Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Love the new side challenge. I'm gonna start on it after I get Jaxton finished.... He only needs to finish off his skill requirements and evolve his trash plants ... LOL yeah that's all he has left! It's gonna be a bit before he is done! :smiley:
  • lisabee2lisabee2 Posts: 3,708 Member
    edited March 2017
    Murky update hot off the presses ... bonus this time I have made this food and fun filled update also "educational" .. you will feel smarter after reading it! These burning questions to be answered ... will Lisabee get her man? What about Don? Which famous celeb was spotted eating at the Pufferdome? What on earth is wrong with Mad?

03-01-17_2-44-12nbspAM_zpshydknn1d.png

https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/2017/03/22/the-post-apocalyptic-murkland-starter-challenge-4-puffer-dome-experience/

SebEwnF.jpg
    LisabeeSims
    New readers can visit here first: In-a-NUTSHELL
    #EAgamechanger
  • tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Just posted on facebook and so you know I loved your story update!
  • TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2017
    @lisabee2 I'm enjoying your story! I haven't caught up quite yet but I thought it was really funny how Vlad was stalking her!

@Brennachan I didn't eat a trash fruit the first two days but I'm not going to worry about it. I went out and found a trash plant on the third day so that I could follow the rules correctly haha. I really liked the Jenny statue so she's become a member of the household haha!

@SoulGal7 Haha yea. I guess that isn't super obvious. I kind of went overboard meeting sims haha! I've never done this aspiration so it's actually pretty fun to do it!

Days 2 & 3 are up on my blog. You can just click those words to go there! Also oops, that should be Days 3&4 haha!
    Post edited by TheAmazingLee on
  • aureliaromaeaureliaromae Posts: 35 Member
    This looks like it could be very fun to try. I'm terrible at not cheating, so it definitely will be a challenge.
    Omnia vincit amor et nos cedamus amori --vergil, 38 BC
    "Caesar was a salad dressing dude."--bill and ted's excellent adventure

• Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    I've started reading all of your murky stories!
    This morning, I began with the one by @SoulGal7 since she was the first to get her murk on.

Soulgal, I'm not familiar at all with the rules yet so I thought I'd simply list my favorite moments/scenes.

* Ch 1: I wrote this on your blog as well, but I love how your Day 1 introduces the reader to both your sim and details of the Murkland challenge itself.
    * Ch 2: Loved Kate's happy face after her 1st trash plant sprouted! Because your sim socializes a lot, we get to see many of the households @Brennachan created for this challenge. It's a sneak preview of the households for those us who haven't started yet.
    * Ch 3: Kate being grungy for the entire chapter, except the first shot, made me giggle. How are the other sims around her not looking equally filthy and smelly?
    * Ch 4: The yard was a hilarious read but probably supremely exhausting and annoying for the Watcher. I love how Kate starts dividing other sims into allies and enemies in relation to her trash piles.
    * Ch 5: So many lovely shot of Granite Falls! Dang, girl, you were so close to chatting with the hermit. Dat last shot of Kate itching like crazy!
    * Ch 6: I can't believe Paolo left Kate with the bill. Dumb active sims with their random jogging, push-ups, and sit-ups! What a great last image, I'm noticing a pattern!
    * Ch 7: You use trash piles to lure unwary customers to your yard sale--I love it! Your festival shots are a real treat. At this point, I'm not sure why Kate even bothers with Paolo when there's that gorgeous Veegan!

