Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg stop auto picking up a serving!

Comments

• rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,594 Member
    I made the hamburger cake to age up my toddler and he did not take a piece... I hope it does not do that from now on...I have not tried the other cakes.

This is slightly off topic, but what is the hamburger cake, and how do you make it? I've got several sims with their cooking skill maxed out, and I've never seen this. Is it something associated with the baking skill instead?

I've also had the issue where they keep autonomously taking food and putting it in their inventory. I never thought about how that would affect weddings and birthdays. The last time I tried to have a wedding, my sims couldn't get married because the game thought the one was in the employ of the other, which is not the case.

Hello
    You need to own the " up all night " set pack which is a part of the " digital deluxe" version of the Sims 4, to be able to have the hamburger cake option.
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    This is beyond annoying. I'm trying to create a bakery. Is there any hint as to when and if this will be fixed? There really is no point to having the game options to bake professionally as long as this is an issue.
  • pri4321pri4321 Posts: 225 Member
    Same thing happened to me. I was having a birthday party for my vampire and then when I tried to prepare a cake the sim kept grabbing a piece of it not allowing me to add birthday candles, I tried to make a cake 5 times but all times my sims ate the cake
    Hello
    For simmers who use mods, there is a mod that can help with the issue of putting food in the inventory

No more autonomous Food put in Inventory after cooking and baking
    http://www.modthesims.info/download.php?t=589977
  • CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited February 2017
    This is really annoying lol.I assume it has something to do with toddlers, but they shouldn't make it automatic.If I want to feed my toddler what I'm cooking, I'll do it myself, plus not all families have children so, why do I need to carry food around?

Agree I hate it. If I direct my Sims now to 'cook' they auto take a serving for inventory. If I tell them to serve dinner etc. they auto put a plate in inventory (lives alone he was cooking for friends visiting) He was starving but now too silly to actually take a serving and eat it, he put it in inventory. :s
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    This is beyond annoying. I'm trying to create a bakery. Is there any hint as to when and if this will be fixed? There really is no point to having the game options to bake professionally as long as this is an issue.

Hello
    It may be fixed in an upcoming patch.

For simmers affected, It would be good to post feedback or press " me too " on this thread on the AHQ EA site that refers to the issue
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Food/m-p/5821172#M32460
  • JoaquinoaJoaquinoa Posts: 1 New Member
    I don't know if this will always work but it did for me after baking my fifth cake, I paused the game right when the cake came out of the oven, cancelled the take a serving action that the sim that made the cake had, and then I had a different sim add birthday candles, and unpaused the game
    Joaquinoa wrote: »
    I don't know if this will always work but it did for me after baking my fifth cake, I paused the game right when the cake came out of the oven, cancelled the take a serving action that the sim that made the cake had, and then I had a different sim add birthday candles, and unpaused the game

Hello @Joaquinoa Welcome to the forums! :)
    Your feedback on what helped with the issue in your game is very helpful for simmers who have this issue. It is thoughtful of you to post about it :)
  • MrMonty96MrMonty96 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Thankfully a modder has come to the rescue and fixed it. The mod is available over at modthesims:
    http://modthesims.info/download.php?t=589977
  • catalina_45catalina_45 Posts: 359 Member
    edited February 2017
    I solved the problem with cake, cooking them before starting the event, put it in fridge and after that starting the event.
    Grab the cake from fridge, put the candles. The action it works, but the game generate an exception file.
    The game doesn't crash, but the exception file indicate that there is an error in game.

The mod on MTS doesn't work well, because the issue from the game couldn't be solved with a simple tuning. It's something more deeper. I hope that EA will fix this soon.
    Words are soul's image
  • SimTrippySimTrippy Posts: 7,651 Member
    edited February 2017
    So the thing to do is: have them make a cake. As soon as they're done making it, pause the game. Then drag the cake to a different spot (the counter, the table, whatever) and they won't be able to take a piece. Then immediately queue the action to add birthday candles (preferably while still in pause- also check no one else is on their way to take a piece, and if so, delete the action) and you can age your sims up normally. It's annoying but this workaround hasn't failed me yet :)
    SimTrippy wrote: »
    So the thing to do is: have them make a cake. As soon as they're done making it, pause the game. Then drag the cake to a different spot (the counter, the table, whatever) and they won't be able to take a piece. Then immediately queue the action to add birthday candles (preferably while still in pause- also check no one else is on their way to take a piece, and if so, delete the action) and you can age your sims up normally. It's annoying but this workaround hasn't failed me yet :)

Hello
    It is great to read the helpful workaround that is working for the issue in your game :)
  • CursedDiceCursedDice Posts: 978 Member
    This is ruining my wedding as we speak!
    Caterer is broken and won't make the cake(Still!).
    I keep making my groom and bride make wedding cakes and they keep auto faking a piece before I can put the wedding topper on.
    This is the 3rd cake!

Both their hunger is in green, make it stop please!

Was fighting this problem yesterday. Was trying to make a birthday cake and she kept taking a serving as soon as it was baked!
    CursedDice wrote: »
    I keep making my groom and bride make wedding cakes and they keep auto faking a piece before I can put the wedding topper on.
    This is the 3rd cake!

Was fighting this problem yesterday. Was trying to make a birthday cake and she kept taking a serving as soon as it was baked!

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue also :( I hope that the workarounds in this thread may help you next time that your sim is making a birthday cake.
    ....Also, is there a mod to take the time limit off on parties. This auto take a serving is ruining parties and I need more time to try and make cakes.

