Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

i need help is intereating and dealing with other human beings.

brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
so i am someone who does not know how to interact with other human beings. i feel like i am different in so many ways. for example i feel the need to complain just for the sake of it. and i want and need attention hence why i troll sometimes not exactly on here but other places like i was just trolling a youtube video that i should have just moved on from but i took personally because of 1 it was clickbait and 2 it was done by a person i feel like well is the reason i can not have internet herioes or at the very least see "relatable" youtubers as actually relatable lol. besides the point though i also can not see the simple soultions to things such as have many things to look forward too at the same time. i have so many issues i need fixed in order to feel like a normal person and yes normal is not overated for me because being myself means getting into fights with you and trolling you. so yeah for me being normal means not trolling people, getting over things, not taking things personally etc. so yeah if anyone can or wants to help me please do so thanks.

Comments

• lethalsilencelethalsilence Posts: 9 New Member
    Erm. Here may not be the place.
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    edited January 2017
    Sounds like you should see a counselor or something.

Or maybe you could try to not troll on the internet and just try to be 'normal' and friendly?

I actually have mild autism and I have a hard time interacting with people in real life just cuz my brain doesn't want me to. :( But I try to be very friendly and outgoing here online and other sites that I use just so I could feel like a normal person.

That being said, I don't know if you have some sort of social problem or whatever personally. But if you have some mental disability like me, then I'm afraid you can't really do much about it either cuz there's no cure than to just try to control it. And I just choose to ignore people that I feel are not worth my time.

I personally don't have a therapist or counselor, so I just kinda avoid humans as much as I can to the point that I get angry whenever I have to speak up in class or whatever. I guess I'm not the best person to give you advice but all I'm saying, you're not the alone cuz I'm kinda like you too.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • WILDFLOWER1971WILDFLOWER1971 Posts: 211 Member
    oh wow. I hope you figure it all out. Smile :)
    James 3:13
    Who among you is wise and understanding? Let him show by his good behavior his deeds in the gentleness of wisdom.

https://facebook.com/PiperSims4Gaming/?ref=bookmarks
  • MovottiMovotti Posts: 7,774 Member
    I don't know how do deal with humans either. They get angry when I try to poke them with a stick. :(
    AmusingExhaustedArchaeopteryx-max-1mb.gif
  • SimpkinSimpkin Posts: 7,425 Member
    might be your age, maybe you're just going through puberty
    Seasons toggle button in build mode poll. Vote now please! :)
  • ArchivistArchivist Posts: 4,375 Member
    Decide for yourself that trolling is pointless and that you don't want to waste time or effort on it anymore.

When you catch yourself trolling, ask yourself, "Why am I even doing this? All I get out of it is negative attention and a whole lot of wasted time. Shouldn't I be spending this energy on something that's actually worthwhile?"

Step 2 is actually finding something worthwhile to spend your time on instead. Like a hobby or something. Once you start doing something you love, you eventually surround yourself with other people who love that thing. But if the thing you love is trolling, then you end up immersing yourself in a world of garbage human beings. Decide to not be garbage.
    9d9hOnJ.png
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    DeKay wrote: »

Or maybe you could try to not troll on the internet and just try to be 'normal' and friendly?

I actually have mild autism and I have a hard time interacting with people in real life just cuz my brain doesn't want me to. :( But I try to be very friendly and outgoing here online and other sites that I use just so I could feel like a normal person.

That being said, I don't know if you have some sort of social problem or whatever personally. But if you have some mental disability like me, then I'm afraid you can't really do much about it either cuz there's no cure than to just try to control it. And I just choose to ignore people that I feel are not worth my time.

I personally don't have a therapist or counselor, so I just kinda avoid humans as much as I can to the point that I get angry whenever I have to speak up in class or whatever. I guess I'm not the best person to give you advice but all I'm saying, you're not the alone cuz I'm kinda like you too.

yes well i cant bring myself to be friendly or outgoing on here because quite frankly all i keep seeing is negativty that is so hard to ignore. and if you saying stay off the internet all i can say is i can not control thinking about it and get it out of my head. which may indicate something is extremely wrong with me since i really feel like i can not control my thoughts and frorce the thoughts of humans out of my head. which makes me angry and upset anyways. so yeah i feel like i have to suffer all alone sometimes where i just shake uncontrolably as though i am losing my mind and freaking out and no one can care or do anything since its "my problem" and yet no else really gets to face this or at least idk i feel like i am alone but yeah clearly i am not but you at least seem to handle it differently by being normal and friendly on the internet where as i feel the need to be the opposite.
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    Truth be told, I don't think there is a magic cure for this sort of thing. I think you have to decide for yourself who you want to be when you present yourself online. I'm an ex troll from a different website, and I know for me personally, a lot of it boiled down to self esteem issues. Sometimes when you're jealous of other people online, it's easy to make mean or snarky remarks because to some extent you feel like you're bringing others down to your level. And while you may make them feel bad for a bit, this simply isn't true. I saw you had posted something about YouTubers, and how you sometimes feel envious of them, so let me use that as an example. If you watch a Let's Play, and you're jealous that their channel is so popular while yours isn't, it may be easy for you to make a rude remark. But doing so won't make you any more popular (actually, it could have the opposite affect since you could be pushing people away from you) and it won't make the person you're commenting on any less popular. Instead, try to focus on things that'll actually help you accomplish whatever it is you're looking to do. Work on improving your video quality. If you think your videos are already up to par with others, perhaps it's just getting them known that's the issue, and focus on advertising it more. But make that choice to lift yourself up instead of tearing others down.

