Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Sam Beckett (Quantum Leap) Sims 3 story :)

Comments

• Options
    ZeeGeeZeeGee Posts: 5,356 Member
    emorrill wrote: »
    Emma_watching_over_Sam_1.jpg

Such a sweeeet pic. And such a good episode. Sorry, Bruce, but hey, we all knew it was coming. Buh bye. :lol:

• Options
    emorrillemorrill Posts: 8,121 Member
    ZeeGee wrote: »

Such a sweeeet pic. And such a good episode. Sorry, Bruce, but hey, we all knew it was coming. Buh bye. :lol:

@ZeeGee ^ROTFLOL! :joy:

Oh dear...is my writing really that predictable? ;)

Thank you <3

(Now it's your turn to post a story update. :p )
    52607642900_bbbac3a314_c.jpg
  • Options

No, Emma's feelings are that predictable. That means you're doing a great job. :love:

It's finally flowing! Got the first scene almost done. That was the hardest. It's always hard when you have a story to tell but can't find the animations to tell it so have to alter the story to fit the animations. Still the same story, just not told in the exact way that I wanted to tell it. :)
  • Options
    It's always hard when you have a story to tell but can't find the animations to tell it so have to alter the story to fit the animations. Still the same story, just not told in the exact way that I wanted to tell it. :)

@ZeeGee ^Indeed!! Or have to alter the story to fit the poses!! :confused:

Story of my LIFE as a Sims 3 writer hun! :wink::blush: Glad to see I am not alone.

Thanks for the comment. <3
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member

@ZeeGee ^ROTFLOL! :joy:

Thank you <3

I agree with Zee, your writing is not predictable, the feeling of Emma are. There is obviously a lot of Em coming through Emma and we know you like Sam a little...just a little though, I think you find him tolerable... ;)
  • Options

@ZeeGee ^Indeed!! Or have to alter the story to fit the poses!! :confused:

Story of my LIFE as a Sims 3 writer hun! :wink::blush: Glad to see I am not alone.

Oh yes the struggle is real. I used to tell mini picture stories in my old picturesque thread. You probably know about Blamsart? One of my favorites. She actually has a story thread on here now but I've not had time to read it yet.

I agree with Zee, your writing is not predictable, the feeling of Emma are. There is obviously a lot of Em coming through Emma and we know you like Sam a little...just a little though, I think you find him tolerable... ;)

Maybe just a LITTLE. :lol: Well put @Charlottesmom
  • Options
    bekkasanbekkasan Posts: 10,171 Member
    @emorrill Agree with the others. Your writing is not predictable at all. We all know how Emma feels and how Sam feels, he just doesn't know it yet! And, the coma guy, I am sure is feeling her love. :wink:
  • Options
    Thank you ladies. :kissing_heart: You're the best!!!
    @Charlottesmom @ZeeGee @bekkasan

And yes, there is a lot of me in Emma's character and Sam (Scott Bakula) is the hottness! :love:

:mrgreen:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    Visits From Friends
    “We can choose to be affected by the world or we can choose to affect the world.”
    ~Heidi Wills

Sam continued to rest in a coma for the next two months.

During that time, the doctor informed Emma one day, and Catarina who also happened to be visiting, that, "Sam's body is completely healed now and faring nicely. His vital signs are right where we need them to be. If only," he shook his head, "he'd just wake up already. He doesn't appear to be responding very well to medication."
    Emma and Catarina nodded in agreement.
    "However, that doesn't mean it isn't having some effect. Every body is different so we are still hopeful that he'll wake soon," the doctor continued, "especially since he's doing so well physically." He shot them a quick glance. "We'll continue to do everything we can. Worst case scenario, he doesn't wake in another month or two and we try DBS--Deep Brain Stimulation--but I have a feeling we really won't need to." Then he returned to writing down a few notes in Sam's chart. "I'm still holding out hope ladies. I hope you are too?"

Sams_visitors_2.jpg

Emma and Catarina glanced at each other as Emma responded for them both, "Of course!"
    Hope...

During that two months time Sam received visits from a few good friends.

First was Catarina Vanderburg, who finally made it over to inform him of some very important news.

"It is done," she told Sam after saying Hello. "Emmaline Rhoen has been arrested and is being held in a very secure institution where she will stay until you wake, and then her trial will begin." She smirked for a moment. "Not that a trial will do her any good. After yours and my testimony, and the other charges against her, she will face the death penalty for sure!"

