Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

The Vampire Coven Challenge [Updated 02/04]

Comments

• cshanercshaner Posts: 2,620 Member
    @Rainydayz179 Oooh I'll have to go read through the rules again and make sure I have them all straight.

I do find it a bit hard to believe with your love of the supernatural and vampire etc that you haven't seen Buffy. It's really campy especially at first, but if you can get through some of the early episodes, it's a great series. It's Joss Whedon if you're familiar with any of his other stuff, including DollHouse, Firefly, the Buffy Spinoff - Angel etc. Love love love...
    covensig800x200.jpg?w=676
    SimFluence - Where Sims Influence the Story
    Blood that Binds: A Vampire Coven Challenge Updated 04/22/2017
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    Origin ID: cshaner07
  • StormyDayzStormyDayz Posts: 4,035 Member
    @cshaner I love paranormal/urban fantasy/dystopian books but in most cases I lose interest in the tv shows and movies pretty quick. I watched like 3 seasons of True Blood until it started going so far away from the books that all I could do was compare everything that was happening to them and I wasn't enjoying it anymore. I watched a few seasons of Vampire Diaries and I liked the vamps and the story but never warmed up to the girl. Now as to books I've read hundreds and a lot of them I've read more than once. I'm not really a big tv watcher anyway. :D
    @Rainydayz179 I'm not much of a TV watcher anymore either. I prefer reading and playing Video games when I'm home. And writing too (obviously!). I also really like building and maintaining my blog and the separate areas that I have going there. TV shows, I watched all the seasons of TrueBlood, I only read the first Sookie Stackhouse novel though so I didn't have much to compare and season 1 pretty much was book 1. So I thought they did a decent job at least at the start. I also watched the first maybe 5 or 6 episodes of Vampire Diaries. Couldn't get into that at all. Kept thinking it was too similar to Twilight with this really old vampire falling for a teenage high school girl. I also really wanted them to do more with the witch character friend but in the roughly half a season I watched, they didn't do anything with her at all. I understand it got better...but too late.

My husband, and a few others keep telling me to read the Anne Rice books. I'll probably download the trilogy on my iPad for the cruise next month and binge read them all (or close to it) there.

I also read some stories written by a teen and her Mom about a Vampire school called House of Night. I honestly really liked those vampires. It was an interesting concept. As the vampires power grew, they actually gained new features - like facial tattoos and stuff. For some reason I seem to enjoy YA fiction more these days than adult fiction.
    Life Under Construction: A Drifter Challenge House 001 Completed 1/29/17 | Orphan Challenge: Harkins Family Completed 11/12/16
    @cshaner Oh yea House of Night! I read all of them up 'till whatever came out the last year or so if anything did. I went through a huge young adult reading stage and then boom I couldn't stand it, lol. I read some Anne Rice but not the vampire ones. It was a ghost book Taltos or something like that. It was a long time ago so I only vaguely remember it. I had the vampire series on my book shelf for years and never read them so I finally gave them to someone. I'm weird when it comes to books I have to be in the right mood and the book has to catch my attention almost immediately or I never end up reading it.
    @Rainydayz179 I was just looking through my kindle purchases for House of Night - i couldn't remember the name of the series to tell you! Haha.

Apparently I only got up to book 3 and there are like 12 now or something. *mind blown* Perhaps instead of reading Anne Rice on the cruise next month, I'll download the next few installments of the House of Night instead! :smile:
    @cshaner I looked on Goodreads and the last I read was 10. My review was 3 stars and I said this "I think the point of this book was Zoe needs to grow up. The book ended very abruptly too." The rest of them got 5 stars though. Seems whatever happened in 10 turned me off of the series. I highly recommend the novellas. I remember really enjoying them but I'm not sure where they fit in the timeline.
  • misfit091376misfit091376 Posts: 992 Member
    I love the House of Night books! My son for Christmas one year bought me the second one (I guess he didn't know it was a series), so I had to buy the first. I may have to re-read those since you guys are talking about them!

I've been kind of off of sims a little bit lately, but plan to start playing again today. I want to finish my toddler (it should only be a few more sim days), and Rory's vampire (I'm still a bit confused on a lot of the vamp skills and stuff). Then I'll only have drifter, and I'll start this one. I think I'll restart, because not only did I invite Caleb to move in, but he was romantic with my leader lol. I didn't get very far anyway.
    @misfit091376 I haven't been able to concentrate to read a book in months! It's driving me crazy. I even have a hard time reading blogs which makes me feel guilty because I want to read so many. I just realized when I was looking at my reviews for House of Night on Goodreads that I haven't even set a goal for 2017 yet. For me this is strange since before Sims blogging I used to do a book review blog and averaged a book a day. One fear is that once I do find something I want to read I won't feel like gaming anymore for awhile.

Which leads into you not playing sims. I go for periods where I just don't want to play either. Usually that's when I'll read a lot and watch YouTube and other stuff. I've been trying to force some variety into my schedule but it's hard when all I really want to do is play Sims! I don't blame you for wanting to start over. Especially if you don't understand the vampires yet. Rory's challenge should help with that I bet.

My advise: get their vampire knowledge skill up enough to make plasma packs, travel outside of Forgotten Hollow and find a couple $10 frogs (more expensive ones would lose you money) then breed those babies and make your plasma packs. Pass them from one vamp to another and have them make a pack to keep in their inventory if they need it. I usually have them keep a couple of packs in their inventory because it's convenient for me instead of having them walk to the fridge. I have seen them use them autonomously a few times but usually they won't and will just get so uncomfortable they can't function.

