Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

We really do need some kind of Relativity for TS4 - but NOT a mod to do it

plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
edited January 2017 in Gameplay Mods
I am running out of time each day to enjoy my toddlers and I am thinking about cheating - just to keep the party going.

Time passes way to fast for me - I mean seriously, I got a party going with toddlers bopping away and time is ticking away towards meal-time and bed-time.

So much time can pass just to do anything.

In TS2 we could simply freeze time - simply stop it moving and then just do our own thing - Simming the way Simming should be.

Now we have this forced, rush, rush, rush - oh no, meal-time to 4 hours - oh no, walking to the toilet took like an hour.

I mean we really need to take back control of time.

Seriously we just need to calm things down a bit - let time go by slooooower - like a tortoise taking it nice and slow. We need Tortoise Time.

and no fobbing us of with "Oooh, but the timed interactions", "Oooh, but the animations will be out of sync", "Oooh, but the delta-timing" and all those wishy-washy, namby-pamby excuses. That only happens when you code it that way - it's not like it has to be done that way. Unlock the clock. Just calculate to a separate clock. Anyway, TS4 doesn't have NPC Sims working on a clock to leave home and come home - it's not like it is like totally important. My day is based on GMT - I'm working on that clock - but the world doesn't operate to GMT - I mean c'mon - shake a leg. Tortoise Time is Toddler Time.
Post edited by plopppo2 on

Comments

• CinderellimouseCinderellimouse Posts: 19,380 Member
    I use one, I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be this: http://modthesims.info/d/533026

I find time moves too quickly as well and I used to slow down to about half-speed in TS3. I like taking my time to have Sims eat a family meal and chat, or take them out after work/school. So I'd love an official option or cheat to modify time speed in the game.
  • SlayeurTownSlayeurTown Posts: 211 Member
    MC Command Center might help you slow time a lot. That's what I use because the passing of time was driving me crazy.
  • HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »
    and no fobbing us of with "Oooh, but the timed interactions", "Oooh, but the animations will be out of sync", "Oooh, but the delta-timing" and all those wishy-washy, namby-pamby excuses. That only happens when you code it that way - it's not like it has to be done that way. Unlock the clock.

"Excellent. I won't have this namby-pamby, wishy-washy nonsense about not hitting people who deserve it." - Aunt Marge, Prisoner of Azkaban

Haha sorry, I just had to. First thing I thought of when I saw that.

Anyways....I too run out of time, especially when there are 2 toddlers, 2 children and a couple adults in the house. I doubt they'll change anything to do with the time, though. You may just have to rely on mods to make the toddler lifespan longer.

aSE16f8.gif
  • thesimsserbiathesimsserbia Posts: 510 Member
    I use one, I'm not 100% sure but I think it might be this: http://modthesims.info/d/533026

I find time moves too quickly as well and I used to slow down to about half-speed in TS3. I like taking my time to have Sims eat a family meal and chat, or take them out after work/school. So I'd love an official option or cheat to modify time speed in the game.

that mod is soo cool,but is not updated...cc creator of that mod use pirate version of game so he r she cant update on time... but i found in mc comander time change,mc comander using just for that..always is updated and i cant play without time change. Defoult time is 25 i set on 75 and actions r litle slow but you have time for evrithing...its soo much beter this way.I cant play now without time change mod. Tray that @plopppo2
  • CharKittyBooCharKittyBoo Posts: 569 Member
    plopppo2 wrote: »

Now we have this forced, rush, rush, rush - oh no, meal-time to 4 hours - oh no, walking to the toilet took like an hour.

So relatable, Sims first world problems lol :D
    Family player we got toddlers...my life is complete 1/12/17 best. day. ever.
    7ZDKKOkt.png
    My Plum Family Tree
  • plopppo2plopppo2 Posts: 3,420 Member
    We just fought and won a 2 year war on toddlers - many Simmers fell in that war - the casulties were immense, but we simply have to find the courage to fight another war.

That clock is ours and we should fight for it. The clock should be free. Are we just going to give up and allow them to push us around?

I have been carrying out some covert Sims 3 operations. I have made contact with some people on the TS3 forum - some of them are still playing TS3 because they have the Relativity mod - they hug it like a comfort-blanket - they won't play TS4. There is an army of TS3 players who would join this fight.
  • SageRainWillowSageRainWillow Posts: 2,221 Member
    I'd join that fight. I even know the secret code... uhh... swordfish! There are days I feel like all I do is take care of needs. They don't have time to do anything extracurricular. They work their jobs, they do their homework.... they're just cogs in the wheel of industry which crushes them into a dull, lifeless existence of have-tos and conformity. All they ever do is pray for the weekend.

Wow, their life sounds so much like my own.
    42959178421_482f6f6a5c_o.png

• happyopihappyopi Posts: 1,355 Member
    I use the MC Command Center to double the duration of sim days, it lengthens animations (washing hands feel a bit long) but it's working great ! My sims no longer waste their entire day at the restaurant, and can get ready for work/school in less than one hour like sane people.
    I might try this MC Command Center thingy-bob.

but the notion of having to sickens me to the very existence of my core.

SCIENCE BIT:

If you have a washing machine in real-life - it operates its cycles to its own clock - 1hr 50m for this, 2hr 10m for that, etc etc. It has its own clock.

HOWEVER;
    You, as a person, operate your life to the clock on your wall (example) - the washing machine does not care about the clock on the wall - it happily operates oblivious to any other timing.

If you put your washing machine on in the UK during a period (twice a year) when the clocks either go forward or back 1 hour - THE CHUFFING WASHING MACHINE DOESN'T THROW A HISSY FIT AND INSIST ON ADDING OR TAKING OFF AN HOUR OF THE WASHING CYCLE.

I don't give a monkey's pork chop sandwich about the current clock on our TS4 UIs.

All I want is a chuffing clock on the screen that we can operate to.

Sims%204%20Screenshot%20Font%20UI%20font%20size_zpsyutlovef.png
    ^That clock says 5:45pm

I want them to keep that sucker internal and give us a new clock - a separate timer - that allow us to slow time down. Sims can still operate their animations on their stinking internal clock; however, the passage of time is on our new clock on the UI.

When OUR clock (not their namby-pamby one) hits midnight, then a new day begins - whether it takes 5 minutes in real-life time or 10 chuffing hours.

If OUR clock hits 9am and a chuffing Sim needs to go to work at 9am, then the Sim will go to work as normal.

They can time all of their oity-toity animations to their own clock.

There is such a thing as World Time - just because we set our alarms to a certain time, doesn't mean the rest of the world jumps out of bed.

I want power of time in TS4. I want to be able to pause time - without any affect on animations, etc.

It's time we had this.
    Why is this in the Mods section?

I don't want a stinking mod to do this.