Forum Announcement, Click Here to Read More From EA_Cade.

Size petition

DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
edited January 2017 in The Sims 4 Ideas Corner
Instead of creating a bunch of (unnecessary) more new age groups, how about let there shall be a size option in cas? Now I'm not saying that the size should be highly customizable with sliders/pull&drag, but rather a preset of 2 or 3 buttons

(Also, I'm not saying it should be stricly like that, but if the devs don't mind putting their effort, work and resources into creating one then they can go all volunttary-robotic and poop)

There should be three buttons:
  • one for 'short'
  • other for 'medium' (i.e average)
  • last for 'tall'

As their name implies, by clicking one of them would change into the following, respectively changing their size into a lifestage that is: before it, after it, or the one the sim is set to be.

HOW EACH LIFESTAGE WILL LOOK LIKE:
Toddler:
  • Shorter: the size of the one's from TS2/TS3.
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Toddler, but still remain than a Child.
Child:
  • Shorter: SLIGHTLY shorter.
  • Taller: SLIGHTLY taller.
Teen:
  • Shorter: the size of the one's from TS2/TS3.
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Adults. (this doesn't change their behaviour/capabilities to of an adult).
Adult&Elder:
  • Shorter: *Debatable if should even exist (thinking of giving it as the teen-shorter).
  • Taller: taller than the current in-game provided Adults.

This customizable option could be like the gender patch-- you would be able to enable or disable it by simply with a click of a button. If your game has a household with 'Size Alteration' difference applied, then the towny will be spawning with size difference (eg. Adult A being taller than the Adult B ). If not, then the game will not spawn sims in different heights: the sims will look like exactly like how it is currently-in-the-game.The Game will start with it being disabled, so you'll have to enabled it, if you want to access this customization mechanic, from the get-go.

Probably it's obvious by now, but if not: the Medium just offers the sims the size of what the in-game currently provides to respective life stage. It is also the default set size when the Size Alteration is disabled (set up so when starting a new same game). While that is disabled, no sims will be spawing-in with different size per age group, and no sims in cas will be randomize like that.

ETA: Their should also be a toggle option for each life stage and their height size. Simmers do complain on how to tall Teens are and it's difficult to tell them apart from Adults, so a toggle option would prevent towny high teens from spawing in the saved game.

NNpYlHF.jpg
Post edited by DragonCat159 on

Comments

• DragonCat159DragonCat159 Posts: 1,896 Member
    edited January 2017
    UPDATE: 2017-01-16

:star:Petition (if anyone is willing to make a function poll for me, then please be sure to do. I would appreciate for doing so):
    @rinre33
    @TayTayGee

If you want sign up for petition, just ask me in a bolded text.
    Post edited by DragonCat159 on
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • throweruk1throweruk1 Posts: 11 New Member
    Why does it have to be instead of another update/addition to the game?

Because while the toddler life stage is unnecessary in your opinion, i think the number of active players since the update proves that they're a big hit, that the community overall wanted

Saying that though, i do agree with you about the height thing, it seems like such a simple thing to add in the game, when i first played the game and my child went from child to teen, i had to look several times to see if i was seeing things, because the teen was the same height as my adult and i was like, huh? what's that all about

Having 3 life stages where all the sims are the same height is just a little bit off and it does in my opinion make those 3 life stages seem like one stage, because while there are differences, like the teen still going to school and being slightly limited to what a YA and adult can do, it's not enough in my opinion

So yeah, being able to adjust heights would be a good addition to the game, because sims shouldn't all be the same size
    edited January 2017
    Rephrase the question, didn't get what you're asking.

Oh and you just remind something. Either the sims should grow (not age) accordingly in size, or after they do transition from one strange and another, their size could get randomized as well (unless the teen's is taller, (s)he should stay taller after turning into adult. Actually, maybe that is realistic in and out of itself, because I think I heard someone adult's can shrink a little bit),

Also do you sign up for petition or not.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    I think that would be an immense amount of work, it would be easier to just add shorter teens.

For every age, every single animation would have to be altered to facilitate the change in height. That's re-making every game animation four times.
    Then double that, for a tall and short options.
    Then, multiply that by 8, so that animations work from tall to short, or middle to tall, or tall to tall sims, etc..

Not to mention altering ALL of the clothes so that they fit the different heights.

