Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Corwim's Creations (Vampire Lair & Buffy sims & art p. 36-37

Comments

• Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Congratulations on Maxis favouriting Bedtime Stories! @Corwim :) That is exciting! I already posted this on the room challenge thread, but wanted to also post about it on your showcase thread also :)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Absolutely love Bedtime Stories, such a beautiful, fun and adorable room, many congrats on your Maxis fav :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    CorwimCorwim Posts: 3,218 Member
    edited January 2017
    Thank you so much @rosemow and @masajo ! I was incredibly surprised when I saw it just now! :) The downloads, favourites and amazing comments went through the roof, I'm so happy right now! B)

I also just got the Vampire game pack and working hard on building a place to live for my first vamp!

His name's Killian Van Halen and he's a rock star vampire. Here are his normal and dark look:
    Killian%20Van%20Halen%20closeup%203_zpsnrgcevnq.jpgKillian%20Van%20Halen%20closeup%202_zps9wssxfnh.jpg

And this is a first taste of his living room/office/rehearsal space:
    Vamp%20Industrial%201_zpswzuwrimk.jpg

Thought it would be fun to create a modern/industrial looking house for the more contemporary oriented vamps, but still with a gothic kind of touch. :D

So far, I had a ball playing around with all the vampire options in CAS. Gonna have fun exploring all the new gameplay options as well I'm sure! B)
  • Options
    masajomasajo Posts: 6,011 Member
    Great new vamp and your WIP is looking fabulous :)
    uzE2H1V.jpg
  • Options
    Killian looks a great vampire sim! :) His hair and his facial features look great! His living room is looking very nice! He will enjoy playing the musical instruments there.
  • Options
  • Options
    WrathofCathWrathofCath Posts: 4,419 Member
    Congratulations on the Maxis Fave for your toddler room, Cor! It's such an adorable room! :smiley::star::star:

Killian is Fabulous! Love both looks and his cool outfits. B) The living/rehearsal room is looking awesome too! Love, love the new furniture that came with the pack! Can't Wait to see it in person. ;)
  • Options
    yanti68yanti68 Posts: 19,017 Member
    Hey there, welcome back! Great to see you playing the sims 4! How are you doing Wim? Love the toddlers room , the diner and the starter. Have to check them up in the gallery to give them a well deserved favs. Congrats on the Maxis fav! How exciting! Happy new year Wim! :)
  • Options
    Thank @WrathofCath ! :) The Maxis Fave was definitely a wonderful surprise!

The new build items are fantastic indeed! Love the furniture, the new statues, clutter and especially the new decals showing wall cracks, spider webs and torn wallpaper, perfect if you want to make a house older looking or worn!

Hi @yanti68 ! I'm doing ok. Life's a bit stressful atm, but glad I can put aside some time to play Sims 4! How are you? Thanks for checking out my creations, glad you like them! :) Happy New Year too and see you around here on the forum! :)
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Killian Van Halen
    Gallery Link

Killian%20Van%20Halen%20closeup4_zpsuuzkoogj.jpg

Turned out you couldn't change existing sims into a vampire in CAS, so my planned vampire sim Tariq would just have to wait to be turned in game. Reason enough to come up with another vampire after installing the new game pack, and so I came up with Killian! :) For some reason vampires and rock music go hand in hand in my mind, don't know why lolz, but there you go, my inspiration. :D The game adds a new instrument, the organ, so what better instrument could my sim excel in? B) The new game pack caters more to classic vampires, but I was able to manage to find enough fitting clothing for his various styles. Took some time because I wanted his regular looks and his dark forms to be the same items, but colour coded (and that includes his tattoos! :D ). One thing's for sure though, I love all the facial options they've added to the game in this pack!

Backstory:
    Who knew the organ had such a rocking sound? Killian is the hottest act to hit the music business in decades. But Killian doesn't only have a thirst for fame, he also craves vampire knowledge and his adoring fans' plasma!

Regular looks and dark form for Everyday and Formal clothing:
    Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Everyday%201_zpsrthceefv.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Everyday%202_zpsuvhreqgm.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Formal%201_zpss96ihmkl.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Formal%202_zpsvh5bb2mg.jpg

Night wear and Sports wear:
    Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Night%201_zpshock57qf.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Night%202_zpsufivhbbz.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Sports%201_zpsaete3sb9.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Sports%202_zpsgtzf0jof.jpg

Party wear and Swim wear:
    Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Party%201_zpsioavjpyp.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Party%202_zpssu2okopm.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Swim%201_zpsqqcsavw7.jpg Killian%20Van%20Halen%20Swim%202_zpsilyji6fs.jpg
    Post edited by Corwim on
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Modern Vamp Living
    Gallery Link

