Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    Is that a dark shadow crossing the path of Lisabee and Ridge?

[img][/img]03-26-17_10-31-55nbspPM_zpsiaen1gee.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-8/
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,627 Member
    Oh horrors! Did you know that the dance competition was rigged? lol Oh yes, I heard it through the grapevine. Yep, Mad Mud had a huge crush on Kate and was going to make sure her dance crew won, no matter what! Yep, he and his Cowie just adore her. Oh, yah, did he happen to offer a complimentary drink before that dance off -- hmm...wonder what extra was in it? And, Mick, didn't someone just wax that spot where he was dancing, and didn't he kind of slip and drop his hat? Yep, and he even secretly put the winner's complimentary drinks (aka Kate's dance crew) on Partihaus' bar tab to ensure that Paolo got stuck with a HUGE bill. Oh yes, Mad Mud knows all. I mean he was one of the judges. What Mad Mud wants, Mad Mud gets. Isn't that shocking? Well, you know, that's what I heard! lol
    @lisabee2 - Just read your story.... :'(
    @EuphorialQueen - I don't think we can change aspirations. I think that is reserved for Challenge 2. I remember reading it in the threads somewhere (lol, don't ask me what page it was one!) I think the Library Challenge was sort of a side challenge to keep us going until Challenge 2 was ready. But some of us (like me), haven't even finished the Challenge 2 part and I was one of the first ones to start! lol Maybe I just don't want this fun challenge to end :)
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @EuphorialQueen - I don't think we can change aspirations. I think that is reserved for Challenge 2. I remember reading it in the threads somewhere (lol, don't ask me what page it was one!) I think the Library Challenge was sort of a side challenge to keep us going until Challenge 2 was ready. But some of us (like me), haven't even finished the Challenge 2 part and I was one of the first ones to start! lol Maybe I just don't want this fun challenge to end :)

I am there too .. I think I am way far behind and yet I too was among the first LOL .. I am a slacker
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Oh horrors! Did you know that the dance competition was rigged? lol Oh yes, I heard it through the grapevine. Yep, Mad Mud had a huge crush on Kate and was going to make sure her dance crew won, no matter what! Yep, he and his Cowie just adore her. Oh, yah, did he happen to offer a complimentary drink before that dance off -- hmm...wonder what extra was in it? And, Mick, didn't someone just wax that spot where he was dancing, and didn't he kind of slip and drop his hat? Yep, and he even secretly put the winner's complimentary drinks (aka Kate's dance crew) on Partihaus' bar tab to ensure that Paolo got stuck with a HUGE bill. Oh yes, Mad Mud knows all. I mean he was one of the judges. What Mad Mud wants, Mad Mud gets. Isn't that shocking? Well, you know, that's what I heard! lol

Are you going to be my new step mom <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    edited April 2017
    @SoulGal7 @lisabee2
    That was my impression that other Aspirations would come into play later. The quoted text was from several pages back. My habit is to jump around to get as many aspiration points as possible. :lol:
    So hard to stick to only one. :sunglasses:
    I am a bit behind on gardening skill so will keep collecting and evolving my trash plants. Luckily I went with aging off so I can keep Murkland residents intact.
    @SoulGal7 @lisabee2
    That was my impression that other Aspirations would come into play later. The quoted text was from several pages back. My habit is to jump around to get as many aspiration points as possible. :lol:
    I am a bit behind on gardening skill so will keep collecting and evolving my trash plants. Luckily I went with aging off so I can keep Murkland residents intact.

I prob need to break down and do that too (aging off or epic)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • ronnigirl67ronnigirl67 Posts: 209 Member
    Brennachan wrote: »
    Congratulations to @ronnigirl67 for getting a Maxis Fav for Ronni Gurlz

Woot! Woot!

