Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Brennachan - Chapter 1 is up. I also did a Brief summary of the challenge in another post. Happy reading!

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-sunday-chapter-1.html

Awesome! I commented. It's funny, I saw the garbage can I didn't get. I know I had moo on when I placed the lot because none of the lots would have looked right if I hadn't. Who knows? They still try to throw the trash into the unlit bonfire so I don't care.
    14hours wrote: »
    Erghhhh I wanna play this so bad but I don't have outdoor retreat and I just don't think it would be the same T_T

Naw, totally wouldn't be the same. You wouldn't have tents or deodorizing cream. They were having a sale on all of the packs recently, not sure if they still are.
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Brennachan - I'm on a roll. Chapter 2 is up! Enjoy! How is everyone else doing? Ready to ready other stories -- so let me know when you post :smiley:

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-monday-chapter-2.html
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    Wooot! A lot is going on here and I love it!

@SoulGal7 -- can't wait to read your story!

@Rainydayz179 -- I understand about FB. I have a simming account there, just for playing games so I can avoid family drama! Awesome murky screenie with a mutant raccoon and a Mad Mudder! Love it! Can't wait to read your story!

@lisabee2 -- starting over with the trashplants! Oh nooo! It's a lot a work keeping those other simmies from cleaning up! You can do it though!

@Pebblycat -- awesome job on marking up your collectibles from the table!

@14hours -- just wait for a really good sale and then start the challenge then. It will be a more complete experience. I also use a lot of stuff from City Living...

Brennachan will be joining Murkland soon in a household I will upload this weekend. Here's a sneak peek:

17022316_1867944680132640_8950300754946729967_n.jpg?oh=0d1cabf86514f7ffc6fb293df8801925&oe=596AACAD
  • PebblycatPebblycat Posts: 861 Member
    edited March 2017
    Having items at 200% markup still takes a while to sell, I think Sims can still be a little tight with their money ;)

Here's an update pic...

Ol2SZCX.png

They still love to dance together <3

Chris an Abbie are still working at the challenge goals and the end is in sight *thumbs up*
    My Origin ID: Pebblycat
    Visit Pebblycat's Showcase to see what I've created
    A few hours later and I've finished the first challenge :D

Chris's Skills
    KM2VN96.png

Money saved
    QyunIP4.png

and of course all trash plants evolved to perfect!
    Abbie has also aged up to a young adult :)
    @Pebblycat - congrats on completing part 1! I love the dancing pic! Great job on those skills!

@lisabee2 - read your stories - both of them twice! and what a hunk you found at the hot springs! Can't wait to read more!

@Brennachan - oh - I can't wait to see what you have in store for us next!

@Rainydayz179 - thanks so much for reading my story. As I am a new blogger, any comments or suggestions are truly appreciated.

Happy Murky tales everyone!
    edited March 2017
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 -- I understand about FB. I have a simming account there, just for playing games so I can avoid family drama! Awesome murky screenie with a mutant raccoon and a Mad Mudder! Love it! Can't wait to read your story!

Oh? I didn't know you could make a FB that wasn't for an actual person. I swear they stopped that back when I was playing Second Life. Looking forward to adding Brennachan to Murkland!
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    A few hours later and I've finished the first challenge :D

Congrats!
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    I have 2 Murky stories up .. 3rd one out soon :)

Awesome! I'll check them out in WP reader. I'm getting a few days behind on everyone's stuff anyway. EDIT: Oops! I thought these were new chapters and couldn't figure out why I couldn't find them! Duh. :D
    @Rainydayz179 - thanks so much for reading my story. As I am a new blogger, any comments or suggestions are truly appreciated.

You're welcome. I hate to say it but you're not going to get many comments on a blogger blog. So you might have more readers that it appears. I had one for 2 years and very rarely got a comment until I finally moved it to wordpress. It's just a pain to fill out the goofy form to post a comment. I'm off to read the new chapter!
  • ra3reira3rei Posts: 2,418 Member
    @Rainydayz179 technically FB will stop you from having a fake account - However if you've got a unique email address and the name doesn't look too fake, it won't care. I do FB simming stuff under my real account since I can't be bothered, but back when I played FB games I made two accounts so I could pass the unavoidable - have 3 friends who play item.

