Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to defense from vampire attack?

Comments

• Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited February 2017
    So far what works for me is keeping the door locked for everyone but household members, the 2 times they were attacked was when the door was unlocked

I locked every single doors. Even I locked for my house family as well but Vlad has a power to open home by vampiric power. It didn't work for him. So now I made one of my households to vampire. After that, other vampires visited for hunt but they just returned home themselves because my active vampire sim was staying awake. :D Also once the sim was bitten by a vampire, that sim is protected from the 2nd biting for 12 hrs, so I let my vampire sim bites on my human sim before the other vampire visits, then my human sim is safe for 12 hrs. I always my vamp sim asks a permission to bite my human sim. It's also good that my vamp sim doesn't have to go out for hunt through the night, and also my human sim is safe from other vamps.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    If a vampire is immune to sunlight and garlic and has the Eternally Welcome power......you'd best have the cure in your inventory.
  • Options
    MasonGamerMasonGamer Posts: 8,851 Member
    Does the "Private Dwelling" Lot Trait stop Vampires?
    Realm of Magic:

My Mood:

tumblr_nlbf3b0Jyb1qkheaxo5_250.gif
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Here's an easy solution:
    VladWood_1.jpg
    Vlad told Marryin she had a "nice neck." She invited him in, then went to bed. I thought: "Okay, this time for sure! He'll attack her while she's sleeping."
    Nope. He spent the whole night woodworking. Didn't even get a stupid knife block out of the deal. He left before he finished.
    7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    If a vampire is immune to sunlight and garlic and has the Eternally Welcome power......you'd best have the cure in your inventory.
    Is it possible to throw to the vamps? I already have a couple but left them on the table deep inside of basement, because my sims drink them by accident. I don't want to lose my vamp sim. :D The cure drinks are always spoiled. Is the spoiled one working as well? :D

• Options
    MasonGamer wrote: »
    Does the "Private Dwelling" Lot Trait stop Vampires?
    I haven't tried it yet but rarely other sims visit my house even without that trait except for vampires.

• Options
    edited February 2017
    Here's an easy solution:
    VladWood_1.jpg
    Vlad told Marryin she had a "nice neck." She invited him in, then went to bed. I thought: "Okay, this time for sure! He'll attack her while she's sleeping."
    Nope. He spent the whole night woodworking. Didn't even get a plum knife block out of the deal. He left before he finished.

Because it's his first visit. He always sends a message you have a nice neck, and then, once he is allowed to get in your house, next night, Vlad starts to do real hunt for his target. He used to follow my sims every single night wherever my family goes. So finally, I let my sim visited him in the morning time, my sim made a drought of reconfiguration drink, then I switched to Vlad. I let Vlad drink it, then I purchased, 'tamed thirst' power for Vlad. I've never seen him visits my home since that time. :D
  • Options
    TheLibrarySimTheLibrarySim Posts: 966 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    Because it's his first visit. He always sends a message you have a nice neck, and then, once he is allowed to get in your house, next night, Vlad starts to do real hunt for his target. He used to follow my sims every single night wherever my family goes. So finally, I let my sim visited him in the morning time, my sim made a drought of reconfiguration drink, then I switched to Vlad. I let Vlad drink it, then I purchased, 'tamed thirst' power for Vlad. I've never seen him visits my home since that time. :D
    So he'll be back? Excellent! Can't wait to play tonight. I really want to experience a vampire attack.
    Thank you, @Jeansoo

7mQr8Yt.jpg
  • Options
    Ravager619Ravager619 Posts: 3,738 Member
    One time Vlad paid a visit to my sim around 5:30am. Luckily, it was the Culpepper apartment that had the balcony. I woke up my sim, had her go outside, and Vlad wouldn't follow her into the sunlight. :D
    "That person who helps others simply because it should or must be done, and because it is the right thing to do, is indeed without a doubt, a real superhero." - Stan Lee
  • Options
    Ravager619 wrote: »
    One time Vlad paid a visit to my sim around 5:30am. Luckily, it was the Culpepper apartment that had the balcony. I woke up my sim, had her go outside, and Vlad wouldn't follow her into the sunlight. :D
    That's awesome! :D

• Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    I think that the Vampire Lore skill is two-sided. Whether or not your sims become vampire food is a mix of pot luck and player action, but that skill makes vampires more likely to bite your sim. It also helps them learn defence techniques and defend themselves too though, and unlocks a lot of cool features. In under five hours real time, you can max all fifteen levels of it. Level eight is about halfway through it so should

Also, to avoid sims passing out everywhere, grow a garlic plant. Garlic seems super common in game and some vampires (including Vlad) seem to hate it. Track down a bulb of garlic, plant it in the ground, look after it, and reap your results. You should get a lot of garlic every week from it. Place some garlic along the entrance to your house and the land leading up to it. Add more to your house when you can.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    emmaningemmaning Posts: 3,407 Member
    My sims live in FH and never have vampires come at night, they are just normal sims, do we have to read up about them for them to come visit my sims don't have garlic up either.

Yes the moment my sim started to search for the vampire secret, that vampire recognized the location of my house. Vladislaus vampire can teleport anywhere with vampiric ability. I activated him for a minute this morning just before going into my sim family, he was actually the Grand Master Vampire which is on top level. I built a basement without stairs but it was easy for him to move. And I also learned that you shouldn't invite him inside when his first visit, then you will be safe from vampire. They are able to break into home since getting welcome invitation from the house owner. The Sims 4 vampires are a lot more dangerous and powerful than the Sims 3 ones. You better not command your sim family look up or find about any vampire stuff.

But it is a fun skill that is really done well. I think this is a realistic thing that if they get suspicious of you, they'll punish you. To make it hard for him, build a fence around your house. Add a gate every morning and remove it each night.
    feKqkxf.jpg

My blog: ning's backlog
    Don't forget the forum rules are on the forum- go find 'em!
  • Options
    So he'll be back? Excellent! Can't wait to play tonight. I really want to experience a vampire attack.
    Thank you, @Jeansoo

Yes he played computer all through the night when he visited my house in his real face at first time and he had returned home, then next night, he was appeared in his dark form for hunting my sims.
  • Options
    snootypatootysnootypatooty Posts: 499 Member
    edited March 2017
    Every one of you have it so wrong study of vampire lore is to help you defend for normal or grow stronger if your already a vamp and NO it does not start a vamp radar how totally silly. Vlad will come to all normal sims it's what the game tells him to do. spread a lot of garlic braids or wreaths around your house that stops attacks or better yet set your house trait to private residence that works totally. If you don't read the lore you won't learn how to make the garlic items
    The mind will ever be unstable that has only prejudices to rest on, and the current will run with destructive fury when there are no barriers to break its force.
    My website bit.ly/185bQS My Chat website bit.ly/1NiCwCb My Blog bit.ly/OuqF0Y
  • Options
    Tanja1986Tanja1986 Posts: 1,237 Member
    edited March 2017
    There is a way to protect against the nightly attacks, which does not include garlic BTW. The attacks are set to happen between 11 PM - 3 AM that means if you send your Sims to bed at this time it can happen, usually in my game it starts happening at around 2:15 - 2:45 for whatever reason. But that's it, if your Sims are awake during this window, the vampire just does not come inside! Or the event does not get triggered! If your sim is awake and it is already triggered, the vampire will leave without the attack!

EDIT: not reading the lore and starting to get the skill does still trigger the first night attack which usually is done by Vlad, unless you added other vampires such as the trailer vampires! The first night attack is scripted and happens with any household that was NOT introduced officially to vampires yet! After this initial tutorial so to speak Vlad won't come back, I never saw a vampire attack twice in my game. At least not from the same vampire. But I also added the other's from the trailers, so the game apparently has more to choose from.
  • Options
    calaprfycalaprfy Posts: 3,927 Member
    Last night, one of my sims woke up with the "bitten by a vampire" uncomfortable moodlet, yet no vampire had visited!