Wishing she could witness Sam's reaction to this news, her face fell as she was reminded of his current, vegetative state. Sighing she said, "You know Sam, I also wanted to tell you that my little Rebecca really has played a part in bringing my family back together." She chuckled. "Sebastian plays with and treats her as if she were his own daughter. He's very protective of her. And Francisca's face lights up every time she sees her. Becca just loves her older siblings and they are making great memories together." Then she lowered her head. "Renauld has also been an incredible father...more so than I ever expected him to be." Her cheeks grew hot as tears began to well up in her eyes. "He still doesn't know that Rebecca isn't his," she sniffed, then looked back upon Sam. "I know you counseled me to be honest with him about that and I've wanted to...I REALLY have! I just...couldn't." She cried, pressing the tips of her forefingers against her forehead. "Everything's been going so well between all of us...We're happy for once in such a long time!" Allowing the tears to fall she went on to say, "But in order for it to stay that way, I must be honest and open with my family. I know that's what you would say again...and I know it's true." She sighed. "I could really use your continued counsel Sam, or even your help, when I inform Renauld. Please...wake up soon!"

Sams_visitors_1.jpg

Then she added, "Thank you for always being there for me and for caring about me," she choked on her emotions, "when I never gave anyone reason to."

She buried her face in her hands and sobbed.

The next friend that came to visit was Liam O'Dourke.

"Hey Sam," he greeted with a wave upon walking in. He felt kind of silly doing it, but he quickly shrugged it off.

more_Sam_in_hospital_10.jpg

Throwing his hands into his pocket and rocking on his heels for a moment he sighed before saying, "So...I uh...heard about everything that happened and man," he scratched at the back of his head, "I'm in complete shock over it. I mean, I always knew that Rhoen lady was nuts, but I never would've figured she had murder in the back of her mind." He shook his head. "I think we're all going to be sleeping better at night now thanks to you Sam."

Just then Al appeared on the scene. He flinched for a second upon seeing Liam there.

Liam went on. "You know Sam seeing you like this makes me feel bad for not being a better friend and," he paused, "for me negatively questioning your intentions about that Bracelet invention of yours..."
    Al's ears and eyebrows perked up.
    "...and I know this is going to sound silly, but," he scratched his head again, "I thought you were going to use it as a time traveling device or something."
    Al's eyes widened at the irony.
    "...and that you were going to change a bunch of stuff in history, for personal reasons or whatever, I dunno, and then my life would change or I would cease to exist and," he trailed off chuckling, while picking at his nails. "I know, it was a pretty ridiculous thing to worry about huh?"
    "Not at all," Al mumbled.
    "...I mean seriously though, like anyone could find a way to time travel! It just isn't possible!"
    Al simply shook his head with a snicker.

"Anyway," Liam changed the subject, "maybe when you wake up we can go out and have a drink and I can challenge you to that game of chess we never got around to. I'm the undefeated champ around here you know." He stood proudly.
    Al lowered the Handlink and said, "Well not for long kid because Sam was a child chess prodigy so good luck in challenging him and keeping that title!"

more_Sam_in_hospital_11.jpg

"Bye Sam. I hope you wake up soon. Hang in there buddy."

Emma still kept constant vigil over Sam during the past eight weeks.

more_Sam_in_hospital_4.jpg

She even found some other interesting books from the Library that she thought Sam might like and read them to him. She hoped that maybe in some small way, her reading to him would stimulate some brain activity.

more_Sam_in_hospital_3.jpg

One evening she spent another night there. After praying hard for Sam while crying her eyes out she'd become so exhausted that she didn't feel like driving home.

more_Sam_in_hospital_5.jpg

It was another moment where Al appeared to check on his dear friend. When he stepped through the chamber door, he lowered the Handlink with a giant sigh, as he found Sam still lost in a coma. He couldn't handle watching him lay there anymore, unconscious, not when his body was fully healed. It just wasn't fair! A silly idea came into his head and out of desperation he immediately put it into action. He strode right on over to Sam and walked into his body, hoping the energy surge might surge his brain.

