Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

keeping up with ideas

FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to keep up with the same idea while building. I start with one idea, researched and so, and during building it just goes to totally different thing than I've planned so carefully. and in the end I just hate the build since it is not what I actually wanted. how do you manage to stay with the one thing, the original idea of the build? :anguished:

Comments

• anneloes740anneloes740 Posts: 171 Member
    My builds usually turn out the best when I just start building randomly and didn't plan it what so ever :neutral:
    And if I do plan it I end up like you hating the build and deleting it hahaha :smiley:
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    if I don't plan, my builds are all the same :joy:
    I've tried having a bunch of pictures for reference, also, a list with keywords, as well as putting stuff on the ground that goes well to the theme. still, my mind wanders away betraying me :tired_face:
  • ashleyl2203ashleyl2203 Posts: 322 Member
    I usually don't start building until I have a good idea of what I want to do and the items and wall paper I have in my head to use. Maybe just go on Pinterest and search your idea for inspiration? I hate when that happens because we spend so much time on builds and sometimes they don't turn out. Maybe do a different build and come back to it?
  • KingStianKingStian Posts: 41 Member
    Looking at real floor plans with corresponding pictures is a great way to get ideas. They are usually very hard to outright duplicate in the game because of scaling and such, but you can take elements from the real thing into you own builds.
  • aldavoraldavor Posts: 1,387 Member
    KingStian wrote: »
    Looking at real floor plans with corresponding pictures is a great way to get ideas. They are usually very hard to outright duplicate in the game because of scaling and such, but you can take elements from the real thing into you own builds.

^^ This.

Google 'house plans' and you'll see several websites that have some very imaginative floor layouts for some quite exquisite houses :)
    cat01.gif
    My Website: https://sims4.aldavor.net
    #keepitfree
  • creativemetaphorcreativemetaphor Posts: 1,543 Member
    xoxoat11 wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one who finds it difficult to keep up with the same idea while building. I start with one idea, researched and so, and during building it just goes to totally different thing than I've planned so carefully. and in the end I just hate the build since it is not what I actually wanted. how do you manage to stay with the one thing, the original idea of the build? :anguished:

I know it goes against the creative flow sometimes, but if you have a carefully researched plan that you've carefully laid out, a bit of discipline sticking to your original plan and not getting derailed into something else that you end up not liking might be a good solution. If you decide you want to do something else, copy it and place it on another lot and change it up and see how it goes, but for the initial build, stick to your plan.
  • FrejaFreja Posts: 159 Member
    Thank you for your answers!

and I've heard stories that people in forums are not helpful at all. well, that's just a bunch of lies! so thanks again for getting here and helping me out :blush: