Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting Over - Escape To Nowhere Story - *Complete*

Comments

• AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
    Chapter 30 - Stranded - Kaitlin gets stranded and has to spend the night with Leroy

Leroy and Kaitlin - finally....
    VKZ7Sn4.jpg
  • CathyTeaCathyTea Posts: 23,089 Member
    I love your story so much . I'm on chapter 22, so I'm slowly catching up . It's a favorite part of my day when I get to read a chapter of yours! Reese and Kaitlin are so good with such kind hearts! I'm really intrigued by Leroy, too!
    Cathy Tea's SimLit Anthology

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea - Thank you so much. I hope it isn't too sappy. Leroy is good. I hope you like how their story plays out.
    edited March 2017
    Chapter 31- Stolen Moments in Time - Kaitlin and Leroy realize that their night together was just that, one night.

Reid shows Kaitlin the message he sent to Leroy on her phonel
    vHsztFv.jpg
    AudreyFld wrote: »
    @CathyTea - Thank you so much. I hope it isn't too sappy. Leroy is good. I hope you like how their story plays out.

It doesn't seem sappy to me at all! They face significant challenges, and nothing comes easy, so it's got realistic feel to it! :)

Do you also play The Elder Scrolls Online? You can find me there as CathyTea, too!
    @CathyTea - Kaitlin is lucky that Reese is such a good kid. He could have been rebellious. But he is partly the reason she ran.
    edited March 2017
    I really became a huge fan of Reese when he refused to let Jade end the pregnancy. I liked him a lot because of how he is with his little brother, and then I loved him when he spoke up for his kid.

Family is important to him. He feels abandoned by his father and he didn't want that for his kid.
  • chocischocis Posts: 186 Member
    edited March 2017
    Hi! So, I've read through your story story yesterday ( perks of insomnia hehehe). Kaitlin is so beautiful and resourceful. I admire the way she fights for her family. Reese stole my hearth being protective and supportive of his mother and siblings.
    Of course my heart breaks when he starts treating Ben badly, but nobody's perfect and growing up too fast, paired with stressful living conditions and frustration, takes its toll for sure. That's also why I feel so bad for the younger boy :( They are all very brave.
    I have to say, you created a great love triangle and I usually hate these things. At the beginning, I could really understand Katie's confusion, because I kind of rooted for the both men. That only changed when *one of them-in case some one accidentally clicked on the spoiler* showed his true colours. Now, looking back, I can see the signs were there much earlier ( I should have called it a least during her birthday), but she seemed to be falling and love and it looked like he was good for Ben, so I ignored my suspicions. I'm worried how it will all work out now :(
    As to Katin herself, wow she has some issues, but I can see she's doing the best she can to deal with it all. I'm glad she's starting to realise the errors of her ways in building relationships with men and to stand up for herself. I wish she appreciated herself more, despite all she's done, she still has very low self-esteem. Easier said that done, I know...
    I really like the way you incorporate the daily tasks into the story. guess you don't have that much time to plan it, and it's always so creative.
    Touching and serious as this story is, it made me laugh out loud a few times :D What I can remember no is Monopoly: Hell Edition, Did someone order some babies? and the We're Coming!. Though this one will turn very unfunny very soon I presume. Oh and Mommy's Little Helpers - that tittle was cute, but also a little ironic.

So, as you can see, I'm a big fan of your story :) Sorry for the long post, Blogspot didn't want to post my comments so it cumulated.
    @chocis - after reading this I am so overcome. :blush: You give excellent and thorough feedback. Both Kaitlin and myself are growing through this process for sure. And the daily roll...omg...they are both a blessing and a curse! I love this challenge. It really does start out sad, but I hope at the end it comes out positive. I generally have an idea how I want the story to go and I get a whammy role and have to figure out how to incorporate it into the not only the story, but the chapter! It certainly challenges me which is good.

I can't thank you enough for not only reading, but also providing valuable feedback. :)

Not sure why blogspot wouldn't take your comment. I set it to allow all posters. :|
    Chapter 32 - Where's Leroy? - Leroy is still gone and Reid takes full advantage.

Kaitlin gets Leroy's messageN7MvdfA.jpg

Chapter 33 - New Apartment - Leroy comes back and he has a surprise for Kaitlin

Leroy gets reacquainted with his daughter

7k3sZLN.jpg
    Plum you, Reid. You sweet, sweet, psychopath.
    The new place looks great! I like it a lot. If only it wasn't for the blackmail, this chapter would be so dreamy.

I'm glad you enjoyed my feedback :) I love talking about stories I'm into, so it was my pleasure, lol.
    chocis wrote: »
    Plum you, Reid. You sweet, sweet, psychopath.
    The new place looks great! I like it a lot. If only it wasn't for the blackmail, this chapter would be so dreamy.

I'm glad you enjoyed my feedback :) I love talking about stories I'm into, so it was my pleasure, lol.

I am glad you are enjoying it. Kaitlin still doesn't know what Leroy did while he was away, but we will find out next chapter! :)
    @AudreyFld I hope I catch up quickly! It sounds like interesting things are happening! :)

A bit intense.... :)
    Chapter 34 - Meet Brooke. Kaitlin finally meets Reese's girlfriend

Reese and Brooke
    2xBsu8d.jpg
  • cecerose0208cecerose0208 Posts: 1,521 Member
    I'm all caught up! I love this challenge, and I'm so attracted to your characters.
    I'm all caught up! I love this challenge, and I'm so attracted to your characters.

cecerose! I'm so glad you're reading this! Isn't it an awesome story?

Thank you! I am so glad you are attracted to them even though Kaitlin's family, including her, is a big 'ol hot mess! Lol.
    CathyTea wrote: »

Thank you too @CathyTea!

So awesome!

@AudreyFld hot messes are the best! I wonder where they'll end up at the end of 60 days though, so many different moving pieces to resolve, or not resolve!

So awesome!

@AudreyFld hot messes are the best! I wonder where they'll end up at the end of 60 days though, so many different moving pieces to resolve, or not resolve!

I'm trying hard to resolve them. I just pray for no more pregnancy rolls! It's so hard to make it believable! But I have ideas just in case! Lol.
    Are you using the online random.org to get your rolls?
    @cecerose0208 - Yes - that's exactly what I am doing.
    @AudreyFld do you always stick with the results? It's not even about being believable or not, you're great at incorporating strange events, but I worry about poor Kaitlin's sanity if more babies arrive.