Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Omg stop auto picking up a serving!

This is ruining my wedding as we speak!
Caterer is broken and won't make the cake(Still!).
I keep making my groom and bride make wedding cakes and they keep auto faking a piece before I can put the wedding topper on.
This is the 3rd cake!

Both their hunger is in green, make it stop please!

Comments

• feetinstockingsfeetinstockings Posts: 4,264 Member
    I wish this to, it's there so you can feed a toddler when you're out and about, but it is very annoying, must be worse if you haven't got a toddler.
  • rbridges430rbridges430 Posts: 2,675 Member
    I wish this to, it's there so you can feed a toddler when you're out and about, but it is very annoying, must be worse if you haven't got a toddler.
    The newlyweds don't have kids and they're at wedding venue of their home lot.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    edited January 2017
    Yes this is happening in my game too. The strangest part about it is: They take a plate but put the plate down and keep holding the big serving still in their hands.
    Started to happen since toddler patch. :neutral:
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Yes this is happening in my game too. The strangers part about it is: They take a plate but put the plate down and keep holding the big serving still in their hands.
    Started to happen since toddler patch. :neutral:

yes, the groom will not put the plate down and just said his vows and exchanged rings with the dang cake plate in his hands. I had to reset him.
    This wedding is very much ruined.
    Anyone know if there's a mod that makes the caterer/pianist actually work and do their job?
    I'm so disappointed this still does not work since the game came out.

Also, is there a mod to take the time limit off on parties. This auto take a serving is ruining parties and I need more time to try and make cakes.
  • Keks_MilchKeks_Milch Posts: 513 Member
    Perhaps you can try making a cake before you start the wedding, and put the cake in your sims inventory?
    Dont know if it works but maybe its worth a try!
    Keks_Milch wrote: »
    Perhaps you can try making a cake before you start the wedding, and put the cake in your sims inventory?
    Dont know if it works but maybe its worth a try!

I'll try but no matter what I do she keeps auto taking a serving.

Caterer should just work:(
  • Jaline33Jaline33 Posts: 1,167 Member
    This has been happening in my game, too, since the Toddler patch. It seemed to affect anything that is baked. They take a serving in one hand and hold the remainder in the other hand. The only thing I could do was shift/click on the single serving and then click on the debug option. They drop the single serving and then I can get them to "put away" the rest of the object (cake, bread, etc.). Once it is in the fridge it can be pulled out and used as normal. I'm not sure if candles can still go on it or the wedding topper as I haven't tried that.
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    @SimGuruNick This sounds like an important issue. I saw it during the live stream as well I think. Have you been able to replicate it?
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • WyrrenWyrren Posts: 724 Member
    Oh no! I have a couple I was going to marry soon! I wanted them to have a nice wedding. :( I'll still go ahead with it though, maybe tomorrow, and see what happens.
    Origin ID: Wyrren
  • CassAngelCassAngel Posts: 307 Member
    I made my sim cook everything and she made a lovely wedding cake. Set it out on a table for everyone to eat then BAM maid stole it -_-
  • LosaruTaiyoLosaruTaiyo Posts: 10,807 Member
    Same here. I mean I can go with other parts of my story, but the wedding part should be soon. Would be nice if the cake worked out. XP Not to mention there's also going to be an aging up too.
    D6PfW.jpg?1322673184

I have no memory of this place. Time to start anew I guess
  • TrashmagicTrashmagic Posts: 977 Member
    I don't think it's only affecting baked foods. My sim made a fruit salad and did the same thing. I also haven't been able to use the microwave.
    Jaline33 wrote: »
    This has been happening in my game, too, since the Toddler patch. It seemed to affect anything that is baked. They take a serving in one hand and hold the remainder in the other hand. The only thing I could do was shift/click on the single serving and then click on the debug option. They drop the single serving and then I can get them to "put away" the rest of the object (cake, bread, etc.). Once it is in the fridge it can be pulled out and used as normal. I'm not sure if candles can still go on it or the wedding topper as I haven't tried that.

Once a slice has been taken you can not put candles or a topper.
    This is also happening with all foods not just baked goods unfortunately:(
    Wyrren wrote: »
    Oh no! I have a couple I was going to marry soon! I wanted them to have a nice wedding. :( I'll still go ahead with it though, maybe tomorrow, and see what happens.

Goodluck!
    Same here. I mean I can go with other parts of my story, but the wedding part should be soon. Would be nice if the cake worked out. XP Not to mention there's also going to be an aging up too.

Yeah I wanted to throw a birthday party for a sim, but you really need a cake. Not sure if you can purchase an already made one.
  • chensaytaylorchensaytaylor Posts: 700 Member
    I made the hamburger cake to age up my toddler and he did not take a piece... I hope it does not do that from now on...I have not tried the other cakes.
  • Teslachick2Teslachick2 Posts: 442 Member
    If you have DO, you could go to a restaurant and order cake, put it in sim's inventory and use for the wedding/birthday. It's what I did when my sim kept ruining all the cakes she baked because of the bug.
    I regret some of my life choices.
    If you have DO, you could go to a restaurant and order cake, put it in sim's inventory and use for the wedding/birthday. It's what I did when my sim kept ruining all the cakes she baked because of the bug.

Good idea!
  • MendotaMendota Posts: 794 Member
    Well they do it with the pies as well. That is a good idea about the dine out cake, otherwise I was wondering how I would have birthdays.
  • Rukola_SchaafRukola_Schaaf Posts: 3,065 Member
    edited January 2017
    there just should be a special occasions GP with well executed weddings, birthdays & funeral services
    one where sims finally celebrate & not just try to do their usual disorientated dysfunctional stuff
    as it is so far, it's annoying to have either to use mods, workarounds, endure or do without

there should be also a wedding planner as well, a funeral planner, party service - that's how it's done IRL
    that's unrealised potential :tongue:
    & if it's too elaborate for a GP, then maybe an EP ?
    something functioning as it should, i am really quite worn out on all those workarounds with sims, it's tiring & not fun
    things described in threads like this don't make me come back to play :cookie:

Post edited by Rukola_Schaaf on
    i won't be participating in the forums & the gallery anymore - thanks EA
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    I have been having the same problem. At the beginning I didn't notice it, but it annoyed me that I kept telling them to eat but they just went to the fridge and then nothing. So I noticed they had put in an option for just picking up a plate, insted of grabbing one to eat. Although they don't do that when I make a cake I think.. Had to start a new game though since my original game bugged out or something. I had a baby I wanted to age up to toddler but when I went to age him up he just disappeard :| and was nowhere to be found so :( hope that's not gonna happen to my new game
    Devinale wrote: »
    I have been having the same problem. At the beginning I didn't notice it, but it annoyed me that I kept telling them to eat but they just went to the fridge and then nothing. So I noticed they had put in an option for just picking up a plate, insted of grabbing one to eat. Although they don't do that when I make a cake I think.. Had to start a new game though since my original game bugged out or something. I had a baby I wanted to age up to toddler but when I went to age him up he just disappeard :| and was nowhere to be found so :( hope that's not gonna happen to my new game

Awe man I'm sorry that happened :(
    Try a test family first!
    Or make two saves :)
  • DevinaleDevinale Posts: 209 Member
    @rbridges430 I'm playing with a new family now :) having trouble finding her a guy though xD hopefully the baby won't disappear this time! At least the premade toddler worked out fine with no problems :)
  • v12creatorv12creator Posts: 3,626 Member
    Yeah, the bug is happening to me as well. It can be sort of annoying if you dont have any dining table because the sims wont eat elsewhere.
    jr73Y.gif