Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Things I'd Still Love To See Added In TS4

ArriesArries Posts: 58 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
I think the toddlers are super, ridiculously amazing. I love everything about them. However, I'd love to see an addition where they can be breastfed. They gave it to our babies in TS4, which I thought was brilliant (as much as I hate the TS4 babies), but a lot of parents don't stop nursing until their kids hit 2+. It's not crucial to my game. I won't cry if it doesn't happen, but I'd love to see it.

ZOMG height sliders. For the love of god and all things holy. I'd love my ladies to be a little shorter than their male counterparts. I'd love for people in general to be different heights. That's how the world is. If I can adjust the tiniest most obscure details, why on earth can't I make someone an inch or two taller/shorter?

Pre-teens. Teens suck. I've said it. You've said it. Everyone has said it. Teens are basically adults that go to school. Sure, they have some different interactions, but we go from like 7 to 18 in one age transition. I'd love to see a middle ground. Pre-teens could go to middle school, deal with acne, whatever. A Generations themed EP or GP would be lovely for this, as many others have suggested.

Of course, pets. I love having my german shepard in the game. In fact, I frequently go back and play TS2 because I'm still in love with OFB, and I always have my dogs. And adding a crazy old lady with a housefull of cats to deal with is another fave past time of mine. I'm sure they are working on getting this one out there, but two years without my pets in game has been lame.

Weather. It'd be great if it was optional, like with the ability to toggle it off. I know some people don't want to deal with rain (I don't know why, personally, I think weather is super amazing.) I loved how in TS2 different seasons were ideal for different things. (Like, in Autumn skills were gained faster, etc.)

I'm certain there are a million other things I'm missing. And don't get me wrong, I'm grateful for all we have in this game. I absolutely love TS4, I just feel like we're still missing so much.

Edited:
I'd love for Sims to have the option to homeschool their kiddos. I know there are mods out there that allow your kids to stay home, but I'd love to see a real homeschooling option, where they have course work on the computer or in notebooks, rather than just not going to school at all.

Laundry. I miss this. I loved it in TS3. Such a simple element of gameplay, but it added so much realism. And I don't know how other people build their houses, but I generally find floorplans online, and build those. Most of them have laundry rooms. Sometimes I just eliminate that part of the floorplan, but I have probably a dozen houses that just have huge sinks in a small room, in the hopes that I can replace the contents of the room with a washer and dryer eventually.
Post edited by Arries on

Comments

• TheSimsFreak7TheSimsFreak7 Posts: 2 New Member
    What I would like to see is like you said pets and homeschooling, also I think you should be able to throw a baby shower, have baby ghosts, be able to woohoo with the Grim Reaper, and be able to make and use hotels properly. I know it is a lot, but I think it would make the game a lot more fun! Plus, the add-ons are very pricey. :) Thank you!
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    Arries wrote: »
    I think the toddlers are super, ridiculously amazing. I love everything about them. However, I'd love to see an addition where they can be breastfed. They gave it to our babies in TS4, which I thought was brilliant (as much as I hate the TS4 babies), but a lot of parents don't stop nursing until their kids hit 2+. It's not crucial to my game. I won't cry if it doesn't happen, but I'd love to see it.

Of course, pets. I love having my german shepard in the game. In fact, I frequently go back and play TS2 because I'm still in love with OFB, and I always have my dogs. And adding a crazy old lady with a housefull of cats to deal with is another fave past time of mine. I'm sure they are working on getting this one out there, but two years without my pets in game has been lame.

Pets were found in the code that came with the patch for toddlers.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • BlueBlack007BlueBlack007 Posts: 4,480 Member
    All great Idea's except the breastfeeding one, I am a no on that one, but I had already made My own Items and such for the Sims 4 thread yrs ago, so I will stick with that one, thanks for making this thread so I could read more awesome idea's, much appreciated.
  • dwheartdwheart Posts: 1 New Member
    I would like to see Pets in TS4, along with having cars. If cars are added and parents take them along on the car ride my granddaughter would like car seats added. She's 13 and made comments regarding the car seats in TS3 game which we both like better.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,750 Member
    dwheart wrote: »
    I would like to see Pets in TS4, along with having cars. If cars are added and parents take them along on the car ride my granddaughter would like car seats added. She's 13 and made comments regarding the car seats in TS3 game which we both like better.

we don't even have cars..
    6adMCGP.gif
  • JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    Honestly, I think I would rather them update the teens.

Based on the different age categories, this is how I personally view them (approximately):
    Baby 1month - 2 years
    Toddler 2-5years
    Child 6-12 years
    Teens 13-17 years
    Young Adult 18-29 years (ages start becoming a little more vague for me here)
    Adult 30 -59ish years
    Elder 60-90? 100? Whatever you would like to imagine.

The problem is it seems Teens = Young Adult in the game instead of having that 13-17 year age range that I personally believe it should be. I'm pretty sure they have no major differences besides just going to school. They practically look the exact same.

So what I propose is not that we get a preteen life stage, just that they change teens to be act more like teens.
    I guess I'm suggesting to have the same actions/looks/behaviors as they did in Sims 3 with the Generations EP.

