drink from plasma packs doesn't show up anymore and the Interactions to drin from someone gets cancelled. Not checked plaspa fruit yet.

If you have cc/mods in your game, move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and see if the issues are still there.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, go to games library in Origin, right click on the sims 4 picture and click repair.