Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How would you feel if they released skating in a stuffpack?

Their doing it with bowling and I'd be in favor of it. Why wait for Seasons which may be 2 years away?

Seasons could add ice skating. Seasons is so big releasing skating as a stuffpack wouldn't hurt.

That said though the SP team may not be able to do skating in a stuffpack. This is just a hypeethetical question.

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I'd be happy for new activities. :)
  • elanorbretonelanorbreton Posts: 14,544 Member
    I dunno. It's nice to get new activities but is kinda slurps to have them sold piecemeal. Pay £10 for bowling, £10 for skating, £10 for football, £10 for knitting... well, you get the idea. Not too appealing, I must say.
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Roller skating could have fit nicely in City Living. Another missed opportunity there.
  • wiredhanna67wiredhanna67 Posts: 402 Member
    I would love it if they would make a skating stuff pack as long as they put the ability to go to skate parks or build them and allow you to own them as a community thing 'kind of like an add-on for get to work' and be able to practice tricks/get like scrapes and stuff 'as a moodlet'
    and have like short-boards, long-boards, Old School, yeah I'd for sure pay $10 for that! I wouldn't mind at all (:
    gLQgzBe.gif
    The voice in your head is just me in your headphones, Everyone knows that we're the devils hero's!
  • griffin1842griffin1842 Posts: 255 Member
    I'd love skateboarding in a stuff pack (not as interested in ice skating or roller skating). I don't care about stuff being sold piecemeal if it is done well. If something like this has an entire stuff pack built around it they can go more in-depth so that can be good.
  • Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited January 2017
    Their doing it with bowling and I'd be in favor of it. Why wait for Seasons which may be 2 years away?

Seasons could add ice skating. Seasons is so big releasing skating as a stuffpack wouldn't hurt.

That said though the SP team may not be able to do skating in a stuffpack. This is just a hypeethetical question.

Any new activity is welcome...but I don't think I'd buy a skating themed SP uless they made it a heck of a lot more interesting than they made the last one.(meaning the Skating in TS3 snooze fest) Also there are only so many oversized lots to go around. If they keep hitting us with these oversized objects like bowling alleys and skating Rinks we are going to be needing a new blank town soon.

• ChadSims2ChadSims2 Posts: 5,090 Member
    As long as children could also skate and it not being a teen-elder feature like Vampires I'd love to see it.
    Sims 4 went from "You Rule" to "One of the stories we want you to tell"
  • stilljustme2stilljustme2 Posts: 25,082 Member
    I'd love skateboarding in a stuff pack (not as interested in ice skating or roller skating). I don't care about stuff being sold piecemeal if it is done well. If something like this has an entire stuff pack built around it they can go more in-depth so that can be good.

A skateboarding pack, with the pieces to build our own skate parks, could actually make a really good stuff pack if it's feasible. Could have both skateboards and rollerblades as an option. Add helmets into the hats category, accessories like elbow pads and knee braces.
    Check out my Gallery! Origin ID: justme22
    Fun must be always -- Tomas Hertl (San Jose Sharks hockey player)
  • Orchid13Orchid13 Posts: 8,823 Member
    Well it sounds better than the bowling alley to me, I'm just not a big fan of it. I never really used them in previous games.
    21mbz47.jpg
  • GirlSimmer29GirlSimmer29 Posts: 52 Member
    It'd be quite a nice idea, but then again, you'd be paying for ONE sport. A sports Game Pack, I think, would be slightly better + exercise venues
    I don't have a signature. Oh wait...
  • midnightpearlmidnightpearl Posts: 6,578 Member
    I'll be happy with another form of transport instead of walking and jogging! :blush:
  • GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    It's a good idea, and I think it could really work if they went the right way about it and drew inspiration from all the right people and places. Not a generic idea of skating, but actually looking into it deeply, the fashion as well as the sport too, to get some really cool clothing choices as well. I'd also like it if you could customize your deck and wheels too, but they'd need to really make it attractive because the novelty would wear off.
    2a4wpqp.jpg
  • blugar44blugar44 Posts: 229 Member
    Maybe skating could be the gameplay element for a "Teens Room" stuff pack. I think the gurus are well aware that the teen life stage needs a bit of fleshing out and while a SP won't solve that entirely similarly to Kids Room Stuff, it definitely will put a band-aid on it.

