Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Just the idea of a brush going across those folds of skin... *shudders* Cats are usually pretty clean, I think (except for their paws maybe), but eww. I just found Finn brushing Garbage in the hallway...

True, I wasn't really picturing the metal side of a brush. More the soft side of a dog brush (from those double sided ones)...
    That's why I said brushing off the dirt. :)
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    Why, Finn

UsPIy3Y.png

Gotta keep your gremlin clean.
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @LadyLobster Thanks for my laugh for the day!! :D
  • AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    That’s hysterical!
  • MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    @Bugsie2016 Ha, Grash/Tarbage is definitely guaranteed at this point. ;) Unless they have a major catfight. As for the others...all interesting ships. ;)

@MrsRacooney Noticed you hit the raccoon chapters! <3 I think of you whenever Fozzie and Lucy pop up.

Also, I've noticed I'm only getting thread notifications like half the time now...weird. Especially in my own thread.

Um... weird? :o
    Yeees, raccoon chapters! If I had two raccoons, they'd probably be Bonnie and Clyde or Marilyn and Monroe :D Goodness I'm gonna hide now. Does Byron have a shelter for outlawed raccoon-fans?
    Accidentally commented on the new chapter on wordpress. Usually I prefer the forums because of the smileys but tonight my mind seemed to have a short shut-down. Well, now I'll add here that like @haswh I loved the dragon-princess set. It's those details that make the amazement!
    Lol Finn. Having a short mind shut-down, too, boy? :D
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    edited January 2018
    @Bugsie2016 Makes sense!

@InfraGreen Your names for that cat will never get old.

@haswh @AudreyFld Glad my naked Garbage could make you laugh. <3

@MrsRacooney Byron would totally provide sanctuary to outlawed raccoon-fans. >:)

And ha, I thought that was the first time you commented on my WP the other day! I love the little details on all the sets too. It can be so fun to download lots on the gallery and see all the care and attention to detail put into them.

Except now the gallery seems to break all the time now--such a pain when I'm lot-shopping!
    uduVcAP.png
    Finn spills a secret...
    H27yu2R.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    My theory was confirmed!! It's Finn that's Benny's boss!!!
    @Bugsie2016 >:) Surely nothing bad will come of that...!
    uduVcAP.png
    Finn, Finn you should know better than to lie to the person you love. I know you mean well but this may come back at you and make it impossible for you to be with your beloved Benny. ( I had one more thought to put here and it slipped away before I could write it down. :s )

I also kinda ship Ophelia and Finn. To bad I don't think it will ever work for those two. :/

@haswh He should know better...and he does! But he couldn't help himself in this instance, unfortunately. Hopefully the truth coming out won't permanently destroy his relationship with Benny.

Aww, I kind of ship Ophelia and Finn too. ;) Out of all the endgame couples, only two are set in stone. Things have a funny way of evolving throughout the story, and at this point in time, I can see multiple combinations of different couples by the end...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    edited January 2018
    Ophelia is really taking me by surprise! She is seemingly this weird, creepy little being who yearns to drink blood to survive, but she is perceptive. Very perceptive. The very first line in the chapter has her calling Finn out for being "so far away," which caught me off guard. I think we are starting to see her beyond the thirst for blood and the fiery romance stories. :D In Benny's last chapter we caught a glimpse too. She's strange, but not wicked.

We leave that to HGR Count von Batstein III. >:)
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    "What kind of man could claim her heart–and her wild imagination–for the rest of her life? No one, most likely. Passion–and even mutual affection–couldn’t last forever."

[thinks about my life]

Finn, first of all, how dare you. Too real. :(

I was hoping that the setup was lifted straight from Benny's gay butler otome. Finn can still make that happen, if he believes in it and takes some cues from daddy...
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    I’m glad @AudreyFld and @haswh are joining me in my Ophelia/Finn shipping haha I do like Finn and Benny, but I am really feeling the connection between Ophelia and Finn... and not just their sexual one!
    snvAF3B.png
    @Haids5987 LOL, weird, creepy little being...but you're right, there's more to her than a lot of people give her credit for. She's weird, but also perceptive--and she owns her weirdness. "Strange, but not wicked" is a good description too. ;)

@InfraGreen Finn is pretty jaded, but maybe not unrealistic.

