Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Options
    pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    Awww...

Perfect
    And I was surprised, too.

When I first saw Graham leering at Bees mum I thought there might be a threesome, but then when Isla had him change into the vampire lord outfit, I knew.

Graham was so sweet throughout and he showed that he hoped they'd love each other. I loved Islas real answers. I'm truly looking forward to seeing them operate together as a couple.

So, does this mean the ending is nigh? All we have left is...BENNY!

I'm about to panic. I don't want this to end!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    InfraGreen wrote: »
    @pammiechick @CitizenErased14 @AudreyFld: Between Axel and Theo from Day & Knight, we have the world's worst club on our hands. This meme has gotten out of control and it's only Wednesday! :p

Oh this meme is just beginning...it's just TOO GOOD!
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @pammiechick So happy you think so! <3
    LOL, Graham x Bart x Cor would've been...interesting, for sure. But no, as you saw, things didn't turn out like that. ;)

He definitely had hopes. Not high hopes, but...hopes. Isla, too, was realistic about things. At least they can finally be honest with each other!

The ending is nigh. Very, very nigh honestly--and I think some people might think it's ending too soon, but I'd like to leave some things to the imagination/possible gen 2. I'm already in mourning. But at least that means Benny is just around the corner? ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    See, a chapter like this was all I needed to be convinced... Nothing "grandiose" necessary (or even the word "love"), but an open expression of their feelings for each other! They can now be considered a "couple" to me... Though I can't say I'm super pleased :tongue: (see my WP post for my more serious thoughts on this couple haha)

*awkwardly mutters 'good game' and claps @WagonFruit @pammiechick and the rest of Team Grisla on the back*

*pours celebratory plasmafruit wine for Team Grisla*

*grumpily chugs the rest of the bottle in the corner with @InfraGreen *

*drunkenly monologues about her unrequited love for HGR*

(You know I still loved this chapter though :heart: And I can't say I didn't know this was coming ;):tongue: )

I accept your defeat with the utmost respect and honor. *sips sparkling mimosa's Provided by Mz. Froots while tossing dirty lingerie to @Infragreen to calm her*
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Isla has obviously heeded the advice to write what you know.
    I loved the shot of Graham lurking behind the palm tree. It reminded me of the private detective on stake-out in TS3, when they would whip out the bush to hide behind. In Graham's case, though, I think a flocked Christmas tree would work better.
    It's interesting that Isla needed to write out her seduction before she put it into practice. I don't think Graham realizes that she's found a way to get a baby from him without giving him the love that he wants. (And who knows how much Graham wants love, anyway. For the moment he seems quite content with his role as the evil vampire lord.)
  • Options
    WitcHazardWitcHazard Posts: 1,209 Member
    edited June 2017
    Nooboos WitcHazard: (Stares at her Nooboos Chart circles Benny and Grisla) You will have nooboos!(Laughs Manically)
  • Options
    @MVWdeZT She has!
    LOL, I never got to try out the private detective career in TS3...or the detective one in TS4, really. But it sounds hilarious.

I think for Isla, writing out the seduction was more for her sake than Graham's. She's not good at expressing herself without getting frustrated or mad or being too blunt. But this sort of created a safe, acceptable way of interacting with her husband and telling him what she really wanted for him, without feeling like she made herself truly vulnerable.

If she did want a baby, I'm sure there are plenty of guys out there capable of giving her one! Why she went after Graham in particular, however...but that wasn't what she was after this time. She was actually remarkably open for once. And Graham definitely does crave love or at least affection, though Isla may be a strange place to look for it!

@WitcHazard LOL, is that a curse, or a wish, or a blessing?
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    Accepts the defeat of the Grisla haters and assorted naysayers with magnanimity; Cheers! @pammiechick *clinks glasses* try the peeled grapes, they're less sour than they appear, and jusi juicy ;)
    This chapter though.
    My gawd, @LadyLobster , you have managed to throw something at me that I didn't expect, even though I knew it was coming? How you do that you sorceress??

This was perfection, from beginning to end...flawed only by Graham's wig (at least it wasn't the beard, sigh); I know this is not the popular school of thought on the matter, but the short hair just frames his features better, ok? His delicate (but manly) beauty gets lost in all that long hair!

BUT I'M OVER THE HAIR, CAN WE TALK ABOUT THE FOREPLAY.

This chapter felt like Graham reading a love letter from Isla, her way of apologizing to him for their last awkward romantic fumbling, and expressing her desires more clearly...and for herself also, if that makes sense. Getting it all down on paper, sorting through her own thoughts and desires, I imagine that was a bit of a balm for her, too.

It's not a baby she wants, exactly, it's what she thinks (erroneously) that she can get from a baby; she might think it's love, or needing to be needed, and that's a part of it, but I've come to realize that more than anything she just wants a connection, a lifeline, sparking against another soul. Not to say that, one day, maybe, they'll make nooboos, but I think that Graham himself is enough for now.

The most beautiful love stories, for me, always start with connection, and usually not instant passion. I like that it's flawed, and sort of quiet, and that no one has unrealistic expectations, and they're both willing to just be in the moment and not worry about pinning each other down for *forever*

That relationship will be rocky, but I think it will have a lot of breathing room, which is good, because neither of the parties involved are particularly fond of being cloistered (well, maybe Graham for short periods of time under certain circumstances) ;)
    They're both very tragic figures, I think. Looking for that next hit of something to make them feel alive.

Thank you for sharing this tumultuous, unorthodox and very special couple with us, bb <3
    Can't wait to see how that HGR hit pans out ;)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • Options
    @WagonFruit I'm so glad you love them as much as you do! I know they're an odd, unconventional pair. <3 LOL, poor HGR...but his fate might remain a mystery!
    Wow, I surprised my brain twin? I'm so shocked! I'm really curious as to how you expected things to go down. Go down. Lolll.

