Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Vampire Duels??

How do you do a duel as a friendly option? I only see it in the 'mean' menu option.

I'm trying to level/power up my vampire so I make him duel a lot. But the downside is now he has tons of vampire enemies. It's actually not exactly what I was going for but it's made an interesting story in my current game. For future reference I'd like to know how to do a friendly duel. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    Be at a friendly relationship with the other vampire and it should be present under friendly social option. :wink:
  • Options
    tobumontobumon Posts: 680 Member
    Vampire sparring is usually at the very end, or close to it, of the friendly social options. My Toothy has yet to win a fight, both from sparring and kicking/punching.
  • Options
    Sha2520032003Sha2520032003 Posts: 2,258 Member
    @SimGuruNinja Thank you for coming onto the forum and posting, answering questions, etc. Very much appreciated.
    I am just not seeing that option in the friendly socials. He was good friends with all of them. Since I didn't see it friendly, I saw it in mean...so yeah, he's won every fight, so of course no longer friends. I will try again tonight....not sure there are too many vamps to befriend right now lol. He's fought them all so far lol.
    On a side note...can I just say a big thanks to you and the team on such an awesome job on the pack!!! The customization is out of this world. & the powers w/balancing with weaknesses...spot on!
  • Options
    @tobumon Thanks for the information! I'll try again tonight to see if I see it. Your vamp is named Toothy? Love it! My vampire Chas has one of the powers for winning duels, so he has yet to lose a fight. Straight beast mode lol
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Sha2520032003 You're welcome! It's called Sparring or something. Yes, my vamp is named Toothy von Shriek. He's modeled after the Nosferatu-style vampires. He doesn't have the power for super strength, but he does have that Moon power (level 2) where he gets stronger at night so that helps! I'll get super strength for him later.

This pack is awesome, and this is coming from someone who hates vampires!!!
  • Options
    @tobumon Awesome! I'd love to see pics of him. Moon power? Wow, cool! I haven't seen all the powers yet. Off topic of this thread, but I'm at the 2nd tier & went with the power for strength & turning other Sims to vamps. Chas just turned his fiance and I'm curious what she'll look like in dark form....as she's an alien hybrid, with green skin. I didn't think I'd be able to turn her into a vamp since she's half alien, so I'm very excited to see what she'll look like. She's also pregnant. Will the baby be half alien, half vampire or is there a possibility of being full vamp?
  • Options
    kemiszkemisz Posts: 602 Member
    For me, the Vampiric Spar option is on the last page of the friendly social menu. I hope that helps!
    My EA ID is TranquilloSims - where I upload starter homes, family homes and some more ambitious creations.

• Options
    Sadly, I think you can't have hybrids so I doubt she can be a vamp too.

The moon power is at tier 3, so you're getting there! It also lets vamps gain skills faster and tire less so it's really useful!

Here's what Toothy looks like. I did post the same pics in another thread but I'll repost them here. He's a Grand Vampire now :3

01-24-17_4-25-01nbspPM_zpsbuln5rof.png
    01-24-17_4-25-13nbspPM_zpsn7a2rwjl.png

• Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Be at a friendly relationship with the other vampire and it should be present under friendly social option. :wink:

lol I found this too late and my vampire made enemies with all the other vamps in town, oops.
  • Options
    Burgerman2010Burgerman2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    I am not seeing this show up in the friendly options or the mean options. I had spar pop up once in the generated options when you first clikc on a Sim but haven't been able to find it again :(
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I am not seeing this show up in the friendly options or the mean options. I had spar pop up once in the generated options when you first clikc on a Sim but haven't been able to find it again :(

It should be on the very last friendly menu, so if you click on other options then 'friendly' and click other until you find it. It's called 'Vampiric Spar'. It has a little bat next to it.
  • Options
    Burgerman2010Burgerman2010 Posts: 5 New Member
    I found out why. My vampire was a teen. It was weir dthat it popped up once but now that they have aged up it appears all the time like it should.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I love the sparring. It's so gentlemanly. The winner offers a hand to help the loser up.
  • Options
    Simberella777Simberella777 Posts: 480 Member
    Yeah, it's under the friendly category as a 'Spar' option. Be careful with fledgling vampires when you ask to do this. My Sim asked Caleb during the day when he came over (Welcoming Committee). Since there was not enough room in the house to do so, they went outside. I quickly found out that daylight could *toast* one or the other, or both I guess, before they ever get started. The things newbie's go through to learn about vampires can be devastating at times. Save often.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I got the option to spar on the main menu before friendly options.

• Options
    meubanksmeubanks Posts: 445 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm not getting the option under friendly at all, even at high levels of relationship, at master level Vampire, and with the Vamp lore skill maxed. I've cycled all the way through the menu, and it just never appears. Does anyone know if Fitness skill is needed to unlock sparring? My vamp sim only has a few points so far, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue. I've had a number of bugs with this pack, so this is probably another one.

I've been hunting for information, and can't find anything about whether any skills are needed to unlock sparring. I know that Fitness is supposed to have an effect on the results, though.

I use mods, but the issue is still there when I remove the mods folder.
  • Options
    BamajamBamajam Posts: 812 Member
    meubanks wrote: »
    I'm not getting the option under friendly at all, even at high levels of relationship, at master level Vampire, and with the Vamp lore skill maxed. I've cycled all the way through the menu, and it just never appears. Does anyone know if Fitness skill is needed to unlock sparring? My vamp sim only has a few points so far, so I'm wondering if that might be the issue. I've had a number of bugs with this pack, so this is probably another one.

I've been hunting for information, and can't find anything about whether any skills are needed to unlock sparring. I know that Fitness is supposed to have an effect on the results, though.

I use mods, but the issue is still there when I remove the mods folder.

My vampires are able to spar at level 1 fitness as regular sim and not needed at all as vampire skill. Hope you get it solved.

• Options
    Thanks everyone for the feedback. I repaired my game and now the option is showing up.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Has anyone done the mean vampire spar? What happens?
  • Options
    GeeJawGeeJaw Posts: 45 Member
    For me it shows up depending on how friendly we are. Sometimes its on the first page and other times I have to go into the friendly option and look for it in there
    2a4wpqp.jpg
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I love the sparring. It's so gentlemanly. The winner offers a hand to help the loser up.

Just like in Sims Medieval, eh, @SimGuruNinja?
    I loved having my Queen put the smackdown on one of her knights. Everyone is so civilized and polite about it.
    Can't wait to try it tonight! I know my new vampire is gonna get her clock cleaned, but hey, that's how they learn, right?
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    @Dannydanbo The mean vampire spar makes them duel about the same, but it significantly drops the relationship.
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    I keep repairing my game but the option to spar is still not showing up under the main interaction menu or the friendly menu. I have never seen it at all. I have a vampire I created in CAS, lives alone in one of the houses in the new neighborhood, has several vampire friends with high relationship, but no option to spar at all. Getting ready to pull out my hair.
  • Options
    TriplisTriplis Posts: 3,048 Member
    bela4 wrote: »
    I keep repairing my game but the option to spar is still not showing up under the main interaction menu or the friendly menu. I have never seen it at all. I have a vampire I created in CAS, lives alone in one of the houses in the new neighborhood, has several vampire friends with high relationship, but no option to spar at all. Getting ready to pull out my hair.
    How deep into the friendly menu did you go? It's usually one of the very last interactions.
    Mods moved from MTS, now hosted at: https://triplis.github.io
  • Options
    bela4bela4 Posts: 78 Member
    It finally showed up, thanks. Either I was completely missing something, moving my sim out and back in worked, or the last repair I did fixed the problem.