Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many others have been experiencing these bugs?

Comments

• Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2017
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    crinrict wrote: »
    With the back photos/painting (not referring to mac): Usually affected pictures won't go back to normal. I've had turn pictures/photos turn black a number of times while patching but generally it's fine.

So, it would be good if you could test if it's still happening for you on new pictures. Old ones can't be fixed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?

Basically: It shouldn't happen anymore.

Pictures that are black, stay black (unless you're on a mac). There's nothing you can do about that and no patch will fix that

So, could you test if newly painted pictures still become black for you.
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »
    With the back photos/painting (not referring to mac): Usually affected pictures won't go back to normal. I've had turn pictures/photos turn black a number of times while patching but generally it's fine.

So, it would be good if you could test if it's still happening for you on new pictures. Old ones can't be fixed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?

Basically: It shouldn't happen anymore.

Pictures that are black, stay black (unless you're on a mac). There's nothing you can do about that and no patch will fix that

So, could you test if newly painted pictures still become black for you.

Sure. Will do
  • Options
    DeKayDeKay Posts: 81,598 Member
    Do you guys there's gonna be mini patch to fix some of these bugs before the pack comes out next week? They usually have a pre-pack patch. I hope they do tho. Would be a shame to play the new pack with these bugs especially the food in inventory one and the non-syncing lips. :\
    My Top Song of the Day: Innocence by Avril Lavigne
    832XG3D.gif
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    DeKay wrote: »
    Do you guys there's gonna be mini patch to fix some of these bugs before the pack comes out next week? They usually have a pre-pack patch. I hope they do tho. Would be a shame to play the new pack with these bugs especially the food in inventory one and the non-syncing lips. :\

Hello
    SimGuruMeg posted that there wouldn't be another patch before the launch of the game pack
  • Options
    BUTTONSGINGERBUTTONSGINGER Posts: 5,702 Member
    5. Child Sims cannot use stairs after growing up from being a toddler.

I just had this happen. I have aged up five toddlers to children and of the last two that aged up, one could not use the stairs.

No third party cc.

Repairing the game fixed this issue for me.
  • Options
    5. Child Sims cannot use stairs after growing up from being a toddler.

I just had this happen. I have aged up five toddlers to children and of the last two that aged up, one could not use the stairs.

No third party cc.

Repairing the game fixed this issue for me.

Hello
    It is good that repairing the game helped the issue in your game.
    Another workaround if it occurs again in your game, is to have your sim travel to another lot and back, and that can help to fix the issue.
  • Options
    Thank you @rosemow ! I'll try that if it happens again. :)

My children have not moved from a "C" student since starting school. They are always focused, home work done, and skill levels increasing. The progression bar is moving on some and not others. I do get "Breeze through home work" option, which I thought was for A students. I've always had my children at A status. I looked and didn't see any mention in the bug thread but may have missed it.

Thanks for any help!
  • Options

My children have not moved from a "C" student since starting school. They are always focused, home work done, and skill levels increasing. The progression bar is moving on some and not others. I do get "Breeze through home work" option, which I thought was for A students. I've always had my children at A status. I looked and didn't see any mention in the bug thread but may have missed it.

Thanks for any help!

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

• Options
    geekgirl101geekgirl101 Posts: 401 Member
    I'm having a lot of issues lately too. These are the ones I got so far:

1. Sims put food straight into their inventory or in the fridge after cooking.
    2. Sims no longer autonomously sit down after taking food out of a fridge or being told to watch TV.
    3. Sleep bar often reverses.
    4. Super speed isn't super speed.
    5. Hired caterers and entertainers never show up at parties.
    6. "Throw 3 parties" rarely counts up any parties after they've finished.
    7. Some sims get stuck on an interaction and never cancel it until they've traveled, resetsim does nothing to fix this.
    8. Some sims get stuck in a T position (arms out wide) on entering a new location, resetsim does nothing to fix this.

I noticed these issues started when using the apartments.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »

Thanks for any help!

Hello
    Try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder

@rosemow I reset my sims 4 folder. Sent the kiddos (who aged from toddler) off to school and the two (the eldest) with the "breeze through homework" option are still at a C level with their bars full. They will be aging up in a couple sims days. Maybe high school will trigger it to work.

