Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Toddler "Sad" Bug!

My toddlers are always sad. I try and fix it and they keep going back to being sad after they play with toys. Anyone have this problem?
gcfhaNi.png

Comments

• luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member
    Fireproxxy wrote: »
    My toddlers are always sad. I try and fix it and they keep going back to being sad after they play with toys. Anyone have this problem?

What reason are you seeing when you hover over the moodlet? My toddler is often sad when one of his parents is away, and once a distraction from that is done, the sadness takes over his mood again. It doesn't feel like a bug.
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.
  • xenoviewxenoview Posts: 336 Member
    My toddler is sad sometimes, she has the angelic trait.
  • FireproxxyFireproxxy Posts: 109 Member

What reason are you seeing when you hover over the moodlet? My toddler is often sad when one of his parents is away, and once a distraction from that is done, the sadness takes over his mood again. It doesn't feel like a bug.

It's always because they play... and it's only after a few minutes of playing.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • luthienrisingluthienrising Posts: 37,628 Member

So when you hover over "Sad" you see that the cause is playing?
    EA CREATOR NETWORK MEMBER — Want to be notified of patches, new Broken Mods threads, and urgent Sims 4 news? Follow me at https://www.patreon.com/luthienrising.

So when you hover over "Sad" you see that the cause is playing?

yep :(
    gcfhaNi.png
  • ScripticJusticeScripticJustice Posts: 405 Member
    Does your toddler happen to have the clingy trait?
    tumblr_m4jumxorJY1qktlzuo1_500.gif

no :/ does that happen with that trait?
    gcfhaNi.png

Yes, my experience with the clingy trait is that once my toddler does something for awhile, she gets tired of it and a sad moodlet pops up. I've had it for dancing and building blocks so far. What trait does your toddler have maybe it does it for that trait as well?
  • SnowWolf58SnowWolf58 Posts: 382 Member
    edited January 2017
    The only 2 toddlers that I've played so far will start crying in the highchair after they eat. I always have a family member sit at the table w/the toddler as they are eating so they don't feel alone. The family member will talk to them and tell them stories... and I have the toddler talk to the family member too.

I have chosen "Angelic" and "Charmer" for these two toddlers and have no idea why they start crying in the highchair. I also don't make them sit in the highchair for very long after they have finished eating/drinking. So weird...
    Ryzen 1700X • 16GB • RX 580

INFJ -A/-T
    SnowWolf58 wrote: »
    The only 2 toddlers that I've played so far will start crying in the highchair after they eat. I always have a family member sit at the table w/the toddler as they are eating so they don't feel alone. The family member will talk to them and tell them stories... and I have the toddler talk to the family member too.

I have chosen "Angelic" and "Charmer" for these two toddlers and have no idea why they start crying in the highchair. I also don't make them sit in the highchair for very long after they have finished eating/drinking. So weird...

In my experience, toddlers usually cry after theyre done eating or drinking in the highchair because they're 'Stuck Inside'
    ="ScripticJustice;15470557"]

Yes, my experience with the clingy trait is that once my toddler does something for awhile, she gets tired of it and a sad moodlet pops up. I've had it for dancing and building blocks so far. What trait does your toddler have maybe it does it for that trait as well?
    [/quote]

My toddler is a charmer... don't see how that would affect this at all. It doesn't happen with my other toddler who is Silly. Maybe because she doesn't get sick of playing..? ugh I don't know.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • Writin_RegWritin_Reg Posts: 28,907 Member
    Do any of you with sad toddlers have the mod that makes sims less happy - or one that affects their moods so they are not overly smiley or something? That might be causing this problem. I have a charmer too and no sad faces except if the mom goes somewhere and leaves her with a Nanny. I have no mods or CC so I can't say for sure if they are issues like that or not.

"Games Are Not The Place To Tell Stories, Games Are Meant To Let People Tell Their Own Stories"...Will Wright.

In dreams - I LIVE!
    In REALITY, I simply exist.....

Writin_Reg wrote: »
    Do any of you with sad toddlers have the mod that makes sims less happy - or one that affects their moods so they are not overly smiley or something? That might be causing this problem. I have a charmer too and no sad faces except if the mom goes somewhere and leaves her with a Nanny. I have no mods or CC so I can't say for sure if they are issues like that or not.

no, i don't have any cc... It's definitely not something that I have or I'm doing, it's a bug....
    gcfhaNi.png
  • MsPhyMsPhy Posts: 5,055 Member
    My toddler gets sad when he's not getting enough attention (Moodlet says something like, "Where did everybody go? Am I alone?"). He also got sad when a neighbor dropped dead at the front door, even though he did not know the neighbor. He goes out and cries at the grave sometimes.
    MsPhy wrote: »
    My toddler gets sad when he's not getting enough attention (Moodlet says something like, "Where did everybody go? Am I alone?"). He also got sad when a neighbor dropped dead at the front door, even though he did not know the neighbor. He goes out and cries at the grave sometimes.

Yeah I've had that before with my toddlers but whenever the play with a toy or do anything else really it just gives them a sad moodlet out of nowhere.
    gcfhaNi.png
  • CandydCandyd Posts: 1,261 Member
    Writin_Reg wrote: »

I have the mod in question but my toddler doesn't get sad all the time. There are only 3 or 4 times where he went sad from a "nightmare" despite the fact that it was the middle of the day and he was awake for a while. This does look like a bug. Otherwise, nothing abnormal.