Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Option to disable vampires?

Comments

• LuvMySimzLuvMySimz Posts: 642 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »
    LuvMySimz wrote: »
    @Vraie I love the Vampires and I played with the Vatores and Vlad. After a month or so I kinda lost the touch and went back playing with my other non Vampire families. Haven't really played with them since, and in my game up to this day I never had any Vampire attacks, and they never came into my houses without being invited. They do, as you've said, come by knock the door, come in (if you invite them in) and chat for a while and leave. I also have a female Vampire Butler who was turned by Vlad. She is a very nice Vampire Butler working in a non Vampire family, and what I find very amusing about her is that whenever she come to work and get hungry she just open the fridge and grabs herself a plasma bag :) I have plasma bags in all of my non Vampire familes fridges just in case ;)

That's almost identical to my own experience since the Vampires came out - except for the butler part. At most I might run into vamps at the clubs and they dance , converse, and are pretty much like any other sim. No issues at all. I never invite any into my non-vampire household though and they never come in or break in. I never see the issues some people here complain of with them. All I can think is perhaps at some point they invited them in - which you can never do or they will keep coming back and break in. My sims even have a few good friends with vamps - one even is falling in love with one - he only visits her at her house, she never comes to his house, or if she does he does not ever invite her in. It's the way it works best for me. But in my longest save game - that I play the most my vamps all live in friendly accord with their non-vamp friends.

I do keep plasma bags in all my vamps inventory as well as the plasma fruit. Not sure if that makes a difference or not.

Well, the played Vampires all do have plasma bags in their inventory, but for non played Vamps I thought to put plasma bags in fridges of played non vamp families just in case, and I guess it does make a difference. Most of my Sims are friends with the Vatores and Vlad and I do invite them in and still I never had any night visits or attacks. In clubs they are just like you said, acting like normal Sims. Before I deleted CityLiving, I had lots of NPC Vamps everywhere, not anymore.
    „ - Criticism may not be agreeable, but it's sometimes necessary - “

• VraieVraie Posts: 196 Member
    edited November 2017
    It genuinely sounds as though if you play the vampires some then you get less attacks. It's sort of ironic that by trying to not embrace the vampire element of the game, the game is pushing it harder. I strongly suggest everyone who doesn't like vampires goes and makes the Vatore and Vlad's house played households or put in a vamp family of your own that is played in the hollow and then go back to doing whatever you enjoy doing and see what happens.

I actually invite vampire sims into my home when they come by. Even Vlad, he's never attacked anyone. I wish I had more random vampire attacks. I have had one, ever, and I have a dynasty of about 20 vampires now living in close proximity to my human dynasty. That one vampire had the evil trait, the mean trait, the insane trait and all the negative stuff from childhood and she still only ever attacked ONCE ever. None of the others are interested in autonomously invading homes or biting sims.

My vampires and my humans are also interrelated in places which throws them into really close proximity to one another, but nothing bad happens even then. Recently two human sims got married. The groom grew up in a household with a vampire aunt and cousin and they were invited to the wedding with the human sister (parents have died) and the human inlaws. Everyone just had a wedding party. In fact, the bride and the vampire cousin are now friends! When they got home, the bride got a message from another two members of the vampire clan...not to ask her to be turned or anything like that but to congratulate her on her wedding. The reason being that they all played together as kids in the kids' club and so they are still in touch. And I think because the game recognises them as 'friends' or 'acquaintances' it is less interested in making them 'prey'. I suspect also giving your vampire the 'guilty drinker' trait probably also discourages attacks, although only a few of my sims have this trait and I still don't get random attacks happening, so maybe it is more about the relationship stat.

In short, avoiding vampires makes more vampire problems. Resistance appears to indeed be futile.