I know that can be a lot easier said than done, and sometimes it can feel hopeless. It may even be a good idea to seek professional help, especially if this is something that affects more than just your life online. But remember that even if you feel like it, you're not alone. And they say that the first step to fixing any problem is admitting their is one. Be proud of yourself. You've taken the first step, and that in itself is a huge accomplishment.
  • DarkSuperNinjaDarkSuperNinja Posts: 1,204 Member
    I'm not quite sure what to say, to be honest! Like others have said, the fact you've identified that there's a problem is always a good start, so thumbs up for that! And also, as others have said, counselling or something similar would probably help!

Personally, I find it really difficult to be kind and considerate to other people's feelings. I have to make a full mental effort to not say a sarcastic comment, or take the mickey out of a person's worst weakness. I'm basically painting myself out to be a bit of a poo face, and that's because I more or less am! xD But, to most people I know, I don't seem like a poo face because I make a conscious effort to not make a sarcastic comment about how their t-shirt looks like they threw up a rainbow, or I try my best not to laugh at the fact that they're trying to grow facial hair but just have a tiny bit of stubble (like I can talk; I can't even grow stubble)!

Point being, even if your default personality is Trolly McTrollface, you can still attempt to make a mental effort to make yourself look friendly and "normal" to other people! :)

And also, you sound like you're probably going through puberty and/or over-analysing your online activity, so chill yo beans! As someone who's still (more or less) going through puberty AND gets into random online debates either out of rage or just "fur the lulz", IT WILL GET BETTER! :)

P.s. Criticism isn't trolling; if the YouTuber you mentioned was using clickbait and you complained about it, that's just criticism! You're not being a troll for complaining about something! ;)
  • DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,590 Member
    brendhan21 wrote: »
    DeKay wrote: »

yes well i cant bring myself to be friendly or outgoing on here because quite frankly all i keep seeing is negativty that is so hard to ignore. and if you saying stay off the internet all i can say is i can not control thinking about it and get it out of my head. which may indicate something is extremely wrong with me since i really feel like i can not control my thoughts and frorce the thoughts of humans out of my head. which makes me angry and upset anyways. so yeah i feel like i have to suffer all alone sometimes where i just shake uncontrolably as though i am losing my mind and freaking out and no one can care or do anything since its "my problem" and yet no else really gets to face this or at least idk i feel like i am alone but yeah clearly i am not but you at least seem to handle it differently by being normal and friendly on the internet where as i feel the need to be the opposite.

I don't see why it's so hard for you to be friendly online? Yes, there's negativity around here or other websites. I just read the comments and yes I do get mad, I get mad all the time, but then I just say, "You know what? Why does it matter? It's not like the person's comment is going to take over my life and be there to haunt me forever." So then I just let it go.

Also, always treat others the way you want others treat you. If you are a troll online, then obvious a lot of people won't like you. If I were to get ever trolled by you, well, you probably would not want to do that cuz you won't want to get on my bad side.

And just imagine if everyone else has the same mindset as you. Then, everyone will just be mean on here.

This kinda mindset is just making the forum a worse place and it's not helping. You might want to think of that. I know it's very tempting to be mean. I'm like that in real life. But I draw the line when I'm online and try to be nicer.
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • LyniaSCLyniaSC Posts: 1,021 Member
    P.s. Criticism isn't trolling; if the YouTuber you mentioned was using clickbait and you complained about it, that's just criticism! You're not being a troll for complaining about something! ;)

I actually meant to address this in my original comment as well, so I'm glad you brought it up :) There definitely is a huge difference between criticizing someone for a valid reason, and trolling just to get a rise out of someone. If something bothers you, it is absolutely okay to say something. It really only becomes an issue if you go out of your way to insult or attack someone.
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    LyniaSC wrote: »

I actually meant to address this in my original comment as well, so I'm glad you brought it up :) There definitely is a huge difference between criticizing someone for a valid reason, and trolling just to get a rise out of someone. If something bothers you, it is absolutely okay to say something. It really only becomes an issue if you go out of your way to insult or attack someone.

well the response to when i told someone about how the only reason i was even watching the video cuz they asked if you do not like this person so much why are you here watching this video was because well i fell for the clickbait title and the response was that is your problem. which i feel like is a typical response online. most people act like they can and do hold everything inside and nothing bothers them and thats not so simple for me.
This discussion has been closed.
Return to top