Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Much Ado About Fangs [COMPLETE 2/24]

Comments

• Haids5987Haids5987 Posts: 8,465 Member
    Awww, @haswh and @LadyLobster. <3 This is what I love most about the Fangs series--it's funny and silly and makes me cry laughing, but there are some very poignant and real-life situations that give you the feels. I mean, you just sparked a conversation about loss that couldn't have happened otherwise, Lobs! <3
    signature2.png?ssl=1&w=450
    **Also known as EmeraldCityTaurus***
  • MVWdeZTMVWdeZT Posts: 3,267 Member
    Seventeen and a half years, @haswh! And it probably doesn't seem that long ago. It's been 5 years since my mother died. During the first year or so, I wrote notes to her whenever something happened that she would be interested in. She lived with my husband and me for the last 10 months of her life, and I'm really glad we had that time together. Sometimes there will be something that I really wish I could share with her and that will usually set me off.
  • LadyLobsterLadyLobster Posts: 4,133 Member
    @haswh I get teary when I talk about my mom too. :( And I know I'll never stop missing her either. I also think about the major life events she'll miss that I really would've wanted to see. I'm glad your mom is still around to see her great-great grandkids! <3

@Haids5987 Aww, it can be hard to balance humor and sadness, so I'm glad you think it's something I do well. <3 I don't ever want a chapter to be a complete downer! Even the funeral chapter last gen had some humor in it. I don't like to wallow!

@MVWdeZT So sorry to hear about your mom too. :( I love the idea of writing your mom notes--I got to spend the last 10 years of my mom's life living right nearby too, so I got to see her every day. I can practically hear her telling me lots of opinions on stuff as I go throughout my day (though most of them probably aren't appropriate for the forums, not gonna lie). But I totally get wanting to share things, no matter how small.
    uduVcAP.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @LadyLobster, @Haids5987 and @MVWdeZT I need to correct myself, I said Great one too many times my grandchildren would be my Dad's great grandchildren! Oppsy daisy! :D Oh <3Daisy <3 I miss you!!
    @haswh I was like wow, that's a lot of greats! But maybe not, because they're great great grandchildren, I'm sure. ;)
    uduVcAP.png
  • haswhhaswh Posts: 2,863 Member
    @LadyLobster My grands had one Great great grandmother (my grandma) and she just passed away about a month ago. She was just shy of 97 She got to meet three of her double greats! :scream:
    @haswh Awwww, I'm glad your grandma got to meet the greatest double greats. <3
    uduVcAP.png
  • WagonFruitWagonFruit Posts: 2,489 Member
    @InfraGreen Belle x Silas are the real best (platonic) OTP~

You can keep pressing the platonic point over and over and over again; you're never going to stop this cousin-shipping train B)
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member

What's OTP? My guess would be original tea pot but doubting that one...
    Bugsie2016 wrote: »

What's OTP? My guess would be original tea pot but doubting that one...

Nailed it.
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit I know, I know. <3<3

@Bugsie2016 It's One True Pairing/Pair! Usually when I use it, I'm being silly. ;) But who doesn't love an original teapot?
    uduVcAP.png
  • BloosmooBloosmoo Posts: 754 Member
    I still like Original Teapot....does it come with dormouse and tea cakes?

@LadyLobster ....I had to share ex- MIL's response to sweary toddler. She went white with shock, stared at me with total disgust and just said "Andrea! Fancy teaching him words like that!" What can I say, stood him in good stead for later life everyone should have a good selection of swear words in their vocabulary.
    @Bloosmoo LOL! OMG, that was even better than I expected.

At least if Daya (well, kinda-sorta mother-in-law since Gal and Bas aren't married) overheard little Sly in her kitchen, she'd just smile and stuff a snack into his mouth to make the cursing stop.
    uduVcAP.png
    @LadyLobster She'd have the right way of handling it too! Mine was rebellious so if I'd made a big deal of it, he'd have done it all the more. MIL still blames me today for anything that goes wrong both with the lads and with their lives....I've taught them common ways, if I hadn't let them listen to heavy metal, wear black, dyed their mohawks blue and purple when they were younger none of this would have happened! For the record sweary toddler is now a recruitment manager (a sweary one) after she'd said he'd be like me and doing something ridiculous like art pmsl You cannot meet a more conventional man despite the mohawk adventures of his youth.

So you never know Sly might grow up upholding the law or at the top of business or even a renown scientist that cures rodent fever.... Or he might grow up to be a total man-ho who loves playing violin because...well you need very nimble hands for that... :blush: Actually I can't wait to see what they all become hence the twisty brain syndrome...this really is new for me because usually when I read something I read the ending first (I know I'm a terrible person lol)
    @Bloosmoo That's hilarious (though I imagine dealing with your MIL wasn't so fun at the time, unless you did get a kick out of it). Glad your sons turned out okay though, despite their colorful vocabulary (and even more colorful mohawks).

Sly as a scientist that cures rodent fever...ROFL. That's so interesting that you read the ending first--guess it's a good thing gens 2 and 3 were in-progress when you started reading. No skipping to the end! >:)
    uduVcAP.png
    Velvet Petalpaws wants to play...

SUwE3bS.png
    uduVcAP.png
  • ForgottenPixelsForgottenPixels Posts: 11,376 Member
    Velvet! Must read...
  • InfraGreenInfraGreen Posts: 6,693 Member
    So long single dad HGR! (I know he's open minded enough for this)
    A thousand bared teeth, a thousand bowed heads

outrun / blog / tunglr
  • MunterbaconMunterbacon Posts: 5,082 Member
    And my mind wanders to silly, naughty things.
    HGR's life just got a wee bit more interesting. You know, even if he finds tree nymphs attractive, she'll still have more wood than him! :#:D
    dustshaela.jpg
    Origin ID: Munter_Bacon
    Ironbound (end of season break) | STRIKE! (currently updating) | The Colours of my Heart (on hiatus)
    @Bugsie2016 Hope you liked it! <3

@InfraGreen You think so? ;) (That, or desperate enough maybe.)

@Munterbacon ROFL. Sounds like I'm in good company! >:)
    uduVcAP.png
    Hurrah! Velvet has a Mum again, though I suspect the tree nymph figured any kid putting that much effort into watering her deserved some kind of attention :) And Giant Batty (squeeee) poor Velvet must miss him even more than we do, how could HGR break up a family like that, if you're going to steal one child, steal them all....especially if they are puppies. Oh and steal Primrose too, if you're going to share your bone with her and get her in the family way the least you can do is look after your family! Lyanna can always adopt another dog.... How long was Velvets Pawther gone in reality? An hour? Half an hour? I'm sure it only seemed like 100 years to a bored little pupster. Just adore Velvet, she really is a good girl!
    @Bloosmoo Your comments have me giggling as usual. ;) And you might be on to something re: Primrose 2.0.

HGR really should've stolen all the dogs, even if Lyanna would've been heartbroken. At least he stole Primrose's corpse...? I mean, that's something. Maybe.

LOL, however long HGR was gone, it was only a tiny fraction of what it felt like to Velvet. So glad you adore her. <3<3
    uduVcAP.png
    Aww, good guy HGR stealing dead dogs <3
    FzWOQ8X.jpg
    @WagonFruit Paw-ther of the Year~ <3<3
    uduVcAP.png
    He got so much hotter all of a sudden; a good coat and new hairstyle can do that for a man O.o
    FzWOQ8X.jpg