I already apologized for the wig! *hides* At least it's removable...!

That's exactly the effect I was going for, of Graham reading a love letter from Isla (that she worked really hard on, okay!)...it's a weird love letter, and maybe people don't think it's all that romantic, but she tried, in her own way, as only she knows how. She put her wants and needs out there for Graham to see, who for so long has been an antagonist to her. She wanted to make things up to him, but she also did it for herself as well, you're right.

You're 100% right about the baby. She thinks that's what she wants and needs, but it isn't, not right now. It's all about that connection. A baby isn't going to make her loneliness go away. Back at the police station with Saul, she referred to their...thing as connecting, and that's what she wants. She's disconnected from the world of the fae, she's disconnected from the world of humans...she'd like something to hold her in place, at least for a little while. And Graham has nice (albeit smooth) arms.

"Flawed, and sort of quiet, and that no one has unrealistic expectations, and they're both willing to just be in the moment and not worry about pinning each other down for *forever*": their relationship in an odd-shaped nutshell. <3<3 Forever isn't their concern. They weren't raised on Disney romances--they're all about the here and now.

Rocky is right, but I think they'll also have fun playing with each other, as they did in the past, always trying to get that upper hand. They're well-matched in certain respects. And right now, they do make each other feel alive. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    CitizenErased14CitizenErased14 Posts: 12,187 Member
    edited June 2017
    HGR's fate as a mystery means he could be in the sequel!

I am gonna hold on to hope haha It's all I have right now in this dark time. While @InfraGreen hugs the dirty lingerie pammie gave her, I hug a framed picture of HGR :tongue: (and one of Darius... I miss him almost as much!)
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    This was so great, Lobster! <3 I know I've commented on Graham and Isla's sexual tension before--whoda thunk it would come to fruition at last? :mrgreen:
    This has been a long time coming (hehe COMING) for each of them, and it was so well done! Between Isla's desperation for a bab (and her loneliness) and Graham's requited love for Bianca, it was much-needed.

I loved the subtlety in their declarations to each other. It wasn't grand and sappy, it wasn't crazy and over-the-top. It was just so delightfully Graham and Isla. They said how they felt, plain and simple, and got 'er done! :smiley:
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • Options
    @Haids5987 I think some people had an idea. >:) And some people (okay, FROOTS) have been waiting for a while!
    Thank you! They both needed this, for different reasons. The bab actually wasn't the main motivator this time (and what if she was just using it as an excuse before?).

Grand and sappy isn't in their wheelhouse. Okay, grand for Graham maybe, but he tends to cover up his true feelings with sheer ridiculousness. This was a much more truthful representation of themselves and their feelings. Got 'er done is right!!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    Byron chapter tomorrow!

Happy Bianca smile...or murderous Bianca smile? You decide:
    jKF8QeV.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    MrsRacooneyMrsRacooney Posts: 2,091 Member
    Happy. Definitely happy. ^^
    fdZPJYy.jpg
    Chapters | Updated 09/26
  • Options
    AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    *Squee* Can't wait! :D
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    Happiness!

And awww...Byron is holding Byron Jr....(well, I call him that...he looks just like him. Sorry Lysander! Maybe Benny will produce a Lysander 2.0)
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    I think happy...? Either way, Bianca gets credit for trusting Byron with holding her child... :joy: Still can't get over the cuteness of the little ones, and also still swooning over dad-Byron omg.
    snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    peatockpeatock Posts: 139 Member
    man, bianca is so gorgeous. :hushed: sometimes i forget with all the hijinks happening all the time, but she's seriously so pretty. reminding me that i gotta paint her properly one of these days, haha.

also aaaw, papa byron... ;o; <3
    0Ims83x.png
    The Velasco Legacy: Generation Six on wordpress & on the forums!
  • Options
    Ha, everyone thinks motherhood has made Bianca less murderous! That's her favorite son though. Not that a mom ever has a favorite kid...right?

I think Papa Byron is my favorite Byron too. ROFL.

And surprisingly...Byron Jr. doesn't look much like Byron at all as an adult! (Yes, I looked. B) ) I'd say he looks a lot like Lysander, actually, with his mom's coloring and long face. He has quite a chin too. His twin is identical, so he looks like that too, but he may be a victim of the Blackwell family curse...
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    So we need to shut up about his long face when there's something much longer beneath? :p
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    So we need to shut up about his long face when there's something much longer beneath? :p

What do you mean by "long face"? He doesn't seem sad to me. :tongue::wink:
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
  • Options

ROFL. Actually, I forgot that had a double meaning when I wrote that! Oops. I meant that one twin will definitely be dorky and awkward and Byron-y, while his brother falls more into what Bianca would like to see from a son of hers. But that will (probably) come up in gen 2...!
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    edited June 2017
    But that will (probably) come up in gen 2...!

DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE OFFICIALLY GETTING A GEN 2?!

(Hint: The only acceptable answer is "yes"!)

snvAF3B.png
  • Options
    But that will (probably) come up in gen 2...!

DOES THIS MEAN WE ARE OFFICIALLY GETTING A GEN 2?!

(Hint: The only acceptable answer is "yes"!)

So I can't say maybe? :'( It's...a tentative yes! Eventually...! I doubt I could stay away from these people forever, even if I'll be taking a long break. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • Options
    SeaDragonSongSeaDragonSong Posts: 2,324 Member
    Yay for a tentative gen 2! I love reading about these Sims, they're great!
    Story_Banner.png
    Twists In Time And Space (Updated December 2nd 2018. New discord server!)
    Bob Bobson (Updated August 12th 2019)