Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Unable to Download the Sims 4 at all!

2...Next

Comments

• DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    That's odd. You should be having errors to boot it up in safe mode. It could be some program you have on your computer that is messing it up.

Okay, so now you're saying you have the games installed but it won't update? Do what rosemow said.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • pineapplerunawaypineapplerunaway Posts: 153 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    That's odd. You should be having errors to boot it up in safe mode. It could be some program you have on your computer that is messing it up.

Okay, so now you're saying you have the games installed but it won't update? Do what rosemow said.

I tried your instructions to the T and managed to get it properly into safe mode. But from there I got the exact same error message and when I tried to uninstall the game from safe mode, it told it could not be uninstalled because there was a corrupt game file and I had to repair the game in Origin first. However, there is no option to "repair game" when I right click TS4 although it is present in all other games.
    Get off my lawn!
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member

I tried your instructions to the T and managed to get it properly into safe mode. But from there I got the exact same error message and when I tried to uninstall the game from safe mode, it told it could not be uninstalled because there was a corrupt game file and I had to repair the game in Origin first. However, there is no option to "repair game" when I right click TS4 although it is present in all other games.

Hello
    You need to be online to be able to repair the game.
    rosemow wrote: »

Hello
    You need to be online to be able to repair the game.

I'm definitely online, I've done lots of internet tests and made sure I was connected through Origin.

Ahhh, I think I've tried everything in this thread twice to no avail, and EA hasn't gotten back to me after I told them their suggestion didn't work. Sooo frustrating.
    Get off my lawn!
    Is the game installed at the moment, but you are unable to play it?
    If that is how your computer is, then your game should be completely updated because you reinstalled it again.

Try starting the game in windowed mode
    https://help.ea.com/en-us/help/the-sims/the-sims-4/playing-the-sims-4-in-windowed-mode

Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game
    edited January 2017
    Is the game installed at the moment, but you are unable to play it?
    If that is how your computer is, then your game should be completely updated because you reinstalled it again.

The game is installed, but without the latest patch. Whenever I try to play, it says it must be updated, and this is the update that ultimately fails.

I tried this - it seemed to make no effect at all, I was still prompted to do the failed update.
    Try switching back to 32 bit mode and see if that helps. To do that ,
    Go to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture.
    Click on “Game Properties”. Click on Advanced Launch options.
    Change the “When launching this Game” setting to “The Sims 4 32-bit”

Try turning off origin in-game and see if that helps. To do that, go,to Game Library in Origin . Right click on The Sims 4 picture. Click on “Game Properties”. Then untick the box that enables origin in-game

Along with the "repair game" thing, none of these options exist in any menu option on TS4's game menu. I'm sooooo baffled by all this.

Get off my lawn!
    Can you try uninstalling the game again? Try going to the " programs and features " section , click on sims 4 and try to uninstall the game. Then you will need to reinstall it again :(
    So you're not seeing any of this when you right click?
    kNfRo8Z.jpg

If so it could be that it wasn't installed properly which could be cuz you did a restore and thus, technically your computer might have uninstalled the game even tho it's showing up.

Do what rosemow said by using the Programs and Features in Windows to uninstall it. Type in "programs and features" in your Windows search bar and locate TS4 from there and uninstall.
    832XG3D.gif
    Can you try uninstalling the game again? Try going to the " programs and features " section , click on sims 4 and try to uninstall the game. Then you will need to reinstall it again :(

I did this, and was unable to install the game again at all, not just the patch :(
    Get off my lawn!
    So you're not seeing any of this when you right click?
    kNfRo8Z.jpg

If so it could be that it wasn't installed properly which could be cuz you did a restore and thus, technically your computer might have uninstalled the game even tho it's showing up.

Do what rosemow said by using the Programs and Features in Windows to uninstall it. Type in "programs and features" in your Windows search bar and locate TS4 from there and uninstall.

I've done this too, to no avail :(
    Get off my lawn!
    So update: I went the nuclear route and spent the past 24 hours backing up important files and doing a complete system restore of my computer to factory settings. STILL, the error pops up that it cannot be downloaded. I'm so completely at a loss, EA has yet to get back to me after their instructions didn't work :/
    Get off my lawn!
    I think that you may need to be in touch with EA Help again. I am sorry :( They may be able to assist you. It may be best to try to talk to them rather than waiting for a reply.
    Sorry that you are having the problem. It might be something tied to your Origin account. I hope EA will get back to you soon.
    832XG3D.gif
    Hey guys, thanks for all the advice! I ended up fixing the problem by swapping computers with my mom! Since there was nothing else wrong with mine, we just did and switcheroo and it downloaded just fine on her computer. Which is strange because they are the exact same computers. Oh well, she doesn't play the Sims so everything is as normal for all!
    Get off my lawn!
    Hey guys, thanks for all the advice! I ended up fixing the problem by swapping computers with my mom! Since there was nothing else wrong with mine, we just did and switcheroo and it downloaded just fine on her computer. Which is strange because they are the exact same computers. Oh well, she doesn't play the Sims so everything is as normal for all!

Hello .
    It was good to read about your workaround for the issue. It was great that sims 4 downloaded without issue onto your Mother's computer,

Hello .
    It was good to read about your workaround for the issue. It was great that sims 4 downloaded without issue onto your Mother's computer,

It was great we were able to switch! She did poke around in the game before bringing it to me... now she wants me to send her screenshots of the Sims doing cute or funny things to show her students XD one her girls looooooves the Sims and keeps asking to see the toddlers! So adorable.
    Get off my lawn!

Hello .

It was great we were able to switch! She did poke around in the game before bringing it to me... now she wants me to send her screenshots of the Sims doing cute or funny things to show her students XD one her girls looooooves the Sims and keeps asking to see the toddlers! So adorable.

That is very special ! <3 The toddlers are very cute in the game!