Also HI RAINY - I'm looking to play this challenge as well. :)
    Check out Raerei's Fortress for Builds, Short Stories, and maybe some longer stuff.
    @ra3rei Heyyy! I've got a few chapters on my blog if you want to check it out. I learned most of the stuff by trial and error. I'm hoping to play tomorrow. I'm thoroughly engrossed in a new book so I doubt I'll be playing today.

@Brennachan I saw the Freegan camp on the other thread! Yay! It looks like a spa. Those Freegan's have it made. ;)
    @ra3rei - what's your blog site so I can read all about it! Working on my next chapter as we speak.

Oh have to go to the gallery! Yeah @Brennachan
    Chapter 3 is now up! Sweet Dreams Murklanders!

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-tuesday-day-3.html
    Chapter 3 is now up! Sweet Dreams Murklanders!

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-tuesday-day-3.html

Another great chapter! Are you getting my comments?
    @Rainydayz179 - I just figured out where the comments were! And yes, thanks so much! I replied to all the comments that everyone posted on my blog. Thank you! Thank you! I have to figure out how to do separate Table of Contents for the 2 stories on there. I also have another work-in-progress story on there for @CathyTea 's Pen Pal Challenge.

If anyone has a blog on Murkland stories, I would be happy to read it. I just love reading about Murkland adventures! lol
    @Rainydayz179 - I just figured out where the comments were! And yes, thanks so much! I replied to all the comments that everyone posted on my blog. Thank you! Thank you! I have to figure out how to do separate Table of Contents for the 2 stories on there. I also have another work-in-progress story on there for @CathyTea 's Pen Pal Challenge.

If anyone has a blog on Murkland stories, I would be happy to read it. I just love reading about Murkland adventures! lol

You're welcome. To add a table of contents you need to create a page. I think it's under posts? It's been a long time. Then you just type out the chapter names or numbers however you want it to look and link to them. Feel free to PM me if you need help. I still have my old blogger blog and I can look for you.
    edited March 2017
    Rainy just died! She was eating at the Puffer Dome with Brennachan. It said "normal" so I thought it was safe. Not so! I'm just twiddling my thumbs trying to decide what to do. I can't stop laughing! I'll add pics in a few.

EDIT: Pics as promised!
    03-04-17_12-57-32c2a0pm.jpg?w=1024&h=543
    03-04-17_12-58-28c2a0pm.jpg?w=1024&h=543
    gameover.jpg

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Rainy just died! She was eating at the Puffer Dome with Brennachan. It said "normal" so I thought it was safe. Not so! I'm just twiddling my thumbs trying to decide what to do. I can't stop laughing! I'll add pics in a few.

gameover.jpg

OH MY GOSH .. I would quit without saving ...
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member

gameover.jpg

OH NO and @Brennachan was present at the time LOL
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
    OH MY GOSH .. I would quit without saving ...

I totally intended to! I even saved before they started eating. Then it happened and I just couldn't do it. I gave my simself a makeover and moved her into the lot. :D
    OH NO and @Brennachan was present at the time LOL

I know! I think that was the funniest part of all! Although, the death itself was freaking hilarious.

gameover.jpg

:D:D:D Poor Rainy! At least she passed away with good company by her side

I never knew The Sims had a "game over", what happened?
    Pebblycat wrote: »
    I never knew The Sims had a "game over", what happened?

I had to choose between going to the main menu... basically quitting without saving or saving and going to manage worlds to choose another household to play. I've only had it happen to me once before.
    Oh no! She can't die. I was worried about that restaurant! Are you still playing her, or are you on a re-start?
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    *stares longingly at this challenge* ooooo... I really want to do this. I've got this thread bookmarked for when I decide to dive in. :smiley:
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    Oh no! She can't die. I was worried about that restaurant! Are you still playing her, or are you on a re-start?

I'm restarting. I did a little twist in the story to make it more entertaining. Hence the new profile pic cuz I found some cool CC hair that looks almost exactly like my RL hair while I was at it!
    Meggles wrote: »
    *stares longingly at this challenge* ooooo... I really want to do this. I've got this thread bookmarked for when I decide to dive in. :smiley:

Meggles! It's so fun. I can't wait for you to start. I hope you're planning to blog it when you do!

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top