"WAKE UP SAM!" he ordered. "Enough of this already! Wake up!"

more_Sam_in_hospital_6.jpg

Then Al instantly recognized something. He gradually looked down at where his body was positioned "inside" Sam with an awkward glance. Bug eyed, he threw his hands to his head and cried out, "What the he*ll am I doing!?"

more_Sam_in_hospital_7.jpg

It wasn't possible for Emma to hear him, but something caused her to wake.

Al hurled away from Sam's body faster than the speed of light! He brushed his pants off out of instinct, but mostly from disgust. "Blech!" His body wriggled as a chill ran down his spine.
    Hearing a yawn from Emma he couldn't help saying to her, "I'm SO glad you didn't see that kid! I'm glad NO ONE did! It must never be spoken of..." Shaking his head and then taking notice of Emma staring at Sam longingly and sighing, he got serious again and turned to look upon him as well.

"I hear ya girl," he recognized. "Why doesn't God just answer our prayers already."

more_Sam_in_hospital_8.jpg

A very special friend came by to visit Sam not long after that evening.

Evelyn_visits_Sam_in_coma_1.jpg

"Hey Sam," Evelyn Kwon greeted him with a wave as well. "How are you doing? Ok, I hope..."
    Sam's chest rose and fell as she watched him breathe for a moment.
    "You've been so busy I haven't seen you much," she said, curling her lip in sadness. "I was going to ask if you notice anything different about me, but since you're asleep, it's my hair," she ruffled it a bit, "it's longer now. My mom keeps telling me how 'beautiful' it is and wants to play with it ALL the time." She rolled her eyes. "But honestly, I just want to cut it short again. Long hair gets too many snarls in it!"

She lowered her head. "You know," she hesitated, "I'm sorry to tell you that I won't be your papergirl anymore." She wished she could see Sam's frown, as she knew he would be sad to hear that. "I'm too old for it now and besides, my mom signed me up for some after school classes so," she didn't need to say more.

There wasn't much else to say and the silence was really starting to get to her and affect her emotions. "Feel better and wake up soon Sam ok?" she said, lip quivering. "I miss you...and I love you."

Evelyn_visits_Sam_in_coma_2.jpg

Giving him a tiny little hug before leaving, she turned away from his bed with a sniff and ran out of the room.

As the days continued on into two months, Emma felt so alone always with an unconscious Sam, but little did she know that many times Al was right there with her.

He watched as the bright glimmer of hope in her eyes that was always there for her friend and love interest started to fade day after day, with no change in him.

more_Sam_in_hospital_2.jpg

As she sat on the couch looking so down and dejected, Al couldn't help but approach her and lovingly say, "Don't you give up hope Emma. It's all going to be ok."

more_Sam_in_hospital_9.jpg

"If there's anyone in this universe that's been there for Sam through thick and thin, besides myself, it's you." He smiled and looked upon her admirably. "You're quite the woman Emma," then he corrected himself out of respect, "quite the friend, watching over him selflessly like this. If anyone is going to help him wake up now it's YOU. He needs you. So don't you lose hope now you hear!? Not even for a second!"

Somehow his words appeared to have touched her because in that moment Emma sat back in the chair and nodded with glistening eyes.

Present time

As the doctor finished writing in Sam's chart he felt it ok to remove the oxygen tube around Sam's head and from within his nose. Emma and Catarina assumed it had to do with his body feeling well enough to breathe without the extra help so they didn't question it.

"Take care ladies," the doctor then departed with.
    "Thank you doctor," Emma expressed, watching him leave the room.

It wasn't long after that that Catarina excused herself for whatever reason and asked Emma to inform her right away when Sam woke up. Emma complied and returned to the chair beside Sam's bed.

Emma wasn't the kind of person to just doze off while sitting in a chair, but the white noise from the air vents above, and her current sleeplessness, started lulling her to sleep.

She wasn't sure how long she'd been out, but she could've sworn she heard a mumble from Sam...that was not from a dream. Her eyes shot open and fixated on him. After a minute of carefully watching his face she witnessed him...MOVE! Startled, she burst up from the chair with a gasp.

"Emma?" she heard him lightly say as his eyes gradually began to open.

Cup'ping her hand to her mouth speechless, tears began streaming down her cheeks. He's waking up!

After a couple of seconds of glancing around to get his eyes to focus, Sam's eyes instantly found Emma's hovering just above him with a piercing stare. He smiled. "There you are."

