Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    Put a warning on that picture. My goodness that is an amazing amount of fanservice. (Not complaining!) Just add Lysander, Daddy Lyons, and those twin butlers...and Bianca with a pair of binoculars in the windows for a perfect picture.

Is that your official fanservice request for when you win a future mini-contest in this thread? ;)
    WagonFruit wrote: »
    Oh my stars; when I manage to pull my carcass out of bed and get some coffee in me you are getting COMMENTS :o

I'm still not awake, but somehow I managed to post today's chapter. I apparently forgot to update the date in the thread title though--whoops, got it now.
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    edited February 2017
    First of all, that picture is everything; all my yes please, lock the front door, put a sock on the knob, (wo)man down.
    I didn't even know I had a secret crush on Graham, how did you know? :o (witchcraft, clearly).

Ahem, oh, right, there was a chapter too wasn't there! :blush:
    Darius and Isla's childhood home is gorgeous...I'm hoping there's a link to that somewhere...I can see how this chapter must've definitely been a plum tonne of work!
    Orlando has some of the strongest "come hither; I bite" eyes I've ever seen on a sim; I already love/hate him <3
    It was really nice to get inside Isla's head, it's definitely made her a more sympathetic character, and Darius, oh dear, do I detect more than a little hint of Penny affection? That's been sort of brewing for a while now though, hasn't it? I'm hoping it's more of a "I love my pet" thing, than a "let's make half-breed nooboos" thing.
    I loved everything about this chapter (eee, fairies!), and I'm a bit freaked out as to what's going to happen to Penny and Lysander!
    So well done you...I'm not even half as awake as I'd like to be...
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    First of all, that picture is everything; all my yes please, lock the front door, put a sock on the knob, (wo)man down.
    I didn't even know I had a secret crush on Graham, how did you know? :o (witchcraft, clearly).

Ahem, oh, right, there was a chapter too wasn't there! :blush:
    Darius and Isla's childhood home is gorgeous...I'm hoping there's a link to that somewhere...I can see how this chapter must've definitely been a plum tonne of work!
    Orlando has some of the strongest "come hither; I bite" eyes I've ever seen on a sim; I already love/hate him <3
    It was really nice to get inside Isla's head, it's definitely made her a more sympathetic character, and Darius, oh dear, do I detect more than a little hint of Penny affection? That's been sort of brewing for a while now though, hasn't it? I'm hoping it's more of a "I love my pet" thing, than a "let's make half-breed nooboos" thing.
    I loved everything about this chapter (eee, fairies!), and I'm a bit freaked out as to what's going to happen to Penny and Lysander!
    So well done you...I'm not even half as awake as I'd like to be...

Graham was a free gift from Bianca. She's been trying to get rid of him forever, but I'm glad you like him! Someone has to, right? >:) But I took your Darius request 100% seriously.

Darius and Isla's home is gorgeous. I added all the buildings I used to my credits page, but here it is: CUTEST THING.

My Willow Creek currently looks like a giant unicorn got the runs. I razed the whole thing and replaced it with fairy stuff, inhabited by a bunch of brightly colored, winged people that look like they should start a glam rock band. There are even fairy restaurants, nightclubs, etc...

As for the rest of the stuff in spoilers...
    Orlando does, doesn't he? I'm glad he made a strong impression. You probablyyyy don't have to worry too much about Darius. (No promises, though. <3) And hey, what's wrong with half-breed nooboos? ;) Does that mean you're against human-vampire byproducts too? I'll try to keep that in mind as my story progresses. >:)

I'm so glad you liked the chapter! I procrastinated so much when writing it, and it took me multiple days to download and place the lots I needed, create and dress allllllllllllll the fairies, and actually start writing. And then when I was trying to pose everyone in the village, they kept randomly breaking out of the poses even with 0 autonomy. I gave them all the Loves the Outdoors trait, so I think they kept getting overexcited about being outside? I have no idea, but it was such a pain!
    uduVcAP.png
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    @LadyLobster Yes. That is my official fanservice request ;)
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    Oh my, it looks like I owe Bianca a thank-you note! <3 (My Darius requests are definitely meant to be taken 100% seriously; I never joke about hot fairies in dresses ;) )

