Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Is Vampires not downloading for anyone else?

2...Next

Comments

• Options
    phate_phoenixphate_phoenix Posts: 62 Member
    I am having literally the same thing happen to me. Paid via paypal, long loading time followed by an error message. My billing history on Origin says payment pending (money in black), and yet still has Sims Vampires for sale through the Origin client. Also, Paypal doesn't have a mention of any activity--I haven't been charged yet (hooray for small mercies).

I'm thinking the system was overworked when we tried to purchase it, but, I'm not sure if waiting will fix it, or if we should cancel the order and then try again. I don't want to buy Vampires again, only to get charged twice, right? :D
  • Options
    RumancekRumancek Posts: 558 Member
    mirta000 wrote: »
    just a tip - you can not buy anything from Paypal WALLET on Origin. Only trough the card that you have added to paypal. This is the reason why I buy my stuff at Game.

I didn't. I have nothing in that wallet.
    That an uppercase i at the end of my name, not an L! Do not @ me with the L.
  • Options
    fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member
    CastieI wrote: »
    rosemow wrote: »
    I am sorry :( You may need to be in touch with EA help
    https://help.ea.com/en/

They probably won't be able to help me because it hasn't been long enough. I just want to know if I'm the only one or not.

They helped me right away. I had mistakenly ordered it twice when the first didn't go through. The advisor cancelled both and I was able to try again and it worked.
  • Options
    Simgurl20Simgurl20 Posts: 162 Member
    Same thing happened to me. Tried to pay with my paypal, now the payment is in pending. I just went on live chat and was told the payment is in pending for security reasons and I should receive the order after 36 hours...
  • Options
    StrangerthanStrangerthan Posts: 345 Member
    I am having literally the same thing happen to me. Paid via paypal, long loading time followed by an error message. My billing history on Origin says payment pending (money in black), and yet still has Sims Vampires for sale through the Origin client. Also, Paypal doesn't have a mention of any activity--I haven't been charged yet (hooray for small mercies).

I'm thinking the system was overworked when we tried to purchase it, but, I'm not sure if waiting will fix it, or if we should cancel the order and then try again. I don't want to buy Vampires again, only to get charged twice, right? :D

Well I've just got off a chat with EA (which was a barrel of laughs) because I did try to buy it twice. They said to give it 72 hours for the payment to go though then get in touch if it's still not working. And that the duplicate order should disappear on it's own but if it doesn't to let them know.

I probably didn't do the chat right because I've got anxiety and that makes me freak out sometimes but that's what they said.

Thank you rosemow for the link.

