Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

how do i uninstall

i have tried asking origin but they make it difficult to contact so i will ask here. How can i uninstall city life and reinstall it again. I have been having issues with the game since i installed it and am getting quite frustrated...keeping in mind i am not tech savvy.

Comments

• Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    Well I don't have the game in front of me right now, but I believe if you go to your game library on Origin and click on The Sims 4 there will be a section where it shows all of the DLC. If you scroll down to City Living there should be an option next to it to uninstall, or right click on it and an option will come up :)
  • Options
    LeGardePourpreLeGardePourpre Posts: 15,233 Member
    edited January 2017
    You can't uninstall a pack.

Many issues were brought by the latest patch (Jan. 12), you can only wait for the patch which will fix these issues.
  • Options
    MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    You might want to try this: from your Origin game library, right-click on Sims 4 and select "repair." It will go through and verify all your installed game files (not cc and not your saved games). If any of the game files have become corrupted for some reason, it will fix them.
  • Options
    Callum2000Callum2000 Posts: 802 Member
    You can't uninstall a pack.

Many issues were brought by the latest patch (Jan. 12), you can only wait for the patch which will fix these issues.

You can't uninstall packs at all? That's really weird
  • Options
    FairyGodMotherFairyGodMother Posts: 7,406 Member
    I wish it was like the S3 on Origin, you could install and uninstall whichever one you wanted/didnt want.

You can only uninstall the whole thing on Origin, so I would opt for the "repair" way. That usually fixes what is wrong.

If it is due to a bug from the patch, the only option I know of, is to wait till they fix it in another patch.

Hope everything works out for you!
  • Options
    Oh, if you are really frustrated, and your internet connection is good, just uninstall the whole thing and reinstall (I have done that several times, but for different reasons)

Maybe @rosemow can help?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Hello.
    You are unable to uninstall just one pack. You need to uninstall and reinstall the base game and all the packs that you own.
    Some things to do before uninstalling the game that may help with your issues are :
    Repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

Try switching between 32 bit mode and 64 bit mode and see if one of the modes helps the issues more than the other
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”
    Or change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 64-bit”

• Options
    JACKIEJOYJACKIEJOY Posts: 802 Member
    I read somewhere that uninstalling the game leaves bits and pieces of it behind in your computer. Try resetting first.
  • Options
    GalacticGalGalacticGal Posts: 28,562 Member
    JACKIEJOY wrote: »
    I read somewhere that uninstalling the game leaves bits and pieces of it behind in your computer. Try resetting first.

In that case you would simply have to clean the registry files on your computer. But I would advise trying the 'repair' option, first.
    You can download (free) all three volumes of my Night Whispers Star Trek Fanfiction here: http://galacticgal.deviantart.com/gallery/ You'll need to have a pdf reader. New websites: http://www.trekkiefanfiction.com/st-tos.php
    http://www.getfreeebooks.com/star-trek-original-series-fan-fiction-trilogy/
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow You are the best <3