Emma_watching_over_Sam_4.jpg
    (Was totally going to stop the chapter here, but I knew you all could KILL me if I did! :p:lol: )

"OH SAM!" Emma cried joyfully, throwing herself upon him and giving him the biggest hug ever. "Thank the Lord you're awake!" She nuzzled his cheek with hers. "I was so worried!"
    "Hey," Sam greeted, but also soothed. "Take it easy...you're kinda...squeezing me."
    "Oh gosh!" Emma cried again, pulling herself up. "I'm so sorry." Every fiber of her being wanted to grip his face and plant a kiss on him in this moment, but instead she stroked his hair lovingly and repeated. "I'm sorry."
    "It's ok," Sam assured, gazing deeply into her eyes.
    "And you're ok!" she whispered, caressing his cheek now. "You're ok!"

Emma_watching_over_Sam_6.jpg

Sam didn't mind the touch. "Oh Emma," he whispered too, "I feel like I've just woken up from a long dream. And your voice...is the only one I remember hearing."
    Emma grinned brightly.
    "Have you been with me this whole time?"
    Nodding, she emphatically replied, "Yes!"
    "How long has it been?"
    "Nearly three months."
    His eyes widened. "Oh Emma," he said again, reaching up and stroking her cheek this time. "You didn't have to..."

Emma_watching_over_Sam_8.jpg

"Yes Sam, I did! I couldn't--"
    "I'm not saying that literally," he expressed, "but with sincere gratitude. That was an immense sacrifice on your part and...I can't thank you enough for that Emma. I could feel it...your presence. It kept me going. Thank you."
    As he continued to stroke her cheek, Emma's heart fluttered. "You're very welcome Sam," she said and then chuckled, "you know I had to be here in case you leaped so I could come up with a cover up story."
    Sam laughed. "No kidding! So, what excuse did you come up with to tell everyone if I had?"
    "Nothing! I couldn't figure out what the heck I would've said or done. No freaking clue!"

As they continued laughing, Emma grew a little more serious. "Besides, I was too concerned about whether you were going to wake up or not to really think too much on that," she admitted.
    Sam nodded.
    "I'm really glad you're back Sam!" she expressed, stroking his hair again, but only momentarily this time. "SO glad!" With more tears of joy streaming down her cheeks again, Sam gently wiped them away with his thumb.

Emma_watching_over_Sam_5.jpg

He found himself unable to remove his hand from her cheek. She looked beautiful, quite the sight to wake up to, and he had a few other desires as well, but...now wasn't the time. There was so much he needed to catch up on.

"Emmaline Rhoen!?" he asked almost frantically, barely sitting himself up.
    "Arrested," Emma answered. "You won't have to worry about her anymore."
    Eyes closed in relief, his body fell back onto the bed again releasing a breath.
    "Mrs. Vanderburg is taking care of her."
    "Good!" he breathed. "Honestly Emma, after all this...I wish I would've just allowed Catarina to take care of Emmaline."
    "No, it had to be you Sam. You had an advantage on her...learning about her true intentions from Al and Ziggy."
    He smiled that she would mention them. "Oh Al," he said. "I wonder how he's been doing since I've been out." He could only imagine.
    "I'm pretty sure he visited you," Emma assumed, "although I wouldn't know for sure because I can't see him." She winked.
    "Indeed!" he grinned, reaching up to stroke her cheek again. He couldn't help it, not after all she'd done for him. He was extremely grateful to her.
    Emma blushed at the gesture.

Emma_watching_over_Sam_7.jpg

"So how's Bruce," Sam naturally had to ask. When Emma's face fell his stomach sank.
    "Good I guess," she responded. "We're not together anymore."
    Sam frowned. "Oh Emma, I'm sorry to hear that. Really." Then he thought for a second and suddenly grew worried. "You two didn't break up because of...me being in this coma, did you?"
    Well... "No," Emma assured, then went on to explain. "It was a combination of things. Mostly, his boys weren't exactly warming up to me and," she shrugged, "it just wasn't meant to be."
    Sam nodded, understanding.
    "And it felt kind of weird possibly becoming the mom of two teenagers," she admitted. "I mean, I'm only thirty-three years old Sam! I'm too young for that!" She chuckled, but was still dead serious about it.
    Chuckling too he said, "Yeah I can see how you'd feel that way, but," he paused, "I'm sure you would've been an amazing mother to them regardless."
    Emma smiled and looked down to hide her blush.