Making a single age group, toddlers, was already a bigger file size than Get to Work, or Get Together.
    This would be that and several times more...
    We're talking thousands of animations, the time and cost would be too much.
  • rinre33rinre33 Posts: 697 Member
    It would be nice to have options for different heights, I'd love to have both petite and super tall sims not just all the same height, but not sure how feasible that it
    edited January 2017
    I think that would be an immense amount of work, it would be easier to just add shorter teens.

For every age, every single animation would have to be altered to facilitate the change in height. That's re-making every game animation four times.
    Then double that, for a tall and short options.
    Then, multiply that by 8, so that animations work from tall to short, or middle to tall, or tall to tall sims, etc..

Not to mention altering ALL of the clothes so that they fit the different heights.

Comparing the sliders|pull&push vs the three presets, my idea would require 6-10 new set of group animations rather than the billions they have to work if it for those sliders/drag.

Making a single age group, toddlers, was already a bigger file size than Get to Work, or Get Together.
    This would be that and several times more...
    Where did you see in my original post that I ever suggest a new age group? I only referr to it

NNpYlHF.jpg
    throweruk1 wrote: »
    Why does it have to be instead of another update/addition to the game?

Because while the toddler life stage is unnecessary in your opinion, i think the number of active players since the update proves that they're a big hit, that the community overall wanted

Saying that though, i do agree with you about the height thing, it seems like such a simple thing to add in the game, when i first played the game and my child went from child to teen, i had to look several times to see if i was seeing things, because the teen was the same height as my adult and i was like, huh? what's that all about

Having 3 life stages where all the sims are the same height is just a little bit off and it does in my opinion make those 3 life stages seem like one stage, because while there are differences, like the teen still going to school and being slightly limited to what a YA and adult can do, it's not enough in my opinion

So yeah, being able to adjust heights would be a good addition to the game, because sims shouldn't all be the same size
    rinre33 wrote: »
    It would be nice to have options for different heights, I'd love to have both petite and super tall sims not just all the same height, but not sure how feasible that it

So do you guys sign up or not? If so, type: Sign me
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Honestly, like the other poster said, for the amount of work they would have to do (see the examples they gave) i would be quite happy to just have teens be shorter

Of course the more customisation the better, but when you think about the work involved and the time that would take up, i think honestly, i would rather they focused on other things and updates

But that's just a personal view i have, it doesn't mean you're wrong or i don't like your idea, because i do, but for me, other things would benefit the game more and yeah, just having teens shorter would satisfy me on the height thing

So i haven't signed the petition, i only sign things that i am fully and 100% a believer in
    edited January 2017
    Well of course, they better do important stuff such as improving existing gameplay mechanics and returning stuff from previous iterations. At the almost end of the game, they could look into my idea and start working on it, while at the same time not dismissing other fans'.

ETA: I now removed you from the list.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    Rephrase the question, didn't get what you're asking.

I wasn't asking a question, i was responding to what you said at the start of your post
    Instead of creating a bunch of (unnecessary) more new age groups, how about let there shall be a size option in cas? Now I'm not saying that the size should be highly customizable with sliders/pull&drag, but rather a preset of 2 or 3 buttons

So what i am saying is, that why does it have to be your idea instead of for example (using yours) a new age group, why not both?

That's all i meant, because you make it sound like they should pick your idea/suggestion over another idea, but i don't think it needs to be like that, nothing wrong with doing both or even more

edited January 2017
    Well it would make more sense over then that. It also adds much work: making them different in size AND functional with new interactions. I find pre-teens could just be pushed onto in just a Teen life stage instead of creating imo unnecessary new life stage just for the sake of new interactions.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
  • TayTayGeeTayTayGee Posts: 313 Member
    edited January 2017
    Agreed, we need sims at different heights.
    So do you sign on or not? (bold it if so)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    edited January 2017
    Yes, sign me. :smiley:
    Post edited by TayTayGee on
    edited January 2017
    I believe there should be a short, average/default, and tall options. If they can add gender switch, they can add height option. Sims must at least 4-5 inches shorter or taller than their average age's height.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    Might I point out that even making teens shorter would require the adult animation to be re-done to fit the teens' new height?
    6adMCGP.gif
    MadameLee wrote: »
    Might I point out that even making teens shorter would require the adult animation to be re-done to fit the teens' new height?