And maybe he can act out Benny's favorite butler game if he ever gets a chance... >:)

@CitizenErased14 Now I'm curious who prefers Benny and Finn vs. Finn and Ophelia. LOL. It's early yet, but it's still interesting how people feel about their situation--I'm enjoying showing a bond like theirs, since it's so different from any of the other relationships I've had in Fangs.
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster I prefer Ophelia and Finn. They have a deep connection more than just physical. They know each other very well and probably are best friends. That's a good bond to have going into a relationship.
    haswh wrote: »
    @LadyLobster I prefer Ophelia and Finn. They have a deep connection more than just physical. They know each other very well and probably are best friends. That's a good bond to have going into a relationship.
    I agree that they've got a deep bond, and that is so important in a relationship. But honestly, I could never see Ophelia and Finn working out as a couple. Why? Because they love each other as friends and nothing more. :) That's not to say that their bond is anything less than amazing, but I simply don't see it blossoming.

When I was in high school my best guy friend and I tried dating and it ended in disaster--we were always slightly off-balance and couldn't really find a synchronization that worked for us. In the end it turned out much like Ophelia and Finn: he was gay, and while our 12-year friendship was the best thing in the world, our romantic relationship was no good.
  • SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Im on Finn and Ophelia too, they just understand each other so well and that's more important than the fiery romance which eventually fades.
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)
    @Haids5987 True that could happen but I am still rooting for them. They are so sweet together and @LadyLobster is making it so hard not to like them the way she depicts them.
    @SeaDragonSong This is also true that fiery romance fades a bit with time.
    I love all your responses! It's so interesting how our own experiences can change our perspectives too. I guess it all depends on what we think is most important to a fulfilling romantic relationship.

As for me, I could see things going either way at this point, depending on how everything goes down and how the characters develop and change over the course of the story. ;) I think there's going to be a major traffic jam in the harbor by the end of this gen... :#
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster I think you know how it will end up. Right? ;)
    @haswh Totally!! The pair of them are super sweet together. In my head though, I just see them being BFFAE. I want them each to find their person and be happy in their lives, but always to have each other to rely on as their friend. <3

We shall see what happens, I 'spect! :)
    @Haids5987 Very good point! Always to be best friends is also wonderful. :) Like you said we'll see...
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    edited January 2018
    The apple doesn't fall far from the tree -- meaning that Finn seems to have learned how to woo from his father, which isn't good news. On the other hand, when you're really long-lived, like the fae and vampires, you can't just marry and live happily ever after, because ever after is a very, very long time (marital self-help book for vampires -- Dealing with the Seventy-Year Itch). So, yes, Benny will get angry when he finds out, and then he and Finn will make up, and sometime in the future they'll settle down together. The cute thing is that we found out Benny was quite right about Bingham-Long's name.
    @haswh I have a generallll idea of where I want things to end up, but things can change so much over the course of a story. Near the beginning of Fangs, I'd thought about Daya and Darius ending up together.

What an odd couple, right? And the storyline would've been completely different if that happened... And I'd originally planned for Fangs to be more of a tragic drama than a comedy, which would've been super weird.

@MVWdeZT Yeah, Finn has definitely picked up some bad habits from dear old Dad...whoops. At least he's aware that what he's doing is wrong...? But I don't know if it makes it better or worse that he's doing it anyway. And you're right that happily ever after is totally different for immortals--but that does give Benny and Finn more time to work through any fights. ;)

And ha, you caught that about Miles's name. ;) Benny didn't mishear at all...
    uduVcAP.png