Looking forward to reading more!
    Hope it's okay for me to post a comment like this in this Murkland Challenge thread.
    You can immediately tell that I'm new, but I'm trying to make meaningful comments until I have enough posts to become a full member.
    Also a comment like this encourages me to pay close attention while I'm reading. Cheers!
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    Shizu9no1 wrote: »
    I completed the Apocalypse Challenge last summer, but the Murkland Starter Challenge sounds like soooo much fun!
    After reading all the posts and savoring the images, I've made a new browser folder for everyone's murky blogs so I can read them a little at a time.
    I can't join the ranks of you Murklanders just yet but I'm really looking forward to the day when I do. :)

@Shizu9no1 I wish I had a list of everyone's stories! Is that something you could somehow share easily? (I don't want you to go through any trouble.) I want to read them all but it's scary to go looking for everyone (and I'm a bad procrastinator! :lol: )
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
  • SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @Shizu9no1 -Welcome to Murkland! Thanks so much for reading Kate's adventures in Murkland. I really like the chapter by chapter breakdown. Love it! Can't wait to read your adventures. Did you post your sim in the gallery? I will download them to my gang in Nukecrest! Use the hashtag #Murkland #Nukecrest so we can all find your simmie. Thanks :)

@Meggles - oh I love that idea - perhaps an index for blogs for all the Murklanders out there! Terrific!
    edited March 2017
    haha! finally! :)

https://llamawhat.blogspot.com/p/murkland-challenge.html

Ok, I started!! It took quite a while to get everything together but I'm ready to play. I am putting it on my blogger, here is the link. Just an intro so far. But basic facts: Ambrosia Gardener, for her extra traits I picked loves outdoors and self assured. I added a nifty quonset hut lot by dannydanbo on the exchange and a family I found by typing in offthegrid. They have kids, and that will be the only ones in the neighborhood, unless I need to um...hasten their demise? I didn't see anything specific i the rules but if I have to I suppose they could fall off a cliff.

Post edited by aureliaromae on

SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Shizu9no1 -Welcome to Murkland! Thanks so much for reading Kate's adventures in Murkland. I really like the chapter by chapter breakdown. Love it! Can't wait to read your adventures. Did you post your sim in the gallery? I will download them to my gang in Nukecrest! Use the hashtag #Murkland #Nukecrest so we can all find your simmie. Thanks :)

@Meggles - oh I love that idea - perhaps an index for blogs for all the Murklanders out there! Terrific!

That would be great.

edited March 2017
    I just became a full member today so this is my first comment ever on this forum with links. Woot woot!
    This is surely not the best place (i.e., in the middle of a thread) to showcase links to everyone's fab stories.
    But if anyone knows of a better place, please let this noob know and I'll be happy to repost or PM you the info below. :)
    Also let me know about typos, misspellings, and bad links. I'll add my link after I've started getting my murk on.

Links to Murkland Challenge Stories

• StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @Shizu9no1 Mine's correct. Maybe @Brennachan can add the list somewhere?
    edited March 2017
    I figured it out. Don't mind me I haven't played sims in so long I'm still betting my bearings.AH! That reminds me. I'm reading the blog and I noticed the box of stuff out front of the home lot. I don't seem to have it. @Brennachan Is it dependent on a certain stuff pack? I have enough to buy one, and I suppose getting that one first would be a good idea if that is the case.
    Post edited by aureliaromae on

@Brennachan - a question on the side challenge - overgrown library. We still have to pay for the barrista when we are at the library for this challenge too, correct? Just want to clarify
  • BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    edited March 2017
    @tammyjo329 -- I'm so glad the side library challenge sounds fun! Woot! Woot! <3

@lisabee2 -- I already commented over on FB so you know I LOVE your story! SO much fun! Say cheese! :D

@TheAmazingLee -- don't worry about not eating trashfruit the first few days. There was not trash fruit for the pioneers so it's something new now that some lots have it from the beginning. Have fun and post screenies! <3

@aureliaromae -- it is fun and frustrating but hey -- if you want to be loosy goosy no one is watching! If you wanna be strict, you have the rules! The important thing is to have fun! :)

@Shizu9no1 -- I'm glad you are liking the stories and @Rainydayz179 I will put a post together of all the stories like @Shizu9no1 made but when I copy and pasted it didn't work so I have to take a moment to figure out how to do that.

@SoulGal7 -- yes, you have to pay for a barista per each visit. <3

I will catch up on the stories in the next few days and post here!

I love all the creativity of you peeps! You all are AWESOME!

