Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How Long Do You Play....

wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
How long do you play with a Sim family or just a Sim? Do you wait until they die or do you play until you get bored with them? I almost want a change, but I don't at the same time because I've worked so hard to create my family. Just curious how you guys do it.
sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg

Comments

• ChloeDeCookieChloeDeCookie Posts: 2,467 Member
    I do it either until I get bored or ill start a new save when a new ep comes out
    To all you beautiful people out there, have a lovely day.
  • Lomelindi7Lomelindi7 Posts: 1,339 Member
    Usually just til I get bored. Been lasting a bit longer now that toddlers came out though
  • Kilov17Kilov17 Posts: 1,795 Member
    edited January 2017
    I play the Sim/ family till late into Adult stage, I tend to intend to keep playing till 0-3 days til Elder, but often it's more like 8-11 days, then I KILL them off. Don't want a playable Elder sim in my house...

This is actually new, as of the past month or so... I used to play till I randomly chose to have them 'try for a baby', then just move my Heir away from the house to play (with the Heir, that is) and move on or move the parents out and play with the Heir...
    Kilov17 (Gallery ID: SimOppresser)
    JrTlDGw.jpg
  • happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I only play a few sim days in each family at a time (aging off), and I play all premades, so I'm not moving very fast (plus I'm not playing very often). If I'm really having fun with one family I can stay with them one or two sim weeks in a row.

I don't do rotational play because I want to play who I feel like playing, when I have new plans or ideas for them.
    I also incorporate new families at a very slow rate, I've only played 3 new families from San Myshuno consistently since the EP came out. I do plan to get to the others eventually. So not playing vampire premades before .... months probably.

To get an idea of the slowness of my gaming pace, I have pregnancies set to last 60 sim days.
  • SaccadonSaccadon Posts: 112 Member
    As long as I can since I play as the same Sim every single game
    "It's not about changing the world. It's about doing our best to leave the world... The way it is." - Big Boss, MGS4
  • Clk1143Clk1143 Posts: 1,014 Member
    I play through many generations. When a new expansion pack comes out I go to my tester sim family and test things out with them. Then I go back to my main families and play them. I currently have three main families, they are at four or five generation.
  • mirta000mirta000 Posts: 2,974 Member
    until they die. My sims have children fairly late, so as they die children are either teens, or just a bit into young adult stage.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I'm just trying to figure out if I want to continue with my family or if I want to start a new one and have a single mom with a toddler
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    In TS4 I can't let my Sims die. I could in TS3 but not here.
  • wylmite1986wylmite1986 Posts: 1,771 Member
    I've never let them die unless they got caught on fire by accident or something
    Simanite wrote: »
    sims_zpswwzalnus.jpg
  • SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    I've never let them die unless they got caught on fire by accident or something
    Simanite wrote: »

I used to let my Sims die of old age but I can't now. And a couple of times I let a Sim die in a fire for stories (in 2 and 3) on purpose. Maybe I'm more attached to my Sims but I also think I've become more sentimental as I've got older.
  • wynwyn Posts: 901 Member
    Usually til I get bored. I have a few saves that I hop between though so I don't generally abandon any of my families, I just hop to one that's doing something different :P
    Origin ID: WyntirLily
  • herdarkpassengerherdarkpassenger Posts: 105 Member
    I play with them forever haha. But I play rotationally, so I have a lot of families/coupes/singles to go through so while I have a rotation list for my sanity, I also pick whoever is striking my fancy at the moment. Do I feel like advancing a career? Making a baby? Achieving an aspiration? etc etc. Go ahead and make a new family and have your old family make some new friends! Or enemies... or lovers?
  • TDU90TDU90 Posts: 1,822 Member
    Clk1143 wrote: »
    I play through many generations. When a new expansion pack comes out I go to my tester sim family and test things out with them. Then I go back to my main families and play them. I currently have three main families, they are at four or five generation.

Such a cool way to play the game. Im a freak. I have never played a family until death or completed a generation. And i have been playing the sims since sims 1. Shame. I have only ever played a sim or family for a few days or weeks, deleted them and started over.

Sims 4 is so perfect to me though and the toddlers and gameplay so fun for me that i now have the patience and desire to play it through.. I would love to have generations of one family.
  • StrawberryYogurtStrawberryYogurt Posts: 2,799 Member
    Till im bored. I usually play out a storyline in my head with my sims being the characters, and once I reach the "end" i get bored with them. My longest legacy I played is my sim got married, had a kid, the kid aged to a teen and i got bored after that and started abew.
    The Sims has currently lost its identity. Bring it back for TS5

FixedCoarseFawn-max-1mb.gif

Personality,depth,humor,consequences,lore,customization.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    I usually play with challenges, so I'll play my sims until the challenge ends or until I get bored with the challenge and abandon it.
  • AiiSandraAiiSandra Posts: 47 Member
    I've been playing with the same family since sims 4 was released! Almost 30 generations now! :)
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    AiiSandra wrote: »
    I've been playing with the same family since sims 4 was released! Almost 30 generations now! :)
    Almost 30 generations? Oh wow, that's super impressive!

Out of curiosity, do you have their family tree intact somewhere?

• JimedJimed Posts: 692 Member
    Usually I play until I get bored or enough of their skills are maxed out.
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    I play a legacy, mostly on a normal lifespan. Sometimes I stop aging in the YA state of a new generation when their parents have died and "enjoy life" with them.
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ToreshinboToreshinbo Posts: 561 Member
    I usually played until I got bored with them. But now when I purchased City Living and there were so many things to do, I sticked to my family in San Myshuno. Only after I decided that they were my main family (and I switched aging for all sims on, on the long life span) I couldn't be more happier. (Yes, I filled all worlds with my own sims, now most of them are elders) But it feels realistic. This is the first family too that I don't cheat with :)
  • JessiejessanJessiejessan Posts: 220 Member
    Mostly until I'm bored with them :blush:
  • snarklessnarkles Posts: 244 Member
    For The Sims 3, usually until the family is so glitchy and changing lots will do nothing to save them. Switching towns is usually an option, but I hate how they lose their entire family tree, especially if, say, they've got siblings living in other houses that they would just forget. My current TS3 family is on gen 4 and they're doing great in terms of lot-breaking glitches, but I haven't played them since TS4's toddler update.

As for TS4, I've never even aged a sim up to an elder since I only played minimally when the game first came out. But now I've got a family of four with two adults, a teen, and a child that I started from scratch, so we'll see! I kind of want to do the 7 Toddler Challenge, so I might abandon them for a bit.
    xSfr2Kh.jpg
  • Scribal_GoddessScribal_Goddess Posts: 748 Member
    Usually I play 3-7 days at a time, but as I still play TS2 and I have a lot of families, I usually lose them via glitch before I'm ever "done" with them.

When I was playing TS3, I played my simself to the end of her lifetime want, and then didn't have any idea what else to do.
    Patron Goddess of Newbs and Ninnyhammers.
    TS2 Graphics Fix Tutorial]
  • TinkerbellLoverTinkerbellLover Posts: 32 Member
    I play the same house till i bore of them or a new game comes out. Usually the second.