Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

How many others have been experiencing these bugs?

LustianiciaLustianicia Posts: 2,489 Member
There have been quite a few bugs that I've noticed since the recent patch (I don't use any mods):

1. Sims no longer sit down while playing video games, watching TV, or eating a meal (unless you tell them to).
2. Sims will sometimes place a serving of food into their inventory instead of eating it.
3. Sims will sometimes just stand still when you tell them to do something.
4. Male Sims will automatically have a feminine voice when they grow up into a teenager.
5. Child Sims cannot use stairs after growing up from being a toddler.
6. Mouths of Sims aren't synchronized with their voices (sometimes their mouths don't even move while talking).
7. Sometimes the ultra speed while no Sims are awake or even on the current lot won't work the way it's supposed to (it's too slow).

I love the fact that we now have toddlers in the game (they're so adorable and fun to play with), but some of these bugs are very annoying to deal with. I hope the developers fix them very soon.

Edit: #5 seems to be fixed by simply going to "manage worlds" and then back into the household.
Favorite Packs
Sims 1: Hot Date
Sims 2: Seasons
Sims 2: Happy Holiday Stuff
Sims 3: Seasons
Sims 3: 70's, 80's, & 90's Stuff
Sims 4: Seasons
Sims 4: Paranormal Stuff
Sims 4: Strangerville Game Pack

78MB6Gb.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Erica87Erica87 Posts: 743 Member
    I'm also experiencing the first and second bug, the other ones I haven't noticed yet, except for the mouth moving thing which is an issue but only in CAS... Outside of CAS it's fine.
    CURRENTLY PLAYING: Forum mafias & Minecraft, mainly.
    Taking a break from the sims for a while!
  • Options
    luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    edited January 2017
    All are common (though not all universal) bugs, and I think all have topics on EA Bugs you can "me too". Adding a note about how it happens in your game and why it matters to you can help move it up the bugs queue. http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/bd-p/The-Sims-4-Bugs
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • Options
    crinrictcrinrict Posts: 18,771 Member
    edited January 2017
    5. Try traveling. That should solve the issue
    7. Is your Sim living in a house or apartment ?
    Crinrict's Help Blogs -- Twitter
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    How to report bugs at AnswersHQ
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    Erica87 wrote: »
    I'm also experiencing the first and second bug, the other ones I haven't noticed yet, except for the mouth moving thing which is an issue but only in CAS... Outside of CAS it's fine.

The standing still part seems to only happen to me every once in awhile. It only happened like two times for me, so maybe it's not necessarily a glitch. And the child not being able to use stairs was fixed easily by going to "manage worlds" and back into the household (at least for me). But the other issues still remain. The ultra speed glitch only happens sometimes though.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    crinrict wrote: »

For #5, I just ended up going to "manage world" and back into my household. It fixed the problem. As for #7, I'm currently living in a penthouse. The speed glitch only seems to happen every once in awhile though. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't.
    Favorite Packs

78MB6Gb.jpg
  • Options
    matthew1112matthew1112 Posts: 77 Member
    Most of these bugs only happen to me when i my sims live in a apartment.
  • Options
    LatinaBunnyLatinaBunny Posts: 4,666 Member
    I have sims in a regular house (and I don't have City Living pack at all), and I am experiencing 1, 2, 6, and now this bug where sims are late to work/school because they are taking long routes to and from work/school instead of quickly teleporting.

I had to use a few cheats because it's very hard to manage a seven sim household with these types of bugs.
    ~*~Occult Family Player player~*~
    (She/her)
  • Options
    xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    My sim is in an apartment. I have issues 1,3,& 7.
  • Options

For #5, I just ended up going to "manage world" and back into my household. It fixed the problem. As for #7, I'm currently living in a penthouse. The speed glitch only seems to happen every once in awhile though. Sometimes it works, but sometimes it doesn't.