18118869_1897802833813491_9087554335156565003_n.jpg?oh=dc5f869b2dc58a272bac0c3b260d500c&oe=59865CF5

Oh wow....lol. I had no idea, I've been sick all week. Thank you @Brennachan for all the time you must have put into this challenge. It's so much fun! So many firsts for me....first time playing "Friend of the World" aspiration (I have social anxiety irl so I've always avoided it lol) First time growing a trash plant and boy oh boy...has that been challenging?!! First time rummaging through the garbage for food. I never realized until I started this challenge, just how obsessed I am with keeping my sims needs in the green! So having a dirty, stinky sim is also a first for me, LOL!! And even though I've owned outdoor retreat since release, I've never bothered looking for the hermit until now. I look forward to what you come up with next! @Everyone I've added as many of your builds and sims as I can, love them all, thank you! :smiley:
  • solvorshsolvorsh Posts: 142 Member
    My new video is up! Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe if you like it and want to see more <3

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member

ohh nooo did I miss a chapter that revealed that the dance off was rigged? lol love this twist!

Hi LisaBee, just read your latest update. Congrats on a great birthday celebration and my condolences for the loss of your Cliff Dweller Elders!

• Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member

@SoulGal7 and @lisabee2

Oooooh, so that's how it rolled, eh?
    Lisa Bee likes her siestas but that girl can get down on the dance floor! Sorry what I said before, LB. Now we know it was the drink!
    And awww, poor Jaxton and the recently waxed floor.
    But Paolo? He totally deserved what he got...and more, even!
    edited April 2017
    @lisabee2

Loved your latest chapter. Lisa Bee's lot is looking very kitted out these days, but in a murky way, of course.
    I adore Lisa Bee's little cat!
    So sad to hear about the elders, but counting the days for Lisa Bee/Ridge twins. <3

Would you prefer that Lisa Bee require Potions of Youth without your other Murklanders ageing?
    Go to Gameplay/Game Options, then remove the check for "Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims)."

I don't want to stress over running out of time, so I play with Ageing Off for my sim and have disabled "Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims)."
  • CharliimaiCharliimai Posts: 1,773 Member
    Hi fellow murklanders.
    Murky_charm.png

My Simself and I have decided to give the challenge a go. I am not writing a story as such but I am going to post updates on weebly. It does take a few minutes for the second page to load due to audio. (The Audio is something i'm trying out as I am using the technique to write an interactive story so please let me know if you have any issues.)

I have only managed to play for a few sim hours due to RL commitments but i'm loving it so far. Thank you @Brennachan for the fantastic challenge, sims and lots and special thanks to @EuphorialQueen for setting up the Murkland starter save which has saved me a ton of time.

Find out about Charlii Mai's first few hours in Murkland in... Don't Drink the Water!
    cSXsPD.jpg

Read my Legacy story's or atttempt one of my Sims 4 challenges.
    Charlii Mai's Blogs and Challenges

Read All of my Latest stories all in one place.
    RainbowPlumbob (Wordpress)

HI @Charliimai .. welcome to the neighborhood .. I will look forward to your updates
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    @lisabee2

Loved your latest chapter. Lisa Bee's lot is looking very kitted out these days, but in a murky way, of course.
    I adore Lisa Bee's little cat!
    So sad to hear about the elders, but counting the days for Lisa Bee/Ridge twins. <3

Would you prefer that Lisa Bee require Potions of Youth without your other Murklanders ageing?
    Go to Gameplay/Game Options, then remove the check for "Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims)."

I don't want to stress over running out of time, so I play with Ageing Off for my sim and have disabled "Auto-Age (Unplayed Sims)."

I finally bit the bullet (kill my pride) and set the aging to long. I wanted the challenge of doing it within a certain time frame but shoot I am draggin' wagon with the first challenge by itself LOL

I love my mean little kitty too but after he got served by the goat last week he has been strangely quiet

TY for being a friend and lovely reader <3
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    Brennachan wrote: »

Woot! Woot!

