Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

So I want to host a Mafia game, but...

LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
...I have no clue what I'm doing. I thought designing one would be really easy, but now that I've started I'm having some trouble with it. Because despite having played a few times there're some basic things I realize I don't know. Like what is a good Mafia to Townie to Indie ratio? I know there are usually three mafia members, but I don't want there to be to many townies in comparison. I was thinking maybe 3 Mafia players, 2 Indie players, and 8 townies? But I don't know.

Also, I'm unsure how many people should have special abilities. I really like the way the abilities come into play, so I don't want to exclude them, but I'm not keen on the idea of everyone having them.

Uggh, I'm definitely making this more complicated than need be, but any advice would be really appreciated.

Comments

• LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    Also! Should you reveal rolls as people die, or should people only know that basic town, mafia, or indie?
  • iriefthiiriefthi Posts: 1,073 Member
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/894829/mafia-masterlist/p1
    This is where you can find helpul info for setting up a mafia game!
    iriefthi wrote: »

Oh my gosh! I completely forgot about the masterlist! Thank you for reminding me! :)
    That's actually a good thing too, because I'd hate to jump in and accidentally take someones turn hosting.
  • Broncos4lifeBroncos4life Posts: 11,798 Member
    There are also links to balanced setups on the master list :)
    Do you like solving a mystery? Come join a mafia game!
    Link: here!

71t7p4hX88L._AC_SL1500_.jpg
    LyniaSC wrote: »

Oh my gosh! I completely forgot about the masterlist! Thank you for reminding me! :)
    That's actually a good thing too, because I'd hate to jump in and accidentally take someones turn hosting.

I don't know if those turns on hosting are still valid, maybe you should ask @UniSims

I don't know if those turns on hosting are still valid, maybe you should ask @UniSims

I noticed that it's been inactive for a while now, so I'll have to do that.

I noticed that it's been inactive for a while now, so I'll have to do that.

Craftykat for example is absent from the forums for a loooooong time now!
    I miss her........... a lot........

I never had the pleasure of being in one of her games, which is unfortunate cause she seemed really awesome :/
    So I've messaged Uni and am now just waiting for a reply. I also think I have my rolls all set up, so if she says I'm free to start it I should have sign ups going soon.

I have three mafia members each with their own ability, an indie roll with her own ability, and eight townies, 4 of which have an ability. It looks like it should be fair, and I tried to make sure there were no power imbalances, but I guess we'll just have to find out :#
    I'm sure Keyen will let you know if it is in balenced :)

edited January 2017
    Great idea, I'll tag him and see if he has any input.

@Keyenpeydee I want to host a mafia in the near future, but I want to make sure I set it up well. Would you be willing to do me a favor and tell me if this is balanced or not? I'd really appreciate your input :)

Here are my rolls:
    THE MAFIA:

Vincent: THE LEADER - You are the leader of the mafia, and as such you have the final say on who is killed and who will perform the nightly kill. Should you die, the remaining mafia members will make these decisions among themselves.

Satine: THE “INNOCENT" ONE - Should anyone choose to investigate you, you will not appear to have blood on your hands.

Ricardo: THE INTIMIDATOR - You may intimidate any player from speaking for the entire following day. This means they also may not whisper to any other players.

INDIE:

Stella: THE VIGILANT - Each night you have the choice of either killing one player or protecting one player. Should the person you choose to protect be targeted, no death will occur. If you choose to kill someone the mafia also decides to kill,

TOWNIES:

Scott: THE MAYOR - As the mayor, you have the most influence on your town. As such, your vote counts twice.

Rebecca: THE DOCTOR - As a doctor, you have healing abilities. Each night you may select one player. If that person is chosen to be killed you will heal them and they will survive the night.

Carter: THE INVESTIGATOR - As an investigator, you have the ability to look into someone and find out whether or not they have killed someone on past nights. Note: This will not tell you whether or not they are planning to kill someone this current night.

Molly: THE YOUNGSTER - You are a small child, and thus clearly an innocent. As such, you cannot be lynched.

Trevor: REGULAR TOWNIE - You are an everyday member of the community, and thus, have no special abilities.

Carmen: REGULAR TOWNIE - You are an everyday member of the community, and thus, have no special abilities.

Adam: REGULAR TOWNIE - You are an everyday member of the community, and thus, have no special abilities.

Patricia: REGULAR TOWNIE - You are an everyday member of the community, and thus, have no special abilities.
  • KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I can review the setup, Lynia. Send me a PM. But one thing you need to know: All roles don't have to have a power.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• UniSimsUniSims Posts: 1,246 Member

i'm still alive ya know. lol. :D:p
    laughing-gifs-old-timey.gif

Everything is more colourful in black and white
    UniSims wrote: »

i'm still alive ya know. lol. :D:p

I meant Crafty... but it's nice to see you :)