I didn't know all that had happened with the aliens :/. I would be really angry too if I was one of the people who bought the pack and then lost the alien functionality. I loved aliens in Sims 2. I set up one of the first alien legacy projects in Sims 2, to breed alien generations with blond and red hair and I genuinely loved playing them. I still remember that most of them were named after Egyptian gods and goddesses and this goes back to more than 10 years ago now. I loved the Sims 2 aliens most of all supernaturals, and I have debated getting the GTW pack but I don't want it if abductions hardly ever/don't happen any more. I don't want to create aliens in CAS, if they aren't in game born random projects I'm not interested in them. The genetics across generations and such is one thing I miss from TS2 so if the traditional alien play is largely removed, I'll probably not get the pack.

I think if I had bought it (for aliens) and then that had happened, I would have probably written EA a complainy letter demanding a refund as the EPs aren't cheap and it's changing the rules of the game after the game is installed, which to me shouldn't happen unless it's to fix an actual bug.

It's a shame aliens weren't a GP like Vampires. EA were right to do Vampires this way...I really hope it stays that way and that the bug for vampires and their perks in the patch is an accident that will soon be fixed.

• KJBKJB Posts: 173 Member
    Vampires is the only GP I don't have. It looks cool, but I don't want any vamps in my save. It'd be nice if I could turn it off in one save and use in the others. Still gonna buy it eventually because the bundle comes with Kids Room SP and Backyard Stuff.

I don't care about the aliens, they've done nothing for me. I've only made one and just forgot about her. Different sims have been abducted a few times in my game, no big deal. Only seen 2 NPC aliens, deleted them for room for human sims. And once my sim discovered he had sex with an alien, pretty cool/funny.
    If vampires were like aliens, then the pack would be good for me.
    0G9Un6T.gif
  • AmySims09AmySims09 Posts: 1,227 Member
    rjssim wrote: »
    If I can recall, I think there was an option to disable these kinds of things in the Sims 3. Is there an option to disable vampires so that we can use the new content and world but without the fantasy stuff like special powers etc?

I read on a review site that once you purchase vampires you have vampires. Like can't turn them off.
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    If I can recall, I think there was an option to disable these kinds of things in the Sims 3. Is there an option to disable vampires so that we can use the new content and world but without the fantasy stuff like special powers etc?

True but the sims 4 sadly does not offer options to disable.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

• AshkirAshkir Posts: 63 New Member
    So wait. If I buy the Vampires pack, they're enabled in my world even if I choose not to play one? I like the idea sometimes, but not all the time!
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Ashkir wrote: »
    So wait. If I buy the Vampires pack, they're enabled in my world even if I choose not to play one? I like the idea sometimes, but not all the time!

Yes you will have vampires in every save even if you don't want them. That is my main problem with the pack.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    AmySims09 wrote: »

I read on a review site that once you purchase vampires you have vampires. Like can't turn them off.

In the sims 3, you could disable the creation of new npc vampires/stopping random townies from becoming supernaturals. You'd still have the presets supernaturals in your game, but the game stopped turning randoms into supernaturals or celebrities. So it wasn't really a disable x lifestate but more of stopping the game from creating more by changing townies.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • FelicityFelicity Posts: 4,979 Member
    Well, if you're willing to use mods, there is this. It's new and I haven't used it, but it may be perfect for people who want the stuff in the pack but don't want to actually meet vampires every save.

http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=603329
  • ldmarkoldmarko Posts: 5,487 Member
    marcel21 wrote: »

If I remember right, vampires were added with Late Night, but the option didn't come until much later when the Supernatural pack came out. So there's still a chance they could add it.
    Gallery ID: LDM2
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    edited November 2017
    Sims 3 could use toggles and switches with out breaking saves - the Devs said the Sims 4 cannot. So if you don't want vamps - best to not buy the pack made just for adding Vamps. Also right now any deleting of any Sims in the game since the new patch is breaking games - so not a good idea to delete any sims or use mods that delete any. The Devs warn against that.

Here's a thread about it:

http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/929051/game-breaking-error-caused-by-deleting-households-122-70c7f9a6-9c7f491f

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

• LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Vraie wrote: »
    It genuinely sounds as though if you play the vampires some then you get less attacks. It's sort of ironic that by trying to not embrace the vampire element of the game, the game is pushing it harder.