So skateboards & roller skates as gameplay objects, with posters, mp3 players etc as 'stuff'. I don't know, I can't really think of more teen-specific items for some reason haha and I'm not too far gone from the life stage myself. I doubt the game's rating would allow for many of the other elements of a teen's life.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I don't know to be honest with you. I don't even know if I will even be getting the bowling stuff pack. I will have to see what comes with it first. I am kind of hoping it more activities than just bowling but then again it is just a stuff pack. So not a lot will be coming with it. I don't know im on the fence about this pack. I would love to see skating in the game though but I don't know if they would be able to make just a stuff pack out of it.
  • Louise_G0325Louise_G0325 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Eh. Personally, I'd rather have it in a Seasons EP. I don't want to pay R100 simply for an activity, especially if it could be put in a GP or EP. That is one of the big reasons I don't really buy SPs. Most of those themes could really have been put into GPs and EPs. The only SP I own is Romantic Garden, though I would like Vintage Glamour as well because that is well-executed and makes sense. The rest just seem a bit eh to me. The bowling SP too. It's great for the people who want it, but I don't feel very happy with forking over so much money because of gameplay being split into a hundred packs even when it doesn't make sense purely for more profit :unamused:

SPs I WOULD buy however, are Master suite (lots of romantic and luxorious bedroom and bathroom items) and Ultra-modern (all sorts of super modern and minimalistic furniture, décor, paintings etc. that look awesome. Not to be confused with Into the Future). I'd also buy a Wedding SP, but it would have to be super detailed and worth my money. (I'm thinking 3-4 wedding themes, including Bohemian with cute loose long-sleeve dresses, flowers in hair etc. and nature-y engraved twig-and-wood furniture + décor. AND MATCHING THEMED WEDDING CAKES)
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    Fine by me
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • starwingcoronastarwingcorona Posts: 110 Member
    Like they'd better include roller skating, roller blades, ice skating, wheelie shoes, roller derby, hockey, figure skating and roller disco if they want to expect to sell it as a standalone pack and justify the price. I'm all for doing unorthodox packs if they add enough to the game to justify the price, but let's just say I'm little skeptical about Bit-Part Feature Packs with an EP for, of all things, BOWLING on the way.
  • TrixieLocaTrixieLoca Posts: 116 Member
    Such a fab idea! It would be cool if you could travel around on a skateboard or skates in the open neighbourhoods like skating though the park! I'd also love them to make more acitivty game packs really flesh them out! I'm dead excited for bowling :D:D:D
  • NeiaNeia Posts: 4,190 Member

A skateboarding pack, with the pieces to build our own skate parks, could actually make a really good stuff pack if it's feasible. Could have both skateboards and rollerblades as an option. Add helmets into the hats category, accessories like elbow pads and knee braces.

And more decors for our teens' rooms. And new clothes with a urban/skate/sport vibe.

Or a hockey SP !
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd like ice skating and hockey to be together. I'd rather have it in Seasons but I would consider a pack. They could do a sports GP like someone else mentioned, kind of like Freetime or a focus on more hobbies.

I've said it before but I'd like to have more worlds including some flexible space if they will release more venues. I'd love a tropical world but I won't be putting an ice rink there. Lol. (Yes, I know that there are parts of the world where you can find that and it's very cool but not for my sims).
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Perhaps some kind of special gymnasium with a skate park, and a climbing wall and an ice rink and all those things?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • LoanetLoanet Posts: 4,079 Member
    Hey, maybe it'd come with a University expansion?
    Prepping a list of mods to add after Infants are placed into the game. Because real life isn't 'nice'.
  • jackjack_kjackjack_k Posts: 8,601 Member
    MrMonty96 wrote: »
    Roller skating could have fit nicely in City Living. Another missed opportunity there.

A lot of things could, but it would have meant sacrificing something already there, and I use it all.
  • catloverplayercatloverplayer Posts: 93,393 Member
    Just an FYI by skating I meant roller skating rinks but the other skate types are also needed.