I think vamps in the game need some work. Drinking when they're thirsty, finding shade instead of burning in the sun, and why do I need 20 random vampires roaming my neighborhoods??? The leveling up can be really quick if you buy some of the starter traits that give a good amount of experience when used. I got Dario up a level in a little over a day.
    edited February 2017
    @Rainydayz179 what do you mean about starter traits? Giving a good amount of experience? Do you mean the aspiration reward traits? Do some of them give experience? Thanks for the tip about the frogs. I did go to Oasis Springs and got a few a few days ago.

OH - I just re-read and determined you probably meant starter vampire traits like the one that makes them talk to themselves etc.

I'm going to make dragon fruit too. For money. :smile:
    Post edited by cshaner on
    @cshaner I watched The Sim Supply's youtube lets' play vampire thing and he leveled his vamp up super fast using the cast hallucination power which is a low tier power for (I think) one point. Crazy overpowered cuz I used it like 15 times with Dario and he got a whole level.

I need to send Hoyt out to get the stuff for dragon fruit too next time I play that save. Do they have them at all the festivals? I know I've seen them at at least one but I've never payed much attention to them.
    @Rainydayz179 I was just going to head over to Willow Creek and grab some strawberries and snap dragons and just grow the dragon fruit! :smile: I suppose you do have to garden to at least 5 to splice though right? I do have a character that I could assign to that job.
    @cshaner Yea it's level 5 for grafting. I was just being lazy really. I do gardening so much in Drifter I really didn't want to have to do a lot of it here too ya know?
    Yeah good point. But I don't think I mind and dragon fruit eventually yields several thousand per harvest. It's amazing! ( as you know!)
    cshaner wrote: »
    Yeah good point. But I don't think I mind and dragon fruit eventually yields several thousand per harvest. It's amazing! ( as you know!)

Yep I know. ;)
    @misfit091376 I haven't been able to concentrate to read a book in months! It's driving me crazy. I even have a hard time reading blogs which makes me feel guilty because I want to read so many. I just realized when I was looking at my reviews for House of Night on Goodreads that I haven't even set a goal for 2017 yet. For me this is strange since before Sims blogging I used to do a book review blog and averaged a book a day. One fear is that once I do find something I want to read I won't feel like gaming anymore for awhile.

Which leads into you not playing sims. I go for periods where I just don't want to play either. Usually that's when I'll read a lot and watch YouTube and other stuff. I've been trying to force some variety into my schedule but it's hard when all I really want to do is play Sims! I don't blame you for wanting to start over. Especially if you don't understand the vampires yet. Rory's challenge should help with that I bet.

My advise: get their vampire knowledge skill up enough to make plasma packs, travel outside of Forgotten Hollow and find a couple $10 frogs (more expensive ones would lose you money) then breed those babies and make your plasma packs. Pass them from one vamp to another and have them make a pack to keep in their inventory if they need it. I usually have them keep a couple of packs in their inventory because it's convenient for me instead of having them walk to the fridge. I have seen them use them autonomously a few times but usually they won't and will just get so uncomfortable they can't function.

I think vamps in the game need some work. Drinking when they're thirsty, finding shade instead of burning in the sun, and why do I need 20 random vampires roaming my neighborhoods??? The leveling up can be really quick if you buy some of the starter traits that give a good amount of experience when used. I got Dario up a level in a little over a day.

I'm like you with books! But just like with everything else, I get a little bored and move to something else. As far as not playing, I've been reading Ashes to Ashes. I'm almost caught up on it, then I should be ready to play again :) Thanks for the advice! That should help quite a bit :)

I need to send Hoyt out to get the stuff for dragon fruit too next time I play that save. Do they have them at all the festivals? I know I've seen them at at least one but I've never payed much attention to them.

I got my dragonfruit from the spice festival. I think some people were saying they got it from the romance festival, but I never see it there.
    I'm like you with books! But just like with everything else, I get a little bored and move to something else. As far as not playing, I've been reading Ashes to Ashes. I'm almost caught up on it, then I should be ready to play again :) Thanks for the advice! That should help quite a bit :)

I need to catch up on Ashes to Ashes but I left off in gen 4 so it would be a long time reading... as you know now that you're reading it!

I need to catch up on Ashes to Ashes but I left off in gen 4 so it would be a long time reading... as you know now that you're reading it!

It does take a long time! I finally got to gen 5 (which is where she is writing now), so I think I have about 30 chapters or so to catch up.
    I stopped reading around the time the Gen 5 kids became teen/YA so I'm about 15-25 chapters behind now I guess. I don't have any plans to return to it because it doesn't interest me anymore.

Not saying that others shouldn't enjoy it.
    cshaner wrote: »
    I stopped reading around the time the Gen 5 kids became teen/YA so I'm about 15-25 chapters behind now I guess. I don't have any plans to return to it because it doesn't interest me anymore.

Not saying that others shouldn't enjoy it.

I'm loving it. Gen 4 was definitely drama filled.
    Anyway this isn't the A2A thread so are you starting a Vampire Challenge @misfit091376 ? Are you doing a story for it if you are?
    edited February 2017
    Double post? Weird
    Post edited by cshaner on
    @cshaner Yes, I am, but no, probably not. I'm not really good at story telling.
    Are you going to post pictures like you did with your Drifters? Or no? I'd love to see your coven!
    I will do that :) I have two short challenges I'm trying to finish, then I'll start on this one. I know it's going to take some time getting all of my coven set up (those vamps take a while to make!).
    @misfit091376 they sure do!! I spent time getting the makeup look for the dark form that I wanted on each of them too. Not that I imagine them applying makeup when in their dark form, but I consider it part of their features. Like the male lips turn black etc. the woman also have deep black lines near their eyes (eyeliner) etc.

I didn't switch outfits for dark form, but makeup yep, I went through every single outfit look and added the makeup for all 8 Vampires. It was an undertaking for certain!