That explains why I've had 3 vampire invasions in my game so far. Only three and I bought the GP in the release date! So you can see how it's a ridiculously rare occurence in my game. It makes sense, I'm going to run some tests next time I play.

I honestly don't understand what's this fuss about, don't we have garlic? Just make a braid or grab one in the debug catalog, stick it on a wall and problem solved. They gave us the means to stop vampires, go use it.

• LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    Livinity wrote: »
    It genuinely sounds as though if you play the vampires some then you get less attacks. It's sort of ironic that by trying to not embrace the vampire element of the game, the game is pushing it harder.

That explains why I've had 3 vampire invasions in my game so far. Only three and I bought the GP in the release date! So you can see how it's a ridiculously rare occurence in my game. It makes sense, I'm going to run some tests next time I play.

I honestly don't understand what's this fuss about, don't we have garlic? Just make a braid or grab one in the debug catalog, stick it on a wall and problem solved. They gave us the means to stop vampires, go use it.

Garlic doesn't stop the attacks in my game unless I use a lot of it in every single room. I tried putting one wreath by the front door, but the vampires still come into the house.
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • LivinityLivinity Posts: 455 Member
    Livinity wrote: »

Garlic doesn't stop the attacks in my game unless I use a lot of it in every single room. I tried putting one wreath by the front door, but the vampires still come into the house.

Garlics are bugged with the last patch? Because just one braid at the entrance/back door is enough since all it takes is to get the vampires near it once and they won't be able to drink for the rest of the night. And of course they would still visit, but if they can't drink I don't see why it should be problematic.
  • MellonuialMellonuial Posts: 47 Member
    Garlic has lost it's power? Fantastic. Was the attacking Vampire an NPC with Garlic Immunity? That might explain it. Or do we have yet another bug...

My mortal Sims are magnets for vampire attacks (I am a rotational player, not a legacy player. Maybe that has something to do with it?), so I use a variety tricks to protect them. The best way to ward off attacks is to lock your Sims' doors, especially bedroom doors. Since the Vampires only break in at night, they will abort an attempt if a Sim in the household is awake, but if everyone is asleep, the Vampire will enter, hence garlic and locked doors. If the intended prey is inside a locked bedroom, the Vampire can mesmerize the Sim, but not force the Sim to leave the room or gain entrance to finish the deed. You can also have your mortal Sims research Vampire Lore, and they will learn about plant ingredients for making Vampire Power Resistance Cocktails and the Vampire Cure. I've never used the cocktails, as the locked door option never fails (unless I want a Sim to be bitten and have another member of the household, usually a high ranking Vampire, step in and battle the intruder).

So there are ways to avoid the Vampires. I have entire mundane families that have never met a vampire or allowed Vlad into their homes. There are occasional attacks but locked doors and garlic work wonders. I don't need a "toggle" switch. Of course I purchased the game pack because I wanted the option of playing Sims as Vampires.....
    edited November 2017
    It genuinely sounds as though if you play the vampires some then you get less attacks. It's sort of ironic that by trying to not embrace the vampire element of the game, the game is pushing it harder. I strongly suggest everyone who doesn't like vampires goes and makes the Vatore and Vlad's house played households or put in a vamp family of your own that is played in the hollow and then go back to doing whatever you enjoy doing and see what happens.

I play the Vamps about as equal with the none supernatural sims and have never had a vamp bite any of my Sims. I also never have my natural sims invite any Vamp in. They keep their friendships out side of my normal sims houses. As ever inviting them in can also be an issue according to the book. Especially if one of your sims has a love interest with the vamp or good friend listing.

As for simmers who do not want to see vamps -
    Well - what would they really expect of a package all about nothing but vampires and where all the worlds are accessible. Unlike Sims 3. Sims 4 is not at all like Sims 3, But seeing Vamps in all worlds is what I expect when I buy such a pack, otherwise if someone doesn't want vampires they shouldn't purchase the pack made for simmers who do - is what I would suggest.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• Dreamie209Dreamie209 Posts: 3,165 Member
    edited December 2017
    I got the vampes as a gift that I never seen coming lol. I love decorating and there were a few items I could utilize. MCCC is a lifesaver <3. Since I can simply use "Humanize all Vampires" and I can still use the items and my son doesn't have to worry about seeing the vampires <3.

