Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Post-Apocalyptic Murkland: The Starter Challenge

Comments

• Options
    SoulGal7SoulGal7 Posts: 3,630 Member
    @tammyjo329 - working on it...hopefully finish it soon.
  • Options
    BrennachanBrennachan Posts: 2,055 Member
    @tammyjo329 -- love the latest chapter. Your sim is meeting lots of peeps and sharing potatoes. Very fun!

Just FYI, the Murkland Mercantile Co will have it's own lot and I'm working on it. It will play a small role in the next challenge. So, the way I look at it, is it's a chain! One in Murkland and one in Nukecrest -- like a Piggly Wiggly. :D:D:D

@Meggles -- your sim always puts a smile on my face and I love how murky she gets!

@Rainydayz179 -- I hope you are feeling better!

Love all your talent! You all truly make my day!

Mutant Raccoon hugs and hip bumps!
  • Options
    tammyjo329tammyjo329 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Looks like Megs had quite the adventure this past week and a half! Great story!
  • Options
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @tammyjo329 -- love the latest chapter. Your sim is meeting lots of peeps and sharing potatoes. Very fun!

Just FYI, the Murkland Mercantile Co will have it's own lot and I'm working on it. It will play a small role in the next challenge. So, the way I look at it, is it's a chain! One in Murkland and one in Nukecrest -- like a Piggly Wiggly. :D:D:D

Mutant Raccoon hugs and hip bumps!

I love the idea of a chain in Nukecrest! I can hardly wait to see your Murkland Mercantile lot!
  • Options
    StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    New chapter up!

Chapter 5: New Beginning

03-18-17_10-46-12c2a0am.jpg?w=768&h=434&crop=1
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    Hi Rainy! Loved your new chapter. Yeah re-incarnated as Rainee at last!

I love the name Rainy ... I found a lost kitten when I was in highschool on the side of a road in the rain and named her Rainy! It was a long time ago, but everytime I see your name I think of that old cat!
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 - Ahhh....that's so sweet.

@Rainydayz179 - read your Chapter and left a comment for you on your blog. Love the idea that you created Rainee, although the old Rainy is part of my gang in Nukecrest! She lives! lol Looking forward to more chapters. Great work!
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 Awe that's so cute about the kitty! I've been some variation of Rainy and Rainydayz for almost 19 years now! I started it when I got my first computer.

@SoulGal7 That's cool that Rainy's living in your Nukecrest. I keep meaning to stick everyone's simselves into mine too.
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    edited March 2017
    I wanted to put off doing this until I finished another challenge but I couldn't wait anymore. Between reading everything I can get my hands on (everyone is so creative!) and looking at the lots I finally gave up. It gives me a break from legacy style challenges at least, so I won't get bored!

dZQdJVb.jpg

Lee Simmer is ready to begin her life in Murkland. She's wearing more adventurous clothing than I would but she isn't brave enough to get tattoos like some others I've seen haha.

I'm so excited. Every day at work over the weekend I was thinking about this but I knew I wanted more than an hour to play so I made myself wait. Now though...Now I'm about to jump in.
  • Options
    @Brennachan - next chapter of Kate's Murkland tales is up

I hope everyone enjoys this one :)

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-saturday-chapter-7.html
  • Options
    @TheAmazingLee - Welcome to Murkland! If you have her up in the gallery, I will have her join one of my households in Nukecrest! Woot!
  • Options
    SoulGal7 wrote: »
    @Brennachan - next chapter of Kate's Murkland tales is up

I hope everyone enjoys this one :)

http://soulgal7.blogspot.com/2017/03/murkland-saturday-chapter-7.html

Awesome chapter SoulGal! ... Your festival looked like a real in game festival! Is there an option to start a festival? well it looked like they all had such a great time!
  • Options
    @SoulGal7 -- Awesome story! The Murky Steppe made my day! All the fireworks at the end, is a nice finale! Woot!

@Rainydayz179 -- Lots of rummaging through the trash -- very murky! Love it! I love how you call them trash babies! Heeheehee!

@TheAmazingLee -- Welcome! Please let us know if you have any questions. The biggest confusion has been that you have to grow each trash plant from a pile of trash. You can't use the fruit from your other trash plants. have fun! I can't wait to see screenies!

@tammyjo329 -- Awwww, I love that you look in a kitty and called her Rainy! That's a heart-warming RL story! I have 6 cats I took off the street and I look after the neighborhood ferals.

Big murky hugs!
  • Options
    Hi Brennachan, thanks! My mom wasn't too happy with me though, she did let me keep the kitten in the end! LOL

Ohh I have a new chapter update: https://tammy329.wordpress.com/introduction-to-a-murky-story-in-nukecrest/chapter-4-to-granite-falls-we-go/
  • Options
    TheAmazingLeeTheAmazingLee Posts: 140 Member
    @SoulGal7 She is indeed on the gallery but I'm not sure how to search for her. My gallery name is MonkeySimThing?