I know in another save the children(from infants) and teens grades were working regularly.
  • Options
    I'm having a lot of issues lately too. These are the ones I got so far:

1. Sims put food straight into their inventory or in the fridge after cooking.
    2. Sims no longer autonomously sit down after taking food out of a fridge or being told to watch TV.
    3. Sleep bar often reverses.
    4. Super speed isn't super speed.
    5. Hired caterers and entertainers never show up at parties.
    6. "Throw 3 parties" rarely counts up any parties after they've finished.
    7. Some sims get stuck on an interaction and never cancel it until they've traveled, resetsim does nothing to fix this.
    8. Some sims get stuck in a T position (arms out wide) on entering a new location, resetsim does nothing to fix this.

I noticed these issues started when using the apartments.

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having these issues.

You may like to post feedback or press " me too " on these threads on the AHQ EA site that refer to some of the issues

http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/COLLECTION-THREAD-Issues-with-Food/m-p/5821172#M32460
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Sims-don-t-sit-down-when-playing-games-watching-TV-reading/m-p/5819918#M32278
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-Hired-sims-don-t-appear-at-parties/m-p/4781834#M16428
    The party animal aspiration issue has returned
    http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-Party-Animal-Aspiration-doesn-t-register-that-a-party-has/td-p/3574621
  • Options

Thanks for any help!

Hello

@rosemow I reset my sims 4 folder. Sent the kiddos (who aged from toddler) off to school and the two (the eldest) with the "breeze through homework" option are still at a C level with their bars full. They will be aging up in a couple sims days. Maybe high school will trigger it to work.

I know in another save the children(from infants) and teens grades were working regularly.

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( I hope that going to high school will help to fix the issue.
  • Options
    AshtontoAshton22AshtontoAshton22 Posts: 1,797 Member
    I've experienced number 6.
  • Options
    ohmyohmyohmyohmy Posts: 614 Member
    I have 1& 6 also 2.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member

@crinrict (almost forgot about this)
    Indeed you are correct, the problem has benn resolved. When did they fix it?
  • Options
    SuperCoolRachaelSuperCoolRachael Posts: 392 Member
    Yes, I've been experiencing 1, 2, and 4 regularly. 1 and 2 don't really bother me (a Sim will still eat the food in their inventory eventually). 4 was driving me crazy--I'm fine if a couple of guys have a sweet voice, but not all of them! Thank God for cas.fulleditmode.
  • Options
    HowGreatThouArtHowGreatThouArt Posts: 1,662 Member
    I've had all of the issues. :joy: I found a few workarounds for some, as were mentioned before.
    aSE16f8.gif
  • Options

Thanks for any help!

Hello

I am sorry that you are having this issue :( I hope that going to high school will help to fix the issue.

@rosemow Hooray! Two have moved on to high school and have been given a "B"....thank goodness, I am wanting to complete the Successful Lineage Aspiration ;)
  • Options

Thanks for any help!

Hello

@rosemow Hooray! Two have moved on to high school and have been given a "B"....thank goodness, I am wanting to complete the Successful Lineage Aspiration ;)

That is great! :) I am glad that it is working now!
  • Options
    JustKeepSimmingJustKeepSimming Posts: 3,447 Member
    I'm having most of these glitches too in spite of my mods being up to date.

I'm also having a thumbnail glitch (they don't appear in live mode). That's only just started happening today. Is it common?
  • Options
    I'm having most of these glitches too in spite of my mods being up to date.

I'm also having a thumbnail glitch (they don't appear in live mode). That's only just started happening today. Is it common?

Hello
    I am sorry that you are having issues with the thumbnail.
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issue.

If the issue remains, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.

If you still have the issue, try resetting your sims 4 folder and see if that helps. To do that, move your sims 4 folder ( that is in Documents -Electronic Arts - then the sims 4 folder is there ) to the desktop. Then start the game, and a new sims 4 folder will be generated. Exit the game and then copy back the "options.ini" or " options " file and the "saves" , "screenshots" "tray" "custom music " and "mods" folders from the desktop sims 4 folder to the new sims 4 folder, replacing the new generated file/ folders with the old file/folders from the desktop sims 4 folder
  • Options
    UerdariUerdari Posts: 3 New Member
    i have sims not listening to commands at all can't play cuz i got one standing there trying to starve to death
  • Options
    Uerdari wrote: »
    i have sims not listening to commands at all can't play cuz i got one standing there trying to starve to death

Hello
    Try resetting the sim and see if that helps.
    Try having him travel to another lot and back and see if that helps.
  • Options
    UerdariUerdari Posts: 3 New Member
    i've had them come home from work/school and stop working