Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Starting Over - Escape To Nowhere Story - *Complete*

AudreyFldAudreyFld Posts: 6,695 Member
This is my story based on the Escape to Nowhere Challenge by Misty found here at MTS.

Challenge Overview:
The gist of the challenge is your sim and their three children flee from a bad situation and start out with very little money and nowhere to live - hence "Escape to Nowhere". This is a fun take on many other 'rags to riches' challenges but isn't a legacy that goes many generations. In fact you are supposed to accomplish your goal in 60 sim days!
As in all other types of these challenges, you start with little money and are restricted as to where you can live and how you can earn money during the different phases of the challenge. The twist here is you are also faced with a series of daily random events to deal with - some good and some very stressful. This is the part that intrigued me to do the challenge and the fact that it is a fairly short one. The ultimate goal is for your sim to eventually save up enough money to buy their own home for their runaway family in 60 days or less.

My modifications:
  • I took a liberty with the events and made it a 30% chance of getting one event each day instead of absolutely having an event each day as the challenge is written since I have never done this before. UPDATE: After 10 chapters I wasn't challenging enough so I changed back to daily events as the challenge is written.
  • I also turned off occults, zombies and opted out of the celeb system. (Not required)
I am using a couple of mods to help me out as well:
  • NRAAS Relativity - to make the time for each day 50% slower (Not required, just wanted a little more time each day to spend with my sims. Maybe a little cheaty)
  • NRAAS Returner - to lengthen the amount of time a sim is pregnant to closer match the speed in years (Seasons are set to 7 days each season which would mean 2 years would pass at 56 days so my sims lives will be the equivalent of just over 2 years so being pregnant for 6 weeks seemed unrealistic - I still only made it 12 days...of course I hope I don't roll THAT event!)
  • Ani's No refrigerator shoppingmod - No food buying from the refrigerator - If your sim doesn't have the required food in their inventory or in the refrigerator you cannot make the meal. Period. So no free cereal or yogurt! (You can manage this without a mod. If it cost money, you can't have it and if you take a free meal, you have to eat a piece of fruit or a vegetable from your inventory)

Each blog entry will be one sim day so my blog will have 60 chapters plus this prologue and likely an epilogue. With that, I wanted a good back story and well it got away from me so without further ado I present my Escape to Nowhere Challenge.
Post edited by AudreyFld on

Comments