Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

What would you like to see in pets?

I want to know what everyone wants to see in a pets EP.

I would love to see how kittens and puppies are in this game. I bet they will be a lot cuter than toddlers but thats just me. I would love to see small pets as well. Like hamsters and birds and maybe even snakes and spiders? It would be nice if they gave pets jobs again. I think it would be awesome if cats had interactions with the small pets. Like if they tried to get in their cage or even the fish bowl to try and eat them. I would love to be able to put the dogs on leashes and take them out on a walk. It would be nice to see a dog park or like a cat park. Thats all I can think of right now.

Comments

• SimaniteSimanite Posts: 4,833 Member
    Pets.
  • plushtrap_107plushtrap_107 Posts: 1,435 Member
    I would like to see bunnies! They could have indoor and outdoor pens. You could feed them carrots or lettuce that you grow, for a treat too.

Unsupervised bunnies indoors could chew cables and have a small risk for starting a fire!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    I want to see less random strays on my lawn to be honest. I love animals in real life but almost felt like I needed to uninstall them in Sims 3 because of the lag having so many strays on my lot at once was so bad. I think for that aspect, not having open worlds will help, but I'd also love not to have those same strays dig random holes for my sims to fall in on the lawn too.

That said, all baby animals are cute :) Even the 'yucky' ones as my daughter used to say, like lizards. They're adorable. I'll be happy with any of them because the simmies need more cute in their lives!
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    I would like to see bunnies! They could have indoor and outdoor pens. You could feed them carrots or lettuce that you grow, for a treat too.

Unsupervised bunnies indoors could chew cables and have a small risk for starting a fire!

I would love to see bunnies in the game! Omg imagine baby bunnies!
  • duhboy2u2duhboy2u2 Posts: 3,290 Member
    Bunnies would be cute. I'd like exotic pets too, for those random sims that are a little different from the average plum bob wearer. I have one who'd totally love to sport her Burmese python as she travels around town :)
    Loving yourself is the most simple and complicated thing you can do for you.
  • OEII1001OEII1001 Posts: 3,682 Member
    After today's news I would like to see skill trees and quirks.
  • NeonHighwaysNeonHighways Posts: 1,508 Member
    I really want to see other pets like iguanas and falcons... I love the reptiles and birds more than I love cats and dogs, I hope they don't forget them this time!
  • GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    I would love to see more interaction with animals/pets. Like raccoons/bears/etc!
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • LadyJesterLadyJester Posts: 606 Member
    Gnarly wrote: »
    I would love to see more interaction with animals/pets. Like raccoons/bears/etc!

I always wanted to adopt the racoons in my house in the sims 3. I felt kinda sad that I couldnt. :D
  • TinytsimmerTinytsimmer Posts: 2 New Member
    LOL. That's actually a good question. As much as I have been complaining about wanting to see pets in the Sims 4, I never thought about what I would like to see better about them. I'll have to get back to you on that! But I will think of some things.
  • AfterMidnightAfterMidnight Posts: 1,020 Member
    FERRETS. I need to live vicariously though my sims with these guys. ;-;

I would love it if the veterinarian career made a return as well!
  • Simmer_RaySimmer_Ray Posts: 534 Member
    I want pets to have there own family members panel i like controlling them but they take up the space for sim family members so in less they expand the family member number i think it be nice to have there own panel i also would like to see supernatural pets
    6d857729b5cf50b45c3a0cb8a112146f.gif
  • SimplyJenSimplyJen Posts: 14,828 Member
    I want pet jobs back too. I will be heart broken if they take out critters like snakes, lizards, turtles, etc. :(
    i7-13700K • 16GB • RTX 4070
    S3 simblr: http://simplysimming.tumblr.com/
    S4 simblr: http://simlogic.tumblr.com/
  • 12JEREMIA12JEREMIA Posts: 3,143 Member
    All want to see in the Pets EP is in the options with radio stations, Country which is the standard station to the modern country station from the Perfect Patio Stuff pack game, Hip Hop which I have announced for Get Together and City Living which does not appear back, and R&B which is the second time appearing in the pets-themed EP game.
  • SlyStarDustSlyStarDust Posts: 341 Member
    I would like to see a grooming career or a veterinary career that is an active career. I would love to own a pet grooming salon.

I would also like to see alien pets. Some crazy looking dog/cat thing or tribbles.

I would also like to see the pets being able to snuggle in the bed with both people in the bed instead of it taking up a bed slot. With the multitasking ability I would like to have the pet sit on my sim's lap while they continue talking, watching TV, or whatever they were doing.
  • Omac16Omac16 Posts: 118 Member
    I want some weird and crazy pets, like a dragon that has skills like learning to fly and breath fire. Otherwise I might pass on this pack. Not to fond of dogs and cats in real life...
  • GnarlyGnarly Posts: 55 Member
    LadyJester wrote: »
    Gnarly wrote: »

I always wanted to adopt the racoons in my house in the sims 3. I felt kinda sad that I couldnt. :D

Seriously! Or the little skunks like in sims1! xD I always thought they were so cute!
    giphy.gif
    (∩▂∩)/\(∩▂∩)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Pretty much what people has been saying, i want more species with small pets with better gameplay than just animated decorations that eat and get dirty.
    jr73Y.gif

• Sweetgirl612Sweetgirl612 Posts: 16 Member
    I would like pets to be more like they were in Sims 2. I did not like them being playable characters that took up a slot in the household in the Sims 3. I realize others feel differently, so if there are more who like them playable, I wouldn't want to stand in their way; I just found it more realistic for my sims to have to try to "figure out" what they needed like in real life rather than being able to click on them to see.
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    I would like pets to be more like they were in Sims 2. I did not like them being playable characters that took up a slot in the household in the Sims 3. I realize others feel differently, so if there are more who like them playable, I wouldn't want to stand in their way; I just found it more realistic for my sims to have to try to "figure out" what they needed like in real life rather than being able to click on them to see.

You could use cheats to make them playable tough.
    jr73Y.gif

• KeyenpeydeeKeyenpeydee Posts: 9,280 Member
    I would really love to see an independency with pets.
    Queen of Rap, Nicki Minaj // minajsalad
    tumblr_nijden3ooM1qb9pa3o1_500.gifv

• SchantalSchantal Posts: 3,082 Member
    edited January 2017
    HORSES HORSES HORSES HORSES and a whole neighborhood dedicated to them. Oh and I want more minor pets like iguanas and parrots. I am so excited!! I also can't wait for puppies and kittens. I also want some sort of interaction with toddlers/kids and minor animals, like when kids get a hamster to take care of in real life.

I def liked them being playable characters with actual personalities so I want that to come back. I don't want my pets to be random AI, I love that in Sims 3 they had personalities. Other than the obvious bugs I thought The Sims 3 Pets was a close to perfection as you could get as far as features, I loved it.

Oh and can we FINALLY get a pet bunny for our kids pleeasssseeee, that is so many kids first pet. Also, ferrets are awesome :-).
  • DiamondsR4everDiamondsR4ever Posts: 243 Member
    Well I adore animals! They could have a different type of animal for all the different types of world as far as I'm concerned :lol: . It would be cool to have pets and interactive widelife. Even if it's just a butterfly to land on a head or finger lol. I'm gonna need them to include my beloved Yorkshire terriers though. :smile: .
    The ignore feature is a blessing :D . Don't be afraid to use it!