• Options
    St0rmzxSt0rmzx Posts: 30 Member
    Just contacted support because I had this exact same problem. Bought it through origin via PayPal and it gave me an error. I tried again and it gave me the same error. Order history shows I have two payment pending orders for the pack. Support says it means they are waiting for PayPal to process the payment and it takes up to 24 hours and there's nothing they can do to speed up the process. It looks likeI'm paying for it twice before I can refund one of the packs but they said I will get a 15% discount code to apply to any other product xD. Looks like its back to FF14 for me today, but the discount is nice.
  • Options
    So, it looks like it's a Paypal thing, then? Well, alright. Nothing to be done about that. So, I guess we get Vampires a little bit later, then.
  • Options
    BazajayteeBazajaytee Posts: 33 Member
    PayPal issues are being investigated according to SimGuruNinja - http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/910517/cant-buy
  • Options
    TOLKIENTOLKIEN Posts: 1,594 Member
    Personally I always advise buying origin content via your web browser. I know its redundant to visit origin.com when you have the client open but I find for whatever reason when it comes to making purchases the client to be either really buggy or really slow. Even EA support recommends making a purchase via the website vs the client (if your having issues) - and whats that say!?
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    I can't remember ever been stiffed by Steam.
  • Options
    AmaraStormAmaraStorm Posts: 80 Member
    I purchased it off the website (at work and can't have the client on this computer) via paypal. Paypal says it's completed although it's a preauthorization payment. I was planning on going home for my break in a bit to get the download started. Now you guys have me worried :neutral:
  • Options
    katgagenkatgagen Posts: 76 Member
    I'm having the same issue have just contacted them ordered it 3 times :/ they cancelled all, and they spoke to developer team and I have been advised to leave it for a few hours before trying to order again. Iif it happens again Ii've been advised to contact them but from what I'm reading I'm thinking its paypal issue as well unfortunately. It's a shame because I've been waiting for this since it was announced and was thinking tonight be able to chill a bit and play it for a bit before work tomoz , but that doesn't look like that's going to be the case, guess its just a waiting game :(. Also i did ask about payment coming from the paypal wallet they confirmed that that will work anyways. I know someone was mentioning about not using the wallet, but apparently money in the wallet will still go through.
  • Options
    AndieTheThingyAndieTheThingy Posts: 4 New Member
    I'm having the same issue, with a pending payment and it not appearing in Paypal meaning i'm unable to cancel it.
    I've been waiting for a live chat with EA to get it cancelled or something, but they must be quite overrun still because of all of these people having bugs- my expected wait was 10-15 minutes, i've been waiting over two and a half hours.
  • Options
    HerbySimmer69HerbySimmer69 Posts: 1 New Member
    I've had the same trubble. I did a live chat with EA they said it can take up to 24 hours... because of the bank servers... Ivery never had this problem before. If it still like this tomorrow there be getting a phone call and I will not be happy
  • Options
    plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    edited January 2017
    Erm, is this a PayPal issue though?

I am not seeing any evidence of Steam users not being able to pay with PayPal for Steam games.

Someone, with a PayPal issue, could try and buy something cheap off of Steam - just to see if the payment goes through.

ie, this is cheap:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/583760/

EDIT:
    Really cheap stuff:
    http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Price_ASC&os=win&specials=1
  • Options
    RoseBud23RoseBud23 Posts: 2 New Member
    I bought the pack twice by accident earlier and got the whole error message and found both on my order history, I paid with PayPal. Talked to someone about cancelling the second order and they said I had to wait 24 hours and contact them again in order for them to cancel it! I just checked now, almost 12 hours later, and both orders say Failed for payment instead of pending... So I just ordered with my bank card and it went through instantly in the client! :/ This has all been ridiculous...
  • Options
    TaindaTainda Posts: 8 New Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Tainda wrote: »
    I had no problem downloading it but I can't create a vampire. All the clothes are there but nothing else. Like you, I don't usually buy on release day and now I know why.

Hello.
    Edit : You need to first create one sim, then add a vampire sim. Then you can delete the original sim if you would like to.

Thank you so much! I didn't even see that down there :smile:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    My order on my billing history also now says Failed, so. Progress???

I'm going to try again with Paypal, because that's all I have to use. Let's see how it goes.

EDIT: SUCCESS. It went through immediately, no problems. Granted, this time, I did buy it through the website instead of the client itself, though, so. Just an FYI!
  • Options
    BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    I had to buy My Vampire Pack through Origin cause the page within the game where I always buy My packs from was Broken and could not be fixed at that time, but at least I got it, and had no problems with downloading it, sorry that some did.
  • Options
    TieicoTieico Posts: 1 New Member
    Hi, I bought the sims 4 vampire pack and it wont download. I've doing everything even checking for Origin updates. I bought it through the sims 4, and I've tried other things I've found on the forums but so far nothing has worked. Can anyone help?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Tieico wrote: »
    Hi, I bought the sims 4 vampire pack and it wont download. I've doing everything even checking for Origin updates. I bought it through the sims 4, and I've tried other things I've found on the forums but so far nothing has worked. Can anyone help?

Hello @Tieico
    Log into Origin, then go to games library. Click on the Sims 4 picture. Another screen will appear. Half way down the screen there is a tab called " extra content ". Click that tab and it will show what packs you own or don't own. Then, find the Vampires pack picture and see if you can download /install your pack there.