Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

I miss open world

Comments

• CupidCupid Posts: 3,623 Member
    i don't want open world unless the engine they use can support it. I don't believe that TS4's engine can, and TS3's certainly could not, either, with how unstable that game was.
    city living, as it is, with the sims walking around and eating and playing music right outside your apartment already created so many issues with stability
    HdLHa3j.png
    (◡‿◡✿)
  • EmmaNijiEmmaNiji Posts: 102 Member
    Candyd wrote: »
    EmmaNiji wrote: »
    I say get over it. Get what you get and don't throw a fit. enjoy the game and what it already has. Make the best of it. I have fun with it every day no matter what it is lacking. The people who created TS4 have been working very hard on it. Clearly, they can't make everyone happy. Every person who works on the game is just that, a person. They are not literal gods that can simply create anything out of thin air just because a few people complain and don't get what they want.

We're all aware that TS4 won't change. Feedback is very important for TS5. If we're many who are dissatisfied with the lack of open world and we want things to change next time, it's our right to express ourselves and it's not your role to give lessons to anyone. That's why the Game feedback part of the forum exists, to provide feedback. This is Game feedback, not the happy play thread.
    If you can't stand feedback, and rude comments is all you can produce, then please go be rude elsewhere. Thanks.

I apologize that I came off as rude. I was simply expressing my opinion as well :smile: Calling me rude, only makes yourself just as rude. I will go somewhere else, though. Thank you.
  • coldplay2233coldplay2233 Posts: 451 Member
    When I have 8 sims living in my household, I can never find the time to ever have 1 of them leave the lot to go pursue a personal goal. For example; one of my sims wishes to become a vampire, and I want her to visit the vampire town to do it (befriend a vampire and all that). Well, for days now, I've only had her visit ONE time. I'm always too busy dealing with the needs of my other sims, and pursuing their career, relationship, and other goals at home.

If this was The Sims 3, I'd simply zoom out to the map and order her to go visit the vampires, and it would not disrupt the other household members. But because of this closed world system, I have to put the lives of the other 7 sims ON HOLD while I take her through a loading screen to go talk to some vampires.

Yeah I miss open world too..
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    I say get over it. Get what you get and don't throw a fit. enjoy the game and what it already has. Make the best of it. I have fun with it every day no matter what it is lacking. The people who created TS4 have been working very hard on it. Clearly, they can't make everyone happy. Every person who works on the game is just that, a person. They are not literal gods that can simply create anything out of thin air just because a few people complain and don't get what they want.

We're all aware that TS4 won't change. Feedback is very important for TS5. If we're many who are dissatisfied with the lack of open world and we want things to change next time, it's our right to express ourselves and it's not your role to give lessons to anyone. That's why the Game feedback part of the forum exists, to provide feedback. This is Game feedback, not the happy play thread.
    If you can't stand feedback, and rude comments is all you can produce, then please go be rude elsewhere. Thanks.

I apologize that I came off as rude. I was simply expressing my opinion as well :smile: Calling me rude, only makes yourself just as rude. I will go somewhere else, though. Thank you.

Don't accuse people of throwing fits next time, and your "opinion" would have been much better accepted.
  • SucomSucom Posts: 1,709 Member
    I very much miss the open world too :( There was so much more freedom to 'do your own thing' in Sims 3. I definitely ruled my games in Sims 3 but have very little control of my sims in Sims 4 where they rarely venture out of the house.
  • JoAnne65JoAnne65 Posts: 22,959 Member

There is a difference between giving an opinion about a game and giving an opinion about people's opinions, belittling them with a "get over it".
    5JZ57S6.png
  • February11February11 Posts: 12,645 Member
    When I have 8 sims living in my household, I can never find the time to ever have 1 of them leave the lot to go pursue a personal goal. For example; one of my sims wishes to become a vampire, and I want her to visit the vampire town to do it (befriend a vampire and all that). Well, for days now, I've only had her visit ONE time. I'm always too busy dealing with the needs of my other sims, and pursuing their career, relationship, and other goals at home.

If this was The Sims 3, I'd simply zoom out to the map and order her to go visit the vampires, and it would not disrupt the other household members. But because of this closed world system, I have to put the lives of the other 7 sims ON HOLD while I take her through a loading screen to go talk to some vampires.

Yeah I miss open world too..

Yes, that's the way I feel.
    I've started playing TS3 again for an hour before I play TS4 and it's so less frustrating. I love following them in the car/motorbike to where they're going and then can pop back and continue with the others needs etc.
    MLgj4Vx.png
  • noodlesandmenoodlesandme Posts: 188 Member
    MiataPlay wrote: »
    @noodlesandme
    I agree with your statement!
    Create A World is a game tool feature that should have existed with this version of the game from the first year of release. I can only hope this feature comes back in the future, I'd invest.[/quote

I would find the closed world far more enjoyable if I had the option to create my own (since editing the existing worlds is apparently off the table).
    Even with design limitations, it would be a huge step forward . I could see it, not as a free download, but a Create a World Pack or Expansion, or whatever they would call it. And yeah, like you I'd be more than willing to fork over some money for that one :) !
  • aiexaiex Posts: 103 Member
    I agree! I miss open world so much, but it will most likely not be available in TS4. I don't see how they could possibly make it open world, considering how everything is set up.
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    I really hope TS5 will bring us a fixed open world, free of rabbit holes. I don't know if I could stand another Sims game with a closed world.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    Sk8rblaze wrote: »
    I really hope TS5 will bring us a fixed open world, free of rabbit holes. I don't know if I could stand another Sims game with a closed world.

