Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Glitchy Sim won't age up

A few days ago, I had one of my Adult Sims, Ayame, marry an Adult Townie, Taylor. I noticed something weird about Taylor right away: She didn't ever change outfits, even to work out, sleep, or take a shower. I thought it was just an amusing and harmless glitch, so I didn't do anything about it.

Recently, one of my Young Adult Sims (another Townie) aged up into an Adult, even though Taylor had yet to age up into an Elder. I grew suspicious and checked Taylor's Simology panel. It said she was an Adult, and that she had one day left until aging up into an Elder; however, the progress bar was completely empty.

I like Taylor, but I don't want her to live forever, so I tried to age her up into an Elder, as her wife had already aged up several days ago. However, although I could get her to add birthday candles, I couldn't get her to do any of the actions that would age her up. She wasn't just ineligible for the aging up; the options didn't even appear.

So I'm stuck with this apparently immortal Sim. I know aging is on because my other Sims are aging up.

I have tried exiting my game, moving my Mods folder to the desktop, and repairing the game at Origin. The glitch is still there.

Comments