Yeah, super speed doesn't work well in apartment buildings/penthouses

Here's the thread to that: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4-Bug-Reports/OPEN-CL-No-ultra-speed-while-living-in-Apartments/m-p/5686728#M29867

Also have the rest of your issues on the compiled list at AHQ
    Please do not send me PMs/post on my wall if you're looking for help. I can't attend to those. You can find me at AnswerHQ.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    LissmelsLissmels Posts: 79 Member
    edited January 2017
    I'm expiriencing all except 5 and maybe 6 (I may not have noticed). About 7; ultra speed with me did not work when my toddler was home alone with a nanny and sleeping. I didn't react to this problem otherwise, but I may have always had at least one sim awake and playable. I just know that it works fine now when I dont have any toddlers

I don't have city living
  • Options
    If the nanny was awake, it doesn't kick in. That's by design
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    PlumbobCrossingPlumbobCrossing Posts: 8,455 Member
    I'm having all of These in my game as well :(
  • Options
    barbiminajbarbiminaj Posts: 10 New Member
    Also experiencing 1-3 and the last one yesterday. I was in ultra speed while they were sleeping and tried to slow down my game or pause it and it wouldn't let me, plus my time was stuck on 8:50 for a good 3 minutes.
  • Options
    Arox312Arox312 Posts: 93 Member
    There have been quite a few bugs that I've noticed since the recent patch (I don't use any mods):

1. Sims no longer sit down while playing video games, watching TV, or eating a meal (unless you tell them to).
    2. Sims will sometimes place a serving of food into their inventory instead of eating it.
    4. Male Sims will automatically have a feminine voice when they grow up into a teenager.
    6. Mouths of Sims aren't synchronized with their voices (sometimes their mouths don't even move while talking).
    7. Sometimes the ultra speed while no Sims are awake or even on the current lot won't work the way it's supposed to (it's too slow).

I love the fact that we now have toddlers in the game (they're so adorable and fun to play with), but some of these bugs are very annoying to deal with. I hope the developers fix them very soon.

Edit: #5 seems to be fixed by simply going to "manage worlds" and then back into the household.

I am having issues with some of them, or that I have at least noticed on... 1, 2, 4
  • Options
    CinebarCinebar Posts: 33,618 Member
    edited January 2017
    1. 2, and 3. But one is for meals only, one of my Sims won't sit but stand in front of fridge. A smarter Sim I moved in goes on to the dinning room. So, maybe it's random. And it's a premade Maxis kitchen. Those seem to be the worst for this type stuff than my own from my experience.
    2. The same Sim I just mentioned does that but she is too concerned about the toddlers in her household. Don't know if others without toddlers will do that.
    3. Yes, saw her do this several times. Reset her several times, the male I moved in to help her doesn't have this problem. So, I assume she is bugged somehow (due to caring for toddlers).

7. I don't have that problem, my problem is it goes back to normal speed for some odd reason when no one on the lot is actually awake, yet.

I have not yet seen the other bugs you mentioned.
    "Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.
  • Options
    AlyAly Posts: 2 New Member
    I received a glitch after the toddler update in CAS where instead of the Sims cursor I get a gray square I dont know what to do..?
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Aly wrote: »
    I received a glitch after the toddler update in CAS where instead of the Sims cursor I get a gray square I dont know what to do..?

Hello @Aly
    Move your mods folder to the desktop. Then start the game and test to see if that helps the issues. If it does help, then put your mods/CC back into the newly generated mods folder in the sims 4 folder one by one or in batches and testing the game after each one to see which is the cause of the problem.