Work that one out!
  • Options
    calaprfy wrote: »
    Last night, one of my sims woke up with the "bitten by a vampire" uncomfortable moodlet, yet no vampire had visited!

Work that one out!

Yes the vampires are not allowed to drink while the human sims have that uncomfortable moodlet. It lasts long for 12 hrs. :)

• Options

Work that one out!

Yes the vampires are not allowed to drink while the human sims have that uncomfortable moodlet. It lasts long for 12 hrs. :)

No, my sim went to bed fine yet woke up the next morning uncomfortable from a vampire bite, yet no vampire had visited to bite him in the first place! I'm certain of that because I kept an eye out for vampire break-ins throughout the night.

• Options
    edited March 2017

Work that one out!

No, my sim went to bed fine yet woke up the next morning uncomfortable from a vampire bite, yet no vampire had visited to bite him in the first place! I'm certain of that because I kept an eye out for vampire break-ins throughout the night.

Oh I thought your sim had been bitten by a vamp the day before yesterday and he got that moodlet from it. Could be a good bug. :)
  • Options
    GoldenBuffyGoldenBuffy Posts: 4,025 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I know about the garlic garlands and wreaths, but I'm curious: Does anyone know if carrying garlic in a Sim's inventory will ward off vampires? Or does the game not really recognize it in a Sim's inventory?

Where are they? I searched all of the catalog and can't find them! Last night was the first time I've played since installing the vamps, and I downloaded a mod that is supposed to keep all vampires in SH, but Vlad showed up. He walked into my sims house - I thought they needed to be invited in? - and he woke my sim up and drank from him.

Now I'm scared to play because I don't want them to go to sleep, knowing that they can be visited at any time to be feed upon. I need that garlic or something to keep those pesky vamps at bay.
    epngF25.png
    It's up to Nancy!
    My YouTube!

• Options
    Vampires still occasionally visit my two sims in their apartment in the city and these are the findings...

- neither of the sims has researched vampires
    - the vampires that break in are the vampires that I've chosen to exist in-game
    - each sim has a garlic wreath (made by another sim who researched vampires) above their bed. This blocks any attacks.
    - if a sim is awake throughout the night (excluding butlers), an attack won't happen
  • Options
    Caro_robinsonCaro_robinson Posts: 39 Member
    My sim has been visited 4 times. At the time of the first visit she hadn't
    - read about vampires
    - befriended a vampire
    - been to Vladislaus house or the world he lives in

It's really annoying, and my sim doesn't have the time to reach a high level in Vampire Lore.
    LWHiORO.png
  • Options
    MoneMAmmaMoneMAmma Posts: 1 New Member
    I got a visit from the vamp the same night as I talked to another sim about the vampires. The day after I bought garlicseed and planted them in the appartment. I read about the vamps on the internet and bought the books about them. The night after I ate a few garlics and made the garlands and put some garlics around in my appartment. And I also started locking my doors from visitors. Have not seen the vampire again after this, dont know if any of this really helps others but it did help me :)
  • Options
    CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i had a human sim living with my vampire sim for a little while and a vampire would occassionally visit to drink from the human. I would always use my vampire to interrupt the attacking vampire and command him to clean my house or something lol.
    although that's a fun solution, but I don't know if theres any surefire way of fighting off the attacks other than preventing them with garlic stuff.
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • Options
    RamblineRoseRamblineRose Posts: 814 Member
    I finally bought the GP and am loving the vampires didn't think I would but do. I am playing a legacy and have turned all but two of the family and will leave them alone. My 4th gen is a writer she is behaving rather evil all though she isn't but she is fun. She likes to break into sleeping sims homes and have a little drink. Her teen daughter is not that way she has been turned. Maybe we should adopt. We have butler to feast off of and the maid.