Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

My game is not accepting CC whatsoever.

It's not a case of bad custom content being the problem, it just won't accept any CC whatsoever. and if I try putting any CC in, the game freezes at the start up logo of the game.

I've tried changing the Sims 4 from 64 bit to 32 bit, that didn't work.

I'm not sure what else to do.

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.
  • FairyLights1FairyLights1 Posts: 759 Member
    rosemow wrote: »
    Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then add back the "options.ini" or "options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music "folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders that have the same name.
    Don't put back the old mods folder. Instead, place your cc/mods into the newly generated mods folder. Then test to see if that helps.

Thanks for your help, I tried that, but it still won't work! I don't know what the deal is.

• sweetbluekiana1sweetbluekiana1 Posts: 167 Member
    edited January 2017
    Try getting mod conflict detector. It will show any broken mods you have. Also get bulk rename utility. It renames all your cc and makes it so your cc downloads have no spaces. The spaces in the cc downloads make your game go slower.
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    edited January 2017
    It's not a case of bad custom content being the problem, it just won't accept any CC whatsoever. and if I try putting any CC in, the game freezes at the start up logo of the game.

I've tried changing the Sims 4 from 64 bit to 32 bit, that didn't work.

I'm not sure what else to do.

I had this problem as well, when the game first came out I was able to use CC, but after all the updates with the patches, I was not able to use them at all any longer, and I still can not use them, so I have to play My game without CC or Mods for it not to crash on Me, :(
    P.S. And yes I did everything possible to fix the problem, I even was on the phones for like 3 days with Reps from EA doing all kinds of things to My computer, and at the end nothing worked, My game just would not run with CC or Mods again, that is just how it is for some of the games I guess, but the real odd part is I can use CC on My Sims 2 & 3, so that tells Me it is the Sims 4 game with the problem.
    Hey guys, thanks for the help.

What I did was uninstall, and reinstall my game (prob an unnessary thing to do in hind sight but) I slowly added in one cc file at a time in my mod folder, and that worked!!

There is one more cc file I need to add, if that one is trouble, I'll let you know. But this seems to have done the trick!
    @BlueBlack007 try what I have done.

What I did was uninstall, and reinstall my game (prob an unnessary thing to do in hind sight but) I slowly added in one cc file at a time in my mod folder, and that worked!!

There is one more cc file I need to add, if that one is trouble, I'll let you know. But this seems to have done the trick!

I did that like 7 times and it did no good for Me, :(

Have you tried checking off the option to allow Cc and mods, in the "game options" menu, thingy?

Have you tried checking off the option to allow Cc and mods, in the "game options" menu, thingy?

I did everything that was possible, like I said before I even had 3 different EA Reps 3 days in a Row helping Me on the phone as well, so if We all could not make it work, then no one can for My game, that is just how it is, some people's games will not work with CC and Mods, that is just how it is.
  • rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,593 Member

I am glad that your issue has been fixed :)
    rosemow wrote: »

I am glad that your issue has been fixed :)

Me too, I simply can't play without cc, lol.

@BlueBlack007 I don't believe there's no solution you could find. I doubt your game is more corrupted than anyone else's. I mean, with Sims, you have to do a fair bit of trouble shooting on your own, as well as asking the community, and sometimes EA reps, it's a mixture depending on the problem. But, if you don't think your problem can be solved and you'd rather not try, that's certainly your choice.
    @BlueBlack007 I don't believe there's no solution you could find. I doubt your game is more corrupted than anyone else's. I mean, with Sims, you have to do a fair bit of trouble shooting on your own, as well as asking the community, and sometimes EA reps, it's a mixture depending on the problem. But, if you don't think your problem can be solved and you'd rather not try, that's certainly your choice.

Oh wow really? , I did everything humanly possible to fix the problem, as well as the 3 mind you 3 Reps, what part of Did Everything do you not get? , never mind I am so done with this thread as well, cya.
    BlueBlack007, what's with the attitude? Did you post on this thread to whine, or did you want help? Help was offered, and you got hostile, so it's a bit confusing, but either way, I'm not bothering with you any furthur.
    edited January 2017
    BlueBlack007, what's with the attitude? Did you post on this thread to whine, or did you want help? Help was offered, and you got hostile, so it's a bit confusing, but either way, I'm not bothering with you any furthur.

I do not have a attitude, and No I do not need help, I was only stating what happened to Me with My game, why do you accuse Me of having a Attitude when it was obvious that you just did not understand that I did everything humanly possible to fix My game ? , I just do not know bout some of these threads lately, it seems if someone has the opposite opinion of others in these forums lately they seem to get attacked for it, and you do not have to bother with Me that is fine, I was not expecting you to do so anyhow, thanks.
    P.S. dumps this thread since I do not wish to be attacked for having a different opinion, I am not saying that you attacked Me, but I am going to leave this thread, cause it seems you wish to call Me out no matter what I say, you are now on My ignore so We won't have to communicate any longer, have a nice day.
    Post edited by BlueBlack007 on
    Uh ok, well you posted with a sad face you couldn't get CC, so the natural inclination one would have in response is "let me help", which I tried to do. If you felt it wasn't of help, just don't come back to the thread, it's pretty simple.. No need for the rudeness, or drama.
  • Roche24816Roche24816 Posts: 1 New Member
    What I did was add 5 cc packs at a time and load the game. It seemed to work so give it a try.