I think TwistedMexi came out with a toggle, but as far as I know it hasn't been updated.
    tumblr_p0kj4y5zKY1rz1zglo1_1280.png
    Fun Times, Cherished Memories, All under one Dream. Visit: The Dreamhouse and AbbyDreams
  • marcel21marcel21 Posts: 12,341 Member
    edited December 2017
    ldmarko wrote: »

If I remember right, vampires were added with Late Night, but the option didn't come until much later when the Supernatural pack came out. So there's still a chance they could add it.

True.
    Yes but the sims 4. Over 3 years and with still no options.
    Hopefully they do but I wouldn't hold me breath.
    Origin ID MichaelUKingdon

edited December 2017
    ldmarko wrote: »

True.
    Yes but the sims 4. Over 3 years and with still no options.
    Hopefully they do but I wouldn't hold me breath.

Ummm Vampires just came out this year.

By options if you mean toggles - well they told us after GTW with aliens in it the game can't take toggles - toggles break saves.

They said they can't change finished games like that in Sims 4 - but what - you want them to do that anyway so you have an option? They gave you an option by putting the supernatural into its own pack so if you did not want them - you don't buy/install the pack. It is very optional if you ask me. Even if someone gifts you the pack - if the pack is not your thing - don't install it. Lots of choice there.

But if the game can't use toggles - it can't use toggles. You have the option of all options.

In dreams - I LIVE!

• MagdaleenaMagdaleena Posts: 973 Member
    Mellonuial wrote: »
    (I am a rotational player, not a legacy player. Maybe that has something to do with it?)

That... probably might have a lot to do with it, actually?
    I'm mostly a legacy player at the moment, but most of the attacks I've experienced happened while I was playing some random household for a smaller amount of time - just dropping by, checking up on them, see how they were doing, deal with the things I wanted to happen in their lives real quick. Both times when this happened for me, it was also a fully mortal household.
    So.
    You might be onto something there.

And it seems like vampire powers are a bit bugged. My sloppy drinker is apparently good at drinking blood now; doesn't even need to feed off as many victims as he usually has to. What the heck.

lil_pixel_boys.png
    they/he
    simblr
  • halloweenchildhalloweenchild Posts: 1,534 Member
    edited December 2017
    Buying the Vampire Game Pack and then turning around and saying you want a toggle for the vampires, which btw is the theme of the pack is an oxymoron. That's why vampires came in their own separate pack, so that people who don't want the occult life-state in their realistic game can be happy. But then you say "Oh I wanted those build/buy/CAS options, but not the vampires." to which I reply "tough nuggets sweetheart, either learn to live with the vampires or just don't get the pack." it's a simple as that.
    I apologize if this sounds rude, it's just annoying when people harp on about wanting a toggle for the vampires.
    Give our Vampires back their fangs!!! Reverse the Nerf!!! Occult simmers should not be shoved aside for the "realism players"! It's time Occult lovers/players started to demand equal treatment. #JusticeForOccults
  • rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,337 Member
    edited December 2017
    Buying the Vampire Game Pack and then turning around and saying you want a toggle for the vampires, which btw is the theme of the pack is an oxymoron. That's why vampires came in their own separate pack, so that people who don't want the occult life-state in their realistic game can be happy. But then you say "Oh I wanted those build/buy/CAS options, but not the vampires." to which I reply "tough nuggets sweetheart, either learn to live with the vampires or just don't get the pack." it's a simple as that.
    I apologize if this sounds rude, it's just annoying when people harp on about wanting a toggle for the vampires.