(A credits page! Duh, naturally...didn't even think to look for one of those...the brain is sour today; poor brain.)
    My Willow Creek currently looks like a giant unicorn got the runs.
    LOL at that analogy...it sounds pretty awesome though; I'll bet those fae know how to party (save me a dance Orlando, you smug demon).
    There is most certainly nothing wrong with half-breed nooboos; quite the contrary! I encourage half-breed nooboos! It's only that I have Penny's womb earmarked for vampire half-breed nooboos >:) don't you think Bianca would enjoy being an Aunt? :D
    I'm not surprised the fairies were misbehaving; they are such mischievous creatures! But the thought of having to wrangle a herd of naughty fae around A/U Rainbow Willow Creek makes me giggle.

FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @LadyLobster Yes. That is my official fanservice request ;)

Added to the list!
    Oh my, it looks like I owe Bianca a thank-you note! <3 (My Darius requests are definitely meant to be taken 100% seriously; I never joke about hot fairies in dresses ;) )
    There is most certainly nothing wrong with half-breed nooboos; quite the contrary! I encourage half-breed nooboos! It's only that I have Penny's womb earmarked for vampire half-breed nooboos >:) don't you think Bianca would enjoy being an Aunt? :D
    I'm not surprised the fairies were misbehaving; they are such mischievous creatures! But the thought of having to wrangle a herd of naughty fae around A/U Rainbow Willow Creek makes me giggle.

I will keep that in mind about Darius. ;)
    Bianca probably would enjoy being an aunt!
    And I figured that was the case regarding nooboos. I will say that I think at this point, only one romantic pairing is 100% set in stone in my mind. I keep sort of waffling on the others, or I had the idea that these two would be perfect for each other and then the characters and their relationships develop in unexpected ways. A second relationship might be set in stone too but it's more like a very firm clay? But you can kind of chisel away at it...we'll see!

I think it's funny to see new ships set sail in the comments after I post new chapters sometimes, because I want to tease people for not being very loyal shippers...but I'm just as bad. And aren't we all just floating around on a raft in an ocean of sims, looking for the perfect ship to haul us out of the water and fulfill our dreams...?
    uduVcAP.png
  • pammiechickpammiechick Posts: 12,262 Member
    edited February 2017
    Dun...dun...dun...

This is so interesting!
    So, Isla and Darius were banished for helping Penny?
    Post edited by pammiechick on
    iTvMKZ8.jpg
    And aren't we all just floating around on a raft in an ocean of sims, looking for the perfect ship to haul us out of the water and fulfill our dreams...?
    We so are **wistful sigh**
    I'll happily go on record saying that my only 2 firm ships are Benny and Rina at this point; but I'd like to see my girl Bee happy and settled also!
    Can you imagine the scandal of Graham/Isla? She'd be kicked out of the fairy club for sure!
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    edited February 2017
    @pammiechick Every time my sims made me want to pull out my hair while setting up this chapter, I was like, BE STRONG AND THINK OF PAMMIECHICK. I know you've had your fair share of posing/scene setup disasters, yet you still delivered! So thank you for lending me your strength.

@WagonFruit I'll be kind to you and say that Rina
    is safe, but it isn't the relationship set in stone I was talking about.
    And I really think you're in my mind somehow. Get out, get out, it's not safe for anyone!
    uduVcAP.png
    GREAT MINDS DARLING...shh, don't fight it...
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    Ack couldn't see the pics on my phone even with multiple refreshes!! I'll have to wait until I get home to properly enjoy all of your effort!! The story was excellent however and I loved the little surprise at the end and Darius' dreamy comment that he can always feel when Penny is near. That makes me want to ship them a tiny bit. :smiley:

I try really hard not to ship though because I like to enjoy the ideas of people finding love in unexpected places.

I still remember Logan/Veronica's first kiss in Veronica Mars and was like What???? And then I was a LoVe shipper 4Lyfe .