Emotions were running high between the two, unbeknownst to each other. Emma really didn't want to draw away from Sam's touch, but she did anyway and asked, "Do you need anything? Like a drink of water or something?"

Emma_watching_over_Sam_3.jpg

"Yes please!" he answered. "That would be great!"
    "Alrighty," she said fully standing up now. "Oh and I should probably inform the doctor that you're awake...and Mrs. Vanderburg." She flashed an "oopsie" look at him.
    "Yeah," he chuckled, "that might be a good idea."

Once Emma left the room, Sam just shook his head with a grin and thought, Gosh she's great.

:mrgreen:

Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    Goodness! I always forget tags!

@Charlottesmom <3
    @ZeeGee, even though I know you'll see it soon. :mrgreen:
    @HARIBOWS and @KatNip you still here??

Thanks friends. <3
  • Options
    Oh Oh Oh I'm so glad I stayed up later than I should've. Off to read...
  • Options
    He's awaaaake! Yaaaaay! And LOL at Al's 'position' :lol:

Team Emma would have absolutely freaked if you'd stopped there, right girls?! Thanks for an awesome update, Emily. :kissing:
  • Options
    CharlottesmomCharlottesmom Posts: 7,015 Member
    @emorrill , Got a bunny vet appointment this morning but will read/leave feedback right after. I did skim quickly and the Al merged with Sam shots are too funny! :D
  • Options
    @emorrill @ZeeGee hehe, yup #teamemma would have freaked. :smiley: I made my comments over on the other thread, but, will say this again. Awesome! I'm happy that he is awake and looking at Emma with different view. Hope it continues.
  • Options
    He's awaaaake! Yaaaaay! And LOL at Al's 'position' :lol:

Team Emma would have absolutely freaked if you'd stopped there, right girls?! Thanks for an awesome update, Emily. :kissing:

Thank you @ZeeGee <3 I appreciate your support and love how much you love the story. :)

Indeed, I couldn't do that to you #TeamEmma gals. ;)

@Charlottesmom No worries {{{{Hugs}}}} I know you'll get to feedback when you can. <3
    Yeah lol! That Al... :lol: I had to throw in something funny to ease the gloominess.

@bekkasan
    I'm happy that he is awake and looking at Emma with different view. Hope it continues.
    ^Guess you'll just have to wait and see. :blush:
    Thank you lady. <3
  • Options
    Sorry everyone!

Sam's story is still alive and I've just written the next chapter and will prepare it for posting tomorrow. :)

I was just stuck in a little bit of a rut and it's taken me a while to get it out so...sorry about that.

Stay tuned! :mrgreen:

<3
  • Options
    Oh yippeeeee, we get to find out who's da feets. :)
  • Options
    Oh yippeeeee, we get to find out who's da feets. :)

@ZeeGee LOL! :joy:

Well...I dunno about that. ;)

That could've been something I made happen for pure fun OR it may just happen, but you know I can't reveal any more than that. :p

:kissing_heart:
  • Options
    @bekkasan I tried. She ain't givin' an inch. :sunglasses:
  • Options
    @ZeeGee She is such a tease, but I <3 her anyway! :smiley:
  • Options
    edited April 2018
    The Ever Present Burden

"Well Sam," the doctor began as he ripped the blood pressure cuff off from around his arm, "you're as healthy as a horse! Despite losing an extreme amount of weight during your coma, your body is in great shape and everything seems to be functioning properly."
    Sam gave a slight smile.

Sam_on_H_bed.jpg

It had been a week since he awoke from the coma and what a week it had been! After going through the intense discomfort of getting the catheter and feeding tube removed and stitched up, he had to train his body to go from a long sedentary state to an active one. It needed to get used to functioning on it's own again and it wasn't an easy or pain free process. With stellar help from Emma and a Physical Therapist for three days straight he was able to walk fairly well on his own again. Another surprising miracle. That, and his increase in appetite and steady weight gain.

"Gotta admit I am in awe," The doctor added, folding his arms. "I've never seen a miracle healing like yours before. Only read about it. Someone upstairs is really watching over you Sam."
    "You can say that again," he chuckled, then looked upon the doctor appreciatively. "Thank you for everything doc."