Modern%20Vamp%20Living%20Closeup%201_zpsv3tmpj1e.jpg

Now I had my vampire sim, and inspired by the next challenge in Rosemow's "One Room, One Week, One Theme" thread, I decided to first build a living room for Killian. Being a rock star, I couldn't picture him in a classic Victorian mansion, but more in an industrial build. Having been around for a few centuries though, Killian would have acquired a Gothic taste in decoration, so I tried to incorporate that in the room too. The challenge was looking for a room where vampires could entertain their guests, and one that would incorporate the new organ musical instrument in its design. Now how would a musician entertain his guests? By performing with his band of course! So I included a rehearsal/performance corner with some seating for the guests. Added to that, there's also a jukebox which sims can use to listen to music or dance together. Next was the proper living room. Here the furniture is most gothic, as are the decorations, but I added activity objects of modern homes, like a tv and a gaming console. Next, and still inspired by the last Room challenge, I also include a reading nook where two sims could read or discuss books together. And finally, I also wanted Killian to have an office where he would negotiate with his producers (and use his vampiric powers :smiley: ) to get the best record deal possible, so there's an office nook as well.

Here are the pictures:

The stage for shows and rehearsals:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%204_zpsoxtecmgj.jpg

Jukebox for dancing:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%208_zps7r3sspic.jpg

The proper living room:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%202_zpswbvpb2zq.jpg

The reading nook (with the office peeking in behind the bookcase :smile: )
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%207_zpsjaiyojcl.jpg

And the office nook:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%203_zps6dyfqpuz.jpg

Overview:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%206_zpsmgdirtaw.jpg
    Post edited by Corwim on
  • Options
    And then it was time to take my sims for a test run of the place! :smiley:

Killian, having just moved in into his new place, doesn't know any of the locals. And having an eternal thirst, he was going to have to get to know the neighbours if he was ever going to seduce them into letting them drink their blood. Plus, he could sell a bunch of his albums to them as well. ;)

So he invited the neighbours over for an evening of entertaining! :)

First Killian took to the stage together with Tariq on guitar, Jordan on piano and Sarah playing the violin. He himself would of course be playing the organ and performing the lead vocals:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%205_zpsgjqoqzku.jpg

Afterwards, the group split up for various activities. Zander, Sarah and Jordan took to the dance floor:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%209_zpsco9jb5a4.jpg

Stephen and Amber picked up one of Killian's vampire tomes and were intrigued with all the vampire lore:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2011_zpscd14rfrq.jpg

Meanwhile Killian and band mate Tariq challenged each other to a session of multiplayer gaming. Tariq could not remain seated, as Killian was beating him every time: :D
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2010_zps53wsdngs.jpg

Killian, intrigued by the Jensen siblings, took both of them to his office for a private getting to know them chat (while playing The Sims 3 it seems :smiley: ) and told them about his vampire nature. Especially Sarah seemed to be fascinated by Killian's stories!
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2012_zpsyo06dejs.jpg

Late into the night, Killian thought he had gained enough of Sarah's goodwill and he asked her of he could drink from her:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2013_zpspnqtnccg.jpg

To his surprise (and mine), she readily agreed:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2014_zpssmkqcbuk.jpg

Not that she was enjoying it very much it seems:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2015_zpsx57lbi66.jpg

The drink completely rejuvinated Killian and he looked extatic:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2016_zpsqukpgwul.jpg

Meanwhile Jordan was so into his game, he didn't notice a single thing (loved his expression here :smiley: )
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2017_zpsxz8qxja6.jpg

And Stephen went for a perfect flash of a smile for the camera, while Amber is looking slightly uncomfortable for this picture :smile:
    Modern%20Vamp%20Living%2018_zpsys0k5tvv.jpg
  • Options
    Killian is a great vampire! His outfits look great! It was great seeing both the regular and dark forms.
    Modern Vamp Living is a great room for vampires! :) The layout of the room and the furnishing of each of the areas of the room looks so nice! The brick wall texture gives a great industrial feel to the room. Very nice sofa seats sitting area ! It looks great how the red sofas are facing each other with the coffee table in between them. The ship is a nice touch on the table top. It is a very nice area for the vampires to enjoy sitting chattiing , or watch tv or play video games together in front of the fire. The statue looks great near the window, and pictures placed either sides of the tv add a good look to the tv wall area. The black curtains look great there. Very nice musical stage and rehearsal area! It looks great how you have used the divider to separate off the music area . The musical themed pictures look great on the wall ! Sims will enjoy playing the pipe organ, guitar, keyboard and violin together there, or sitting on the three coloured stools enjoying listening to the music being performed . The sun decor and shield look great on the organ wall, and the piping adds to the industial look. The sims will enjoy listening and dancing to the jukebox music ! Very nice booknook area! Sims will enjoy resting on the chairs there reading a book. The floor patterning looks great! Very nice office nook! Sims will enjoy sitting at the desk table using the computer. It is great that there are two armchairs there for sims to discuss business matters face to face. The birds are a nice touch on the wall.The furnishing of the room looks very nice!
    It was great seeing the pictures and reading about what happened with the sims when they tested out your room! :)
  • Options
    CasseeCassee Posts: 3,710 Member
    Yeah!! I found you...welcome back, Corwim♥♥ Thanks for stopping by my thread.

