Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Advertising minor products?

Has anyone else had much luck with advertising products in the social media thing? That's one of my sim's daily requirements, and it always seems like he has to try it 2-3 times before it actually works. Is it random or is there something I can do to increase my chances of not losing followers/succeeding with it?
giphy.gif

Comments

• tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    I've done it numerous times and it's always caused my sim to lose followers. I think that's just how the action goes, though.
  • SummerjaseSummerjase Posts: 1,424 Member
    I've done it numerous times and it's always caused my sim to lose followers. I think that's just how the action goes, though.

Every time I've tried it, my sims have lost followers. What I meant was, if there's any way to make it more successful. Because sometimes I have to do it a few times for the action to be ticked off on the job panel.
    giphy.gif
  • tinaestelletinaestelle Posts: 201 Member
    Summerjase wrote: »

Every time I've tried it, my sims have lost followers. What I meant was, if there's any way to make it more successful. Because sometimes I have to do it a few times for the action to be ticked off on the job panel.

Hmm. It might be a glitch then. Because every time I've had my sims do it, it's be checked off on their job panel. Maybe the action is being canceled or something? I know thats happened to me before.
  • Yukitoshi_YogoYukitoshi_Yogo Posts: 13 New Member
    Yeah, I've had the same problem where it takes multiple times for it to click. I just like to think that my sim messed up doing it the first time so they have to retry. :D
  • brendhan21brendhan21 Posts: 3,427 Member
    its apparently random on if they succeed or not.
  • SeanamarieSeanamarie Posts: 1 New Member
    I saw on a different thread that if you go in the city with the grey utility boxes there are posters on them... If you take the posters and hang them up in your house ( I put mine near the computer) it seems to work for advertising ... It gave me $500 but I lost 143 followers. That was my first time trying it in going to see if it stops taking away followers next promotion.
  • Cupcakeyorkies79Cupcakeyorkies79 Posts: 16 Member
    Yeah, same. I mastered the social media career and it took my sim a few tries to successfully advertise a product. You will probably lose a lot followers, though, so make sure your sim does a few other interactions to gain followers in the process
  • harvestmeadowharvestmeadow Posts: 18 Member
    I think it's a way to gain money, not followers. So when you do the advertisement, you are getting paid and your fans don't like that you are using your fame to make money. So, they quit you. I did it several times and never gained a follower, always lost. This is just my assumption, I haven't tested it enough to know for sure.
  • CK213CK213 Posts: 20,528 Member
    I think it's a way to gain money, not followers. So when you do the advertisement, you are getting paid and your fans don't like that you are using your fame to make money. So, they quit you. I did it several times and never gained a follower, always lost. This is just my assumption, I haven't tested it enough to know for sure.

It seems like an opportunity to take advantage of when you have a large amount of followers and can afford to lose some.
    The%20Goths.png?width=1920&height=1080&fit=bounds
  • LadyKynLadyKyn Posts: 3,595 Member
    edited December 2018
    Had 800k followers adverised a product and....got the money but lost over 300k followers. Ouch.

Fans don't like sell outs period. This doesn't seem to far from the truth at all. :#
    5vJrxmT.png