How about small open worlds that are joined together like S2 that are fully customizable? A girl can dream...
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • Sk8rblazeSk8rblaze Posts: 7,570 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

How about small open worlds that are joined together like S2 that are fully customizable? A girl can dream...

Even that would be sufficient enough for me. I just need something greater than TS4's set up. Give me open or semi open worlds and a program to completely customize every single inch of them.

How we went from TS3 and its in-depth customization and player freedom to TS4's restrictiveness still boggles me, especially when I replay TS3.
  • aws200aws200 Posts: 2,262 Member
    Anything that helps the next game not feel disconnected and dead. I miss Sims 3's non-linear nature as well as lively world of Sims wandering around places from the parks to theater to work to even parties at other Sim's homes. If they get good coders and not use an in house engine then things may not be as bad as they were in the past.
    1. The Sims 2
    2. The Sims 3
    3. The Sims 4 (5 years later its decent)
    4. The Sims 1
  • Jessa_DakkarJessa_Dakkar Posts: 9,737 Member
    kremesch73 wrote: »

I would LOVE that!
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited April 2017

No it wasn't an opinion. You were bashing SOMEONE's else opinion with a demand of "get over it". Like you said, 'everyone is a person, not gods'. Start acting like one.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • cactusjuicecactusjuice Posts: 573 Member
    "Calling me rude, only makes yourself just as rude."

Wow that's a mind @%$# paradox comment that sort of doubles up into itself. By saying she is rude to call you rude, you've essentially called yourself rude in the same sentence.
  • kremesch73kremesch73 Posts: 10,474 Member
    edited April 2017
    "Calling me rude, only makes yourself just as rude."

Wow that's a mind @%$# paradox comment that sort of doubles up into itself. By saying she is rude to call you rude, you've essentially called yourself rude in the same sentence.

I've been told anyone can justify anything as long as it suits them. Truth be told.

@Jessa_Dakkar I'm sure I'd be happy with that solution. If I could load a game and choose a small open world to load before playing, much like the menu presents itself in S2, I'd be happy, but I got to have my own worlds.
    Dissatisfied with Sims 4 and hoping for a better Sims 5
  • southwesternwitchsouthwesternwitch Posts: 61 Member
    Agreed! I miss BIGGER worlds too :(
  • DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Comparing this game to TS2, even that game had semi-open world with the whole flexible *cough* city living sucks *cough* apartment system/tools. Anyone could just basically build 4 fenced in houses between each another, like four apartment units detact from another, making it and simulating a whole new principle before TS3 was released: a (semi-)open word.

Shame on you TS4! Even TS2 can make better apartments than you piece of plumb. With its early given floor cheat *cough* CL sucks again *cough* that can expand up to WOOPING 15 floors (you could build more, but that would cause your game to crash 100%) per lot, the game is pretty much awesome.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • YanbunYanbun Posts: 77 Member
    I miss it, too. :(
    The most annoying thing is playing with more sims without the free world. I like it, that you can add the sims at home to the location. But thats all. As soon you visit some place with one sim all other sims at home cancel activities and don´t do anything usefull aside not dieing.
  • LauraCxLauraCx Posts: 21 Member
    I really miss OW too! I'm playing TS4 less and less so and I think the lack of OW is a huge contributing factor! I do remember it did make Isla Paridiso being very laggy which is a shame because that was probably my fave expansion pack! I think if they ever make a University game pack; I'd really hope that would be OW. It's really sad but i used to really enjoy following them travelling in their cars etc :D
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    i don't want open world unless the engine they use can support it. I don't believe that TS4's engine can, and TS3's certainly could not, either, with how unstable that game was.
    city living, as it is, with the sims walking around and eating and playing music right outside your apartment already created so many issues with stability

That was a problem with sims3. When you got a lot of stuff in your world you would get error 12. Maybe they could do a compromise, your car could go anywhere in the town, but get a load screen to go in a lot or house.
  • BlackandWhiteBunnyBlackandWhiteBunny Posts: 68 Member
    catitude5 wrote: »

That was a problem with sims3. When you got a lot of stuff in your world you would get error 12. Maybe they could do a compromise, your car could go anywhere in the town, but get a load screen to go in a lot or house.

Yeah but that was in a 8 years old game, there is absolutely no need to compromise if they program things smartly unfortunately they would need some very capable programmers because sims are a very unique game; the way world loading works and the way quality of the world scales with different hardware in modern open world games doesn't really work with the sims, I think they were very close to the perfection with the sims 3, just some more hoarding bugs that should be ironed out or at least taken in consideration and a better way to scale world with old systems (like a loading screens that only appears in laptop mode or something similar, don't get me wrong I have no idea how to implement that and if it would be possible but I am definitely interested in this topic)
  • catitude5catitude5 Posts: 2,537 Member
    I miss the beauty of sims3. The worlds here just don't cut it, it looks too fake, the trees in particular.
  • ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I don't.