Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Ralphael Jet Plane

RalphaelNinjaRalphaelNinja Posts: 1,461 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Lots
For download click Ralphael Jet Plane

I think my Plane was my third build and I was still very frustrated with EA for taking away all our build tools. The reason that I label the number of my build is that I figure that I won't last more than a dozen builds before I give up.

With my third build, I had not discover that I could tear off the ceiling of the basement giving room for my creations to expand. Planes makes more sense when it seems to be flying over your city. However without CFE, all plane builds, air balloons, flying ships, star trek, star wars are basically grounded. The other major problem with building planes in Sims 4 is that stairways are needed to get in and out of buildings and without CFE, the stairs remain attached to your plane and to the ground.

This was not true with the Sims 3. We can attach a stair to a floor in Sims 3 but if we raise the floor into the air, the staircase can float with the building in the air. Scrunch the floor down to four steps, then lift the floor into the air, you have an almost non existent stairway. In Sims 2, the staircase remains on the ground at which you can attach another faux floor to it but as the sim climbs the steps he floats upward to the building in the sky.

With Sims 4, we have no floating staircase, no circular staircase and no elevators. Thus a fixed staircase is needed. Thus we need to make it believable such as the plane has landed, the plane was bought by a billionaire and has converted it to his home and so forth. So I built a plane and created stairs to get to the plane.

01-16-17_10-15-40PM_zpsodzk7w8s.jpg

In this particular build I had the plane on four steel pillars with some oversize disc to make it look like a model plane.

I hated it.

I think I almost quit Sims 4 with this build, as the limitations was so demotivating. Then I discovered the ability to remove the Basement Ceilings. Basically create your basement, go down a level, click on the basement walls, go back up a floor and right click the yellow ring and select delete ceiling. The bottom-most basement needs a bit of motivation by actually using the hammer after you select delete ceiling.

Once the basements have been cleared out, you can use the wall tools to carve out structures within this area. However once in awhile a ceiling will return and remain. You will need to repeat the click to delete ceilings or to add ceilings and delete again. It is really finicky at times and it really test your patience.

Here are the result after the discovery of the deleted basement ceilings....

01-21-17_1-29-54AM_zps1dfg0lvb.jpg

01-21-17_1-28-54AM_zpsjm34t0s4.jpg

My imagination was totally blown away.

01-21-17_1-30-11AM_zpsem5yh9to.jpg

of course you still need stairs, but I created a huge post that made it believable that the plane was mounted as a display over an artificially created backyard underneath.

01-21-17_1-28-40AM_zpsfrqcsxpo.jpg

01-21-17_1-27-52AM_zpsc7dvgtc3.jpg

01-21-17_1-27-33AM_zpsr3ziqxpu.jpg

at the right angles, you cannot see the post :-P

01-21-17_1-27-13AM_zpslgic8oct.jpg

One of the problems of creating a believable airplane is the thickness of the wings. With Sims 3 and Sims 2, I use CFE to create a 4 step two floor wing. With Sims 4, the answer came in the form of wall top and lower trimmings. On my first build in order to keep the top trim I had to have a floor or at least a fence, thus my plane had to have this outline of the wing, one floor beneath. Frustrating indeed. I shared that build and I was ashamed. Later I discover the other trim that just needed a floor and thus I was able to rid the fence outline. The two items needed to make a believable plan is a round cockpit and thick wings.

01-21-17_1-29-54AM_zps1dfg0lvb.jpg

01-21-17_1-29-04AM_zpslztvehjg.jpg

01-21-17_1-32-50AM_zpszuf1uoe4.jpg

01-21-17_1-30-11AM_zpsem5yh9to.jpg

As you can see, I kept the foliage down to a minimum so the sims can use the whole area as a backyard. Originally I had no stairs down to the basement but I thought that was quite a waste of a nice pool so I deleted all the foliage and just use a handful of those cute mini trees. To ensure that the sims actually use the area, I added a lot of sim toys like the bar, chess and more.

01-21-17_1-30-34AM_zpsbtx9i5qv.jpg

01-21-17_1-30-59AM_zps31073zsj.jpg

With the ability to build down into an open basement, a few other builds becomes possible. Castles with moats and a drawbridge comes to mind. I have been looking at my Hogwarts build from the Sims 3 and have been contemplating on rebuilding that for the Sims 4. The only problem that I can foresee is the round towers of which there are no castle set for Sims 4. Of course the other problem is the missing circular staircase. Anyways, I hope you enjoy my semi diatribe of my sims 4 growth.

Please download my Ralphael Jet Plane"]Ralphael Jet Plane and make your comments as you see fit.

Thank you for reading.
Ralphael%20Creations%202_zpsiovmt0hx.jpg

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    The Jet Plane build looks very great! :) You are very creative! It looks great how the plane is over the backyard! Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill there and eating their meals at the table in the outdoors air. Nice bar area for sims to enjoy sittting on the stool having a drink from the bar. The rocks and water look great there! The plane is so creatively designed! The exterior reflects a plane so well !
    The build is great! :)
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    The Jet Plane build looks very great! :) You are very creative! It looks great how the plane is over the backyard! Sims will enjoy cooking on the grill there and eating their meals at the table in the outdoors air. Nice bar area for sims to enjoy sittting on the stool having a drink from the bar. The rocks and water look great there! The plane is so creatively designed! The exterior reflects a plane so well !
    The build is great! :)

warms my heart rosemow.... thank you.

I've just spent the last few hours loading up my builds in sims 3 for inspiration. I also took about 500 photos of all the layouts, most will be impossible to build in Sims 4 but it certainly does provide inspiration. A mini Hogwarts might be in forthcoming builds.

• Options
    soocoolsimsoocoolsim Posts: 6,262 Member

This looks pretty cool. Well done in figuring everything out for your plane. I too love playing with CFE in Sims 3. I don't like the Sims 4 gameplay so haven't tried building in it. Maybe one day... anyway, nice to see you are finding a way to be very creative. Keep on experimenting :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    soocoolsim wrote: »
    This looks pretty cool. Well done in figuring everything out for your plane. I too love playing with CFE in Sims 3. I don't like the Sims 4 gameplay so haven't tried building in it. Maybe one day... anyway, nice to see you are finding a way to be very creative. Keep on experimenting :smiley:

Much appreciated for your encouragements on both of my posts. I'll thank you on only one of my posts just so all my 3 posts don't dominate the top of builders forum as busy as it is :-P ; I think I get one read per hour. It is time for them to introduce Sims5 and take away a few more tools or back to two floors :-P
  • Options
    imdragonitimdragonit Posts: 1,019 Member
    you are beyond talented! Wonderful build :o
  • Options
    imdragonit wrote: »
    you are beyond talented! Wonderful build :o

really appreciate the compliment... thank you...