Well, sometimes it does occur that people do like the stuff in the pack such as a new world to place new households, the new items, etc. Maybe some want to play two different types of games, one with vampires and one without. Is it really that offensive to you that players would like this kind of toggle option for those reasons? What about the people who just want to support the Sims team and the Sims franchise in general and don't even care about the pack? Yeah, what you said was quite rude, especially for those who appreciate and buy every DLC and game in this franchise but suggest something that would be nice to have.
    edited December 2017

Well, sometimes it does occur that people do like the stuff in the pack such as a new world to place new households, the new items, etc. Maybe some want to play two different types of games, one with vampires and one without. Is it really that offensive to you that players would like this kind of toggle option for those reasons? What about the people who just want to support the Sims team and the Sims franchise in general and don't even care about the pack? Yeah, what you said was quite rude, especially for those who appreciate and buy every DLC and game in this franchise but suggest something that would be nice to have.

BUT THE GAME cannot TAKE TOGGLES. THAT is why we are offended -those of us that wanted Vampire pack for our game for the Vampires and the Vampire world - that by the way is programmed to SPAWN 3 vampires - and not meant for mortals. We are offended because when GTW had aliens and some people put up a stink - those of us who loved the supernaturals and aliens - lost a lot of our play with these aliens because THE GAME cannot take TOGGLES - so they had to turn down the Alien play to appease the alien abduction haters instead. So that we did not have to go through that again - with the next supernaturals - the Vamps - Maxis decided to put the Vamps in their own pack - so people who did not want vamps did not get them by not getting the pack all about and FOR Vampires. So what do we now get is people wanting the Vampire stuff but not the vampires and again yelling toggles - that the game cannot take - so yes it is offensive as all the yelling over the Vampire pack is probably going to result in us losing some of the Vampires abilities in the game - (powers and behaviors) as they will have turn them down and make them as useless as the aliens. And we simply feel it is not fair for us to enjoy and pay for this pack to have everything it has just to have to worry about the "I want the vampire stuff but not the vamps" people who want this pack too but get our vamps turned down like they did our aliens.

What do they have to do so we supernatural lovers of the game get to have supernaturals as designed and not worry about them being made useless; have them make us packs with nothing in it at all related to the character just to have the characters? So yes we are offended seeing I have always enjoyed the supernatural side of the Sims since game 1. It is not OUR fault the game cannot take toggles - so why should we suffer our game play style because some don't like anything fantasy in the game, even when the devs bend over backwards to finally make us our own vampire pack.

ETA - There were no toggles in Sims 1 or 2 - and both games had plenty of supernaturals - and everyone got along with the games just as they were added in to all the eps. Odd no one had issues in those games and the supernaturals were every where in all saves and all towns. This was the sims after all. Why is it such a problem now - where as for 10-14 years there was no problem? That's what I don't get. It would not be the Sims without the supernaturals - they have always been in the game and no one ever had issues -

In dreams - I LIVE!

• NorthDakotaGamerNorthDakotaGamer Posts: 2,559 Member
    @Writin_Reg

The game can take toggles, especially since a modder was able to make one at one point. That modder has just not updated that mod yet. The game developers are just too lazy to code it in.
    edited December 2017
    @Writin_Reg

The game can take toggles, especially since a modder was able to make one at one point. That modder has just not updated that mod yet. The game developers are just too lazy to code it in.

Not according to the devs. They said ingame toggles broke the saves. And why they had to resort to turning down the alien abductions and behaviors. They even said they had not found a way around that.

You have to keep in mind they cannot do anything that will purposely break the game. Keep in mind an external added switch is not the same thing as a programmed in switch - and why a modder can do that but not the devs. Modders have nothing to lose to break you game but the people who make the game have a lot to lose (legally) if they purposely sold you an addition that created a game breaking problem.

You cannot go by what modders do and believe the game is capable of having the devs do it too. Big difference. If a modder breaks your game - it's an OH well minute - just like all the mods that broke games after the last big patch. So devs cannot mod the game - they have to make internal changes to the programming that updates with every update - unlike modders.

But just because a modder does something does not mean it is doable in the programming and up- date able.

But if you believe the devs are wrong - because a modder did it - why are you telling me - tell them. That's where I got the info when they explained why they had to turn down aliens instead of adding a toggle. Believe me if they had toggles I would not be having my aliens affected and be happy.

In dreams - I LIVE!