Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Option to disable vampires?

If I can recall, I think there was an option to disable these kinds of things in the Sims 3. Is there an option to disable vampires so that we can use the new content and world but without the fantasy stuff like special powers etc?

Comments

• ernesdoernesdo Posts: 1,476 Member
    edited January 2017
    You could delete the vampires in the world? No more should generate~

Edit: the comments below leave me to believe I'm wrong :( good luck to everyone looking for a solution!
    Post edited by ernesdo on
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    No option to toggle them off. I'm waiting to hear from people playing normal families if they get a lot of visits from vampires or whether they are just 'there' in the background.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

From what I understand, deleting the NPCs will not help. More will generate.

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    From what I understand, deleting the NPCs will not help. More will generate.

For specific roles, we were told.

I suspect that Deaderpool will add something to MCCC to limit Vamp turnout like he does Alien turnout, but that might depend on how many people ask for it. He might just decide that he'd rather not maintain that for a pack actually called Vampires.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
    edited January 2017
    So if you kill off the Grand Master, a new one will generate because the game pack relies on that NPC to turn sims.

• rjssimrjssim Posts: 1,335 Member
    Dang, I am interested in the new world and game items, but I want to keep my gameplay realistic and not fantasy. It's hard enough with the aliens, but who knows maybe there are ETS out there, controversial, but vampires are 100% fantasy.
  • gamekittengamekitten Posts: 2,606 Member
    I have deleted all NPCs that were vampires (not the NPCs that are in homes) and all that comes after is vampires. So all new generated NPCs in my game are vampires now. I wish there was a disable button so NPCs could not become vampires.. this is sorta like the Vampires in Sims 3.. and it is annoying.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    I have noticed that's quite a lot of vampire toddler in the adoption menu. I saw at least 5 (if glowing eyes = vampires) I assume they count as an NPC, tho you'll never see them.
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,617 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »
    I have noticed that's quite a lot of vampire toddler in the adoption menu. I saw at least 5 (if glowing eyes = vampires) I assume they count as an NPC, tho you'll never see them.

They won't exist at all unless you go to look at the Adoption menu - that's when they're first created.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • ZafireriaZafireria Posts: 3,640 Member
    Zafireria wrote: »

They won't exist at all unless you go to look at the Adoption menu - that's when they're first created.
    Yeah I figured. Still a bit too many I suppose? Not that it really bugs me, was more thinking of those who wants realistic gameplay.
  • NotLoudonWainwrightNotLoudonWainwright Posts: 863 Member
    I'm waiting until MC Command Center is updated to buy this pack. I do not want that stuff in my game.
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    shellbeme wrote: »
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I paid 20 bucks for VAMPIRES. If they get toned down because people who don't want vampires bought a VAMPIRE pack and then whined about the vampires being in the pack I am gonna have a fit.

Fully agree :)
    I agree to. I mean they knew it was a vampire pack so why buy it if you want it toned down?

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • pepperjax1230pepperjax1230 Posts: 7,953 Member
    gamekitten wrote: »
    >.> Yes, let's just make the whole game vampires...no mortals what so ever. I do not have an issue with vampires yet (have not played them thoroughly yet). But I do have an issue with every single Sim being a vampire. And I paid 20 bucks also. So, my opinion matters just as much as yours. In my game every townie is a vampire from child to elder. I would like to be able to see a bit more mortals in the game and I do not mean the lame NPCs that live in houses.

I adore the build/buy.. I love the new neighborhood. I love CAS with all its new options.. I just do not want everyone spawning vampires..
    Do you even know what a NPC is? Its a nonplayable character those are all playable sims so they are just townies the ones in houses the ones that serve your sims may not be playable.

tenor.gif?itemid=5228641
  • shellbemeshellbeme Posts: 2,086 Member
    Ok I get what kitten is saying. I make over my townies and replace them with sims from the gallery and I am finding a Bunch of newly generated townies that are vampires.
    gamekitten wrote: »
    >.> Yes, let's just make the whole game vampires...no mortals what so ever. I do not have an issue with vampires yet (have not played them thoroughly yet). But I do have an issue with every single Sim being a vampire. And I paid 20 bucks also. So, my opinion matters just as much as yours. In my game every townie is a vampire from child to elder. I would like to be able to see a bit more mortals in the game and I do not mean the lame NPCs that live in houses.

I adore the build/buy.. I love the new neighborhood. I love CAS with all its new options.. I just do not want everyone spawning vampires..
    Do you even know what a NPC is? Its a nonplayable character those are all playable sims so they are just townies the ones in houses the ones that serve your sims may not be playable.

I have always called them NPCs.. -shrugs- I do not play any of them. And what I meant that lived in houses (Goths, Pancake, etc, etc..). Sorry I didn't explain myself better. So, as not to be the odd duck out, I will start calling them townie background noise (NPC was just easier). And I do know what an NPC is as an avid MMOer and RPGer. Do I have to give examples of what a NPC is next?
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    well from what was stated by gurus it wont get tone down it there will never but a on/off which main reason they said to some one a twitter a week ago that why the pack is call vampire and nothing else they wanted to make sure everyone knows clear as day it a vampire pack nothing more nothing else for anyone to get hype then disappointed that there more to this pack then vampires and the cas and build/buy objects so basically you get what you buy they will fix the bugs if the npc townie spawning as vampire is a bug they fix that but other then that there wont be no tone down or options to turn then off
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • Zeldaboy180Zeldaboy180 Posts: 5,997 Member
    edited January 2017
    rjssim wrote: »
    Dang, I am interested in the new world and game items, but I want to keep my gameplay realistic and not fantasy. It's hard enough with the aliens, but who knows maybe there are ETS out there, controversial, but vampires are 100% fantasy.

Sims is fantasy too, not to say you cant play realistically. This is a pack dedicated completely to vampires. Im sorry youre not happy about it but us supernatural players are in heaven, the pack isnt for you if you dont like fantasy.
    e68338c368f106ae784e73111955bd86.png
    edited January 2017
    I do not have an issue with the vampires. My lowbie vamp just beat Vlad in a spar. The issue I have is that not every townie should be vampires. The town spawn should spawn regular Sims as well. I do not want the vamps in game to be Sims 4 Vampire only game.(I actually for the first time like two townies..Vlad and the brother one). I just want more random mortals..(right now I have 0 townies that are mortal/not vampire).