@Brennachan I played the first two days already and it's super fun. I'm glad you said that though, I wasn't sure! Also, am I required to eat a trash fruit on the days before I have a trash plant? How do I get them if so?

The first two days are up on my blog. You can see them here if you want.
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 -- I bet your mom was surprised but I'm glad it all worked out. Those are the best fur baby stories -- I love hearing those! You have a kind heart and I love it!

@TheAmazingLee -- if you # (hashtag your creations with #murkland it will make it easier for other Murklanders to find your sim. There are trashplants around town now. At first, there weren't many lots and Murkland Salamanders did not have to eat trashfruit right away but now, there are quite a few stashed here and there so your sim can harvest and eat those (and even sell those) in the beginning.

I will catch up on the blog and the story in just a bit! I can't wait!
  • Options
    edited March 2017
    There's an optional side challenge called, The Overgrown Library Side Challenge.

The Murkland Library is desperately in need of books....

Overgrown Library Side Challenge
    • The Murkland Library is in desperate need of books!
    • Have your sim master the writing skill using only the computers at the library AND following all the rules of the library.
    • The rules of the library are as follows: The Murkland Library is open 10am to 6pm. The computers are off limits to those playing Challenge 1 but are available in Challenge 2 (and are available for specific side challenges). Becoming best friends with the librarian allows your sim the use of the librarian’s tent and the ability to spend the night, or visit when the library is closed. To improve the economy, the librarian insists that your sim pay for a barista each visit.
    • If both computers break down, OR your sim gets writer’s block and cannot write, your sim must leave the library and not return for at least 24 hours.
    • Add a basement to the library. The basement does not need to be accessible because this will just be a place to store the books that you write.
    • Write 10 Bestsellers and add them to your basement. Do NOT have your sim put them away in a bookshelf because books inside of bookshelves will not transfer when uploading/downloading.
    • Stock your basement with 10 Bestsellers with unique titles and descriptions that you think fit the Murkland theme.
    • You CAN upload additional excellent quality books, but the challenge is not complete until you have 10 bestsellers to upload AND your sim has mastered writing.
    • Upload the basement room with your stocked books under the room category, “study”. Books might NOT show up in the in-game screenshot, but they should be there when another Murklander downloads your room.
    • Hashtag the room #BooksforMurkland so Murklanders can find your room easily and add them to their own games. Additionally, title the room, “Books for Murkland.”
    • Books may be any genre and any combination of genres.
    • You cannot make any upgrades to the computers at the library.

And you cannot make money from the books. No publishing. :)

17424925_1877574205836354_8353272768336723252_n.jpg?oh=c1f2a8363ea62e4e0364276b005cdce4&oe=59273D10
    Post edited by Brennachan on
  • Options
    @Brennachan The overgrown library side challenge sounds cool. When can we do it? Between 1 and 2?
  • Options
    @Rainydayz179 -- this side challenge you can do it at anytime because you won't make money from the books. The books will not be published because they will go straight into your library storage room which you can upload for other Murklanders to read. I thought my simlit folks would especially get a kick out of it. And it will be so much fun to add books to each of our libraries! <3<3<3
  • Options
    @TheAmazingLee - read your blog -- great start for Lee...and how great it was that she made so many friends so fast! I didn't realize that by clicking on Lee Simmer that it went to your blog....lol

@tammyjo329 -thanks for reading my story. Yes, I wish we could make a festival happen, but I just "group" travelled and then hired a DJ headliner while they were there - $250 simoleons. For all she played, I should have just paid for the regular DJ! lol

@Brennachan -the side challenge for the library sounds great!
  • Options
    @tammyjo329 -- love your story! Love the game of horseshoes to get you in! Trash burgers is an excellent detail!
  • Options
    Shizu9no1Shizu9no1 Posts: 139 Member
    I completed the Apocalypse Challenge last summer, but the Murkland Starter Challenge sounds like soooo much fun!
    After reading all the posts and savoring the images, I've made a new browser folder for everyone's murky blogs so I can read them a little at a time.
    I can't join the ranks of you Murklanders just yet but I'm really looking forward to the day when I do. :)
  • Options
    Brennachan wrote: »
    @Rainydayz179 -- this side challenge you can do it at anytime because you won't make money from the books. The books will not be published because they will go straight into your library storage room which you can upload for other Murklanders to read. I thought my simlit folks would especially get a kick out of it. And it will be so much fun to add books to each of our libraries! <3<3<3

Ah okay. Cool!
  • Options
    @TheAmazingLee -- I love how you are meeting peeps on the street right and left! That's what Murkland is all about! Also, rummaging in the trash -- super murky! Also, eating next to Jenny just made me giggle so hard!
  • Options

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top