Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is there a way to defense from vampire attack?

JeansooJeansoo Posts: 3,606 Member
I got the vampire pack today and installed it. My sims are living in New Crest at the moment, they found 'vampire's secret' on computer,I was very curious about it. I let them study it, then there was Bladisauraus??? visitor during at 2 am to 3 am while sleeping. He was waiting for the answer, I shouldn't have to answer. At first time, he acted being gentle and good, but my sim found he had 'evil' trait. That vampire started to target my sims every night wherever my sims were. He visited my lot for 3 nights, so I can't do anything although my sim's vampire lore skill is 8. Next night, I let my sims workout in the gym at San Myshuno. Suddenly, I heard evil laughing from somewhere. I had a look around the gym and he was there.

I searched on internet, and read about all vampire lore skill levels. I thought I was able to throw the plasma pack to the vampire, but no interaction anywhere. I see only, "place in world', 'clean up'. That's all. I left one plasma pack on the counter but the vampire even didn't give any attention. He made my sim dazed in game, I let him use the rocketship to keep my sim safe, but the vampire waited until my sim landed and sucked him straightaway. It's quite annoying. I don't want to turn my sims into vampire occult.

Comments

• Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    I think you need garlic?

I think someone should make a guide for Defense Against the Dark Sim Arts. We can add to it with the other occults that come out. ;)
  • Options
    JRBear wrote: »
    I think you need garlic?

I think someone should make a guide for Defense Against the Dark Sim Arts. We can add to it with the other occults that come out. ;)

Thanks. I don't mean I don't want vampires. If EA made vampire pack, then they also should make the way to protect human sims too. I found the garlic plant in the vampire village but there was no garlic on plant yet. I tried to take cut, but actually, there's a bug for graft it on the plant in home lot, so I couldn't get the garlic yet. Also I don't know why I can't use the plasma pack for giving away to the vampires.

• Options
    LaBlue0314LaBlue0314 Posts: 17,436 Member
    I know that vampires really really hate garlic big time. Also once your sim gets up to skill 15 in Vampire Lore they will learn how to create something that will cure a vampire. My sim just completed all 15 skills, but in her case it was to make her a more powerful vampire.
  • Options
    JRBearJRBear Posts: 190 Member
    Maybe there is a protection potion higher up in lore, too.
  • Options
    LaBlue0314 wrote: »
    I know that vampires really really hate garlic big time. Also once your sim gets up to skill 15 in Vampire Lore they will learn how to create something that will cure a vampire. My sim just completed all 15 skills, but in her case it was to make her a more powerful vampire.

Yes I was going to finish that skill quickly but the vampire's visit was way to early. :(

• Options
    JRBear wrote: »
    Maybe there is a protection potion higher up in lore, too.

Yeah I read that on web but my sims are still only 8 level. I'm just looking for a way anything I can stop being target from vampires in lower skill level. Anyway, now I built a basement under the house. I'm going to try to teleport my sims to the basement until my sims complete the lore skill. Thanks for helping.:)
  • Options
    ZeoZeo Posts: 9 New Member
    You need to make a protection with garlic, but I have the same problem as you, I found the plant but they don't spawn! Also I become targeted every night, It's rather annoying =(
  • Options
    MettsenMettsen Posts: 185 Member
    You can order garlic seeds from any pc. My sim is currently growing a couple of plants to be able to make some vampire protection.
  • Options
    Pandasim2Pandasim2 Posts: 34 Member
    I don't know where to post this but my Sims has the master vampire aspiration but it says I need to defeat 3 vampires and I can't figure it out. I have no option to fight, spar fuel or anything like that. My sim is a grand master with all skills maxed. Any help would be appreciated.
  • Options
    LoveMcQueen5683LoveMcQueen5683 Posts: 3,689 Member
    Aww thats actually cool that they hunt you down lol

I don't think they can autonomously turn you into a vampire. They just want your blood
    LR3g0ni.jpg
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    edited January 2017
    Pandasim2 wrote: »
    I don't know where to post this but my Sims has the master vampire aspiration but it says I need to defeat 3 vampires and I can't figure it out. I have no option to fight, spar fuel or anything like that. My sim is a grand master with all skills maxed. Any help would be appreciated.