But yeah a teeny part of me might ship Penius. Haha or is that too close to another word. :naughty:
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
    @cshaner Aww, sorry you can't see the pictures on your phone! I always wonder how well the story would hold up without all the pictures. I rely on a lot of sight gags, and I use the pictures to worm my way out of describing people and things, which is way more tedious for me than dialogue (my first love). Sometimes I'm tempted to just write descriptions like: "HE WAS HOT. SUPER HOT. TRUST ME ON THIS. Also their house was pretty nice, and the room they were in had a bunch of cool stuff in it. Moving on: now they're talking!"

I felt the same way about Logan and Veronica! So that's funny. And yeah, I try to keep things open when shipping and not get too attached to any one pairing, because the surprise can be a huge part of the fun. And I swear my ships always sink anyway, but it's good to appreciate the journey!

Penius ahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. Darpen? Denny? But Penius is so much fun to say...
    uduVcAP.png
    Hahahaa I love your descriptions of the "and they had some cool stuff." /nod that's just how I like my descriptions!! Haha.

Yes the chapter and it's intended content came across just fine but I'm super excited to see the super hot Orlando (I do trust you!) and the beautiful scenery that everyone has described!!!
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    cshaner wrote: »
    Yes the chapter and it's intended content came across just fine but I'm super excited to see the super hot Orlando (I do trust you!) and the beautiful scenery that everyone has described!!!

Haha, I wasn't necessarily speaking about Orlando (though he is hot if you're into his very glam rock aesthetic like me and my long-lost sister apparently), but I notice in a lot of romance and YA novels in particular that the authors will describe the guys' smoldering ~special eyes~, perfect chiseled jaws, rock-hard abs, perfect "angelic beauty," etc. every scene they're in. I like that I don't have to! Or that Bianca can do so for me. <3
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster yes I love glam rock and cannot wait to see him!!

Yes and Bee does a wonderful job with those descriptions too! :naughty:
    @cshaner
    For the record "Penius" is the best ship name I've ever.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit Hee hee. Very happy you approve.
  • UmbralFlowerUmbralFlower Posts: 4,494 Member
    I would like to add Orlando to the fanservice list :p His shade of blue is very pleasing.
    ~*-*-*~ My SimLit: The Echoed Fragments || A Tale of Love and Fame ~*-*-*~
    You all are hilarious. And @DreamsInPixels, your request has been updated for future reference. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    I want Darius in human form and Lysander. Mmmmm
    Maybe crossover too with @DreamsInPixels 's Gunther too. /nod
    edited February 2017
    @cshaner I am actually keeping track of all these requests, I swear. >:)

Oh, another behind-the-scenes note: the queen being literally LIT UP was actually a happy accident. The lighting was crazy where she was sitting, and I almost changed it, but I decided the effect was so cool that I kept it.

It also inspired me to make Darius sit there and take these shots for his number one fan:
    k4RbNdZ.png
    rcKDm11.png

I was going through the album for this chapter (it has more screenshots than any other chapter, though I didn't use all of them!) and I was like, why are these shots here? Why did I take the--oh..... HAPPY EARLY BIRTHDAY, @WagonFruit.

Oh and pammiechick, your spoilered question will be answered in a forthcoming chapter. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster yay!!!! Omg I'm seriously almost as scandalous as Bee in my thoughts about your men. Hee hee.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Oh my! This was a good chapter!!
    I love how you did the whole fairy village and made all the other fairies!
    Really helped the immersion and to "feel" as a reader how the twins felt to be there (at least for me).
    edited February 2017
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Oh my! This was a good chapter!!
    I love how you did the whole fairy village and made all the other fairies!
    Really helped the immersion and to "feel" as a reader how the twins felt to be there (at least for me).

Thank you so much! That really makes me feel like my pain was worth it. ;) Despite all my complaining, I had a lot of fun making the fairies and giving them hair, clothes, and makeup that I wouldn't have a reason to use on any other sims. And I actually had fun searching for all the buildings, too--I'm constantly blown away by the incredible things people make. It also makes me feel a bit sad, since I know I could never be on that level (and I think I'm too lazy to try building for long), but at least I can express my creativity in other ways and enjoy those beautiful buildings from other people!
    cshaner wrote: »
    @LadyLobster yay!!!! Omg I'm seriously almost as scandalous as Bee in my thoughts about your men. Hee hee.

I'm happy you're enjoying them. >:) There's man aplenty to go around!
    uduVcAP.png