I have fav'd all your builds and Sims in Gallery and, from 3 minutes ago, I am following you now. 'High Five' ;-)

Love the starter and OMG...the toddlers...oh so cute...I played for a little while, but for some reason Ms Cath's computer and my laptop decided to riot and quit. :p Luckily my new laptop will be here next week and I can recover my important files off hard drive. Poor Ms Cath has to wait a little while... :'(

I am soooo digging this vamp of yours. LOVE the hair.

Aaaah this waiting is driving me crazy!

Looking forward to seeing more amazing builds and Sims from you....

Look me up on Gallery....Origin ID: horseenut

Toodles♥♥
    The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time. Bertrand Russell
    sims4siggie2018_zpslw60zcgd.png
    Cassee's Corner: https://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/783956/cassees-corner-new-5309-memory-lane-wip-page-72/p1
  • Options
    StSciurusStSciurus Posts: 1,580 Member
    Killian is rockin' his new place! Great job on the vampire and the build! <3:smiley:
  • Options
    Thank you so much for visiting and for your amazing comments @rosemow ! Hehe @StSciurus , he sure loves rocking out in there! :) Thanks for visiting and leaving a comment!

Hey @Cassee ! Thank you, it's good to be back! :) Thank you so much for visiting and for all of your Fav's on the Gallery! I'm gonna look you up on the Gallery in a minute when I jump in game (find it so much easier to browse it in game than here on the website) and follow you right back, I really love your creations!

So sorry to hear about your computer problems! It's good though that your new laptop will arrive next week so you won't be simless for too long. :) I feel the pain though, my desktop crashed and burned late last year and now I only have my 4 year old laptop. It runs Sims 4 okish, but Sims 3 with all installed content is a no go. I'm having great fun in Sims 4 though! :) And saving up in the mean time for a new desktop so I can play and create in both games without problems in the near future again.

Hehe, yes, toddlers are super cute in Sims 4, I love playing with them here, they have a lot more personality than they had in Sims 3, love it! Glad you like my vamp and my starter, and I hope I'll have something new to show here real soon. :)
  • Options
    RyeCris16RyeCris16 Posts: 2,293 Member
    Wonderful showcase, your creations are so fabulous! :smiley:
    I especially love your room builds. Your Bedtime Stories is so cute! Love the fantasy theme you chose. The beary reading area is so adorable! Belated congrats on Maxis' fave, I already added this to my faves as well! :smiley: I also love your Modern Vamp Living build. Very gorgeous furnishing of this build, love the color scheme. I'm adding this to my faves if I haven't did. :smiley:

And your Killian Van Halen is so hunky as well! :heart_eyes: Also adding this to my faves! :smiley:

I'll be sure to bookmark this thread and follow your wonderful creations. :smiley:
    EA ID: RyeCris16 | Tags: #RyeCris16
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
    Congrats on the Fav' sweetie! I have you all booked marked up now and will be able to see when you post new lovely's! Have a very wonderful Sim Sunday dear. <3
  • Options
    Hi @RyeCris16 ! Thank you so much for your kind comments! :) Thank you for the congrats, the Maxis fav was an amazing and unexpected surprises! I'm glad you like the rooms and Killian (he's been a blast to play in game hehe, never played a snobbish sim before :D ). Thank you as well for the bookmark. I also came across your showcase (love it!), consider yourself bookmarked and followed on the Gallery as well! :)

Hi @BreeMiles ! Thank you so much! :) Hope you a beautiful start for the new week!
  • Options
    edited January 2017
    Gothic Glamour Living
    Gallery Link

Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%2011_zpsacb9bt9e.jpg

I loved the idea of this week's One Room One Week One Theme challenge so much, I made another vampire living room, this time especially for Victor and Victoria, where they can host their gathering welcoming all the new vampires to Forgotten Hollow. This was Rosemow's write up fo the challenge:
    Victor and Victoria are vampires who have lived in Forgotten Hollow for many, many years. There has recently been many new vampire families who have moved in to the town. Victor and Victoria are very friendly and welcoming vampires and have decided to arrange an evening where vampires can come and meet and get to know each other. They need to have a room for this meeting get together, Of course there will be no " normal" food at this evening because they are vampires! But there is going to be playing of the pipe organ. Could you please design a vampire themed living room where the vampires can meet each other? It needs to have the pipe organ in it.
    Thankyou very much for your role in helping the new vampires feel welcome in Forgotten Hollow !