Post edited by Brennachan on
    @Brennachan
    I tried sending you a PM but the same coded list just posted on your personal wall, lol.
    Here's a list of all the urls, so you can format them as you wish. Hope this works for you/us. :)

Links to Murkland Challenge Stories

Murkland by @Soulgal7: https://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-sunday-chapter-1.html
    Murkland by @lisabee2: https://lisabeesims.wordpress.com/murkland-coming
    Post-Apocalyptic Murkland by Rainydayz179: https://rainygamez.wordpress.com/post-apocalyptic-murkland
    A murky story in Nukecrest by @tammyjo329: https://wordpress.com/page/tammy329.wordpress.com/2376
    A Murky Intro by @meggles: https://meggsims.wordpress.com/2017/03/13/a-murky-intro
    Lee in Murkland by @TheAmazingLee: https://leemurkland.wordpress.com/2017/03/20/first-blog-post/?frame-nonce=def1ab0bc9
    Murkland Challenge by @aureliaromae: https://llamawhat.blogspot.com/p/murkland-challenge.html
    edited March 2017
    @Brennachan Yea, the only way to copy and paste it and make it work would be to edit the post, which obviously you can't do since it's not yours. I'm gonna add them onto a page on my blog too. Thanks @Shizu9no1 for putting them all together for us. I bet there's more from the Facebook group but I'm not on that so I'm not sure.

Edit: I did it while I was thinking of it. I added it to the Simmers I Follow page. At the bottom it has the Murklanders.
    I almost forgot that I was here to post a chapter! Since there's no time limit this challenge is a bit easier to play since I'm still not feeling well.

Chapter 1.6: Rare Finds

03-23-17_11-09-29c2a0am.jpg?w=768&h=434&crop=1
    @lisabee2
    I enjoyed visiting your blog site and seeing how you've set up access to your different stories! Of course, I love your Murkland story, too.

Ch 1: I love everything about your simself's appearance: the short layered hair, the pinkish tinge around her eyes, the Grunge Girl T-shirt!
    Both you and @SoulGal7 remind me that I should start thinking of a reason for ending up in Murkland, even though I haven't started yet.
    Your screenshots make the Deep Woods seem so heavenly. Gah, Vlad the stalking creepster!
    Ch 2: I didn't understand what you meant by "gardening fiasco" and read back 5-6 pages of this thread, but gave up and am asking about it
    here. We're not allowed to plant anything except trash plants on the home lot? Haha, the interactions between you and Don!
    Don't go to a convent, girl! Send Don to a monastery instead! (You're wearing matching outfits, tho. Lol!) *wolf whistles at Ridge... cough
    Ch 3: Your shots of GF are really gorgeous. Maybe Vlad is your penalty for having Ridge as well as a rather hawt hermit.
    Hmmm, pear-shaped dude with great personality or a nice-looking but crazy hermit...
    Ch 4: I'm really appreciating how slow Lisabee is taking it with Ridge. She must be really busy, defending her trash plants and Ridge from the other sims! Don really wants to be in your story, lol.

I hope it's not too weird that I've commented on all your existing chapters at the same time. Now that I'm caught up, I'll start commenting on your blog instead. :)
    @Rainydayz179 - I have you as a restaurant owner in Nukecrest! And, it's a vegetarian restaurant! lol

rainyischef.png
    Trying again

rainyischef.png
  • JaylfJaylf Posts: 285 Member
    When I try to download Cliff City into the game it crashes every time....:(
  • MegglesMeggles Posts: 4,109 Member
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    Trying again

rainyischef.png

@SoulGal7 You need to upload it to a photo hosting site for us to see. :) Try photobucket!
    Gifs are broken but click here for my blog with all my stories :)
    House: Hufflepuff | Wand: Ebony wood w/a unicorn hair core, 9 ¾"
    Origin ID: meggles87 | twitter | simblr
    @SoulGal7 That's funny. Did you know I'm a vegetarian? :D

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top