Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

kids need more kid things to do

Comments

• comicsforlifecomicsforlife Posts: 9,585 Member
    playing jacks
    more for sim kids and more drama please
    pin the tail on the donkey
    trains set and remote control cars
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    edited June 2017
    If the sims team really wants to do something different, how about a well known group activity for kids: double dutch!

Tricks, contests, endurance challenges, speed challenges...there's so much that can be included.

I'm from Brooklyn and boys and girls compete. It's an incredible group activity for kids/teens.

Edited to add: Since there have always been cheerleading costumes in the Sims games, why not make cheerleading a group activity. It will be something really cool for children and teens to participate in. It would also be a school-related activity that can make the TS4 teleportation schools seem more corporeal.
    I3Ml5Om.jpg
    sidewalk chalk
    coloring book
    Cynna wrote: »
    If the sims team really wants to do something different, how about a well known group activity for kids: double dutch!

Tricks, contests, endurance challenges, speed challenges...there's so much that can be included.

I'm from Brooklyn and boys and girls compete. It's an incredible group activity for kids/teens.

I like your idea
  • SimlishPopstarSimlishPopstar Posts: 204 Member
    I feel like kids have always had very little in the sims series, not enough to make them super engaging at least.

Maybe a sort of child prodigy status could be added to the game. As well as that a child admiration system as in a child can view a certain sim as a role model due to certain traits etc. If they added a style system of celebrity system sims could admire features of other sims, admiring the style and traits of some and making them lean into acting like that sim, this would require some extra work on sim personalities and perhaps even the zodiac system back or at least the stats that it brought with it.
    hula hooping
    edited June 2017
    paper air plane
  • CynnaCynna Posts: 2,369 Member
    hula hooping

Hula hoops? I would totally love this. <3

Do you also remember the ankle jump ropes from back in the day? Maybe I'm dating myself too much. :D

Or sit and bounce toys?

Paddle and ball?

Yo-yos?

There's so much stuff that could be added. Unfortunately, they also require a lot of unique animations. That doesn't seem to be much of a thing this time around. ::sigh::

I3Ml5Om.jpg
    Cynna wrote: »
    hula hooping

Hula hoops? I would totally love this. <3

Do you also remember the ankle jump ropes from back in the day? Maybe I'm dating myself too much. :D

Or sit and bounce toys?

Paddle and ball?

Yo-yos?

There's so much stuff that could be added. Unfortunately, they also require a lot of unique animations. That doesn't seem to be much of a thing this time around. ::sigh::

I really like your ideas @Cynna
  • skydom95skydom95 Posts: 4 New Member
    Picking flowers for parents or siblings.

Catching critters at the pond (this would probably fit better being included in a pets expansion though).

Being able to get muddy playing sports or something and then parents could have the options to scold the kid.

Being able to have a stuffed animal or blanket they NEED to have in their inventory AT ALL TIMES or else they get upset. Maybe even an animation where they go to sleep with the animal/blanket.

For a kid to be bullied and then being able to change schools or have an older sibling defend them would be a cool addition and could be done by only adding new moodlets.

Electronic animals like Furbies or Fur Real Friends. Or go completely old school and add something like Tomagotchi/Giga Pets.

I love the idea of pillow/blanket forts someone else suggested but I would like to add, maybe instead of a whole new object, that could be an interaction with couches to turn them into pirate ships or castles or tents. Maybe even dining tables could have a "turn into blanket fort" interaction. Ooh, ooh, or a "go cave exploring" interaction. Basically a blanket would appear over the table and the kid/s would crawl under it.

I love all the ideas on this thread and I really hope some of it makes it into the game.
  • dg51829dg51829 Posts: 300 Member
    I'd love to see clubs make it back into sims 4 and graduations for both children and high schoolers. It would also be cool if they had learning skill where they learn math, reading, science, social studies, social skills physical education, ect and as they get higher the better they do on homework, projects and making friends during the school day. The learning skill turns into an academics skill for teenagers and works the same way as the learning skill but can affect future careers as well as academics. It would be a great concept to test out and work with before a university expansion.

