Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to defense from vampire attack?

Comments

• Options
    BlueR0seBlueR0se Posts: 1,595 Member
    Jeansoo wrote: »
    My sims live in FH and never have vampires come at night, they are just normal sims, do we have to read up about them for them to come visit my sims don't have garlic up either.

Yes the moment my sim started to search for the vampire secret, that vampire recognized the location of my house. Vladislaus vampire can teleport anywhere with vampiric ability. I activated him for a minute this morning just before going into my sim family, he was actually the Grand Master Vampire which is on top level. I built a basement without stairs but it was easy for him to move. And I also learned that you shouldn't invite him inside when his first visit, then you will be safe from vampire. They are able to break into home since getting welcome invitation from the house owner. The Sims 4 vampires are a lot more dangerous and powerful than the Sims 3 ones. You better not command your sim family look up or find about any vampire stuff.

Reminds me of Vampire Diaries. Vamps can't come in unless they're invited/given permission by the owner.

Is it just vlad that comes over to visit or any vamp?
  • Options
    JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
    edited January 2017
    @BlueR0se Vladi was standing for a few hours when he visited my house at first while my sims were in sleep. He was still standing in front of front door after my sims got up at 5 am. So I've never imagined my sim would be his target for blood hunt after inviting him in. The reason he was waiting for a couple of hours is I guess he was not able to get in without my sim's permission.
  • Options
    millerolsenmillerolsen Posts: 629 Member
    He can't kill you but if you don't like him use garlic or just tell him to leave.
    moss

• Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    JRBear wrote: »
    I think you need garlic?

I think someone should make a guide for Defense Against the Dark Sim Arts. We can add to it with the other occults that come out. ;)

Thanks. I don't mean I don't want vampires. If EA made vampire pack, then they also should make the way to protect human sims too. I found the garlic plant in the vampire village but there was no garlic on plant yet. I tried to take cut, but actually, there's a bug for graft it on the plant in home lot, so I couldn't get the garlic yet. Also I don't know why I can't use the plasma pack for giving away to the vampires.

Buy the book the from the vampire secrets website. Once you learn how to make garlic wreaths etc. you won't be bothered anymore. But you have to learn that from the book first. I think that is a very special extra in this GP (to me). I can imagine on the road to the pass..that little pub with garlic everywhere. :D ETA: my Sim caught garlic while fishing in the new Forgotten Hollow. Then I could plant it, but the option is on the round planter in game as far as I know or maybe I had to wait until she actually fished out garlic. There are some garlic bushes in FH, too.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    He can't kill you but if you don't like him use garlic or just tell him to leave.

I found 'ask to leave' interaction when my sims invited him in his first visit. But I didn't have much information about vampires at that time, I've never imaged my sims would be his target after my sims allowed him in. Since that time, I have never seen 'ask to leave' interaction on him. Yeah I hung lots of garlic decorations all over my house, he even didn't visit tonight. :D
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Cinebar wrote: »
    I think you need garlic?

I think someone should make a guide for Defense Against the Dark Sim Arts. We can add to it with the other occults that come out. ;)

Thanks. I don't mean I don't want vampires. If EA made vampire pack, then they also should make the way to protect human sims too. I found the garlic plant in the vampire village but there was no garlic on plant yet. I tried to take cut, but actually, there's a bug for graft it on the plant in home lot, so I couldn't get the garlic yet. Also I don't know why I can't use the plasma pack for giving away to the vampires.

Buy the book the from the vampire secrets website. Once you learn how to make garlic wreaths etc. you won't be bothered anymore. But you have to learn that from the book first. I think that is a very special extra in this GP (to me). I can imagine on the road to the pass..that little pub with garlic everywhere. :D ETA: my Sim caught garlic while fishing in the new Forgotten Hollow. Then I could plant it, but the option is on the round planter in game as far as I know or maybe I had to wait until she actually fished out garlic. There are some garlic bushes in FH, too.

Yeah tonight, he didn't visit and my sims were able to complete the vampire lore skill eventually! :) My house is surrounded by all garlic decorations. :D I'm currently looking after 4 households in town, now it's time to turn my another single man into a vampire. I'm going to start a real vampire life with him. :)
  • Options
    I think you need garlic?

Yeah tonight, he didn't visit and my sims were able to complete the vampire lore skill eventually! :) My house is surrounded by all garlic decorations. :D I'm currently looking after 4 households in town, now it's time to turn my another single man into a vampire. I'm going to start a real vampire life with him. :)

That's great it worked! See, I look at vampires creeping at your house the same as the burglar in the past. We had to either get up and fight him/her or call the police. Same difference to me. And sometimes the thing you just bought got taken. Good times since the games are so darn easy to make money no cares if they steal the TV, thus no burglars anymore no one would care if they showed up to rip off the tub. lol But at last in this GP you have a remedy to keep away Sims you don't want near your Sims.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    @Cinebar Yes the burglar turned into vampires in the sims 4. LOL. But maybe...it would be you for tonight as I see your avatar and what you said on bottom line, I support Vampires. Please be gentle for me. Your teeth are still scaring. :D
  • Options
    GabbryroseGabbryrose Posts: 839 Member
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I know about the garlic garlands and wreaths, but I'm curious: Does anyone know if carrying garlic in a Sim's inventory will ward off vampires? Or does the game not really recognize it in a Sim's inventory?

No. Vampires don't detect garlic in their inventory. My vampire sim has it in her inventory from when she was a human but it never affects her like it does if it's in the room. I was actually disappointed in this, I really thought that it would be as if it was in her pocket and would make her sick.

• Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    Hello. Do I have to ask to be turned then or do the vampires break in your house and bite you to turn you?
  • Options
    hmae123hmae123 Posts: 1,912 Member
    Garlic is very effective. I had my vamp plant some so she could make the sun elixir and when she harvested it she couldn't feed for several hours some just smelling the garlic, if you have your sim hang it on the door it should keep vamps at bay. You can order it from the planter.
  • Options
    JestinaJestina Posts: 1,609 Member
    Some big UV lamps would solve the vampire intruder problem.
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    Hello. Do I have to ask to be turned then or do the vampires break in your house and bite you to turn you?

Vampires will not turn any sim. You must ask.
  • Options
    EvieSunshineEvieSunshine Posts: 133 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

Thank you.

• Options
    dizzydee_kdizzydee_k Posts: 475 Member
    If you have CL the lot trait "Private Dwelling" SEEMS to keep vampires from entering a lot. The walk up and down the street outside, but don't seem to come onto the lot.

On the other hand the household I'm playing right is a half alien family and I think vampires and alien don't mix. So maybe that's why they don't enter the lot.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    My Sim has garlic immunity >:)
  • Options
    Dannydanbo wrote: »

It turns out that if you have a high relationship with a vampire they can request to turn you. You still have to accept before you will actually be turned, but they can offer it up to you.

• Options
    Gabbryrose wrote: »
    Ayradyss wrote: »
    I know about the garlic garlands and wreaths, but I'm curious: Does anyone know if carrying garlic in a Sim's inventory will ward off vampires? Or does the game not really recognize it in a Sim's inventory?

No. Vampires don't detect garlic in their inventory. My vampire sim has it in her inventory from when she was a human but it never affects her like it does if it's in the room. I was actually disappointed in this, I really thought that it would be as if it was in her pocket and would make her sick.

Also, I saw a post from @SimGuruNinja in another thread that confirms that they CAN actually get sick from garlic in a sim's inventory. I'm thinking that maybe it doesn't bother them in their own inventory (or I'm experiencing a bug!) but they should get the bad moodlets if they are near a sim with garlic in their inventory. Apologies for the mix-up!
  • Options
    IstalriiIstalrii Posts: 76 Member
    Never even thought about whether reading the vampire lore would attract vampires. I mean, it makes sense. Even if it would be better to have a way to turn it off, it seems like a cool addition.
  • Options
    @Cinebar Yes the burglar turned into vampires in the sims 4. LOL. But maybe...it would be you for tonight as I see your avatar and what you said on bottom line, I support Vampires. Please be gentle for me. Your teeth are still scaring. :D

One of my other Sims was finally visited by a vampire that old man Vlad. He came to her door (she lives in a tiny cabin in WB in the woods not the island) creepy....I filmed it outside the door. So she was talking to him thru the door. lol I thought smart girl! Don't let in strangers. He must have told her who he was because the door finally opened and he went in. Later, when she went to bed he crept into her house I was like OMG, how creepy! I love it! He bit her, and then the message from him was it would take more than a few garlic (she had some growing outside her door but didn't have enough to make a wreath etc.) that was freaking hilarious. :p
  • Options
    Istalrii wrote: »
    Never even thought about whether reading the vampire lore would attract vampires. I mean, it makes sense. Even if it would be better to have a way to turn it off, it seems like a cool addition.
    I strongly agree with you. If my sim wouldn't search for the vampire secret on computer, Vladi wouldn't visit him.

• Options
    edited January 2017

One of my other Sims was finally visited by a vampire that old man Vlad. He came to her door (she lives in a tiny cabin in WB in the woods not the island) creepy....I filmed it outside the door. So she was talking to him thru the door. lol I thought smart girl! Don't let in strangers. He must have told her who he was because the door finally opened and he went in. Later, when she went to bed he crept into her house I was like OMG, how creepy! I love it! He bit her, and then the message from him was it would take more than a few garlic (she had some growing outside her door but didn't have enough to make a wreath etc.) that was freaking hilarious. :p

Yeah I shouldn't have invited Vlad in when his first visit, then he wouldn't be able to sneak in without my permission. I worried about only a few garlic wouldn't affect Vald. So I put many garlic decorations in indoor, then over 5 garlic plants in the back garden. :D It worked!

I tested this with another my vampire sim how strong the garlic are.

1.png

Garlic!

2.png

Oh no strange smell from somewhere

3.png

He is very uncomfortable.
    He is my another main active single household.
    He is staying at his friend's house.

7.png

Oh another garlic!!

8.png

Garlic!!!

9.png

Garlic!!!!

10.png

My sims planted 2 plasma fruit tree in the back garden near garlic plants.
    Would the vampires be able to get the fruit? :D
    Post edited by Jeansoo on
  • Options
    Duke_DarkwoodDuke_Darkwood Posts: 59 Member
    Welp. I got one person keen on vampirism, and started studying (lore's at 2; I could order a tome but haven't yet); haven't had any visitations yet, but this thread is going to be fair warning. I'm not sure yet if I'll make her a vampire, but the guy she's gonna hook up with when they age up, I'm definitely going to have turned.
  • Options
    bandcampsquirrelbandcampsquirrel Posts: 2,187 Member
    I strongly agree with you. If my sim wouldn't search for the vampire secret on computer, Vladi wouldn't visit him.

I had one break into my house, the first night she was there and she didn't read about the vampire lore or anything. He has came two nights in a row and I can't keep him out.
  • Options
    edited February 2017

I had one break into my house, the first night she was there and she didn't read about the vampire lore or anything. He has came two nights in a row and I can't keep him out.

Is he a premade sim from Forgotten Hallow? In case of Vlad, he waited until my sim invited in on the first night. Maybe Caleb? If you don't want any vampire attack, harvest some garlic from Forgotten Hallow, then plant that in front of your house. And one more thing, just a create a basement without door and stairs. When the vampire comes, command,'testingcheats true', then teleport your family into the basement. They won't be able to contact your family.