If the issues still remain, repairing the game may help. To do that, right click on the sims 4 picture in Origin and click repair.
  • Options
    TD303030PTD303030P Posts: 16 Member
    I've had problems with #1 & #7, since the Toddlers update, while living in the city. I fixed #7, with the use of one of my mods, I had everyone leave the the lot, including the gathering area. After having everyone leave, ultra speed kicked in, which leads me to believe there was someone stuck. I'm sure it will happen again, but at least i found a workaround.
  • Options
    Uzone27Uzone27 Posts: 2,808 Member
    edited January 2017

#1 Check (but only with regard to the televison...they won't sit on the sofa autonomously to watch TV)
    #2 Check ( I thought they only did this because the weren't hungry at the time)
    # 3 Check but this happens in all Sims games when there are conflicting commands it actually happens a lot less in this version.
    #4 nope...never had that happen
    #5 Nope
    #6 Not sure...for some reason I can't zoom in as tight on mys Sims as I could in previous versions.
    #7 Yes if it gets stopped just once in the middle of the night you lose that hyper Ultra speed...and it's feels like 3x whem you click the ultra button again.

I can toss in a few...
    My reference paintings all turn black...these are the only ones that do this.

There is a glitch where if you have a baby on the same floor as a toddler you may not be able to give the Toddler a bath

and going back to #3 the game goes into "super conflict" mode at 8AM on school days as it tries to sort out how to get 7 kids on the bus at once...everything lags to an unplayable crawl for a couple of minutes....but admittedly this could just be my potato of laptop...
    (just thought I'd throw it out there in case it isn't)
  • Options
    rosemowrosemow Posts: 163,596 Member
    Uzone27 wrote: »

#1 Check (but only with regard to the televison...they won't sit on the sofa autonomously to watch TV)
    # 3 Check but this happens in all Sims games when there are conflicting commands it actually happens a lot less in this version.
    #5 Nope
    #6 Not sure...for some reason I can't zoom in as tight on mys Sims as I could in previous versions.
    #7 Yes if it gets stopped just once in the middle of the night you lose that hyper Ultra speed...and it's feels like 3x whem you click the ultra button again.

I can toss in a few...

There is a glitch where if you have a baby on the same floor as a toddler you may not be able to give the Toddler a bath

and going back to #3 the game goes into "super conflict" mode at 8AM on school days as it tries to sort out how to get 7 kids on the bus at once...everything lags to an unplayable crawl for a couple of minutes....but admittedly this could just be my potato of laptop...

Hello
    Are you playing on a Mac? If you are, try turning off Retina display in options and see if that helps with the reference paintings.
  • Options
    rosemow wrote: »
    Uzone27 wrote: »

#5 Nope

I can toss in a few...

Hello
    Are you playing on a Mac? If you are, try turning off Retina display in options and see if that helps with the reference paintings.

Nope...it's an old PC laptop. It's fine though it's not a game breaker for me, just all of a sudden one day it stopped working and I never figured out how to fix it..so I don't do reference painings anymore...although come to think of it...I repaired my game the other day when trying to fix the bathing Toddler bug...maybe that fixed it? I'll have to test it out again.
  • Options
    With the back photos/painting (not referring to mac): Usually affected pictures won't go back to normal. I've had turn pictures/photos turn black a number of times while patching but generally it's fine.

So, it would be good if you could test if it's still happening for you on new pictures. Old ones can't be fixed.
    AHQ Tutorial

• Options
    With the back photos/painting (not referring to mac): Usually affected pictures won't go back to normal. I've had turn pictures/photos turn black a number of times while patching but generally it's fine.

So, it would be good if you could test if it's still happening for you on new pictures. Old ones can't be fixed.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying?
  • Options
    earthgirlearthgirl Posts: 1,026 Member
    1 - check.
    2 - check.
    3 - check. though it's a much much older issue with sims just freezing over, until I cancel all the actions for all sims in the household or go to travel mode and then the game goes back to normal.
    4 - oh yes, this one. check!
    5 - I have no idea about this one as I didn't have stairs in the house when my toddlers grew up.
    6 - I didn't really pay attention to this particular thing, so idk.
    7 - no such speed problems with my game whatsoever, although sometimes the timer shows (ex.) 6 AM and the sun is starting to shine, but when I hit normal speed it jumps back to 4 AM and it gets dark and this is a much older issue.
    NK4koaX.png