Hello.
    The spar option should be under the friendly interactions options . Try using that and see if that helps.
  • Options
    Pandasim2Pandasim2 Posts: 34 Member
    Once you harvest the garlic you can make garlic garlands and wreaths to keep vampires away. And FYI, teen vampires apparently can't spar.
  • Options
    SimGuruNinjaSimGuruNinja Posts: 992 SimGuru
    there is also a vampire resistance cocktail
  • Options
    DannydanboDannydanbo Posts: 18,057 Member
    I vote freeze ray.
  • Options
    pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I vote freeze ray.
    Wait that is awesome idea to have a vampire in the scientist career LOL

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • Options
    AyradyssAyradyss Posts: 910 Member
    I know about the garlic garlands and wreaths, but I'm curious: Does anyone know if carrying garlic in a Sim's inventory will ward off vampires? Or does the game not really recognize it in a Sim's inventory?
    Pay for product -- not potential!
  • Options
    Zeo wrote: »
    You need to make a protection with garlic, but I have the same problem as you, I found the plant but they don't spawn! Also I become targeted every night, It's rather annoying =(
    I got an idea for it. I'm going to activate that vampire household while every night comes and let them stop going around town, and just let them drink plasma stuff for filling their thirsts, and then go back to my active family in the morning until my real family is ready to protect themselves. Only this is the best way that I can get out of the nasty visitors.

• Options
    edited January 2017
    @Mettsen Thanks, I will order them as soon as going back to my active household.:)
    @LoveMcQueen5683 I know but I don't want to offer my sim family's precious fresh tasty blood for the rude visitor. :D
    @Pandasim2 How long does it take until become harvestable?
    @SimGuruNinja My sim is currently having too low lore skill for making that but he would be able to make it, if he reaches that level.
    @Dannydanbo That's awesome! I can change my sim's job to the scientist from politician career.
    @Ayradyss Yes I'm curious about this too.:D Maybe I can test today. :)
  • Options
    secretuk1965secretuk1965 Posts: 5,341 Member
    My sims live in FH and never have vampires come at night, they are just normal sims, do we have to read up about them for them to come visit my sims don't have garlic up either.
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My sims live in FH and never have vampires come at night, they are just normal sims, do we have to read up about them for them to come visit my sims don't have garlic up either.

Yes the moment my sim started to search for the vampire secret, that vampire recognized the location of my house. Vladislaus vampire can teleport anywhere with vampiric ability. I activated him for a minute this morning just before going into my sim family, he was actually the Grand Master Vampire which is on top level. I built a basement without stairs but it was easy for him to move. And I also learned that you shouldn't invite him inside when his first visit, then you will be safe from vampire. They are able to break into home since getting welcome invitation from the house owner. The Sims 4 vampires are a lot more dangerous and powerful than the Sims 3 ones. You better not command your sim family look up or find about any vampire stuff.
  • Options
    papersuitcasepapersuitcase Posts: 838 Member
    edited January 2017
    I might have bought this pack if there was a better way to fend off vampires but putting up garlic doesn't really do it for me so I'm passing. I would have wanted to play a normal family among vamps, fighting evil etc. I don't see much in this pack for me since I wouldn't actually play the vamps. I also don't like how sexualized these vampires are. The feeding animation and the moaning was weirding me out while watching lets plays. I don't want to see that in my sim town, lol.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    Dannydanbo wrote: »
    I vote freeze ray.
    Wait that is awesome idea to have a vampire in the scientist career LOL

Anybody gonna clone Vlad?
  • Options
    cherid87120cherid87120 Posts: 2,823 Member
    I am finding if you invite them in, you will get them. Your Sim read about Vampires on the computer, then bam, they are going to shos up. I changed my Sims aspiration in San M. to Vampire Family and bam, vampire showed up, drank from her.

My family in Oasis Springs has not seen a vampire because I have done nothing regarding vampires. I haven't searched on the computer or haven't changed their aspirations.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    I am finding if you invite them in, you will get them. Your Sim read about Vampires on the computer, then bam, they are going to shos up. I changed my Sims aspiration in San M. to Vampire Family and bam, vampire showed up, drank from her.

My family in Oasis Springs has not seen a vampire because I have done nothing regarding vampires. I haven't searched on the computer or haven't changed their aspirations.

Which is exactly what they said. Player driven.