For most of the afternoon Sam paced around the room, pondering on his second chance at life, what to do next, and what might be in store for him.

Yes. What will be in store for me now?

He knew he always had control over everything in his life except for one thing, after that one fateful day. Quantum leaping. The very term caused feelings of doubt to wash over him, trumping any hope he had for his new future. It was going to happen again...and soon. If only I could be in control of that too...

With his back turned, Al appeared on the scene, and when Sam turned around and caught sight of him he didn't even flinch.
    "Hey kid," Al greeted. "How are you feeling today?"

SA_Hospital_convo_1.jpg

It took Sam a few seconds to answer. "Huh? Oh uh...fine."
    Al glanced up from the Handlink and studied him carefully. "What's the matter with you? You look distressed."
    "That's because I am distressed."
    "About what?" he asked, chewing on the cigar. "What happened now?"
    "Nothing happened," Sam replied, slightly raising his hands in the air, annoyed. "It's just inevitable that now I'm up and moving again, and the mission to stop Emmaline Rhoen is complete, I'm going to leap soon."
    Puffs of smoke escaped Al's mouth as he responded with, "Indeed," and Sam was about to chide him for smoking in a hospital, but then again he remembered he's a hologram and so is the smoke.

"So what's the problem then?" Al asked. "It's not like you didn't know this would happen. It's your normal."
    Hearing that only heightened his anxiety. "Well maybe I don't want it to be my normal anymore Al! I've been given this second chance at life so why can't I live it the way I want to?"

SA_Hospital_convo_5.jpg

"Because you forget who saved you...and why."
    "I haven't forgotten I just," he paused, pinching the bridge of his nose. "I just keep wanting to believe that God has let me off the hook this time, you know? That I can finally live a normal life again." He muttered, "But I know he hasn't."
    Al sympathized, but couldn't help what came out of his mouth next. "So you can make a life with Emma eh?" He smirked.

SA_Hospital_convo_8.jpg

"What!?" Sam exclaimed, nearly choking.
    "Oh come on Sam! You can't honestly tell me you haven't thought about that!?" He took the cigar from his mouth and pointed toward the couch with it. "After all that woman did for you these past three months! She might as well have been your wife!"

Sam pursed his lips. He had thought about it; it'd been hard to keep those thoughts away.
    But...

"I mean seriously," Al continued, then calming himself down a little. "I watched her care for you Sam and I gotta admit...I've never seen that kind of love and affection in all my life."

SA_Hospital_convo_10.jpg

Sam looked away, unable to speak as the sincerity of Al's words encompassed his soul.
    "Especially between two 'friends,'" he finger quoted. "She selflessly gave of herself to be with and care for you 24/7! Sacrificing quite a bit on her end, I might add. She loves you Sam! Can't you see that?"
    Sam gulped, his heart fluttering at the thought.
    "She's quite the woman, one in a million Sam, and you'd be a fool not to pursue anything with her!"

"Al," Sam interjected, placing his hands on his friend's shoulders. "I know," he hushed, "believe me I do. She is an amazing woman and I don't want to be a fool, but...it's just so da'mn complicated!"
    Al huffed. "What's so complicated about it?"
    "Because I don't want to HURT her Al!" he cried out, turning away sharply.

SA_Hospital_convo_18.jpg

"Not her. Not Emma."
    He shook his head rapidly, trying to stop the influx of tears; his heart breaking at the very thought of causing her any pain. "Every woman I've ever been intimate with I've driven away...broken their heart...all because of my leaping. All because I couldn't be there for them and the reality that sometimes my life is put on the line during a leap and I might never see them again. It's a burden no one should have to bear, especially the one I love. It is mine alone," he paused to gulp, staring at the wall in dejection, "that's why I can never have a life with anyone if I am still destined to leap."

SA_Hospital_convo_19.jpg

He turned his cheek toward Al, hating what he was saying and so tired of it all.

SA_Hospital_convo_20.jpg

With a gape and brows furrowed, Al couldn't believe what he was hearing from his dear friend. He carefully responded with, "But Sam...you can't honestly think that you can go through the rest of your life alone. 'It is not good for man to be alone.' Emma has clearly shown that she is willing to bear this burden with you."
    "Maybe," he countered, struggling to believe it, "but she doesn't fully understand or realize all that this life entails. No," he shook his head again. "I care about her too much Al. I can't do that to her. Especially if I don't make it back here."
    "Not make it back? Isn't that the purpose of that Bracelet of yours? You said it would be nearly 100% effective in bringing you back...