I also just got the Vintage Glamour stuff pack, so decided to mix up that style with the more typical Gothic vampire style for their living room. Hope they'll find plenty to do here to entertain their vampire guests! :)

First, the overview of the room:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%207_zpseikqomck.jpg

The cosy seating area by the fire, and close by the bar (for once they have mastered making plasma cocktails of course ;) )
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%206_zps9niztg7a.jpg

Next to that is the organ and the vintage record player, both providing the musical means to bust a move on the dance floor:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%201_zpsg89awtl7.jpg

We then move over to the game corner where up to four sims can play either cards or don't wake the llama:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%205_zpspnsb1vra.jpg

Up next is the reading corner, because which vampire doesn't like to read up on vampire lore?
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%204_zpskaiqbrbu.jpg

We then have the regal entrance to the room:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%202_zpsbnl8h3mw.jpg

And finally here's the bar. Behind the divider is a place of quietness where two sims can play a game of chess in utter concentration and without being disturbed:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%203_zpsxokkk0vh.jpg

Building done, in go the sim testers! :D These are Killian and Tariq, accompanied by my versions of Victor and Victoria: :)

First, let's try out a game of don't wake the llama:
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%208_zpsyl6wjqq2.jpg

And then it's on to the dancefloor!
    Gothic%20Glamour%20Living%209_zps8prw58dp.jpg
  • Options
    Hello :) I will repost here what I wrote about the room in the challenge thread

The layout and furnishing of Gothic Glamour Living looks very nice! :) It is a very nice mix of vintage and gothic themes. The red pattern wall texture gives a very nice feel and look to the room! Very nice sofa seats fireplace sitting area! It is nice that there is a bar there. Sims will enjoy sitting chatting on the sofa near the fire, listening to the pipe organ music and having a drink from the bar. The lights look nice placed either sides of the fireplace and the portraits are a nice touch on the fireplace wall. The giraffe lamp on the side table is great ! The music nook area is very nice! It looks very nice how the curtains have been placed either sides of the pipe organ and the candle wall lights look nice. The tiled dance floor is great! Sims will enjoy dancing to the music from the gramophone. The games corner nook is great! Sims will have fun playing gsmes at the table. The grandfather clock and the family wall pictures look homely. Very nice reading corner nook! The bookcases look great how they are placed there, and the chairs look stylishly nice! Sims will enjoy relaxing in the chairs having a read of a book. The patterned floor rug there looks nice. The statues look great either sides of the door, guarding the entrance area. Very nice chess nook! It looks great how the wall divider separates off the nook. The floral picture is pretty for sims to see when playing chess there.
    It is a very nice living room for vampires! :)
  • Options
    BreeMilesBreeMiles Posts: 8,910 Member
  • Options
    Thank you again @rosemow ! :smile:

Lol @BreeMiles : I think you may be right. :D But as long as I'm having fun along with them, it's all good by me. ;) Thank you for stopping by!
  • Options
    Jake Storm, Vampire Hunter
    Gallery Link

Jake%20Storm%20closeup%201_zpsssfsjb3h.jpg

With all these vampires populating our game and the Gallery, I figured we needed a sim who looked after the interests of our poor human sims! ;) This is Jake's story:

Do vampires come calling at night? Have ghosts taken possession of your furniture? Who you gonna call? Jake Storm that is! Travelling from town to town, Jake is a loner who made it his life goal to fight the forces of darkness. Don't fall for him though, he's not exactly the commitment kind of guy!

Outfits (i picked neutral colours as he would be the sim who would prefer to blend in and not stand out, you know, professionally :smile: ):

Everyday, Formal, Sports wear, Night wear, Party wear, swimwear:
    Jake%20Storm%20Everyday%201_zps2ac0mc4q.jpg Jake%20Storm%20Formal%201_zpsmzze7dsk.jpg Jake%20Storm%20Sports%201_zpsdxm8zjh1.jpg Jake%20Storm%20Night%201_zpsrj69hlwu.jpg Jake%20Storm%20Party%201_zpsdoyg6s8p.jpg Jake%20Storm%20Swim%201_zpsjqpxl1wn.jpg
  • Options
    Jake is a very nice Vampire Hunter! :) His background details are great! It was a good idea to choose a neutral colour scheme for his clothing , so that he doesn't stand out. It will help him in his work. He has a very nice face.