Community centers would be awesome. Right now you can make them as gym but it would be really cool to have it as its own lot. Different skill classes could happen here, cook-outs, some sort of independence day festival, play date events, ect. It would be so cool to have my kids taking a basketball class or ballet class while their parents can talk to other parents exchanging parenting styles or even taking adult classes.

List of Toys
    -Robotic pets
    -Collectable toys (that change in worth as a sim ages and could be given to grandchildren late in life)
    -Play Computers/Learning Computers
    -Yo-Yo
    -Etch-A-Sketch
    -Play Dough/Moon Dough/Kinetic Sand
    -Slinky
    -Silly putty
    -Something similar to Weebles (toddlers)
    -Something similar to Furbies (toddlers, kids and teens). Something that's cute and furry and kids love the and will hang onto them but also creepy to parents.
    -Riding Wagon: take toddlers for walks around the neighborhood, pull around the yard, kids can pull toddlers around
    -Strollers: take toddlers on jogs and walks around the neighborhood
    -Pop-Up Book
    -Army Men
    -Finger Paints (an art center for toddlers)
    -Troll Dolls
    -Premium toy dolls: barbies, American Girl Dolls/bigger dolls, Baby ALive, Cabbage Patch dolls
    -Stuffed animals (similar to Beanie Babies): can be collected, teens can still use them but kids could play pretend with them,ect.
    -Regular sized Teddy Bears for kids and toddlers
    -Comic Books
    -Manga Books for teens
    -New Movies/TV Stations: one that is like the Barbie movies, one that is like American Girl Doll movies, something like Ninja Mutant Turtles/Powers Rangers/Super Sentai, something like My Little Pony/Barney/Teletubbies for toddlers, anime movies/shows for teenagers. I'd love to see teenage shows that have 'forbidden words.
    Parents could scold teens for watching shows with forbidden words, ask questions to understand anime/manga, restrict children and toddlers from watching certain shows. Teenagers could complain about having to watch 'baby' or 'kid' shows.

Also I'd love to see a toy store come back. It would bare up with Santa being brought back to the game. The kids leave out cookies: nice cookies are bad cookies. There is a whole slew of activities in this season. They can also throw in Saint Nicholas, meaning the person that leaves candies in your shoes I believe. I'd love to be able to make toys again on the workstation and maybe some sort of new equipment too that makes more plastic and electronic toys.
    dg51829 wrote: »
    I'd love to see clubs make it back into sims 4 and graduations for both children and high schoolers. It would also be cool if they had learning skill where they learn math, reading, science, social studies, social skills physical education, ect and as they get higher the better they do on homework, projects and making friends during the school day. The learning skill turns into an academics skill for teenagers and works the same way as the learning skill but can affect future careers as well as academics. It would be a great concept to test out and work with before a university expansion.

Community centers would be awesome. Right now you can make them as gym but it would be really cool to have it as its own lot. Different skill classes could happen here, cook-outs, some sort of independence day festival, play date events, ect. It would be so cool to have my kids taking a basketball class or ballet class while their parents can talk to other parents exchanging parenting styles or even taking adult classes.