SA_Hospital_convo_3.jpg

...So you'll be able to have the life and family you always wanted! What's with all this doubt?"
    "The thing is Al, I don't even know if the Bracelet will be 'allowed' to bring me back...since it clearly contradicts God's will in all of this." He rolled his eyes.

SA_Hospital_convo_4.jpg

"But the laws of physics are still present," he countered, "And He won't disrupt those laws...

SA_Hospital_convo_9.jpg

...Besides, didn't you say that you felt the inspiration for the Bracelet came from Him? So," he raised his palms up in the air, "maybe He really does want you to have the life you desire so therefore, it WILL work!"

SA_Hospital_convo_7.jpg

Sighing, although thankful for the reminder, Sam simply said, "I truly hope you are right Al." He desperately wanted to believe his friend, have complete trust in his invention, but after so much heartache, so many let downs, it was hard to focus on the positive anymore.

Then his thoughts wandered back to Emma. "I can never repay all that Emma did for me. In some ways I owe her my life, but," he stopped to look Al in the eye, "I just can't entertain any feelings we may have for each other until I know that I'm able to return. It's better that we stay friends. It's safer. That's just the way it has to be."

SA_Hospital_convo_16.jpg

Al understood, even though he personally didn't like it. Poor kid. Losing his wife really messed him up.

SA_Hospital_convo_17.jpg

But that didn't stop him from placing his hands on his hips and saying quite frankly, "Well in that time Sam I hope you don't lose her for good."

The next day the doctor gave the OK for Sam to be discharged and before he knew it the nurse brought in the forms for him to sign.

After that he thought it might be a good idea to take a walk around the Hospital to stretch his legs out before leaving. Because once he'd arrive at home he'd plop down in bed and sleep! He missed his bed and couldn't wait to get home! He carefully arose from the bed and headed toward the door.

Before reaching it though, he heard a light knock and a "Sam?" coming from Emma as she open the door a crack and peeked inside.
    "I'm here," he answered, stepping closer.
    "Oh," she expressed, coming in and closing the door behind her. "Hey," she greeted tenderly.

Sam_wakes_1.jpg

"Hey," Sam greeted in return as they smiled at each other, eyes lost in the other's for a moment.

Sam_wakes_2.jpg

Glancing down to hide her blush and wipe away something fake from her pants, Emma said, "I didn't mean to peek in like that...I wasn't sure if you'd be in here or out walking around."

SB_convo_by_door_3.jpg

"It's ok."
    "Anyway, they told me you were being discharged so while I was there at the front desk I thought I would bring you your stuff they kept secure like your clothes, wallet, car keys, and jazz like that."

SB_convo_by_door_6.jpg

"Thanks," Sam expressed in gratitude. He appreciated her thoughtfulness and really couldn't thank her enough for all she'd done for him.

Placing his bag of personal items down on the nearby couch Emma turned to say, "So, you're being discharged already huh?"
    "Yeah. Crazy right?"
    "Kind of, but...then again this is you we're talking about. God's time travelling servant, sent to put right what's gone wrong not just on Earth but in all the cosmos!" She playfully gestured with her hands and chuckled.

SB_convo_by_couch_24.jpg

Sam shook his head, chuckling as well; thinking about how cute that was.
    "Like He'd allow you go down that easy!" she continued. "He still has a great work for you Doctor Sam Beckett."
    "About that," he began, approaching her and in a more serious tone now. "Emma...since this whole ordeal with Emmaline Rhoen is over I," he hated to say it, "I'm going to leap again. Very soon."

SB_convo_by_couch_5.jpg

Emma looked upon him curiously and emphasized, "Very soon?"

SB_convo_by_couch_6.jpg

"Usually after I make the situation right, I immediately leap into a new situation. However that didn't happen this time because I...well...died...and then came back and fell into a coma."

SB_convo_by_couch_15.jpg

Emma nodded, knowing all too well.
    "The normal process got interrupted, but now that I'm awake and gaining my strength again it's," he sighed, "it's only a matter of time before I--"
    "I know," she hushed, while touching his arm. Almost as if she didn't want him to say it; like that would prevent it from happening.

