Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Keep having baby boys????

2...Next

Comments

• HannahcleolaHannahcleola Posts: 252 Member
    With no influence id say my sims (Example: Galaxy family legacy) about 80% of the time my sims are born boys. I'm constantly having change there gender... it very annoying :(
  • REDMAVENREDMAVEN Posts: 57 Member
    My Sim seemed to love alternative. After having 7 boys, I made her stand in front of the stereo, while jamming out to pop music, as I began force-feeding her strawberries. It seemed rather cruel, but the "fruits of my labor" (hah! get it?) paid off.
  • JoovanaJoovana Posts: 60 Member
    Ive been having this issue too, find it so annoying!
  • ChampandGirlieChampandGirlie Posts: 2,482 Member
    I'd been thinking about this recently. I've had 11 babies born into the game - not including adoption. 8 of those have been boys and 3 have been girls. I know that in one of those cases, I did the pop music and strawberry cake which worked. The other 2 girls were born without gender influence. I also had a pregnant lady who ate shepherd's pie with carrots and she did have a boy.

Usually, I try to keep it random to be surprised but I had noticed this tendency and wondered if it was just my game. The preferential tricks do work if you are wanting a particular outcome. I'm usually cool with either outcome but at a certain point, I did wonder if my game would have any born-in-game girls. It does, just not a lot.
    Champ and Girlie are dogs.
  • ChanneyChanney Posts: 27 Member
    I'm currently doing the 100 baby challenge so unfortunately I am not allowed to influence what the baby is going to be and out of the 15 kids in gen 1 only 4 were girls.
  • ccarrig_95ccarrig_95 Posts: 525 Member
    I am currently doing the Disney Princess legacy. I am on generation 1 and Snow and Charming have 5 kids with one on the way. 5 DAUGHTERS! Cinderella, Raelynn, Kelsey, Essie and Waverly. I am hoping baby 6 is finally a boy. Everyone wants a boy.
    I1VZWOJ.jpg
    (Top left to bottom right)Edur Zahrah, Cinderella, Tiana, Pocahantas, Ariel, Aurora, Belle, Emerson, Nicole, Traci, Addisyn
  • WralaiWralai Posts: 477 Member
    Hilariously, since the toddler patch, all children except for one have been female. Three out of four.

I did actually notice a lot of boys before the toddler patch, so there might be an issue? Maybe sims just like their alternative music, but I take away the radios when there are pregnant sims in my household.
    170424-CeYy_jT-qip.jpg[IMG][/img]
    Click on the image above to be sent to my legacy, The Galvez Legacy!
  • SimReviewsSimReviews Posts: 211 Member
    edited September 2017
    ok guys , im relly late , but in my sister Dynella's game between 5 families they had 23 kids.
    All of them were boys.

so first Kayte had triplets,
    then Shinaya had quads!!
    then Misquette had one
    then Kayte had more, she had twins
    Candy Behr had quads!!
    Lucy Mae had quads!!
    then Kayte had triplats
    Shinaya had one
    then Misquette had twin....

ALL BOYS

edit: Cylpsse and James adopted a child, didnt know if it was boy or girl,
    IT WAS A BOY

Plus, all I see on the street is child sim boys (some are from my played familys, but most not)
    I'm an avid sims4 simmer born in France and living with a gogeous husband and 2 twin baby girls, working as a game developer & cc maker. and looking for a teaching job ;p
  • mikamika Posts: 1,733 Member
    For me it's the opposite. For every 1 boy there'll be at least two girls
  • GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,552 Member
    You know there is a way to influence the sex of the child — and I'm not talking about the use of mods. Have the expectant Sim, eat carrots and listen to Alternative music for a boy, or eat strawberries and listen to Pop music for a girl. Used to work just fine for me. Then I decided to install the MCCC mod and I have total and complete control of the gender and how many babies between 1-3 will be born. :) Spoiled, now.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • WoolenhatWoolenhat Posts: 255 Member
    Don't know if this is true or not, but with me my sims will have it IN THIER GENES to constantly have either boys or girls unless I step in! Not sure if this helps...
  • DoodlyDoofusDoodlyDoofus Posts: 1,183 Member
    Nope. I've been having nothing but girls with a few boys sprinkled in since LAUNCH 2014.
  • LoriTSpLoriTSp Posts: 451 Member
    My sims tend to have more girls than boys. I will adopt a boy if need be, though with the last 3 couples I played I got twins (1 boy, 1 girl), a boy and the last couple had a girl. I was pleasantly surprised by that :)
  • MondayMonday Posts: 385 Member
    I've been on a big girl streak lately.

My current sim family had one girl and then right after natural triplets, all girls with no outside influence.

I tend to go through periods of all boys, then all girls, back and forth with a little bit of mixing here and there. I keep them away from influences because I like to be surprised. But yeah, usually for me it swings, with some variation, wildly back and forth.
    a63ftuN.png
  • AngellLXAngellLX Posts: 3 New Member
    I keep on having boys! I tried listening to pop music, I ate strawberries, I cleared out some female sims from other households, I went into CAS and made a female kid! I don't know what else to do and honestly, It's just making me really upset. I currently have 2 boys and I saved before my sim had her kid so I can retry a few times. I tried having the kid probably over 20 times, and it was always a male.
  • ResSteelResSteel Posts: 63 Member
    Maybe baby boy sims are going to take over the world! O_O
  • verlainemverlainem Posts: 837 Member
    My Redhead who is on a mission to impregnate every red headed female sim in my game has had 9 possibly 10 children and only two of those are girls. Interesting statistics.
    EA ID burnished_dragon
  • AvaSims4080AvaSims4080 Posts: 810 Member
    I've found that my game goes through crazy spurts. I started off having all girls and then after a year, a boy streak starts happening which includes multiples. I'm going to have to start getting influencing the genders from now on because it's getting ridiculous.
  • sunblondsunblond Posts: 1,035 Member
    In my last game, my 3rd generation had 2 times as many boys as girls, do when they aged up to young adults, I had to have several m/m gay couples and added a few gallery YA women do i could have most of them married off.

The other generations before and after had pretty much an even distribution of male/female births, so I'm not sure what happened with that bunch.
    Origin ID is: sobenewbie