Just wishful thinking haha o:)
  • Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    I would personally enjoy universities, The Sims 2 style universities (I didn't really care for the ones in Sims 3).
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • Internal_ChaosInternal_Chaos Posts: 66 Member
    The one thing I did really like about the Sims 3 university was that adults and elders could also go to it.
    Gallery Username: Internal_Chaos
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    Yes I want pre-teens and height sliders for every age group! <3
    Josabell wrote: »

Based on the different age categories, this is how I personally view them (approximately):
    Baby 1month - 2 years
    Toddler 2-5years
    Child 6-12 years
    Teens 13-17 years
    Adult 30 -59ish years

The problem is it seems Teens = Young Adult in the game instead of having that 13-17 year age range that I personally believe it should be. I'm pretty sure they have no major differences besides just going to school. They practically look the exact same.

So what I propose is not that we get a preteen life stage, just that they change teens to be act more like teens.
    I guess I'm suggesting to have the same actions/looks/behaviors as they did in Sims 3 with the Generations EP.

I'm sorry, I can't have people speak for me about what I want. Don't include me in "we". I'm so tired and people saying "we don't need pre-teens". Stop including everyone as a whole, people. Some of us want do want pre-teens.
  • GonedalfGonedalf Posts: 62 Member
    I definitely agree that the teen stage is the most anti-climactic. Besides going to school, they really are just like young adults. With teens, young adults, and adults, it really feels like you're getting almost the exact same life stage three times. I'd love to have the teens fleshed out a lot more. I also totally agree on height. Even if sliders weren't possible, I'd love if teens could be made a little shorter than the young adults.
  • sapphireblugamersapphireblugamer Posts: 9 New Member
    I'd like to see progressive aging or more grey hair colors for the elders.

I haven't seen any cc creators making shades of grey hair palettes.
  • LegaspiWeaverLegaspiWeaver Posts: 136 Member
    I'd love to see:

the babies not be tied to the cribs I hate that! I'd love for them to actually be able to crawl around at least. Preteens is a good idea too..Cars, Phones, I miss those. That's all I can think of right now.
  • ArriesArries Posts: 58 Member
    I would personally enjoy universities, The Sims 2 style universities (I didn't really care for the ones in Sims 3).

I absolutely agree with you. I think in TS3 I got like 2 or 3 sims through college, and never did anything with it again. In TS2 I made everyone go. It actually benefited them for the rest of their lives to go. I did enjoy that any of the older life stages could go in TS3, but you had to go back to actually finish, and the benefit of completing school was overshadowed by the effort involved, in my opinion. I'd love to see a merge of the two, like, anyone can go, but it actually changes the dynamic of the Sim, and you don't have to keep sending them back to actually graduate.
    I'd like to see progressive aging or more grey hair colors for the elders.

I haven't seen any cc creators making shades of grey hair palettes.

As far as progressive aging, I feel that may be too much for the dev team to do in TS4, but it's something I'd LOVE to see in TS5.
    All great Idea's except the breastfeeding one, I am a no on that one, but I had already made My own Items and such for the Sims 4 thread yrs ago, so I will stick with that one, thanks for making this thread so I could read more awesome idea's, much appreciated.

The only reason breastfeeding comes to mind for me is because I nursed my daughter until she was two. It would just add another layer of realism in my self-sim family. It's definitely not crucial to my game play, and I won't be upset if it never happens, it was just something I'd be happy to see.
  • gracieafur111gracieafur111 Posts: 6 New Member
    Arries wrote: »
    Pre-teens. Teens suck. I've said it. You've said it. Everyone has said it. Teens are basically adults that go to school. Sure, they have some different interactions, but we go from like 7 to 18 in one age transition. I'd love to see a middle ground. Pre-teens could go to middle school, deal with acne, whatever.

Ah, teens need acne and they should have random mood swings. Preach
  • JosabellJosabell Posts: 58 Member
    edited January 2017
    TayTayGee wrote: »

Baby 1month - 2 years
    Toddler 2-5years
    Child 6-12 years
    Teens 13-17 years
    Adult 30 -59ish years

I'm sorry, I can't have people speak for me about what I want. Don't include me in "we". I'm so tired and people saying "we don't need pre-teens". Stop including everyone as a whole, people. Some of us want do want pre-teens.

I started the post with "I think I would rather them update the teens." The only part I used "we" was when I was talking about what I was proposing. I didn't intend to speak for everyone. I just thought, grammatically, it would be weird to say "So what I propose is not that I get a preteen life stage."
    TayTayGee wrote: »

Baby 1month - 2 years
    Toddler 2-5years
    Child 6-12 years
    Teens 13-17 years
    Adult 30 -59ish years

I started the post with "I think I would rather them update the teens." The only part I used "we" was when I was talking about what I was proposing. I didn't intend to speak for everyone. I just thought, grammatically, it would be weird to say "So what I propose is not that I get a preteen life stage."

Oh
    edited January 2017
    I would love some type of height customization! This could be for every sim of all age groups. The height slider or options will need to be adjusted to work with animations. I would love my teens short or my adult women taller than men!

63252_girlboy_md.gif

Diversity in height will make every sim unique.

image.png
    image.png
    7fe21aaca69638d0145cec773f5fb49e.jpg
    image.jpg

Height in toddlers-pre-teens should be more evident