No but thanks :)
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    No, it would not require to re-do animation. Did you see cc modern redoing animation for short of tall sims? No.
  • MadameLeeMadameLee Posts: 32,752 Member
    TayTayGee wrote: »
    No, it would not require to re-do animation. Did you see cc modern redoing animation for short of tall sims? No.

there's a difference between a CC creator who has NO control over the code (which means they can't re-do animations) and the animators who DO have control over the code. If you guys want shorter teens it would also mean fixing it so teens can use the stove,etc.
    6adMCGP.gif
  • fullspiralfullspiral Posts: 14,717 Member

Yes it would..even the mod creators for height sliders say the animations look weird.

Did you not see how the lounge chair animation looks too?

I'm sorry, but I want a lot more in the game than realism and realistic life stages and ages. Sims 4 has a ton of stuff to bring to us that doesn't necessarily involve new life stages added.

We got toddlers. Let them get back to making the game and bringing ALL simmers content....

there's a difference between a CC creator who has NO control over the code (which means they can't re-do animations) and the animators who DO have control over the code. If you guys want shorter teens it would also mean fixing it so teens can use the stove,etc.

That's why the height tool should have a limit.
  • dreamprisonerdreamprisoner Posts: 1,221 Member
    edited January 2017
    Comparing the sliders|pull&push vs the three presets, my idea would require 6-10 new set of group animations rather than the billions they have to work if it for those sliders/drag.
    Just because it's less immensely difficult than the alternative, doesn't mean it isn't immensely difficult itself.
    It also wouldn't be 6-10 times, it would be 18. Multiplying every animation in the game by 18.
    When I said 'that's thousands of animations' I was being gentle, it's more like tens of thousands.
    Where did you see in my original post that I ever suggest a new age group? I only referr to it
    You didn't and I didn't suggest you did.
    I was using toddlers as an example of a similar situation, they themselves came with lots of new animations, but thousands of times less that would be required for an Update like this and even then the patch managed to be bigger than a whole EP.
    I agree. However, shorter teens have been given to us since Sims 2, so like toddlers, it was a feature that was left out to save money. So although it would be very difficult (No where near as difficult as a Height Patch, though), it's really something we're owed and that is necessary when they decide to call an age teen that is no different than a young adult.
    fullspiral wrote: »
    Yes it would..even the mod creators for height sliders say the animations look weird.
    Like Fullspiral said, yes it would.
    Animations need to be aligned, if you ever used one of those height mods, or the stretchskeleton cheat in Sims 2, you'll know how important it is.
    If a short sim kissed a tall sim, it would result in them making out with the tall sim's chest instead.
    CC creators of height mods will ALWAYS say that animations will likely not work as intended, it is at the downloaders discretion to accept this.
    They can get away with it of course, because they are making mods for free, EA however, is not.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trgze5qzQ9A

Does seem like a issue but wouldn't have to have animation re-do if height has a limit.

Short is slightly short than the average and tall is slightly taller than the average. Short and tall sims may not have issues.
    "Just because it's less immensely difficult than the alternative, doesn't mean it isn't immensely difficult itself.
    It also wouldn't be 6-10 times, it would be 18. Multiplying every animation in the game by 18.
    When I said 'that's thousands of animations' I was being gentle, it's more like tens of thousands."
    I doubt there would be thousands, but ok. I forgot to type that there would probably be a set of 6-10 pre-existing animations. My bad :smiley:

"I was using toddlers as an example of a similar situation, they themselves came with lots of new animations, but thousands of times less that would be required for an Update like this and even then the patch managed to be bigger than a whole EP."
    Still doubting, especally with the existing one. Wouldn't they able to just copy&paste and be done that with that quicker?

"I agree. However, shorter teens have been given to us since Sims 2, so like toddlers, it was a feature that was left out to save money. So although it would be very difficult (No where near as difficult as a Height Patch, though), it's really something we're owed and that is necessary when they decide to call an age teen that is no different than a young adult."
    Well, I would be fine overall if they just added alternative shorter size from teens to choose from :D.

"If a short sim kissed a tall sim, it would result in them making out with the tall sim's chest instead." Not all animations reqyuire a sim/object touching each other, which is why I doubt it would to re-do all "thousands" of them.
    NNpYlHF.jpg
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Trgze5qzQ9A

Does seem like a issue but wouldn't have to have animation re-do if height has a limit.

Short is slightly short than the average and tall is slightly taller than the average. Short and tall sims may not have issues.
    Well, that's what I suggested for child LS though. Though teens will have to have a quite short option rather slightly as an option (for the sake to telling them apart from adults).

I really wish that devs at least give us shorter option for teens if everything else is not plausible (along with two check-box options for towny teens to spawn either adult-size or teeny or both)
    NNpYlHF.jpg