List of Toys
    -Robotic pets
    -Collectable toys (that change in worth as a sim ages and could be given to grandchildren late in life)
    -Play Computers/Learning Computers
    -Yo-Yo
    -Etch-A-Sketch
    -Play Dough/Moon Dough/Kinetic Sand
    -Slinky
    -Silly putty
    -Something similar to Weebles (toddlers)
    -Something similar to Furbies (toddlers, kids and teens). Something that's cute and furry and kids love the and will hang onto them but also creepy to parents.
    -Riding Wagon: take toddlers for walks around the neighborhood, pull around the yard, kids can pull toddlers around
    -Strollers: take toddlers on jogs and walks around the neighborhood
    -Pop-Up Book
    -Army Men
    -Finger Paints (an art center for toddlers)
    -Troll Dolls
    -Premium toy dolls: barbies, American Girl Dolls/bigger dolls, Baby ALive, Cabbage Patch dolls
    -Stuffed animals (similar to Beanie Babies): can be collected, teens can still use them but kids could play pretend with them,ect.
    -Regular sized Teddy Bears for kids and toddlers
    -Comic Books
    -Manga Books for teens
    -New Movies/TV Stations: one that is like the Barbie movies, one that is like American Girl Doll movies, something like Ninja Mutant Turtles/Powers Rangers/Super Sentai, something like My Little Pony/Barney/Teletubbies for toddlers, anime movies/shows for teenagers. I'd love to see teenage shows that have 'forbidden words.
    Parents could scold teens for watching shows with forbidden words, ask questions to understand anime/manga, restrict children and toddlers from watching certain shows. Teenagers could complain about having to watch 'baby' or 'kid' shows.

Also I'd love to see a toy store come back. It would bare up with Santa being brought back to the game. The kids leave out cookies: nice cookies are bad cookies. There is a whole slew of activities in this season. They can also throw in Saint Nicholas, meaning the person that leaves candies in your shoes I believe. I'd love to be able to make toys again on the workstation and maybe some sort of new equipment too that makes more plastic and electronic toys.

the wagon Idea is so cute @dg51829
    Its so simple I don't know why I didn't think of it before a cardboard box for kids to play in
    edited October 2017
    I feel like kids have always had very little in the sims series, not enough to make them super engaging at least.

Maybe a sort of child prodigy status could be added to the game. As well as that a child admiration system as in a child can view a certain sim as a role model due to certain traits etc. If they added a style system of celebrity system sims could admire features of other sims, admiring the style and traits of some and making them lean into acting like that sim, this would require some extra work on sim personalities and perhaps even the zodiac system back or at least the stats that it brought with it.

I like your idea did it would be great for kids to have people they want to be like
    loosing teeth would be a good one then they could put the tooth under their pillow
    and get a toy from the tooth fairy
  • PinkLuvxxPinkLuvxx Posts: 4 New Member
    Yes! I get so bored with having to take care of the kids and have nothing to do with them! I usually just age them up.
    it would also be nice if there parents could teach them how to tie their shoes
    and how to bake
    and ride bikes
  • friendlysimmersfriendlysimmers Posts: 7,546 Member
    i fully agree on this 200% the kids in sims4 needs more things to do there should also be an interaction for kids to be able to call there friends on the phone to ask if they can come over to play?
    If you went the sims5 to remain offline feel free to sign this petition http://chng.it/gtfHPhHK please note that it is also to keep the gallery

Repose en paix mamie tu va me manquer :

1923-2016 mamie :'(
    i fully agree on this 200% the kids in sims4 needs more things to do there should also be an interaction for kids to be able to call there friends on the phone to ask if they can come over to play?

I like that idea
  • boykinater18boykinater18 Posts: 237 Member
    Yes to all of these, as much as I enjoyed parenthood, I feel we should have had more activities for the kids. I mean we don't even have anything to put in our backyards except for the massive jungle gym. We had parenthood, toddler stuff pack, and a kids pack, but still are lacking in the kid department. Y'all listed so many awesome things, I feel I don't need to list anything.
  • LiaRose1435LiaRose1435 Posts: 720 Member
    I wish kids could use the slide and ball pit that came with the toddler stuff pack
    Am I too lost to be saved?
    Am I too lost?
  • MidnightAuraMidnightAura Posts: 5,809 Member

Absolutely agree kids need more activities, Mary Mack, catch, sandpit, swing sets, playhouses and play equipment like toddlers but for kids. (But not that giant monstrosity that is the pirate ship!)

Can children not invite other children over in this version? If so what a bizarre oversight. That's a feature since the sims 1.
  • HarlowandMeHarlowandMe Posts: 231 Member
    18 inch dolls they could play dress up with, ,like american girl dolls. They could make matching offits for your kids and the doll, and to be able to play tea with them.