18118869_1897802833813491_9087554335156565003_n.jpg?oh=dc5f869b2dc58a272bac0c3b260d500c&oe=59865CF5

Oh wow....lol. I had no idea, I've been sick all week. Thank you @Brennachan for all the time you must have put into this challenge. It's so much fun! So many firsts for me....first time playing "Friend of the World" aspiration (I have social anxiety irl so I've always avoided it lol) First time growing a trash plant and boy oh boy...has that been challenging?!! First time rummaging through the garbage for food. I never realized until I started this challenge, just how obsessed I am with keeping my sims needs in the green! So having a dirty, stinky sim is also a first for me, LOL!! And even though I've owned outdoor retreat since release, I've never bothered looking for the hermit until now. I look forward to what you come up with next! @Everyone I've added as many of your builds and sims as I can, love them all, thank you! :smiley:

Congrats .. she is an awesome cutie
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @SoulGal7 @lisabee2

I usually play that way too .. it was a challenge at first for sure
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    solvorsh wrote: »
    My new video is up! Don't forget to like, comment and subscribe if you like it and want to see more <3

Very nice job on your vid :) Reminds me that I am almost out of stuff to make deo

When I am in GF I usually talk to the bears when my social needs are low .. they seem to cheer me up more than the regular people there.
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Welcome to Murkland Charliimai. I loved your story and you have such a nice voice for story telling too :smiley:

Nice update Solvorsh, great job on you video!
    @tammyjo329 & @ Shizu9no1 - nah, I was just joking about the dance competition being rigged ...hahaha

@Charliimai - Welcome to Murkland - love your sim!

@ronnigirl67 - Congrats on the Maxis fav! So happy for you!
  • EuphorialQueenEuphorialQueen Posts: 6,224 Member
    lisabee2 wrote: »
    reggikko wrote: »
    what_the_heck_is_this_bill.png
    Were you by chance in Granite Falls when you got this bill or just off lot when the bills were delivered? There is a bug that causes huge bills if you are off lot when they come. I try to remember to stay at home on Mondays until after the bills arrive.
    OHHH TY so much!
    BLECH! The bill glitch just hit my game as well. I had NOT been to Granite Falls for a couple Sim weeks. I was on the Murkland Mercantile retail lot looking for Medicine (Yup - Valeda had been seeing stars and had a stuffy head... :angry:) It was late on a Sunday night and she stayed for a bit to look over the store and chat with other Sims. It was still dark when the bill notice popped up while she was on the store lot.
    bills10.jpg
    I am wondering if it was because I was playing the Salamanders long enough to buy the lot?
    I suspect maybe that is also why I got a notice about another Sim gaining retail skill?
    retail10.jpg
    edited April 2017
    Charliimai wrote: »
    Hi fellow murklanders.
    Murky_charm.png

My Simself and I have decided to give the challenge a go. I am not writing a story as such but I am going to post updates on weebly. It does take a few minutes for the second page to load due to audio. (The Audio is something i'm trying out as I am using the technique to write an interactive story so please let me know if you have any issues.)

I have only managed to play for a few sim hours due to RL commitments but i'm loving it so far. Thank you @Brennachan for the fantastic challenge, sims and lots and special thanks to @EuphorialQueen for setting up the Murkland starter save which has saved me a ton of time.

Find out about Charlii Mai's first few hours in Murkland in... Don't Drink the Water!

I loved your recordings! I am not sure how to comment your blog so I will comment here <3 Your simmie is adorable and I echo TammyJo .. you have a lovely speaking voice. Look forward to MORE!

I will catch up to Charlii-mae on the gallery :)
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    edited April 2017
    *random heartfelt comment .. I adore you my murky neighbors! You are a breath of fresh air! I will NOT go into why .. just know that you are!
    SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    #EAgamechanger
    @SoulGal7
    That whole "rigged" scenario would have been a hilarious pretext for an update, with all the crews suspecting Mad Mud and him not caring, lol.

@Charliimai
    A warm welcome to Murkland! I'd never experienced a sim story like yours, with audio narration. I love your voice and way of speaking.
    Almost wrote that I like your British accent, but then remembered that some say it's the Americans who have the accent, lol.

@EuphorialQueen
    How the heck did you get so far in the Starter Challenge already, haha! Is it because of your experience as the reigning Rosebud Queen?

A random question to everybody:
    Has anyone tried the Hermit's secret Fungal Fertilizer recipe (or whatever it's called)?
    I am gravely inept at capturing insects so I will not be the Murklander for that particular experiment.

@lisabee2
    Your murky neighbors adore you as much, if not more, than you adore them! <3

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top