Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Ask and ye shall receive! :)

As I suspected, Leo isn't a villain after all! I actually kind of feel sorry for the poor kid; he's not malicious, nor does he even intend to be brusque and rude, he's just performing his butler duties to the best of his ability. Just because he's got tunnel vision as far as his livelihood goes, that doesn't really make him a j.erk or a bad person, he's just doing what he believes is correct.

I mean, it's like how I was raised believing that the Seahawks are God's gift to the NFL. Right or wrong to the rest of the world, it's what has been in my mind since 1989. If someone tried to tell me that another team is better than the Hawks and I defend my team, does that make me a bad person for believing what I believe? Naw, just like Leo believes that duty and propriety are important--the concept still stands!

I think we will learn to like Leo, just like we love Bianca for her shameless self-loving personality. I already like him, we just need to find the Bianca (or Lysander) for him! <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @Haids5987 But every story needs an evil butler!

Okay, so maybe he just wants to be the very best. Like no butler ever was. Tunnel vision is right, but that's par for the course in the Blackwell-Lyons family...

LOL, I think I understand your sports team analogy...! ;) My dad is crazy about some baseball team. Until they lose their chance at the World Series (that's a baseball thing, right?) and they have forsaken him. ...Okay, the your devotion is far deeper, apparently. ;)

Oh no, a Bianca (or Lysander) for Leo! Can you imagine? :o
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Of course Leo wasn't as bad as Benny wanted to believe, but maybe it was easier for him to be jealous than to accept that Leo tried to help him and still he was incapable? That would mean it's all his fault that he isn't a butler now, while with accusing Leo he can shift the guilt onto his twin. :/ It's a bit like with Bianca, she always blamed others as well (and probably still does, even if "others" is a curse at times)
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    @MrsRacooney You make a very good point about Benny. Blaming Leo for his failures means he doesn't have to take any personal responsibility--it's easier that way.

And you're also right about Bianca. She was the queen of blame! And she'd rather blame a "curse" than her own son, even if it doesn't set a good precedent.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    Leo is such a prim and proper Butler just like any Lyons would be. I love how he thinks he's helping his brother and Benny thinks the opposite. Maybe they should actually talk to each other. So Daisy, and Dru and Leo all in the same house with Rhys-- I Love it it's a perfect combination!! I also love the way you make all the kids personalities fit with who their parents are.
    Awesome to see from Leo's point of view. Well done @LadyLobster! :)
  • Options
    @haswh Who doesn't like a prim and proper butler? Aside from Benny, anyway. Then again...

They really should talk to each other! Maybe they'd do some brotherly bonding. And Daisy, Dru and Leo in Rhys's house--what could go wrong? ;)

Thank you so much!! <3<3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    So I decided to stop being lazy (temporarily) and work on a new banner, since the Fangs 1 gang never got their looks updated in my banner and gen 2 didn't stay teens for very long.

So this is what I managed!

gJeGa6C.jpg

I'm never using poses again... *sobs quietly in a corner*
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Aww don't cry! It looks wonderful! :)
  • Options
    @haswh Thank youuu! <3<3 Hours of my life I can never get back...LOL.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    It looks great! And I see you have Orlando and HGR in there, too.
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT Thank you!! And very good eye. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Aww, your hours of life paid off, Lobs, it looks fantastic! And wow, @MVWdeZT, impressive! I found HGR, but looking for Orlando was kind of a "Where's Waldo?" lol
  • Options
    @Haids5987 It's so interesting that @MVWdeZT made that call about Orlando because of a certain chapter I haven't posted yet. But sometimes I swear she's prescient!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @Haids5987 It's so interesting that @MVWdeZT made that call about Orlando because of a certain chapter I haven't posted yet. But sometimes I swear she's prescient!
    Right, that's not the first call she's made that has been spot-on. Were you a literature major in college, @MVWdeZT? You really have a knack for this whole symbolism thing!
  • Options
    @LadyLobster I saw Hadrian Grimsley Ravensbane but the only thing I can think of for Orlando is it must be the butterfly.?.?
  • Options
    edited December 2017
    @haswh You got it. ;) I tried to fit Orlando and I couldn't, and I felt so bad that I almost wanted to have Not pictured: Orlando underneath my sig. LOL. But then I remembered his next PoV chapter, and bam! He's in it too.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    @LadyLobster It's perfect and very fitting for him I am looking forward to hearing from him! :)
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    SO worth all the effort! The only way it could have been better would be having HGR front and center ;) Hehehe
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    I think it's great!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Haids5987 wrote: »
    Right, that's not the first call she's made that has been spot-on. Were you a literature major in college, @MVWdeZT? You really have a knack for this whole symbolism thing!

Yes, I did major in English, medieval as an undergrad, and Victorian in graduate school. That must be why I like nice, long stories with plenty of characters. I would not have predicted that the next chapter would be about Orlando, though. And I don't know what to make of the image of Lyanna and Darius holding hands. Great poses, incidentally, and I don't have the patience to do poses at all.
  • Options
    MVWdeZT wrote: »
    Haids5987 wrote: »

Yes, I did major in English, medieval as an undergrad, and Victorian in graduate school. That must be why I like nice, long stories with plenty of characters. I would not have predicted that the next chapter would be about Orlando, though. And I don't know what to make of the image of Lyanna and Darius holding hands. Great poses, incidentally, and I don't have the patience to do poses at all.
    Wow!! Good for you, that's amazing. It definitely shows that you know what you're talking about. @LadyLobster--keep an eye on this one. ;)
  • Options
    @haswh @CitizenErased14 @SeaDragonSong My pain feels worth it now, thank you so much. <3 But HGR's little muzzle peeking out is enough, I think. ;)

@MVWdeZT That doesn't surprise me at all! @Haids5987 is right, it definitely shows. And Orlando's chapter isn't the next one--Gal's is tomorrow, actually--but his next PoV chapter will feature a blue butterfly.
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Goooood moooorning--or time of day of choice. It's time for the Garbage and Trash show!

Dg0RnhQ.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    Loved the chapter, as always!

It got me thinking/wondering about Graham and isla though... I know we aren’t getting any Fangs 1 peeps’ POVs, but man, my kingdom for a Graham or Isla chapter right now! I’d love to know how aware they are of the state of their children’s relationships with each other, and feelings toward them as parents too.

Are they too selfish to see it? Do they feel guilty at all? But then, if they do, why haven’t they done more?

Please note that this isn’t actually me saying you should do anything differently haha it makes sense to leave the previous gen’s POVs behind. You’ve just got me doing a lot of thinking and wondering :):heart:
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    @CitizenErased14 Thank you!!

And I'd love to write more from the Fangs 1 PoVs...but I swore that if anyone got a PoV in gen 1, they wouldn't get another in gen 2. It can be hard to say goodbye, and as much as I still love the parents, it's the kids' time to shine. Still...you'll see snippets of what's going on with Graham and Isla, although not from their own PoVs.

You ask good questions, though! I hope to answer some of them throughout the story. ;)
    uduVcAP.png