"I'm hopeful the Bracelet will do its job," he continued, "but, I just wanted to give you a heads up. It could happen any minute now--literally--and...we'll need to be prepared."

SB_convo_by_couch_13.jpg

Emma tried not to get too choked up about him leaving again, but knew just what he was referring to.

SB_convo_by_couch_12.jpg

"I'll be sure to take care of your animals and home. And reveal the cover up story as to where you went if anyone asks." She winked.
    "Oh? And what might that be?" he playfully inquired.
    "That you were offered an executive position at Bridgeport's Science Facility and would need to pop in from time to time to see how everything's running."
    Sam smiled brightly. "Brilliant!" She really is amazing.
    Emma tucked a lock of hair behind her ear. "Thank you. I had a bit of time to think about that one."

SB_convo_by_couch_11.jpg

"Oh and don't forget...you must inform the Vanderburg's about that first!"
    "Definitely!" she laughed.

For a few minutes the two discussed some other preparations and then once again found themselves in a pleasurable silence; lost in each others eyes, their bodies inching closer toward each other ever so slightly. Hearts palpitating.

SB_convo_by_couch_25.jpg

Tempted to give in to their deepest desires, but not sure exactly how the other one would feel about it. And of course Sam had his reservations.

"You know Emma," he spoke. "I really can't thank you enough for taking such good care of me these past few months. You're a great friend and it was very sweet of you to sacrifice so much of your time for me."
    Her face beamed.

SB_convo_by_couch_10.jpg

"Someday I hope I can return the favor."
    "You really don't have to," she sincerely said. "It was no problem at all. You're my best friend Sam and I'll do anything for my friends."
    "Me too," he smiled. She was certainly one of the best friends he ever had.

SB_convo_by_couch_23.jpg

In no time at all the two were hugging and saying goodbye, until Emma remembered something.

"Oh yeah Sam, I wanted to let you know that I'll be singing Friday night at Helen's Cafe."

Hospital_goodbye_1.jpg

"Oh wonderful!"
    "Yeah. I was supposed to a month ago but...you know."
    He nodded.

SB_convo_by_door_4.jpg

"Now that you're better they asked me to perform again so...I'd love for you to come...if you're feeling up to it. It'll be at 6 o'clock."
    "Absolutely!" he exclaimed. "I wouldn't miss it! Maybe we could go out for ice cream afterward or something."
    Blushing Emma replied, "I'd like that," and then told him goodbye and left the room.

Once the door closed Emma leaned up against it and released a giant breath. I sure hope he'll still be here by Friday... It was two days away.
    Oh Sam...

Hospital_goodbye_2.jpg

Unbeknownst to her Sam had done the same on the other side. I hope I won't leap before Friday...

Hospital_goodbye_3.jpg

:blush:
    Post edited by emorrill on
  • Options
    'Because I don't want to hurt her Al' I could SO hear that in Sam's voice! And love Al's outfit. :) GREAT episode yet again.
  • Options
    'Because I don't want to hurt her Al' I could SO hear that in Sam's voice! And love Al's outfit. :) GREAT episode yet again.

Thank you @ZeeGee <3 I could honestly hear it a bit myself when writing it. ;)
  • Options
    MikezumiMikezumi Posts: 49,697 Member
    I'm not surprised that Sam healed so quickly!
    Poor Sam worrying about another leap. His life has not been easy :(
    Lovely to see Al in his new outfit! :D
    Listen to Al, Sam!
    Of course he doesn't want to hurt her! He's so good!
    Al has a point! God did inspire him with the bracelet! Sam has to risk it and I know Emma would be more than willing to!
    Sam has a point too but if the bracelet works like it is meant to then he will have no excuse!
    There is so obviously attraction between them <3
    Great cover story, Emma!
    I hope he doesn't jump before Friday!
    Great update :)
  • Options
    @Mikezumi Thank you for those sweet comments lady. <3 They are always so sincere.

Sorry I bombarded you with catch up comments on your story thread. :p

Leave a Comment

BoldItalicStrikethroughOrdered listUnordered list
Emoji
Align leftAlign centerAlign rightToggle HTML viewToggle full pageToggle lights
Drop image/file
Return to top