'Longer Parties/ More guests' mod allows you to have a party that lasts 24 hours. You can choose just the longer parties mod - but having more guests is a really nice option.
    http://modthesims.info/d/558097

I seem to remember in the Sims 3 I had a bonfire uni party that ran all night (or was it all weekend?). Not sure if it was broken up by the cops or just died out itself
    rosemow wrote: »
    CursedDice wrote: »
    This is the 3rd cake!

Hello
    I am sorry that you had this issue also :( I hope that the workarounds in this thread may help you next time that your sim is making a birthday cake.

Made three cakes and had the same issue with two (can't remember if three sims tried) different sims.

Today it wasn't an issue, but the party went too quick and the guests didn't register it was even a birthday party, didn't celebrate the blowing out of candles, no gifts (although the game did give me a book as a gift once it was done) etc.
  • StarWhispersStarWhispers Posts: 45 Member
    Callum2000 wrote: »
    I have this issue when they cook a regular meal, but thankfully it hasn't happened with cakes (yet) and they don't keep hold of either of the plates; they big plate stays on the counter and they put the serving they took in their inventory. Its still really annoying though :/ I hope this and all of the CAS bugs get fixed soon!

I just had this happen on a cake! It was a birthday cake so I ended up having to make another for my toddlers birthday party. It was confetti cake btw :)
    I made the hamburger cake to age up my toddler and he did not take a piece... I hope it does not do that from now on...I have not tried the other cakes.

This is slightly off topic, but what is the hamburger cake, and how do you make it? I've got several sims with their cooking skill maxed out, and I've never seen this. Is it something associated with the baking skill instead?

I've also had the issue where they keep autonomously taking food and putting it in their inventory. I never thought about how that would affect weddings and birthdays. The last time I tried to have a wedding, my sims couldn't get married because the game thought the one was in the employ of the other, which is not the case.

The Hamburger Cake is apart of the Up All Night DLC (Digital Deluxe Upgrade). I actually just had the same problem where my sim was told she could not propose to her boyfriend because of employ too. I just made him quit his job and restart it. But he was only at the second stage of culinary.

The Hamburger Cake is apart of the Up All Night DLC (Digital Deluxe Upgrade). I actually just had the same problem where my sim was told she could not propose to her boyfriend because of employ too. I just made him quit his job and restart it. But he was only at the second stage of culinary.

Hello
    If you continue to have the issue with not being able to have your sim propose because of being in the employment of the other, breaking up with any other boyfriends /girl friends that the sims have has helped other simmers with the issue.
    This is the 3rd cake!

I figured out a solution! Okay, so, immediately after the cake comes out of the oven, stop the next task that occurs. It'll make the Sim go into the default pose, the one where they look like a mannequin, but that's what's supposed to happen! After a couple seconds, they'll set the cake down on the table, and IMMEDIATELY after they do that, put the wedding topper/birthday candles on the cake. There you go -- problem solved!

I had to do that exact same thing!!! Pretty much the only way if you catch it quick enough then you are good. But another way is to go into build mode and place a fridge but no surface to place it on right after he/she puts it in the oven. That way they will auto put it in the fridge and not be able to steal a slice before topper is put on :wink:
    This is the 3rd cake!

I figured out a solution! Okay, so, immediately after the cake comes out of the oven, stop the next task that occurs. It'll make the Sim go into the default pose, the one where they look like a mannequin, but that's what's supposed to happen! After a couple seconds, they'll set the cake down on the table, and IMMEDIATELY after they do that, put the wedding topper/birthday candles on the cake. There you go -- problem solved!

I had to do that exact same thing!!! Pretty much the only way if you catch it quick enough then you are good. But another way is to go into build mode and place a fridge but no surface to place it on right after he/she puts it in the oven. That way they will auto put it in the fridge and not be able to steal a slice before topper is put on :wink:

Hello
    The tip about having the fridge but no surface to place it on is a very helpful workaround for the issue! Thanks for posting it!
  • AinsleyfAinsleyf Posts: 880 Member
    I have found something that usually works. If you cancel the cooking action right when they're taking something out of the oven, and then immediately queue up another action, like clean up a plate, or walk to the next room, they should go directly to that next action without taking a piece.
    edited March 2017
    Ainsleyf wrote: »
    I have found something that usually works. If you cancel the cooking action right when they're taking something out of the oven, and then immediately queue up another action, like clean up a plate, or walk to the next room, they should go directly to that next action without taking a piece.

Hello
    Your tip is very helpful! :) It is kind of you to post it to help fellow simmers with the same issue.
  • TheOpGamerTheOpGamer Posts: 1 New Member
    I was playing the sims and the was trying to have a birthday cake but whoever cooked it ate it so when one person cooked it I paused it then pressed put away an it worked I was trying for 20min
    TheOpGamer wrote: »
    I was playing the sims and the was trying to have a birthday cake but whoever cooked it ate it so when one person cooked it I paused it then pressed put away an it worked I was trying for 20min

Hello
    It is good that in the end you were able to get the birthday cake, without a slice taken out of it. I am sorry that you had the issue,
    Also, welcome to the forums ! Just a little information. You need to have 50 points and 30 posts before you can become a full member and can then post pictures, have a signature, edit posts , post links and change your profile picture.This thread explains about it.
    http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/discussion/770609/member-or-new-member-everything-you-need-to-know